Offy's FMS Premier League (Sign-up)

Offspring8

HIDDINK: ADEBAYOR IS A SPOILT KID

Guus Hiddink today addressed points alleged by former Warrior Emmanuel Adebayor and his current boss at Stocksbridge, Jose Mourinho. Adebayor had alleged that he was forced out of Vastrapur Warriors by Robin van Persie and Hiddink because of jealousy and professional rivalry. Hiddnk said, 'Adebayor is a spolit kid. He wanted preferential treatment at the club. This sort of behaviour is just not acceptable at Vastrapur. Every player is equal. That is the warrior spirit: strength in unity. Emmanuel failed to imbibe that spirit. I explained it to him, but he failed to pick it up. That is why he was transferred. He's not a loss to us. We have enough talent to replace him.'

On being questioned about Mourinho and the Steels, Adebayor's new home; Hiddink said 'I have the utmost respect for Jose. He has a great understanding of the game, and his brain keeps ticking over with new ideas every second. Steels are a good side, and Jose will lead them well. But I think we'll have their measure in the Community Shield. I hope to redeem the faith shown in me by the board'.

Mourinho: Warriors Jealous of Adebayor

During todays press conference Stocksbridge manager José Mourinho moved quickly to defend his player after Hiddink's outburst. The Dutchman claimed that Adebayor was a spoilt kid and claimed his ego was too big for the dressing room. Jose told our reporters "Emannual was the one with the most firepower in that dressing room and he was going to get the most goals. The other players were jealous and forced him out. He is now at a club where he will be made to feel special. Our Community Shield tie is now a greater significance for him and they are only spurring him on to score against them."

When asked about the Community Shield match he seemed in a confident mood. "My team is the best and they will be the best. A quick look at their team shows we have nothing to worry about. I expect victory and so does the rest of the country to be honest. No disrespect to Guus who is a great manager but I am known as the Special One for a reason."

Lippi: We are a Team

In an attempt to make sure fans and media members remembered about New Bloc FC this season after the dust up between Guus Hiddink and Jose Mourinho, manager Marcello Lippi held a press conference today. "We are a team that plans on playing this season in the newly formed Premier League." He then left the stage leaving reporters puzzled as to why they had to leave their homes to cover such an event.

Confusion at the A1 Mansion

A1 Mansion today held a press conference to discuss their new team, including it's whole host of new signings and managers. The sheer amount of newcomers meant that a 40 foot table had to be used to accomodate them all.

Manager Arsene Wenger was simply delighted to be back at the Emirates Stadium, "where I belong". He had struck a deal with Malvern to be released, with Frank Rijkaard going the other way.

"I'm very glad to be here at Ars...A1 Mansion. We expect to play fast, smooth-flowing football. We will also focus very much on youth."

"But Arsene, quite a number of the team are in their 30s. Helton, De Sanctis, Sorin, Gallas, Samuel, Grafite and Leidson are all on the wrong side of 30." asked a reporter

"If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from."

"What do you make of the feud between Mourinho and Hiddink?" asked another reporter.

"I did not see it"

"Pardon?"

"Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home."

"What do you make of your chances in the FMS Premier League, Arsene?"

"At some clubs success is accidental. At Arse..A1 Mansion it is compulsory."

"You sound very confident there, Arsene"

"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all."

And with that, the press conference ended, with journalists scratching their heads trying to make sense of Arsene quotes, and the 15 new signings trying to talk to each other in their various languages.

Pre-Season Mini League 1

Aston Villa 2-1 Cridersis

Mahamadou Diarra (53) Jeremy Toulalan (49)

David Villa (73)

(Francesco Totti 7-9 dys + Stephane Mbia (Aston Villa) Inj)

In the first half, it was Cridersis who dominated the chances. Posession was even, but Cridersis looked the most likely to score with Klose dominating the Villa defence. On one occasion, Klose worked his way through the defensive partnership of Mertesacker and Alex only to drill his shot into the second half.

At half time though, Villa brought Mahamadou Diarra onto the pitch and that’s what changed it. For the first five minutes, Aston Villa played the game in Cridersis’ half. And it was just as Villa looked dangerous that Cridersis finally struck home. Klose collected the ball out on the left wing before chipping the ball to the edge of the area.

There, waiting with the goal over his right shoulder, was Jeremy Toulalan. Without taking a proper look at goal and without taking a touch, Toulalan met the ball on the edge of the area with a left footed volley with curled around the Villa ‘keepers arm and into the corner of the net.

It truly was a brilliant goal, but it was cancelled out virtually straight away by Villa’s Diarra. From a throw in, Diarra collected the ball on the left hand side. Diarra then came inside to his right foot and, just as he entered the penalty area, Diarra thumped a shot into the top corner to the ‘keepers right. Villa were back in it and the crowd volume increased a little.

