[Released] Netbook 2010 Skin + Dark Version

michaeltmurrayuk

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I've been trying to load the skin to my netbook and i'm on windows 7 starter. I've done all of the other instructions but can't do Number 2 (see below). Does anyone know where the settings are in application data on windows 7 as that is the file I can't find?

. Manually adjust one of the xml files, first you may need to enable view hidden files, then browse to:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Inside that folder will be a list of xml files (they may all be inside a Version 1003 subfolder for some reason), now you want to scroll down until you find the 'skin.xml' file open this with notepad and you will see something like this:

<record>

<string id="valu" value="netbook2010"/>

</record>

where it says netbook2010 will be the name of your currently selected skin, to select the netbook2010 skin type netbook2010 as shown above and save the file. The game will now load with the netbook2010 skin selected.

@michaeltmurrayuk:

Just happend to me, when i try to "Create Tactic" inside tactics tab, the popup is out of screen, as it was for example at press interviews.

It's not a big deal but perhaps you can check that.

thanks!

If you have read the notes, you would have knew that you cannot use the 'create tactic' wizard.

Hi, I've been trying to load the skin to my netbook and i'm on windows 7 starter. I've done all of the other instructions but can't do Number 2 (see below). Does anyone know where the settings are in application data on windows 7 as that is the file I can't find?

. Manually adjust one of the xml files, first you may need to enable view hidden files, then browse to:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Inside that folder will be a list of xml files (they may all be inside a Version 1003 subfolder for some reason), now you want to scroll down until you find the 'skin.xml' file open this with notepad and you will see something like this:

<record>

<string id="valu" value="netbook2010"/>

</record>

where it says netbook2010 will be the name of your currently selected skin, to select the netbook2010 skin type netbook2010 as shown above and save the file. The game will now load with the netbook2010 skin selected.

The Windows 7 location should be the same as the Vista one, though you should only need to do this step if the game crashes on the preferences screen, otherwise you can select the skin from within the game.

Hi Michael thanks for all your efforts, seems to be working fine so far.

Got a slight problem, might sound a bit silly, but I have to load the netbook2010 skin everytime i start the game which is a slight annoyance. When i exit the game and restart it seems to go back to the FM2010 default skin. How do i leave the netbook2010 skin as default?

Apologies if i have missed the obvious fix.

cheers

OJ

You should just need to select the skin from the preferences menu and click confirm and it should remember your skin choice, you haven't been messing around with the desktop shortcut have you?

If that doesn't work you can try options 1 or 2 in the opening post to get the game to load with the netbook skin without going into the preferences screen.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone else have an issue with the dark skin?

When I use it I get a shadow of the "last screen", which makes some screens unreadable, anyoen know what this is? I'm not using the skin on a notebook I use it on my desktop, I just like dthe skin from last year.

Also How do you get the shortcut buttons next to the team name at top? (ie squad, tactics etc) I really miss those form last year,

anyone else have an issue with the dark skin?

When I use it I get a shadow of the "last screen", which makes some screens unreadable, anyoen know what this is? I'm not using the skin on a notebook I use it on my desktop, I just like dthe skin from last year.

Also How do you get the shortcut buttons next to the team name at top? (ie squad, tactics etc) I really miss those form last year,

The shortcuts should be in the menubar at the top with your name and the continue button you can customize them by right clicking on the menubar.

Though with the shadowing issue it sounds like one of the header files is corrupted.

You can try deleting the skin cache files (instructions here) if that doesn't work you can try redownloading the skin as your download may have been corrupted.

• 2 weeks later...

Deleting the tactic panel.xml file from the panels folder and reloading the skin will fix the tactics screen for the moment, I'll release an update over the weekend when I've checked to see if anything else has been broken/changed.

I don't think the background changes will work as the white/gray background used by the FM2010 skins aren't transparent.

Though hopefully the tree menu can now be re-enabled fully so I may look into releasing a version with the tree menu.

Just found another bug(not sure if you can call it bug)...

