Continent Setting Workaround for Editor 10.0.0

Shaun of Leeds

Now works for all versions thanks to adma, unleash your imagination :)

Well here is a file that changes a setting within the editors files, just replace the relevant file with the one included, thanks go to Adma for working out the method for the latest patch.

Download Here (Filefront)

Download (zSHARE)

just place in:

football manager 2010/tools/editor/data/format/database and replace the current file.

or

Just go to...

C:\FM2010\tools\editor\data\format\database then 'nation'

Scroll down to <!-- Continent -->

And edit the line

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="true"/>

to

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="false"/>

patch 10.1 version discovered by adma

If anybody from SI or likewise wishes for me to remove it i will do so.

Thanks, Shaun.

sflp.jpg

sflpdas.jpg

You can edit the continent of any of the nations within the database, so you may remove existing ones or move them to another continent or revive dead nations and make them work in the game, because if you give a dead nation a continent you can start adding leagues for it and all of that, thanks.

So basically assigning a continent is possible in the editor now that SI supplies.

Again i would like to re-iterate the work around is purely unnofficial and nothing to do with SI.

Well here is the workaround to be able to edit a country's continent setting in the editor, it will replace one of the editors files in order to make this possible.

http://www.filefront.com/14849917/Workaround.zip/

Works only for 10.0.0

If anybody from SI or likewise wishes for me to remove it i will do so.

Thanks, Shaun.

Shaun,

What is it that that workaround did that doesnt work after you patch the game? I mean does this workaround ungray the box and after the patch the workaround doesnt ungray the box? Is it as simple as that?

Yup, it was a removing of a piece of code from one of the editors files in its contained folders, but it seems that chagning these files has lost its effect as of the first patch, but yeah the original version does allow you to edit these files thus i managed to be able to get the drop down box thingamajig to work.

Ok, this is easy to edit for 10.1 patch (I've just managed it)

Just go to...

C:\FM2010\tools\editor\data\format\database then 'nation'

Scroll down to <!-- Continent -->

And edit the line

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="true"/>

to

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="false"/>

bingo, and you can add a country again ;)

And it worked if so then well done hehe, perhaps i should do that and add the workaround again? so people can quickly do it themselves?

EDIT

Just checked, works flawlessly, well done and thanks matey :)

No worries, thank you for the original workaround file! I wouldnt of known where to go otherwise.

Looks like all that Uni programming really came in handy after all..

Just got the leagues/cups/teams/stadiums/cities/logo's/kits and badge's to add then i can actually try it!

Shame we cannot rename the title for the new file that does the little trick you mentioned, and yeah, the structure looks pretty straightforward we may be able to uncover a few more gems :)

so far i have created a nation called Englandia out of Great Britain, it currently has 4 divisions and a few cups and strong reputations and some players i created quickly with high ratings and no position that get all the other data assigned to them when starting a new game, the national team came to the semi-final of the world cup at my last test, so you won't have the cronic losing to everyone if you decide not to watch the games.

I've just had a quick look at those files and I don't see anything likely; but what about editing the population of countries, or renaming regions? I've changed pre-1922 Ireland to Northumbria but the population is 0, which is kind-of annoying.

It's probably best to ignore the population to be honest it does not really cause any difference, my fantasy nation that is meant to be huge has 0 population yet it is the best nation in the world on the game, heh, it seems as of yet and maybe not at all, that you cannot make new local regions though which sucks, but it does not really matter.

I've just had a quick look at those files and I don't see anything likely; but what about editing the population of countries, or renaming regions? I've changed pre-1922 Ireland to Northumbria but the population is 0, which is kind-of annoying.

You need to do a major edit/addition...

I've been at it 3hrs now and have only completed the creation of my country (replaced CIS with The People's Republic Of Popular) and the league's... currently creating the cities.

It'll be an all nighter i can see...

If it all goes well i might upload it.

It's probably best to ignore the population to be honest it does not really cause any difference, my fantasy nation that is meant to be huge has 0 population yet it is the best nation in the world on the game, heh, it seems as of yet and maybe not at all, that you cannot make new local regions though which sucks, but it does not really matter.

Yeah, I'm just being picky now. Hah. It would just be nice to fix cosmetic things like that. Cheers for the work-around anyway, it means I can stop over-writing Liechtenstein all the time.

Genuine question now...

I've used this patch (thanks, by the way) to bring the Basque Country to life. An odd thing has happened though, as soon as I start a new game they appear in the WC Qualifying group straight away. They've replaced Montenegro, who have dropped out all together.

Any idea why this might have happened?