It was then Cridersis’ turn to apply pressure and as Kim Kallstrom came close to restoring his teams’ lead, David Villa scored the winner.

A Beckham cross found Ronaldinho at the far post on the left had side. The former World Player of the Year then brought the ball down using his chest before sliding it back into the 6 yard box. There, Villa used an impressive burst of pace to reach the ball and bundle it home from close range.

Starting Line-ups:

Aston Villa (4-1-2-2-1)

Kirkland

Zambrotta (DR)

Mertesacker

Alex

Navarro (DL)

Mbia (DM)

Montolivo (CM)

Anderson (CM)

Afellay (AMR)

Capel (AML)

Totti (FC) ©

Cridersis (4-2-3-1)

Reina

Richards (DR)

Coloccini

Delpierre

Capdevilla (DL) ©

Toulalan (MC)

Hamsik (MC)

Simao (AMR)

Riquelme (AMC)

Di Natale (AML)

Klose (ST)

Aussie Invasion 2-2 Jabberwocky

Arda Turan (53) Karim Benzema (21)

Andrey Arshavin (60) Ryan Babel (87)

The game started well with Aussie Invasion’s Huntelaar hitting the cross bar in the 6th minute. Amongst all of the ‘ooh’s that rang out, the Chairman of Aussie Invasion could be heard. Sat high up in the stands were a group of Australian men, all drunk and all helping themselves to food from a small barbeque. It was to become a regular sighting at Aussie Invasion’s games.

The first goal, though, didn’t come until the 21st minute, and it was Benzema who took the chance well. After receiving a 20 yard pass from Palombo, Benzema took control of the ball on the edge of the area with his back to goal and with Aussie’s Pepe all over him.

Using impressive strength, Benzema rolled around to his left and into the area to bear down on goal. Another two defenders then made an attempt at getting challenges in before Benzema could fire away, but it was too late. With 3 defenders surrounding him and Doni charging out at him, Benzema dropped his shoulder and side-footed the ball into the corner of the net to put Jabberwocky 1-0 up.

The second goal of the game didn’t come until the second half. This time, it was Aussie Invasion’s turn and it was a scrappy goal. 25 yards out, Pirlo struck the initial shot low along the ground. Victor Valdes managed to dive down low to his left to prevent the goal, but his save could only deflect the ball to Arda Turan who, from 10 yards out, would have found it near impossible to miss an empty goal.

Aussie Invasion then took the lead through Andrey Arshavin. The small midfielder carried the ball into the area from the right before beating Valdes at his near post. To say that Valdes should have done better was an understatement. Valdes had prevented his team from going behind so many times so far, but he struggled with a poor shot from Arshavin.

The match trundled by as Jabberwocky searched for a late equaliser. Then, in true Babel form, Ryan Babel popped up to score a delightful goal minutes before the final whistle. Babel ran on to a through-ball before chipping a shot at goal from an incredibly tight angle. Thinking it was going over, Doni let the ball pass over his head without a second glance. Then though, the backspin kicked in and the ball clipped the underside of the bar before bouncing over the line.

Despite Aussie Invasion’s 14 shots on target, it had finished off a 2-2 draw.

Starting Line-ups:

Aussie Invasion (4-2-3-1)

Doni

Hutton (DR)

Pepe

Vidic

Van Bronckhorst (DL)

Joao Moutinho (MC)

Pirlo (MC)

Arda (AMR)

Cahill (AMC) ©

Mutu (AML)

Huntelaar (ST)

Jabberwocky (4-2-2-2)

Valdes

Cuellar (DR)

Juanito

C Davies

Westermann (DL)

Palombo (DMC) ©

Maresca (DMC)

D Alves (MR)

Stankovic (ML)

Ibrahimovic (ST)

Benzema (ST)

“And this is the head office for the scouts,” said Tony Scholes, leading George Green and Luciano Spalletti into a small office inside the Britannia Stadium. The Managing Director had been nominated to give the new Chairman and Manager a tour around the stadium, and the pair had been impressed with the set-up thus far.

There were only two people, one man and one woman. Before the trio had entered, they were chatting and flirting with each other.

“So, I’m going to guess that you’re one of the scouts then?” George Green said, striding over to the woman in the room with a big, American smile across his face.

“Actually, no. I work as a receptionist here,” answered the woman.

“Oh..,” said George, walking back across the room towards Tony Scholes.

“Erm... over here in the UK, do you guys have your receptionists work with your scouts or is she just not in the correct room? Forgive me if I’m wrong Tony, but in the States we do many things differently,” the Chairman whispered to his Managing Director. Tony looked over George’s shoulder at the woman before answering his question.

“They wouldn’t usually work together. I guess she’s just...here,” answered Tony, shrugging his shoulders. With that, George turned to the woman once more.

