Start my own club?

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope he will. ;)

Next up is adding in the coaches' stats.

To get into their screens, double click on their names.

Details

If you want to change the guy's name, gender, ethnicity, hair colour, sking tone, date of birth, or city of birth, that's all fine. Keep in mind though, that the older he is, the more likely he is to retire.

Make sure the 'Person Type' is set to 'Non Player'.

Contract

Make sure he's at the right club first, which can be found out in the top row.

You've got 10 coaches, so you can divide them between the different roles. I suggest:

1 Assistant Manager

2 First Team Coaches

3 Coaches

1 Youth Team Coach

2 Goalkeeping Coaches

1 Fitness Coach

'Date Joined' and 'Contract Started' are irrelevent, as long as they are before the game starts.

Contract Expires = How many years do you want his contract to last before you have to renew it?

Contract Type = Full Time

Weekly Wage = For a Championship team roughly £800-1k

You can leave everything else blank.

Note: If you want the coach to leave at the end of his contract tick the 'Will Leave At End Of Contract' box. If you want a chance of resigning him, leave it unticked.

Alrighty then.

Person Data

You know what all of the stats mean from previously setting other people's so it's just a question of the personalities you want your coaches to have.

In the 'Job Preferences', put the number 20 into the box detailing that specific person's job.

Non Player Data

Ability and Reputation

The Current/Potential Ability and Current/World/Home Reputation can change for each coach.

If you want them to be top quality then set their ability stats high.

Tactical Attributes need to be different for the different roles, so I'll talk you through them once you've done what I've listed above. :)

Let's start with the Assistant Manager.

Tactical Attributes

Attacking = Do you want him to play the same kind of attacking football you support, when he is in control of the team?

Determination = 12-15

Dirtiness Allowance = When he has control of the team, will he allow players to play dirty, unsporting football? This can lead to suspensions.

Basicalled everything else means the same as what it meant when we were setting up the team's tactics. How would he play if he were in control of the team.

---

Then moving onto the 1st Team Coaches.

Tactical Attributes

Obviously differ their stats somewhat, so they're not exactly the same.

Attacking - How good is he at training players to be attacking?

Determination - How determined is he to get the best out of the players?

Dirtiness Allowance - Does he encourage dirty play?

Flamboyancy - Does he encourage tricks? This can lead to players trying to play the ball out of trouble when it would be better simply to boot it away.

Flexibility - How much leeway is there in his views?

Marking - How good is he at training players to mark well?

Offside - How good is he at training players to stay onside when attacking and spring the offside trap when defending?

Pressing - Does he like to play pressing, attacking football?

Sitting Back - Opposite of the 'Pressing' question.

Tactical Knowledge - How good is he at scouting opponents and adjusting his own team's tactics accordingly?

Tempo - Does he prefer a fast-paced game, or a slow one?

Use of Playermaker - Does he use a central midfielder to hold up play and bring others into the game?

Width - Does he play through the middle or the wings?

Yeah, we'll be doing them after. There's a lot here.

The ordinary coaches can have pretty much the same explanation as the first team ones.

The youth coach will play a looser type of football, with greater dirtiness allowance, free roles, and attacking. He'll have less determination.

The goalkeepering coach will have low stats for attacking, flamboyancy, pressing, and use of playmaker. He'll have high ones for depth, sitting back, and tactical knowledge.

The fitness coach will have low stats for attacking, determination, dirtiness allowance, pressing, and tactical knowledge. He'll have high ones for depth, sitting back, and width.

When you've done them we can move onto the Non Tactical Attributes.

Out of interest, how long have you been playing FM?

Ah... a new disciple for the faith. :D

For your Assistant Manager:

Not Tactical Attributes

Buying Players - 7-10

Hardness of Training - How hard to you want him to push your players in training? If he pushes them hard, them they might get stat increases. But there's also a greater possibility on injuries.

Judging Player Ability - The level at which he can accurately see how good a player is.

Judging Player Potential - The level at which he can accurately predict how good a player will be in the future.

(The last two above should be high enough for your ass man to give you accurate scout reports of potential targets.)