It depends, did you give them a high reputation, it wouldn't be all that strange if you end up giving them a high reputation but really this is unexplainable why it does this otherwise. In short, i haven't a clue why, but at least it puts your teams in the tournaments now and seems to give you a certain amount of points based on the country's reputation, for example i stuck in Monaco and gave them a very small rep (as you would imagine) and they were entered into a group and they were rock bottom as you might expect, yet if i put in another country with high reps and importance (though i dont know what affects it to be honest) they ended up at the top of the group.

Well the bottom line is... the game isnt made for new countries to be added so to compensate for that it adds this country over the last one (Montenegro being the last country who joined Uefa) but when it comes to the Euro qualifying Montenegro will re-appear in a group.

Well the bottom line is... the game isnt made for new countries to be added so to compensate for that it adds this country over the last one (Montenegro being the last country who joined Uefa) but when it comes to the Euro qualifying Montenegro will re-appear in a group.

Yes, although Andorra are now missing from the next tournament qualification.

hmmmm... i did run it on FM08 so i cant say for certain whats changed in 09 and now 10.... but like i said we're not really supposed to add nations so there is always the chance it might try to replace one rather than just add ours in.

It's also something not really in our control, though it would be better it seems, at least it does not replace an important/big nation like say spain or something, that would be a bummer but otherwise it seems to go alright, have you tried perhaps removing one of the lesser nations of europe in the editor and kind of invalidating it by removing its continent setting, i removed faroe islands before adding my nation and sure enough it took its place.

Bit of an odd question, but I don't suppose there's a way to edit it so you can put more than a maximum of 256 teams into a cup, is there?

I think you can edit that through the XML file you saved. Super Bladesman has managed to get over 600 clubs in the FA Cup, pretty sure that's how he has done it.

Just thought i might add, the amount of fun i am having with this, it turns out some of the things you were not supposed to enjoy really do increase somethings longetivity, FM 2010 will surely be played for a while yet simply because of the methods we found out for reviving nations, very interesting too when you create a dominating nation that is in the mix with england and spain for the champions league.

I've managed to create both Catalonia and Euskadi using the fix. The only thing is as other have experienced Montenegro have been dumped out of qualifying, the difference being that Portugal have taken their place in the group with Euskadi filling in for Portugal...has anyone any idea why this would happen? also Catalonia have not been scheduled in any group for the world cup qualifiers so I am now holidaying to see if the get drawn in the European championship ones.

Also one other problem I'm finding is with assigning Nation managers, I created Johan Cruyff and put him as The Catalan manager and also placed Irureta at Euskadi but neither manager is at their respected nation, yet are still on the database. Has anyone experienced anything similer?

Yeah actually, with the nation appointments, whatever problems are coming up though i really dont know how to answer, it may be the reason why they greyed out continent movement (although it is most likely for legal reasons), i guess at least the functionality is still to a respectable level, have you tried the kick a small nation out of europe in the editor thing? as i said before i kicked faroe islands out of europe and my nation ended up replacing them at all competitions.

kickingoutfaroes.png

Sure enough as you can see "Englandia" has replaced faroe islands who were in group 7, not affecting monenegro or andorra, so its possible to presume there is a number limit.

Ah OK I see what you mean, so literally just untick for example the Faroes continent box. As for the Managers the Basque side appointed Irureta anyway, so I suppose it may be a case of making sure you set high profile coaches with the created nations nationality. Catalunya appointed a made up manager, but I have yet to set any coaches as Catalan, so will test that out.

Another question: How can I make the game generate coaches with Albanian names? It generates the players with Albanian names but all coaches that are generated for my nation are English.

Edit: Got it, I had to remove the English language from the nation. :)

I tried to add all countries to look which will be preseeded by the game extinct nations have priority to adding world cup and euro champ... West Germany, East Germany, CIS, Ussr and Czechoslavakia get the spot Basque and others are not... And After montenegro it deletes next country with z-a alphabetic it means Wales , Ukraine , Turkey ....

BTW I decided to add 3 nations Basque, Monaco and Britain... Basque get qualifier spot from montenegro but monaco and britain playing friendlies currently... BTW I retained to check which players have these nationalities... Basque Have very good amount of players Even a race started between Spain and Basque coachs for who get the most basque talents... Monaco has 2 (both playing in monaco team) and Britain has 2 player (one from germany league, one from portugese lower divisions) on its own

I am finding the tough part, is assigning things such as TV money and parachute payments ,and of course prize winnings, when compared to the top nations and for the financial aspect to be balanced, we are talking mainly of a top division very similar in context to the premier league in england, except for 24 teams and 4 relegation spots, any tips?

Archived