“I pay you to do the job you have been given. You’re not a scout and so you shouldn’t be here. Consider yourself sacked,” smiled the American, revealing a grill of shiny, white teeth. He then turned back to Tony Scholes.

“I can do that, right?” whispered George. Tony, shocked at what he’d just seen, nodded in reply. “Good,” said George, turning back to the woman. Without a second glance, the receptionist stormed from the room.

“Bloody Yanks. You think you can just come over here and cut people off at a whim? That’s disgusting – you’re lucky I’m not walking out on you right now!” said the other person in the room. It was Walter Windrum, a club Scout. George looked at the man and raised an eyebrow.

I’m lucky? For that, you can get walking as well.”

The scout went red in the face. Without saying another word, Walter Windrum rose from his seat and followed the route of the receptionist.

George turned back to his Manager and Managing Director, smiling. He wasn’t feeling guilty at all. In fact, he was quite enjoying his new-found power.

“Shall we continue?

Pre-season Mini League 3

Malvern (1st) 1-1 Stoke (3rd)

Messi (71) Iaquinta (12)

(Mathieu Flamini (Stoke) Inj)

From the start of the match Stoke, playing in their Away black kit, pressed early and were almost rewarded straight away after Farfan had a shot saved by Abbiati. The resulting corner gave Gabriel Milito a chance to net for Stoke, but the defender missed a sitter and headed into the side netting.

Moments later though, Milito’s miss was forgotten about. Grygera latched onto a loose ball at the byline inside the Malvern penalty area. Knowing that he couldn’t score himself, Grygera pulled the ball back towards the penalty spot. There, Iaquinta met the pass to hammer home and give Stoke a 12th minute lead.

The next goal didn’t come until there was just 20 minutes of the game remaining, and it was down to Stokes’ poor defending. After getting down the left hand side and running until he was almost level with the penalty spot, Jankulovski lashed in a cross which sped past everyone. However, in their attempt to get the cross clear, the defenders had left their marker which meant that when Messi collected the ball at the back post, he was completely free with time to spare.

And, as was expected, Messi slotted the chance home to get his team level. 1-1 was a fair result for both teams – with the possession stats at 50-50 and 14 shots from Malvern compared to Stokes’ 11. In the end, neither team deserved to win or lose, and that’s how it finished.

Starting Line-ups:

Malvern (4-2-3-1)

C Abbiati (GK)

Cata Diaz (DR)

S Squillaci

S Distin – ©

M Jankulovski (DL) - *

M Essien (DM)

Hernanes (DM)

S Govou (AMR)

Alex (AMC)

J Reyes (AML)

Hulk (ST)

L Messi MoM

* = Played Well

Stoke (4-3-2-1)

G Buffon (GK)

P Zabaleta (DR)

G Milito

Bordon - *

Z Grygera (DL) - *

M Flamini (MC)

G Gattuso (MC) – ©

N de Jong (MC)

J Farfan (AMC)

D Cvitanich (AMC)

V Iaquinta (ST) - *

WW Wanderers (4th) 2-0 Vastrapur (2nd)

Miguel Veloso OG (34)

Miguel (49)

With all of the early play coming from Vastrapur and van Persie in particular, it came as a bolt from the blue when WWW’s Diogo thumped a 35 yarder past Akinfeev and into the crossbar. The young Russian could breathe a sigh of relief though, as the ball struck the underside of the bar before bouncing back into his arms.

The game then died down as both teams seemed content to knock the ball around the park and display the ball-keeping skills. Unfortunately for Vastrapur though, WWW’s £25M signing intercepted one of the passes on the left wing and burst down the line to create a chance. Cazorla’s good cross found Diogo, who volleyed the ball with his left foot. Bravely, Miguel Veloso threw himself in front of the shot for Vastrapur but was hardly rewarded as the ball changed its course of direction and bobbled past a diving Akinfeev, into an empty net.

The game then became a little more open as both Jasskelainen and Akinfeev were called into action in the last 10 minutes of the first half. WWW’s Jaaskelainen was first up, denying van Persie from 10 yards before Cazorla scrambled the ball clear. Minutes later, Vastrapur’s Akinfeev answered his opposing number by denying Clarence Seedorf from 10 yards.

That ensured that the teams went in at 1-0 to WWW at half time, and it was still all to play for. Until WWW added a second soon after the restart. Right-back Petri Pasanen received the ball from a throw-in deep inside the Vastrapur half. His cross bounced along the edge of the area and found WWW team-mate Miguel.

The Lisbon-born wing-back volleyed the ball along the ground with his right foot, watching as it went past Akinfeev’s outstretched right hand and into the corner. It had been a difficult shot to pull off, as Miguel was back-peddling to reach the shot. Even though he couldn’t put much power behind it, the placement was perfect and it was enough to give his team a solid win and take them top of their league.

