How do you sent the Boundries of a Division?

mavericktangoII

Go to the specific league you want to set a boundary for. You can select then up to four 'cities' that will act as the boundaries (north, south, east and/or west).

Make sure you choose cities that have longitudes and latitudes set, or that you enter these values if they are missing! You can also add new cities if necessary.

Didn't do anything with boundaries when I created leagues down to level 8, were the boundaries already in the editor for the northern/isthmian/southern leagues or am I going to get teams randomly put in any division, because if that's the case I may have to start my save again to edit in the boundaries.

hi, downloaded your (Super Bladesman) files and looked to it. Have done the same thing ass you, but still dont work in my game.

One thought than, what happens if some teams dosnt have stadium, then they havent cities, and then the team has none longitudes and latitudes set?

I wonder if step 3 boundaries are hard coded into the game (as it appears step 2 is)?

Would be great if we could get some confirmation from SI, as adding step 3 will be the most common edit made with the new competitions editor.

Regards,

C.

Just enquired for you and no they're not, so you will need to add them yourself.

Cheers.

Another thing I'm interested in with the boundaries is how clearly you can define them without running into problems. In other words, do you need to set a large amount of overlap?

For instance, if I defined the boundary between the Southern and Isthmian leagues as, say, Watford for both leagues (east and west setting respectively) would there be any issues in terms of organising the clubs into leagues? Would I perhaps need to use an overlap between the two leagues? Or will the game basically use the boundaries as a guide and 'try its best' within the set boundaries.

Hope that makes sense. Grateful for any clarification.

Regards,

C.

Thanks very much for the quick response Stu.

Do boundaries need to be set for Step 2 (Conf N/S) as well then (as they are not set in the editor)?

Many thanks,

C.

I'm pretty sure they should work anyway, but it can't hurt adding them in anyway.

Another thing I'm interested in with the boundaries is how clearly you can define them without running into problems. In other words, do you need to set a large amount of overlap?

For instance, if I defined the boundary between the Southern and Isthmian leagues as, say, Watford for both leagues (east and west setting respectively) would there be any issues in terms of organising the clubs into leagues? Would I perhaps need to use an overlap between the two leagues? Or will the game basically use the boundaries as a guide and 'try its best' within the set boundaries.

Regards,

C.

I think it uses the 'best fit', but maybe adding the Ryman boundry as Reading for example wouldn't hurt.

Cheers.

Regards,

C.

Not sure anyone really knows at the moment, I think the game will try it's best with the boundaries you set. I'd imagine they are guidelines rather than rules. Would be interesting to find out what happens if boundaries are too small, or several boundaries are very close together.

Stu, many thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions. Really very much appreciated. :)

Perhaps one of the Editors Hideaway mods could add these questions and answers about boundaries to the FAQs. As most people will probably be adding step 3, I think it would be worth making some suggestions as well in order to ensure people can create realistic representations of the leagues at this level. Otherwise, it will only cause heartbreak when someone complains that they've played for three or four seasons and suddenly found that Boreham Wood have been moved to the Northern Premier. :D

Regards,

C.

Actually if I were you I'd add them all in, just to be on the safe side. A little bit of time might stop a lot of pain later, as I did have a previous case where I ended up with a load of North East clubs in the Isthmian league due to not filling out the boundries.

Cheers.

Ok cheers, its already proving to be pretty difficult though, overlapping teams in the current divs don't help and not too sure what I'm going to do with the Southern Premier's South boundaries either.

Ryman North and south are proving to be particularly difficult as well, there's just so many teams in and around Greater London.

Ok cheers, its already proving to be pretty difficult though, overlapping teams in the current divs don't help and not too sure what I'm going to do with the Southern Premier's South boundaries either.

Try looking at the links I posted above. Also you could try downloading SuperBladesman's working and checking his boundary settings.

C.

now when i have boundries on all the 8 subdivisions it works. (or at least almost) Some strange teams in wrong divisions when its not enogh teams, but thats ok.

Not that strange though are they? Not like Bishop Auckland (Durham) in the ryman league.

Nik, I just tried to write it out and explain it but I'm afraid that my explanation isn't very lucid. :D It has come out as gobbledegook!

I'll ask Jammy (Arsenal_2111) if he will add it to his guide, as his explanation might be clearer than mine. He is very good at writing guides and FAQs etc. so he might be able to help.

Good luck getting on with your work. ;)

C.

Not that strange though are they? Not like Bishop Auckland (Durham) in the ryman league.

im from norway, dont know much about the english league belov 7.tier.

Using this to make the lover divisions in norway. :D

Nik, I just tried to write it out and explain it but I'm afraid that my explanation isn't very lucid. :D It has come out as gobbledegook!

I'll ask Jammy (Arsenal_2111) if he will add it to his guide, as his explanation might be clearer than mine. He is very good at writing guides and FAQs etc. so he might be able to help.

Good luck getting on with your work. ;)

C.

haha, same here right now I fear - that's why I asked you :D

Damn, simulated a season after implementing realistic borders and the game seems to have f***** up on the teams coming up from level 9. Penrith, 2 Billingham clubs and Newcastle Benfield have all been placed in the Ryman south, when last I looked they're all about 300 miles north of the north mid London border I put in.

I know it's not exactly a gamebreaker but I'd obviously like the game to be as realistic as possible, anyone got any ideas what I should do?

Edit: And every team from level 9 which is non-active is from Northern D1, all the teams that were relegated to step 9 have been put in that in that league as well, so now there are 9 teams from Durham in the ryman south, its bizarre.

Archived