Inability to sell players

Where did I call it a bug?

Just expressing that I think it's an aspect of the game that needs tweaking slightly.

Colocinni and Jonas are limited, but were two of Toon's better players last year, along with Bassong and Beye.

If I offered Colocinni & Jonas to Man City, Villa, Tottenham etc. for nowt, they'd be gone in a shot in real life. I wouldn't be at all surprised for those two and Enrique to leave in January.

You should be able to sell them in the game. I'm having no joy at all, even at £0.

In real life if you offered Colocinni and Jonas to City they would turn their nose up at the bad smell. Neither are better than what they already have and neither fit Hughes profile of wanted players i.e. loads of premier experience

Not sure if its been said above but a good way to get rid of fringe players and high earners is transfer list them and set to £0, once people get interested *offer him to other clubs* for a fair amount Ie his current value over 12 months period and nothing to pay now. You get the money straight onto your transfer balance and helps the club stay afloat with a nice amount of income over that period

I managed to sell Alan Smith and Geremi in my first transfer window. I agree with people saying it is a problem. If Coliccini was offered for free there WOULD be interest, but it might fail at the contract stage. To get no interest at all is rubbish. The only option is to run the contracts down and release in a lot of cases.

SI, please sort this as it is obviously a concern to many users.

I'm Bayern Munich and have transfer listed like 20 players, some quite decent (also some reserves) and I can't sell one player... the one time I did agree a fee with a club, the player couldn't agree a contract.

Shipping out players on loan doesn't seem a problem, it's just selling players... it's mission impossible.

This breaks down into three bits:

1) Newcastle managers complaining they cant off load very expensive high wage earners. All I can say to this is look at real life - all those players who are left are better than championship standard, but they didnt go in RL and for the same reasons as in the game - they earn far too much to make them interresting to other clubs.

2) Players who are good(ish) and arent on huge salaries not being of interrest to anyone even if offered for nothing.

3) Players on good money who if offered to other clubs refuse because they wont be paid enough, and we dont get the option to pay them the extra (and if, in my experiance you release them or mutually end their contract, they then go on to sign TINY contracts far less than they would have been offered in the first place!)

I had two of my players reject contracts from french teams - I never got the option to pay part of their wages to get rid of them (which I would have gratefuly done!)

It doesn't happen everytime and you don't get to choose the player will come and ask you after he has been offered a contract. I don't know what makes it happen but it's definently in the game.

This breaks down into three bits:

1) Newcastle managers complaining they cant off load very expensive high wage earners. All I can say to this is look at real life - all those players who are left are better than championship standard, but they didnt go in RL and for the same reasons as in the game - they earn far too much to make them interresting to other clubs.

I'm sorry but how do you know they tried to sell them off IRL? I'd like to see the proof of this as I never read anything about them trying to get rid of them. When Juventus were relegated to Serie B a few years ago they kept a number of their better players to give them a better chance of getting promoted straight away. Could this not be the case here?

It doesn't happen everytime and you don't get to choose the player will come and ask you after he has been offered a contract. I don't know what makes it happen but it's definently in the game.

Well its bugged then - I tried to sell diaby 4 times - got a price agreed 3 times and all 3 times he rejected the contract because of the wage and I didnt get the option to 'top it up'

I'm sorry but how do you know they tried to sell them off IRL? I'd like to see the proof of this as I never read anything about them trying to get rid of them. When Juventus were relegated to Serie B a few years ago they kept a number of their better players to give them a better chance of getting promoted straight away. Could this not be the case here?

I never said they 'tried' to sell them. They didnt 'try' and sell any of their players - but lots of players left. The ones that are left are the ones who have 'problems' - either massive salarys (collocini), atitude problems (barton) or are genuiniely quite loyal (taylor, jonas).

Juventus being relegated was a totally different situation - firstly, most of the players publically stated that they thought it was unfair and were going to stay because they KNEW they were going to get promoted, newcastles players dont know they are going to be promoted, its going to be a long hard season. Secondly, juventus werent in the monetary strife that newcastle are in, they were losing something like 2million a week on the wage bill before some of the players left.

