The Manchester United Thread 2007/08 - Home of the Champions

Nick OGS20

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juve4EVA:

both options tbh.

what makes you think your lot can offer more in wages?

remember, we have champions league football to offer and, er, you don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we have recieved about 100mil.

you won't be bidding for him this transfer market seeing as you have already spent a lot. we aren't either so next summer it will be both of us and we will both have european football to offer at that time.

fyi Anderson will be starting Brazil's game in Copa América tonight in place of Diego. Watch your new buy at work if you can, we have high hopes for him. icon14.gif

He's bound to see a lot of action, even if ineffective action, if we stick to Dunga's funnel through-the-middle-or-bust tactics. icon_frown.gif

The kit looks pretty good to me, tbh. It could do with more white though, perhaps the collar? But still looks good.

I've not bought a replica since the last umbro home kit and my only other kit is this one.

My all time favourite's the 98/99 Champions League kit. The V on the collarbone thing was fb.

Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I thought that photo was fake. So many random kids in there that wont be within 100 miles of the first team next season and first teamers missing.

I guess the stuck-in background makes it look shopped.

united with a myspace?! disgrace

really like the keeper kit. still not convinced by the home shirt, guess it'll probably grow on me, especially when seen in person.

Nev interview at that photoshoot - "well it's united red, and it's got the badge on it, that's important". no sh*t Gaz icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

united with a myspace?! disgrace

really like the keeper kit. still not convinced by the home shirt, guess it'll probably grow on me, especially when seen in person.

Nev interview at that photoshoot - "well it's united red, and it's got the badge on it, that's important". no sh*t Gaz icon_biggrin.gif

Just wanted to ask that.

Why the **** does United have a myspace account? Don't they have the money for a proper server to host the videos and crap?

I thought Anderson looked okay last night in the 45 minutes he was on the pitch. Some good passes & seemed to actually do some closing down & chasing back when he did give the ball away.

Was his first start & he has had a bit of a stop start season so he was never going to be brilliant.

Carrick did a good job for us last season but whenever he played for England i thought he was really awful so i'm not putting much stock into the performances of Anderson or Nani for their country.

The way i see it is we have bought two kids much like Ronaldo who have the tools to be great and now we have to set about realising that potential and we could well be in for some frustrating times with both of them.

Reds complete triple signing

Manchester United have completed the triple signing of Nani, Anderson and Tomasz Kuszczak.

Both Nani and Anderson have signed five-year-deals with the Barclays Premier League champions, joining from Sporting Lisbon and Porto respectively.

The permanent transfer of Polish goalkeeper Kuszczak comes after the completion of a loan season from West Bromwich Albion last term.

Nani, Anderson and fellow new arrival Owen Hargreaves will be officially unveiled to the press in the near future.

Meanwhile, Academy scholars James Chester, Richard Eckersley and Sam Hewson have signed professional forms with United, as has Academy student Tom Cleverley.

Not Flapjack but great to have the other two fully signed and sealed.

Ranted at Martin now I am going to rant on here too. It's my favourite subject, the ticket office.

This will be part one in a season long vendetta against the complete idiots so get comfy.

I think it was Martin who posted on here about extended opening hours. When I received my letter yesterday telling me I was succesful in my application for a one year season ticket (shock horror) it clearly states on the letter that I can either ring up or go down to register. The times it gives are:

Fri 7am - 8pm

Sat/Sun 9am - 5pm

Mon-Wed 7am-8pm

Ignring the fact my letter wasn't even here on the Friday I was going to town today anyway so thought I may as well make the detour to the ticket office. Got there at quarter past 5 & it's ****ing shut. Useless *****.

Well the weather isn't the best but I had successfully avoided the rain all day. That is until I get off the bus & faced the 5 minute walk to my house. No sooner did I step foot off the bus, the heavens open & I got drenched. Wasn't expecting any sympathy off my mum but she made me strip in the hallway so I didn't get the house wet icon_frown.gif

Imagine the sight of a 23 year old man being told to strip down in the hallway icon_biggrin.gif Was like the old days after getting soaked when playing out or walking home or something.

Still she did make me a cup of tea so all is well with the world icon14.gif

Anybody going to Dunfermline away on 8th August? Ticket information here.

Tickets for the Charity/Community Shield are supposedly £15, £20, £30 and £40. I'll definitely go if I can get one for £15/£20 and travel is sorted. I'm expecting to get one for £15 as it was easy enough to get a £35 for the FA Cup final and these won't be in such high demand.

Archived