Level of Discipline - If left alone, will he heavily fine players who misbehave, to let them off lightly?

Man Management - How good is at managing the players at his club? This should be high.

Mind Games - If you're going to let him attend press conferences for you, how well will he mess with the opposition?

Motivating - How well can he get your squad fired up?

Squad Rotation - What's his view on this?

Working With Youngsters - How well does he work when faced with players from the U18 team?

Coaching Attacking - How good is he at training players to attack?

Coaching Defending - How good is he at training players to defend?

Coaching Fitness - How good is he at training players to be fit?

Coaching Goalkeepers - How good is he at training goalkeepers?

Coaching Mental - How good is he at training players to deal with the mental side of the game?

Coaching Tactics - How good is he at training players to learn and carry out tactical instructions?

If you want to play an attacking game, then his 'Coaching Attacking/Fitness/Mental' stats should be high, where his 'Coaching Defending/Goalkeepers' should be low. 'Coaching Tactics' should be medium.

The last 5 slots can be left at 0.

For your First Team Coaches:

Buying Players = Left blank

Harness of training = 10-15 as they're training only the 1st team.

JPA = 12-15

JPP = 15 roughly

Man Management = 12-14

Mind Games = 6-8

Motivating = 12-16

Squad Rotation = 8-10

Working With Youngsters = A low number, seeing as they're not going to work with any of the U18s.

Coaching Attacking = 15-17

Coaching Defending = 7-11

Coaching Fitness = 8-12

Coaching Goalkeepers = A low number, seeing as they're not going to work with any keepers.

Coaching Mental = 16-18

Coaching Tactical = 15 roughly

I also just saw that I missed 'Coaching Technical' out of the Ass Man's guide. His should be 10-12, whereas the 1st team coaches should be 14-16.

Youth Team Coach

Hardness of Training =Low, because the guys in the U18s are only kids.

JPA = 10-12

JPP = High, because this is where you should get your U18 reports from, so 18-20.

Level of Discipline = 3-6

Man Management = 5-7

Mind Games = 7-10

Motivating = 13-16

Working With Youngsters = 20

For 'Coaching Attacking/Defending', what kind of football do you want your U18s to play?

Coaching Fitness = 8-10

Coaching Goalkeepers = 0

Coaching Mental = 7-9

Coaching Tactical = 10-12

Coaching Technical = 8-10

Goalkeepering Coaches

Everything can be left alone apart from:

Working With Youngsters = They're going to be working with both senior and youth players, so I suggest 15-17.

Coaching Defending = 10-14

Coaching Fitness = 6-8

Coaching Goalkeepers = 20

Coaching Mental = 12-15

Coaching Tactical = 7-12

Coaching Technical = 5-7

Onto Scouts...

Details

The same as every other time before.

Contract

Make sure the person you're on is listed as a Scout.

Person Data

Adaptability = 15-18

Ambition = Varying for each person.

Controversy = Same as 'Ambition'.

Loyalty = Same as 'Ambition'.

Pressure = 10-12

Professionalism = 14-16

Sportsmanship = 12-14

Temparament = Same as 'Ambition'.

In the 'Job Preferences' tab, put 20 into the box opposite 'Scout'.

Do the same for all your scouts. Then we can move onto 'Non Player Data'.

Non Player Data

Ability and Reputation

Current Ability = 100-125 roughly for all.

Potential Ability = -9 for all.

Current Reputation = 75-90

World Rep = 50

Home Rep = 100-110

Formations don't matter as we're talking about scouts.

Tactical Attributes

Determination = 15-17

Everything else in the tab can be left as is.

Onto Physios. These are much simpler to do. :)

For 'Details' and 'Contract' you know what to do.

Person Data - Job Preferences

Physio - 20

Non Player Data

Ability and Reputation

Current Ability = 90-110

Potential Ability = 125-160

Non Tactical Attributes

Physiotherapy - 20

Everything I've missed out can be left alone.

We need to work out what positions everyone's going to play before we start on the players themselves. What do you think?

1st Team

GK - 2

RB - 2

CB - 4

LB - 2

CM - 2

LM - 2

RM - 2

CAM - 2

ST - 4

Is 22 too many? Only 20 doesn't seem like enough...

