FM10: Vfl Wolsburg Thread - Die Wölfe

jonahno6

First time ever managing in the Bundesliga, hopefully it will be a fun experience for me. After a quick scan of my squad I am relatively happy but of course there are some areas which could be improved in depth, namely RB and STR. Since there is no need for immediate first teamers I am looking to bring in young players who will be looking to fill the void of adequate back up in say two years time.

Can anyone suggest to me any players following these strict rules:

Must be 18 or under

Must be German or have spent their entire (albeit burgeoning) career at a German club

With my budget of £6m I will be looking to invest that in many players for the future whom I can place in either the under 19s or under 23s. These must also follow the above rules. Any players that I find who could fit the bill I will share with you guys, Die Wolfe!

Would you pay £1.2m for Basala-Mazana? Cancelled this deal for now, I'm sure theres better out there for that money

Tsouomo looks like a decent enough player, although I am put off by his £3.1m price tag which Frankfurt seem to want.

Still looking at the others but thanks a lot Suggy.

Brought in a couple of nice little players for peanuts, obviously they are not first team material but like I say, I believe that the first team squad is very strong:

MC Ekici £170k Bayern

MR Kaiser £750k 1860 Munchen

DC Mustafi £275k Everton

ST Ginczek £250k Dortmund

• 3 weeks later...

How are Wolfsburg done financially? Is there any significant external income which reflects the funds coming from Volkswagen? Or are they just a club with a good starting balance but on their own for the rest?

I just got offered their position in March 2014 but got time until the end of the season to decide.

So I really appreciate the info to make up my mind :)

• 1 month later...

Has anybody been able to expand the Wolfsburg stadium or at least move onto another one. Im currently in my second season with them and have a healthy bank balance after winning the league and reaching the Champions League final in my first season. Only spent 20M on transfers to date too. Board say its impossible to expand due to planning permission problems. I would love to build this club into a world power but need a large stadium to achieve this in my view.

SEASON 09/10:

10.3 patch, Tugs Training being used and Mr. Hough's Tactics from tactics and training tips forum.

Started unemployed and took over Wolfsburg who were struggling in 12th position and thus sacked there original manager. With the aggressive tactics i managed too shoot up the league table only losing 3 games in the process most others being high scoring entertaining matches. Bayern blew it in my view, with only achieving 1 point in there last 3 games to hand me the title by 2 pts.

I was already out of the German Cup by the time i took over, but my champions league run was remarkable. Beat AC Milan, Inter Milan, Lyon and CSKA Moscow in reverse order to reach the final were Chelsea totally outplayed me but only sneaked a 1-0 victory.

Edin Dzeko was a hero with 32 goals for the season. I made no signings.

Nobody seems to post here now :( get going! :)

I'm in a network game with my mate (he's Bayern) i'm Wolfsburg :thup: here's my story so far.

Started off alright, was 4th up until the 10 game mark really. Then i picked up, went on a 15 game unbeaten streak, getting me up to top. As it stands, my mate and i are neck and neck; both P23 W16 D5 L2 but he's top on GD, that won't last though hehe.

He went out of German cup in round 2 and me in round 3, i didn't pay attention to that anyway.

Champions League: Arsenal, Athletico, CSKA, Wolfsburg. I couldn't believe it, defo group of death. Why are Wolfsburg seed 4 and Bayern 1 btw? Other group; Bayern, Kobenhavn, Celtic, Dinamo. So unfair. But i eventually finished 2nd by 1 point and he topped it by 1 point, i think i did better considering oppo. I got Sevilla, he got Standard.

First leg at home; thought i'd be walked all over but after kicking lumps out of their stars (all 4 attackers had below 75% before 60 mins!) i got a scrappy goal from a corner on 83 mins, and i won 1-0 :).

That's my season so far, what you's think?

Nobody seems to post here now :( get going! :)

I'm in a network game with my mate (he's Bayern) i'm Wolfsburg :thup: here's my story so far.

Started off alright, was 4th up until the 10 game mark really. Then i picked up, went on a 15 game unbeaten streak, getting me up to top. As it stands, my mate and i are neck and neck; both P23 W16 D5 L2 but he's top on GD, that won't last though hehe.

He went out of German cup in round 2 and me in round 3, i didn't pay attention to that anyway.

Champions League: Arsenal, Athletico, CSKA, Wolfsburg. I couldn't believe it, defo group of death. Why are Wolfsburg seed 4 and Bayern 1 btw? Other group; Bayern, Kobenhavn, Celtic, Dinamo. So unfair. But i eventually finished 2nd by 1 point and he topped it by 1 point, i think i did better considering oppo. I got Sevilla, he got Standard.

First leg at home; thought i'd be walked all over but after kicking lumps out of their stars (all 4 attackers had below 75% before 60 mins!) i got a scrappy goal from a corner on 83 mins, and i won 1-0 :).