In patch 10.2, there is suppose to be a new event called "Runs Past Opponent" in the analysis page but using the netbook skin, the event cannot be seen. I tried switching to another skin and the event can be seen.

Netbook skin

tottenhamvtottenhamrese.png

Another skin

sanjosevtottenham.png

Both Verisons of the skin have now been updated to work correctly with patch 10.2 - the A, D, S text on the tactics screen should be fixed, as should issues with the news items on the home screen and the runs past opponent option is now added to the analysis tool, I've also updated various other files that were updated by patch 10.2 and tweaked the tabs a little more, a couple more extras have been added aswell.

(Note if anyone has downloaded the skins between 19:00-19:15 today please redownload as the add manager xml file had the wrong name so you may have problems adding a new manager to the game, the version up now is fixed).

Full Change Log

v1.3.

- Fixed issues brought about by patch 10.2

- Tweaked the tabs position so they are better aligned.

- Added two new files in the extras folder:

- collapse_match highlights.xml - makes the timebar container on the classic pitch collapsable, though once you have collapsed it, it doesn't uncollapse.

- notimebar_match highlights.xml - disables the timebar container on the classic pitch view, though you also lose the camera button to change cameras you'll need to go into the TV View.

Skin Extras:

I've included a couple of extras in the extras folder to use them copy the relevant files into the panels folder:

- Right Side Continue button, if you prefer the Continue button on the top right then copy the menubar.xml, match title bar.xml and match_menubar.xml files into the panels folder and reload the skin.

- No Footer Continue button, if you don't want the Continue button in the footer then copy the footer.xml file into the panels folder and reload the skin.

- collapse_match highlights.xml - makes the timebar container on the classic pitch collapsable, though once you have collapsed it, it doesn't uncollapse.

- notimebar_match highlights.xml - disables the timebar container on the classic pitch view, though you also lose the camera button to change cameras you'll need to go into the TV View.

- To get the modified match highlight files to work rename the one you want to match highlights.xml and copy it into the panels folder overwriting the existing one. To get the default view back rename the default_match_highlights.xml to match highlights.xml and copy it into the panels folder.

---

The Modified match screens don't work 100% so I've only included them as extras.

The collapse_match highlights.xml file allows you to collapse the timebar container during a match, though it doesn't uncollapse during a match - so you can select your camera and collapse it if you don't use the timebar.

The notimebar_match highlights.xml disables the timebar container completely, though it does cause you to lose the camera button, if you want to use this to change cameras you'll need to do it from the TV view mode and then switch back.

To use either mod rename them to match highlights.xml and copy the file into the panels folder and reload the skin.

---

Download links are in the top two posts depending on what version you want:

DOWNLOAD PAGE FOR LIGHT VERSION

DOWNLOAD PAGE FOR DARK VERSION

I've been trying to get FM10 running on Samsung NC10 downloaded the demo off Steam and it just doesn't seem to load...changed it to window mode etc...and still nothing any suggestions? wanted to try demo first rather than commit to buying it, but great people are there trying to support netbooks via skins, any help would be very much appreciated.

michaeltmurrayuk ive downloaded, extracted and using the darker skin you created for the netbook users and in the target box wrote "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen --skin=netbook2010

ive also unticked the box where it says "use skin cache" as is stated on your post.....yet im still having the same problem where i cannot see the options on the press conference and i have to scroll down on my players stats....can you or anyone please help???? im using the samsung N130 netbook by the way..thanks

I've been trying to get FM10 running on Samsung NC10 downloaded the demo off Steam and it just doesn't seem to load...changed it to window mode etc...and still nothing any suggestions? wanted to try demo first rather than commit to buying it, but great people are there trying to support netbooks via skins, any help would be very much appreciated.

If you have installed the demo through Steam first you'll need to create a desktop shortcut to the fm.exe file (it should be located in \Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010 demo\ right click on the fm.exe file and send to -> Desktop) then follow the instructions in the opening post to add the --small_screen --windowed command.