Reserves

1 player for each position? Because any players who aren't playing in the 1st team can be put into the Reserve fixtures.

Under 18s

I think you should have more than 11. How does 15 sound?

Vic:

I am interested in your thread and would like to start my own club,. From the info you have shared with Skorpio678 up to this point is there anything missing that needs to be done.

I am going to copy and paste this thread and follow the details you have provided.

thanks

Vic:

I am interested in your thread and would like to start my own club,. From the info you have shared with Skorpio678 up to this point is there anything missing that needs to be done.

I am going to copy and paste this thread and follow the details you have provided.

thanks

Everything to do with player creation and onwards we haven't covered yet, but get to that point and you can follow the instructions I'll continue to post.

Also, all the numbers I've advised Skorpio678 on were for a Championship club. If you're going to create a club at a different level, the stats will have to be different.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. I'm not even against walking you through it from step 1. :)

Vic:

many thanks.

I was thinking about either championship or premier. I think I read you were in Austalia? I am in USA so a bog time difference. Would it be too much trouble for you to do a complete walkthruou from start to finish so I can print out and follow? I can give you my email if you dont want to post the walkthrough.

Also, can you make your own logo's etc?

Everything to do with player creation and onwards we haven't covered yet, but get to that point and you can follow the instructions I'll continue to post.

Also, all the numbers I've advised Skorpio678 on were for a Championship club. If you're going to create a club at a different level, the stats will have to be different.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. I'm not even adverse to walking you through it from step 1. :)

Vic:

many thanks.

I was thinking about either championship or premier. I think I read you were in Austalia? I am in USA so a bog time difference. Would it be too much trouble for you to do a complete walkthruou from start to finish so I can print out and follow? I can give you my email if you dont want to post the walkthrough.

Also, can you make your own logo's etc?

I'm in England. ;) Skorpio678 is the one in Australia.

No problem. I can do that. :)

Shall I go through it like I've done with Skorpio678: one part at a time?

No, I don't do skins, logos, etc. Sorry. If you check out the Skinning Hideout though, someone will help you there.

Vic:

Whatever works best for you> What I will do is take your walkthrough - print it out _ and go step by step from there.

i am originally from scotland - which part of england are you in?

I'm in England. ;) Skorpio678 is the one in Australia.

No problem. I can do that. :)

Shall I go through it like I've done with Skorpio678: one part at a time?

No, I don't do skins, logos, etc. Sorry. If you check out the Skinning Hideout though, someone will help you there.

Vic:

Whatever works best for you> What I will do is take your walkthrough - print it out _ and go step by step from there.

i am originally from scotland - which part of england are you in?

Okay, we'll do it step by step. That way will probably be easier.

I live in Essex. It's a bit boring, truth be told. ;) What part of America do you live in?

Here are the steps to get you onto the screen where you can start setting up your club:

1. Double click on the FM10 Editor icon.

2. Click 'File', then 'Load Database...'.

3. When the database has loaded, click on 'Clubs' in the menu that appears to the left.

4. Near the bottom of the screen there is an 'Add' button. Click it.

You should be taken to a screen marked '<unnamed>'.

Details

What do you want to call your club?

What do you want your club's nicknames to be?

Year Founded = When do you want the club's history to start?

Status = Professional

Morale = 10-14

Reputation = Which league are you planning to add your team to?

I need the answer to the 'Reputation' question before I can continue. :thup:

Vic:

My other question would be _ could you take a small team _ Burntisland Shipyard (scottish) for example and make them an English Prem or Champ team?

Yeah, you can. You would, however, have to either download a database which has them in (because I don't think they're in the game originally; correct me I'm wrong), or create a new club with their name.

i have seen them in fm2010 playing in the scottish cup?

Yeah, you can. You would, however, have to either download a database which has them in (because I don't think they're in the game originally; correct me I'm wrong), or create a new club with their name.

i have seen them in fm2010 playing in the scottish cup?

That doesn't mean they're in the game. They could be playing with greyed out players. To find out whether or not they have real players, go into the game, search for them, and see whether their players are greyed out or not.

lets start in championship I will start new game with championship and prem loaded????

