Have you taken your game back yet?

All these Macs with year old spec and experiencing problems, tells me something, I am glad I don't own a Mac.

If that's the extent of your brain's capacity for logic, I'm frankly worried that you own a computer at all. You're dangerously stupid.

My Windows Desktop is 3 years old and after one or two tweaks (RAM upgrades) still exceeds the reccomended requirements for the game and many others. If your mac is out of date after a year and cannot run the game efficiently (given the cost of a new Mac) then I would question why I bought one in the first place.

NONE OF THESE MACS ARE OUT OF DATE. THEY ARE ALL WITHIN THE STATED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GAME. Did you even READ the thread?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Considering the problems with the new imacs, buying a new one wouldn't be a good idea at this moment either :D

But seriously, this game should run on year old macs. Sure they have a poor graphics chip, but it's still listed as supported.

Mine works just fine. Has only crashed once during a Sunderland Arsenal match, score was Sunderland 6 - 4 Arsenal, but I was only attending the game. Restarted, no issues since.

If that's the extent of your brain's capacity for logic, I'm frankly worried that you own a computer at all. You're dangerously stupid.

I'm glad I don't own a Mac as they are extremely overpriced for the components they are built with.

NONE OF THESE MACS ARE OUT OF DATE. THEY ARE ALL WITHIN THE STATED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GAME. Did you even READ the thread?

The majority of people complaining are Mac owners, all very new comps, within system requirements, so why can the game run on a same spec pc and not the Mac, or are PC owners just too nice to come on here and complain so are just silently putting up with their unusable game?

PS will Mac be utilising new Intel i5 or i7 technology?

The majority of people complaining are Mac owners, all very new comps, within system requirements, so why can the game run on a same spec pc and not the Mac, or are PC owners just too nice to come on here and complain so are just silently putting up with their unusable game?

I feel lucky, my Macbook has been running pretty smoothly.

One point is I haven't installed the latest patch, that could account for something?

One point is I haven't installed the latest patch, that could account for something?

This might be the case to many people with the shotgun reaction of jumping into a patch that supposedly fixes things but actually makes it worse, when essentially ther is nothing much wrong with the off the shelf version.

/It would probably be a wise idea to wait for the 2nd or 3rd patch, and then complain if it doesn't match your expectations, although in a roundabout way there wouldn't be a 2nd or 3rd patch if no-one downloaded the 1st to complain about. :D :confused:

This might be the case to many people with the shotgun reaction of jumping into a patch that supposedly fixes things but actually makes it worse, when essentially ther is nothing much wrong with the off the shelf version.

/It would probably be a wise idea to wait for the 2nd or 3rd patch, and then complain if it doesn't match your expectations, although in a roundabout way there wouldn't be a 2nd or 3rd patch if no-one downloaded the 1st to complain about. :D :confused:

I see the conundrum. I'd rather not complain though. :p

Considering the problems with the new imacs, buying a new one wouldn't be a good idea at this moment either :D

Don't get me started on that. My friend works at Hanover St., Apple's UK office. I've heard about nothing else for ages! :)

But seriously, this game should run on year old macs. Sure they have a poor graphics chip, but it's still listed as supported.

Exactly. If your system is within the stated system requirements then you can reasonably expect all features to work unless SI include a caveat. The problem is 10.1 IMO.

Mine works just fine. Has only crashed once during a Sunderland Arsenal match, score was Sunderland 6 - 4 Arsenal, but I was only attending the game. Restarted, no issues since.

Lucky boy!

The majority of people complaining are Mac owners,

That's not true, there are far more threads for PC-specific problems like the crash dumps.

all very new comps,

What? Mine is an eighteen month old MacBook Pro. IIRC the graphics card is a GeForce 8600 or something. The previous Mac poster was using an iMac which is of similar age. Are you just saying things without reading again?

within system requirements,

This is true.

so why can the game run on a same spec pc and not the Mac,

This is the point I was making. The game ought to be able to run on the hardware. It's not a deficiency of Apple's hardware, it's a glitch in the software. It has nothing to do with Apple and everything to do with SI.

You were drawing specific conclusions about all Apple hardware from a [relatively] small number of users experiencing problems with a piece of software which has a demonstrable history of bugs and glitches. That isn't a very sensible thing to do.

or are PC owners just too nice to come on here and complain so are just silently putting up with their unusable game?

Suggest you read the forum more broadly. Plenty of threads about this. As you point out:

1. The Macs are all within the system requirements.

2. They do not run the game properly.

Therefore the problem is NOT the hardware. The problem is the game itself.

Apple has already put i5 and i7 in their new range of iMacs. They are also believed to be prepping a Core i9 Mac Pro system (24 logical cores) for shipping in early 2009. But, hey, Macs are hopelessly out of date, right?

I would suggest not installing that patch Gandy. After 10.1 I can no longer view matches in 3D and have found the game to be a little more processor intensive (might be an issue if you're not on a Pro machine.) The worst part is that you can't roll back. SI claim it's save-game compatible, but what this means is that you install 10.1 and your game save will no longer be compatible with 10.0, even if you do a clean reinstall.

What the hell? You're suggesting that SI are fixing problems which don't exist? Or that we're stupid for installing a patch which SI claim fixes problems? The latter is possibly true, given SI's history.

It would probably be a wise idea to wait for the 2nd or 3rd patch, and then complain if it doesn't match your expectations, although in a roundabout way there wouldn't be a 2nd or 3rd patch if no-one downloaded the 1st to complain about.

You baffle me :)

I'm guessing I can get a refund under the sale of goods act - not fit for purpose.

Anyone tried this?

You obviously have no idea about the Sale of Goods Act.

Why would anyone want to take this game back, it's fine for probably 9 out of 10 people. And the reason why they aren't posting is because they are most likely enjoying the game.

Archived