It's not so clear cut, you have to realise that some players will not take the drop in wages/drop in league/standard, so when they're offered out teams realise they are below the players standing and won't make an offer. Look at Colocinni, he's a player on MASSIVE wages, even for a bargain price you're unlikely to get teams wanting those wages on their books.

Teams won't think 'he's a bargain at that price, I don't need him for my team but at that value I can sell him on' - they'll think, 'do we need a player in that position and is he better than what we've got?' Often for lower Premier League players (such as at Hull) often the case is 'no.'

Basically!

I tried to offer most of the Manchester United reserves out to clubs.

No offers at 100% (expected), no offers at 75% (getting fishy), one or two offers at 50% (they were quite cheap to begin with, so we are talking under 1M) and I gave up after selling only 3/15 at 25%.

Reserve players at Man Utd ain't actually that bad and I would think there would be more interest in players like Gibson and Brandy at 75% off (ie. less than 1M).

FYI, I had EPL and Coca Cola Championship running.

I haven't seen this option yet in FM10...is it definitely still there?

It definently is still in as I was signing Jankulovski of Milan in one of my saves and Milan were going to be paying him £9k a week as I could only afford £32k of his £60k per week contract.

I do think that it only works if the club that is buying is of a lower reputation than the player or the selling club.

I never said they 'tried' to sell them. They didnt 'try' and sell any of their players - but lots of players left. The ones that are left are the ones who have 'problems' - either massive salarys (collocini), atitude problems (barton) or are genuiniely quite loyal (taylor, jonas).

Juventus being relegated was a totally different situation - firstly, most of the players publically stated that they thought it was unfair and were going to stay because they KNEW they were going to get promoted, newcastles players dont know they are going to be promoted, its going to be a long hard season. Secondly, juventus werent in the monetary strife that newcastle are in, they were losing something like 2million a week on the wage bill before some of the players left.

You said they tried to get rid of them did you not?Is that not trying to sell them?

What makes you think that the Newcastle management or Mike Ashley didn't think to themselves that if they kept most of the squad they would have a very strong chance to gain promotion at the first attempt?

Italian football is in the biggest mess it's been for many a year, attendances are way down on 15 years ago when the Italian game was at the top and the bottom line is there isn't enough money coming into the clubs.

Juventus are in the process of building a new stadium but the fact is that it is going to hold a capacity of about 42,000 which is somewhat smaller than their previous stadium the Stadio Delle Alpi which held 69,000. Last year Juventus had the lowest average attendance in the whole of Serie A at just 22,251. This must hit a club of Juve's size very hard as this is where most of a clubs money comes from.

You said they tried to get rid of them did you not?Is that not trying to sell them?.

Erm - no - I never mentioned tried, try, trying or any other word meaning 'attempt' - this is what I said - please actually READ my posts before critising me:

What makes you think that the Newcastle management or Mike Ashley didn't think to themselves that if they kept most of the squad they would have a very strong chance to gain promotion at the first attempt?.

Because, if you had read a single bit of news relating to newcastle, you would know that mike ashley until 2 weeks ago wanted nothing to do with newcastle, wanted to sell it and wanted to be rid of it - he frankly didnt give a crap. IF he had wanted to do what you suggested, there is no way on gods earth he would have allowed damion duff to leave. Or, for that matter, shay given the year before.

Italian football is in the biggest mess it's been for many a year, attendances are way down on 15 years ago when the Italian game was at the top and the bottom line is there isn't enough money coming into the clubs.

Juventus are in the process of building a new stadium but the fact is that it is going to hold a capacity of about 42,000 which is somewhat smaller than their previous stadium the Stadio Delle Alpi which held 69,000. Last year Juventus had the lowest average attendance in the whole of Serie A at just 22,251. This must hit a club of Juve's size very hard as this is where most of a clubs money comes from.

Im sorry - what relevence has the current state of Italian football in the 09/10 season got to do with juventus being relegated in 2006??? back then they WERENT in financial trouble (Which you seem to be implying they are now)

Archived