Anyone ever seen Manchester United relegated?

In my 2123 save ManU's worst finish was 10th, which is sick in 114 seasons ! (10.1)

Chelsea spent more time in Championshipt than Premier league, 2 times they were 1 point above relegation to League 1.

Cambridge United got promoted to Premier League first time in 2074, playing yo-yo since, best finish was 10th.

Sheffield United won some European cups and is one of the biggest English clubs for a century.

Wolves won the Champion's League in 2059, is now playing in League 1 for some decades.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Somehow I'm not sure that a big portion of the fanbase would remain intact (as it has for some other large clubs who have been relegated). They'd all support Man City and then only people who live in the city of Manchester would be said to support Man U.

I have never seen UTD coming close to relegation but i havent played for over 10 seasons. being born and bread in manchester, the centre of manchester and supporting Man U all my life from what i know is theres more united fans in Manchester than city fans. We dont like having all the glory hunters follow our club but to a world famous succsesful club you need a large fan base. And Old Trafford would still be full if they stopped supporting us tomorrow. Fact .

one of the moderators requested that we stayed ON TOPIC, please can we keep it so, it is most frustrating to trawl through 30% posts that are people insulting, or thinking someone has insulted them. Not even children behave like that. It is irrelevant who you all support and where you live to this topic.

As for seeing Man Utd relegated, I have not played long enough to ever see it, and have always found them to be a massive force against me. On FM08 in a game i ran for 6 seasons the minumum points total to win the league was an astonishing 88 points, and even with 94 points i failed to win the league one season. I think it is a greater reflection than FM06 where Man Utd dropped very quickly, and regularly languished in mid-table.

• 6 months later...
loads of man united fans in leicester, i know as i lived there. man utd fans boast all the time because they win things. they seem to forget they havent even been to manchester.

Lived in Manchester most of my life and am a Man Utd fan.

However, people who haven't been to Manchester or know little about it talk as if they know more than they do too. i.e. yourself.

Playing through FM2008 just starting my 12th Season with Salisbury (First season in Prem)

Man United - Championship (Just got relegated £500m in debt)

Liverpool - Prem Champions 8 times in 12 seasons

West Ham - League 1

Aston Villa - League 1

Birmingham - League 1

Man City - Championship

I'm midway through the 2020/21 season now in FM10, Man United still haven't finished lower than 8th. They are hanging on pretty well.

The biggest surprise has been Brighton and Hove Albion in the Premier League actually, they've made a fairly decent rise up the pyramid. Their squad is entirely made up of grey players though, since I am only playing England as view-only, so that seems a bit strange, especially with all the other clubs having a full squad.

I have another 35+ years on this planet. I guarantee it happens before I'm gone. In 2000 You would of rolled your eyes at anyone saying Leeds would be in the 3rd level within 10 years. Nottingham Forest was king of the world in the 80s.

I actually had a bet with someone that they would go down from the Premiership, I was 1 year off.

Archived