The game should now load and if you go into the preferences menu you should be able to select the netbook skin if you have downloaded it.

michaeltmurrayuk ive downloaded, extracted and using the darker skin you created for the netbook users and in the target box wrote "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen --skin=netbook2010

ive also unticked the box where it says "use skin cache" as is stated on your post.....yet im still having the same problem where i cannot see the options on the press conference and i have to scroll down on my players stats....can you or anyone please help???? im using the samsung N130 netbook by the way..thanks

First make sure that the game has actually selected the netbook skin, your screen should look like the screenshots in the opening posts, or you can check the preferences -> Display and Sound menu and it'll show what your selected skin is.

If the Netbook skin is selected have you hidden or set the windows taskbar to auto-hide? As the windows taskbar takes up a fair bit of space and that might be causing the problem.

Both Verisons of the skin have now been updated to work correctly with patch 10.2 - the A, D, S text on the tactics screen should be fixed, as should issues with the news items on the home screen and the runs past opponent option is now added to the analysis tool, I've also updated various other files that were updated by patch 10.2 and tweaked the tabs a little more, a couple more extras have been added aswell.

(Note if anyone has downloaded the skins between 19:00-19:15 today please redownload as the add manager xml file had the wrong name so you may have problems adding a new manager to the game, the version up now is fixed).

Full Change Log

v1.3.

- Fixed issues brought about by patch 10.2

- Tweaked the tabs position so they are better aligned.

- Added two new files in the extras folder:

Skin Extras:

I've included a couple of extras in the extras folder to use them copy the relevant files into the panels folder:

- Right Side Continue button, if you prefer the Continue button on the top right then copy the menubar.xml, match title bar.xml and match_menubar.xml files into the panels folder and reload the skin.

- No Footer Continue button, if you don't want the Continue button in the footer then copy the footer.xml file into the panels folder and reload the skin.

- To get the modified match highlight files to work rename the one you want to match highlights.xml and copy it into the panels folder overwriting the existing one. To get the default view back rename the default_match_highlights.xml to match highlights.xml and copy it into the panels folder.

---

The Modified match screens don't work 100% so I've only included them as extras.

The collapse_match highlights.xml file allows you to collapse the timebar container during a match, though it doesn't uncollapse during a match - so you can select your camera and collapse it if you don't use the timebar.

The notimebar_match highlights.xml disables the timebar container completely, though it does cause you to lose the camera button, if you want to use this to change cameras you'll need to do it from the TV view mode and then switch back.

To use either mod rename them to match highlights.xml and copy the file into the panels folder and reload the skin.

---

Download links are in the top two posts depending on what version you want:

DOWNLOAD PAGE FOR LIGHT VERSION

DOWNLOAD PAGE FOR DARK VERSION

Michael,sorry for this dullard question,but i just got a gateway 15 inch laptop for Christmas would this skin be the most compatable.

michael: just a heads up, but in dark, there is a problem with the finances screen where the skin doesn't properly display the General Finances.

Good spot, it was a pain to fix though - scrolling doesn't want to work in the bottom bit, I've fixed it so everything should now display but I've had to get rid of the finance graph are their just isn't enough room on that page.

For anyone who has downloaded the skin before now to fix the finance screen you just need to download this file unzip it and copy the two xml files into the panels folder for either of the netbook2010 skins (fix applies to both light and dark versions) then go into the preferences menu untick skin cache tick reload skin and press confirm the skin should reload and fix the finance screen.

Got it working!!!!

If anyone else is in the same boat try this:

Download the netbook skin and put it in my documents/sports interactive/fm2010/skins.

On Steam click 'Properties' then type in "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" --small_screen --windowed OR "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" --small_screen --windowed --skin=netbook2010 (Not sure which one makes it work, it's the latter on my one)

Now the game should load.

When it loaded originally it didn't have the netbook skin but that is easy to change in the preferences.

I was right clicking the desktop shortcut to the game and then Properties and changing the target there. Try it on steam and it may work! Working fine. Cheers for the help!

Archived