Basque national squad

Timetxu

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get the Basque national squad in FM. I've been trying this for ages, but it seems impossible to add a new country to the game, even when you look that Basque Country is already in the game, and can be selected as an EEC country and fully accepted FIFA member. Because it's possible now to completely add new data for the first time, I was wondering if someone could give me some tips about how to create the squad and put it in the game.

Thanks Ozzy, that thread really helped.

I managed to put the already in-game "Pays Basque" into the European Qualifying Zone, replacing Kazakhstan back to Asia and removing some obscure Asian country like East Timor. I already got a complete Basque national pool, so it's actually dead easy. Unfortunately the big talents are already claimed by Spain (Xabi Alonso, Fernando Llorente, Iker Muniain), but it makes the rivalry between Spain and Euskadi even fiercer, hehe.

Here you got a Basque Country update:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S8TCWKUF

Just put it in C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data

The only "bug" is that, although I put the Nuevo San Mamés as the national stadium, it put "Various Stadiums" as national stadium. Maybe this is because the Nuevo San Mamés isn't yet completed. Then the question would be, will the stadium be put in later or not at all?

Basque Country replaced Kazakhstan in the game

I'll be looking now to put in the flag, so the graphics look a bit smoother, or is there anyone that can make graphics?

This is the flag:

ikurrina.gif

The ones in the Primera División are Athletic Bilbao and Osasuna

In the Segunda you have Real Sociedad and Real Unión

In the Segunda B, you have about 8/9/10 in Group 1

In the Tercera, all the teams in Group 4 and 15 are Basque

In the French amateur divisions, there are also about 4/5 teams, so we're talking of around 55 Basque teams which are in the Database.

It will be a challenge, as all the developed Basque guys has been capped for Spain. So you'll have to build on the talent of the region

Yeah, unfortunately, the biggest talent of all, Iker Muniain (16), is also already capped by Spain. It seems that FM doesn't have the possibility for youth players to change their national squad before they have been selected for the Head Squad.

The biggest challenge of all isn't just the working with talents, but finding them earlier than Spain does :p

You know in real life if Basque became actual nation players have option of switching who they play for, I believe tis is the only time. So it would be fine to change in editor that Llorente plays for Basques instead of Spain.

In my Basque file I have 74 clubs but this included Navarre and 5 french basque teams.

I have just been playing some matches and I'm starting to get annoyed my opponents beat me at positions where I should have had players like Xabi Alonso, Javi Martínez, Mikel Arteta or Fernando Llorente, so I'm planning to update my download file and change that all Basque players who have ever played for Spain will be only eligible for Basque Country.

Only then I can kick some ass!

Well, I have been fiddling around a bit with the editor today;

At the moment there are 34 Basque players in the world who play for a different country than Basque Country. I managed to change their primary nationality to Basque and deleted their Spain squad results. This should make it possible to only call them up for Basque Country, but when I start a new game, the game crashes. Anyone has an idea?

Does this mess up the Athletic Bilbao side though? On 2009 Athletic could only sign players with Pays Basque set as a second nationality, now if you edited the Pays Basque nation already on the game and changed the eligible players first nation to Pays Basque, Bilbao would not be able to select anyone. So the best way of doing this was to Create the Basque nation over say CIS which would allow the Basque players to play for their new nation whilst keeping Pays Basque second nationality and being eligible for Athletic.

Does this mess up the Athletic Bilbao side though? On 2009 Athletic could only sign players with Pays Basque set as a second nationality, now if you edited the Pays Basque nation already on the game and changed the eligible players first nation to Pays Basque, Bilbao would not be able to select anyone. So the best way of doing this was to Create the Basque nation over say CIS which would allow the Basque players to play for their new nation whilst keeping Pays Basque second nationality and being eligible for Athletic.

Wouldn't it be possible to give the Basque players both the Basque nationality AND Basque as second nationality? I know it sounds weird, but it could solve it. Or I have to set them back to Spanish (1st) and Basque (2nd), and delete their caps, so I have to call up all the players extremely fast just after I started a new game...

Will be trying the first for now and let you know ;)

Nope, that didn't work either... I changed the Basques' first nationality to Basque and let the second on Basque too. Again the game crashed, leaving some useless crash dump behind. I honestly don't know why the game couldn't be started, simply after changing a first nationality??

This looks very cool. I'll have to try this. But one question though. Did you use the original editor to create this? In the original I'm unable to change the continent of any nation so I'm just wondering how did you actually manage to add Basque to Europe and move Kazakhstan to Asia? I also don't see a duplicate button.

Not entirely on the topic, but I'm playing a game with Athletic Bilbao and it's a great challenge. However, it'd be great to be able to make smaller Basque clubs to adopt the same policy as Athletic do (signing only Basque players), so I can enjoy the feeling of getting a Basque team from the Segunda B and reach Champions League with them.

So, my question is, is there any way to make the Athletic rules valid for any other team? How can I do it in the editor?

Thanks.

And keep up with the national team Timetxu, it looks like it's going to be fun. :)

This looks very cool. I'll have to try this. But one question though. Did you use the original editor to create this? In the original I'm unable to change the continent of any nation so I'm just wondering how did you actually manage to add Basque to Europe and move Kazakhstan to Asia? I also don't see a duplicate button.
Just go to...

C:\FM2010\tools\editor\data\format\database then 'nation'

Scroll down to <!-- Continent -->

And edit the line

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="true"/>

to

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="false"/>

About the Athletic transfer system. I haven't looked at how it says in the editor Athletic can only buy Basque players, but I'm sure it must appear pretty clearly somewhere in the Information screen in the editor.

So, my question is, is there any way to make the Athletic rules valid for any other team? How can I do it in the editor?

In older versions of FM, every basque club expect San Sebastian had the "Athletic rules", but I do not know about in FM10.

Yes, he born in pamplona because the nearest hospital with his town (rincon del soto, la rioja) is in pamplona. They play with the basque country because he play in athletic club de bilbao, and all players of this team "adquired" the basque nationality automatically, but not all team players are basques. In the team there are players who have nothing relation with the philosophy of the club (enric saborit and david lopez for example). They haven´t got any relations with the basque country (david lopez only played some seasons in osasuna).

Excuse me my english level

Archived