Details

What do you want to call your club?

What do you want your club's nicknames to be?

Year Founded = When do you want the club's history to start?

Status = Professional

Morale = 10-14

Reputation = Which league are you planning to add your team to?

I need the answer to the 'Reputation' question before I can continue. :thup:

Sorry I didn't reply right away. My max download for the month expired, so I couldn't get onto the internet. :p

not that i can see

If you want to play as them then, you'll have to download a database where that league is activated.

lets start in championship I will start new game with championship and prem loaded????

Okay' date=' cool. As you're starting in the Championship. Most of the stats I told Skorpio678 to put in would be relevent here.

I'll copy and paste anyways.

[u']Details[/u]

Reputation = 4500-6000

Stadium

Stadium

Click on the small arrow across from the word 'Stadium', and click 'search' on the drop down menu that appears. Now type in a current stadium you wish to take the name of and double click on the correct one. If you want a reserve stadium, do the same for the line below.

Attendance = (the current capacity of the stadium) Around 20000.

Minimum Attendance = (the number of seats your stadium can be reduced to) Around 10000.

Maximum Attendance = (the number of seats your stadium can be expanded to before you must build a new one) Around 40000.

Training = 14-18

Youth Setup = 13-17

Youth Academy = Yes

EDIT: I recommend loading Leagues 1 and 2 as well, if your computer can handle it. :)

Finances

General

Balance = How much money do you want your club to have?

Transfer Budget = As above.

Remaning Wage Budget = For a Championship team, I recommend roughly £20,000 to £25,000.

I've never been sure what a 'Public Limited Company' is, even though I feel I should.

Sugar Daddy - Do you want someone to pump money into your club and make it so you never go into admin?

Foreground - Will continually give the club money. Lots of it.

Background - Will pump money into the club, but if you go up 1 or 2 levels he will cease to do so.

Underwriter - Will only top up the club's bank balance if it's in the red.

Stadium Rental = Nothing, as you own the stadium.

Average Match Ticket Price = £15-£25

Average Season Ticket Price = £300-£400

Number of Season Ticket Holders = 20000-25000

Other Income

First up is giving you a Kit Sponser. Click the 'Add' button at the bottom of the screen, click on the drop down menu on the row that appears, and click on 'Kit Sponser'.

Amount = 750k-1.4mil.

Start Date = 1.7.2009

End Date = 30.6.(how many years do you want to run it for?)

Then tick the 'Renew Income' box. This will renew the deal when it runs out, meaning you continue to get cash.

It depends whether or not you want to tick the 'Fixed Value' box. Ticking it will make the number you put in the 'Amount' box to remain the value of the sponsership deal forever. Keeping it unticked will allow the value to fluctuate, becoming higher or lower.

Then you need a 'General Sponser'. Click the 'Add' button again, but this time click 'General Sponser' in the drop down menu.

Amount = 500k-1mil

You can do the same for all the other types of sponsers. These are the rough amounts a Championship team would recieve from each:

Government/Council Grant = 250k

Stadium Sponser = 750k-1.5mil

Individual TV Deal = 1mil

Other Income = 800k

Club Membership = 500k

Debts

Do you want any?

Competitions

Click on the arrow opposite the word 'Division', click 'search', and type in 'Championship'. Click on the right option, and do NOT tick the 'has no reserve/youth fixtures' boxes.

You can leave the EURO Coefficents blank as you're not in Europe.

---

The Championship is only designed for 20 teams, but you've added one, making it 21. We could go through the whole rebalancing process, but it's very long, and it would be easier to just delete one of the current Championship teams from your edited database.

I suggest someone like Doncaster, who won't be missed.

To do this:

1. Click on 'Database' in the top right hand corner.

2. Click on 'Competitions' in the menu that appears below it.

3. Search 'Championship', and double click on the correct result.

4. Click 'Teams', and highlight the one you wish to delete.

5. Click 'Remove'.

When you save this edited database add-on, you won't save it over the original database, allowing you to, when you start a new game, choose not to run it, and therefore have Doncaster back safe and sound. ;)

Archived