That's my season so far, what you's think?

Very interesting so far, your doing really well. How is Dzeko performing for you? What signings did you make?.....

SEASON 10/11:

Ins: Veloso (£17M), van der Vaart (6.5M), Paulo Henrique (Free), Poulsen (Loan), Burdisso (Free), Abel (1M)-regen

Out: Misimovic, Munteanu, Kreuels, Madlung, Gentner, Riether (Total £11.75M).

At half-way stage i am joint 1st position with Bayern, still in the German Cup and through from the group stages of the champions league (Porto, Barcelona, Saturn) in 2nd position with only loss being 2-1 away against Barca.

So, thus far season looks promising although Newcastle in 20th in the Premier League is tempting me for a challenge.

Very interesting so far, your doing really well. How is Dzeko performing for you? What signings did you make?.....

Signings; Mahmadou Diarra £5m, Massimo Gobbi (as part of a swap - from Fiorentina), Jordan Spence £2.5m, Andres Goriltz £750k, Alessandro Rosina £9m

Out; Ziani £6m, Dejagah £6m, Schafer £1.5m plus Gobbi, Simunek £4.2m, Santana £3.7m

Mate can't play today so update late tomorrow :thup:

P.S. good looking signings mate ^.

End of season report: my mate (Bayern) scraped the league by two points :( i was gutted but trying to look to season 2.

Real Madrid KO'd me in the Quarters, 0-0 away then 1-1 at home, away goals so destraught but proud.

Anyway, been given £13m to spend. Thomas Hitzelsperger, Nicolas Burdisso, Paul Scharner and Levan Mchedlidze are coming in July 1. Gentner's off to Stuttgart though :(

Any suggestions on who to buy? I need to surprise my mate and come back strong :D

EDIT: almost at the first day, and i've got BAYERN first! anyway..

Ins - (the frees above), Phillippe Senderos £2.9m, Carlos Kameni £5.25m, Miguel Torres £9m, Royston Drenthe loan fee £625k, Federico Macheda loan fee £2m; TOTAL £18.5m

Outs - Mahil Saglik £3m, Caiuby £2.8m, Vlad Munteanu £2.7m, Andrea Barzagli £6.5m, Alexander Madlung £3.3m; TOTAL £19.25m

The profits at Wolfsburg have gone skyhigh! £45m profit for the year and a massive £106m turnover!! Still got £12m but dunno if i should buy anymore?

Things are on the up, want a good run in europe and to edge Bayern Munich! Good night for now though :)

• 3 months later...

Not much love for Die Wolfe huh?

I started a network game with my friend as them, and I think it's fair to say that I've pretty much destroyed the team in a bid for short term success. Don't usually play my games like this, but as it's a network game I'm treating it a little different. I've just reached the end of the winter break, January 11th 2010.

Firstly, my transfers.

And my tactics look like this:

vflwolfsburg4.png

Typical Instructions:

Philosophy: Rigid

Strategy: Standard

Passing Style: Shorter

Creative Freedom: More Disciplined

Closing Down: Press More

Counter Attack: Yes

Player Roles:

GK (Benaglio) - Sweeper keeper/support.

DR/L (All) - Full back/support.

DC (All) - Centre back/defend.

DM (Sandro, Muntari, Hernanes, Riether) Defensive midfielder/defend.

DM (Josue, Annan) Anchor man.

MC (Muntari, Annan, Josue, Sandro, Hernanes, Riether) Ball winning mid/defend/support.

MC (Jadson, Misimovic, Hernanes) Advanced playmaker/support.

MC (Di Maria, Kahlenburg, Gentner, Hernanes) Central midfielder/support/attack.

AMR/L (All) Inside forward/attack.

ST (Dzeko, Borriello) Target man/attack. Varies on opposition though.

I change a few individual instructions here and there but that's the basic outline.

So how has it been doing?

Well so far pretty well, after an initial blip at the start of the season I've reeled in my friend (Werder) and claimed top spot at the halfway point. Hopefully with the five new signings I've made in January my squad will gel quickly and I won't lose any momentum. Also did well in the Champions League, qualifying 2nd behind Barcelona in my group - I play Arsenal in the last 16.

Bundesliga.

Champions League.

• 1 month later...

So here's the deal.

After 5 very successfull seasons with AC Milan, I took over at Wolfsburg to try something different. I'm at the start of season 2014-2015, and I have a transfer kitty of about £375,000 left, with my ass manager saying that pretty much every area of the team need strenghtening. So far I've signed: Van Der Vaart £2,5mil (who came with me from Milan), Arshavin from Arsenal for £1,3 mil (33 years old, but still okay stats), Fuchs from Marseille for £1,3 (needed a left back). So where can i possibly strengthen my squad with the money I have left?

Archived