SI shows no respect to young German talentS!!!

German young footballers are not bad at all, they are quite talented compared to peers from France and England, but why the hell I can't find most of them in database?

Like Florian Trinks and Lennart Thy, both from Werder Bremen, they should get potential -9 or something even better than -10!!! Of course that is my opinion, but why Otamendi can get -10? Cos he's discovered by Maradona??!!

Anyway, I can find young English talents, cool! But I do need the researcher in Germany to do some work, make more young German talents!!!!

Due to legal issues players under the age of 16 aren't allowed in the game. You just named two players who are 15 (or are according to FIFA.com). Also, research is done by independent volunteers, not SI directly, so if a player is underrated it isn't their fault. Finally, FM isn't a large game in Germany (ie it sells less copies than elsewhere) so there are less people to do the research.

Due to legal issues players under the age of 16 aren't allowed in the game. You just named two players who are 15 (or are according to FIFA.com). Also, research is done by independent volunteers, not SI directly, so if a player is underrated it isn't their fault. Finally, FM isn't a large game in Germany (ie it sells less copies than elsewhere) so there are less people to do the research.

Also i'll add, a lot of research is based on last season as by the time the current season comes along the game is nearly complete.

I would also expect that the German research is rather thin due to legal issues, I'm not even sure if FM is sold in Germany thanks to another company holding all the legal cards for sports games.

I would also expect that the German research is rather thin due to legal issues, I'm not even sure if FM is sold in Germany thanks to another company holding all the legal cards for sports games.

It's forbidden to be sold in Germany. So we all have to import. I ordered by zavvi, it's still in the mail. Meanwhile I bought from Gamersgate.

Ok, then, dont blame anyone. I will try to do the research myself and hopefully I will finish the Young German database ASAP

That probably wont work because from what you have posted, you want players who are under 16 to be in the database - so their absence isnt an error.

If you try and put 'young' players in it will immediately increase their age anyway (to 14/15 I think) so there is no point in putting in true 'youth team' players.

Don't know if it's just me, but in terms of regens German talent has been phenomenal for me - especially one young full-back named Lars Bierhoff on CM97/98 who is the single greatest regen I've ever had in my side!

On a serious note, I didn't know FM wasn't sold in Germany. That may explain why no regens appeared at all in FM09 if you didn't actually select the German leagues as playable!

That probably wont work because from what you have posted, you want players who are under 16 to be in the database - so their absence isnt an error.

If you try and put 'young' players in it will immediately increase their age anyway (to 14/15 I think) so there is no point in putting in true 'youth team' players.

Don't think that's true - the inputting of "real" players is not allowed, but as the guy who wants to make the database will be adding "newgens", it should be allowed.

There's certainly 15 year olds newgens/regens in the game.

Don't think that's true - the inputting of "real" players is not allowed, but as the guy who wants to make the database will be adding "newgens", it should be allowed.

There's certainly 15 year olds newgens/regens in the game.

You what?? :s

He can add who ever he wants to the database - he can add mickey mouse if it keeps him happy.

What I was trying to point out was that SI made it policy to not include players under 16 unless they had already made serious first team appearances.

I also pointed out that IF he wanted to add YOUNG youth players (sub 15) the game wont recoginse that and will make them 14/15.

Archived