Is this cheating....i dont think so but give your opinions

Originally posted by PETER CASSIDY:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick_Hamblin:

It's certainly a bit naughty but not out and out cheating. I don't understand why you'd want to completely destroy the club you just left though - I can see the merits on the low minimum fee side, but offering the c**p players huge contracts?! It just seems like your going out of your way to undermine a club that (presumably) has gotten you to where you are today.

Its just my way of saying, iv moved on lol. I love seeing how quickly a club can fall from grace without my genius. The only team i would never do this to is my beloved Glasgow Celtic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The clubs aren't really falling apart without your "genius" though. The reason they are falling apart is because you've cheated to completley screw them over. There's a difference.

Originally posted by Elrawkum:

Ben Johnson/Dwight Chambers/Flo Jo didn't feel guilty either... They're still cheats though.

That reasoning just doesn't stand up to even mild questioning. Are serial killers innocent if they don't feel guilt (most true psychopaths don't feel guilt or anything much at all)? Were Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, etc. good men because they believed they were? Extreme examples I know, but the principle of 'if I don't feel guilty then I must be innocent' just doesn't hold weight when you think about it for more than a second.

If the OP did what he did deliberately to sabotage his old team/benefit his new one underhandedly then it is without question deliberate cheating (real life would allow you get away with doing it too - but the chances are you'd have a court case against you somewhere down the line...) Even if you didn't do it deliberately it's still cheating but the onus is then on you to stop doing it once you realise that's the case.

For example, there is a known issue with corners which amounts to an exploit - if you scored from lots of corners without knowing anything about this, then it would still be cheating, but it would be unintentional. If however you continued to use it after finding out it was a known exploit then you become a knowing cheat. Now it is only a game and therefore I'm not going to question your real life morals, but in the perspective of the game, you have to make your own moral decision on whether you will continue to knowingly cheat or, now you know what other people think about it, stop.

Either way, echoing what everyone else has said, if you're fine with doing this then it's your game, fill your boots, but don't kid yourself it isn't cheating or look to others for validation and then take exception to what their responses are.

Good luck with your decision, whatever it is, and enjoy the game as you want to play it icon14.gif

If I was doing it without knowing about the cheat but not scoring very many goals does that make me a not very good unintentional cheat icon_confused.gif?

As for the original post by Cheaty McCheatalot, yes it is cheating, but it is only cheating yourself out of a valid competition against the AI as SI set it up and that is your choice.

And as for this comment...

Yea but they require you to add another manager and like i said earlier that is cheating, let me put it more clear, anything you can do in a single player game without rebooting or adding a fake manager or ****in with the editor isnt cheating.

That would indicate that you don't class tools such as FM Scout and the like as cheating, (which they obviously are), because it allows you to see what potential ability every player has.

Anyway, lots of people taking that bait......

The game could easily get around this by "freezing" certain options when a job offer/application has been made (ie all transfers & contracts).

Or perhaps the game should recognise what has happened and the manager rep should take a HUGE hit.

To all of you who think this is cheating outright, do you consider it cheating when during signing a player, he asks for a minimum fee release clause and you raise it so he won't be sold for too cheap?

For example, there is a known issue with corners which amounts to an exploit - if you scored from lots of corners without knowing anything about this, then it would still be cheating, but it would be unintentional.

I disagree completely.

Yes they'll be unintentionally benefiting from a known exploit, but if they honestly don't know that it's an exploit, then they can't be cheating. The way I see it, it's only cheating if they have calculated the maliciously advantageous results... exactly like our original poster has done.

Originally posted by wills1987:

To all of you who think this is cheating outright, do you consider it cheating when during signing a player, he asks for a minimum fee release clause and you raise it so he won't be sold for too cheap?

Of course not, that's all part of the negotiating process.

The player will only sign a contract he feels is acceptable.

Originally posted by wills1987:

It's called negotiating!

Originally posted by Elrawkum:

For example, there is a known issue with corners which amounts to an exploit - if you scored from lots of corners without knowing anything about this, then it would still be cheating, but it would be unintentional. If however you continued to use it after finding out it was a known exploit then you become a knowing cheat.

So then what if you have a right winger with 18+ for pace, acceleration, dribbling, creativity, crossing & teamwork. So you buy 2 tall strikers with jumping & heading 20. You know 9/10 times that your winger will beat the left back and put in a decent cross. You also know that there is a good chance that one of your strikers will get a decent header in on goal.

Is that cheating then?

How about if you have a CM or AM with longshots 20 & "shoots with power" and you tell him to take longshots often, is it cheating?

Archived