Starting Line-ups:

WW Wanderers (4-4-2)

J Jasskelainen (GK)

P Pasanen (DR) - *

W Brown - *

R Dunne

J Escude (DL)

Miguel (MR) - *

S Gerrard – ©

C Seedorf

S Cazorla (ML)

Diogo (ST)

M Baros (ST)

Miguel MoM

Vastrapur (4-4-2)

I Akinfeev (GK)

A Anyukov (DR)

Geromel - *

F Cannavaro – ©

W Bridge (DL)

R Quaresma (MR)

J Mata

Miguel Veloso

Maxwell (ML)

Robinho (ST)

R van Persie (ST)

| Pos   | Inf   | Team         |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | WW Wanderers |       | 2     | 1     | 1     | 0     | 3     | 1     | +2    | 4     | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Malvern      |       | 2     | 0     | 2     | 0     | 3     | 3     | 0     | 2     | 
| 3rd   |       | Stoke        |       | 2     | 0     | 2     | 0     | 2     | 2     | 0     | 2     | 
| 4th   |       | Vastrapur    |       | 2     | 0     | 1     | 1     | 2     | 4     | -2    | 1     | 

Don't worry about that ben. None of your group have yet as your group is made up of the clubs that have one or two friendlies that couldn't be cancelled. E.g, you have games against BEC, Barnet and Boreham Wood that couldn't be cancelled, but you'll still get a small report of them matches :). Your first pre-season league game against New Bloc will be on the 3rd of August. Your first actual friendly against BEC is on the 21st of July.

New Bloc have 2 games before their pre-season league, Chelski have 3 and Terkaldinho have 2. Your group hasn't been forgotten, you just have the late batch :D

Jabberwocky rob-ben New Bloc

Jabberwocky United have signed Arjen Robben of New Bloc FC for £40m, with Dejan Stankovic going the other way. Robben is sure to be a crucial player for the Bungalow, who were lacking a real quality winger. With possibly the best strike partnership in the league to supply, Robben is sure to pick up multiple assists.

"Arjen is a player of the highest quality", said Hitzfield. "He'd be good enough for any side. Frank Lampard is helping him settle in at the club. I am certain that we have spent wisely here."

Due to massive player sales, Jabberwocky still have some £35m to spend. A central defensive partner for John Mensah is believed to be top of the agenda. Bungalow's bid was rumoured to initially include Vincent Kompany and Mauro Zarate, but New Bloc were not prepared to part company with Kompany. Potential targets include Cristan Zapata, Phillipe Mexes and Mamadou Sakho. However, it is understood that Hitzfield is content with his side and will sit on the money if need be.

Chelski Galacticos FMS Premier League Title Favourite

Australian bookmaker TAB Sportsbet have released odds for the inaugural FMS Premier League

Chelski $1.90

Aston Villa $2.25

Aussie Invasion $2.60

Malvern $2.80

Crideris $4.00

Jabberwocky $4.00

New Bloc $4.00

Terkaldinho $7.50

Those are the favourites

Chelski Galacticos FMS Premier League Title Favourite

Australian bookmaker TAB Sportsbet have released odds for the inaugural FMS Premier League

Chelski $1.90

Aston Villa $2.25

Aussie Invasion $2.60

Malvern $2.80

Crideris $4.00

Jabberwocky $4.00

New Bloc $4.00

Terkaldinho $7.50

Those are the favourites

Nowhere near accurate. I'm not mentioned. :D

• 2 weeks later...

William, I think it's fair to say that not many agree with your Odds :D

Pre-Season Mini League 3

Vastrapur (4th) 1-0 Stoke (3rd)

Yobo (85)

(Massimo Ambrosini (Vastrapur) inj 2-3 days)

In what was to be their last match before their Community Shield game against Stocksbridge, Vastrapur started well. In the 20th minute, Belletti looked sure to convert a one-on-one with Buffon, but he skied his chance.

Vastrapur’s pressure continued with Anyukov the next player in line for a shot. After being played through on goal by Boulharouz, Anyukov put all his power into a shot from the corner of the 6 yard box. The ball hit the net, but on the wrong side as it sprang from the side-netting.

It was eventually Stoke’s turn to attack and, after seeing Vastrapur miss a bagful of chances, Lucio stepped up from outside the area to fire a shot off at goal. The shot rose and clipped the bar before bouncing high into the stands behind the goal. It was Stoke’s first real effort of the game, but it had seemed more dangerous than any of Vastrapur’s.

In the second half, Vastrapur barely got a sniff in. Stoke dominated play after what must have been a good half-time team-talk from Luciano Spalletti and Jefferson Farfan in particular looked dangerous. The midfielder came close on a couple of occasions and caused plenty of trouble when running at defenders and linking up with Iaquinta.

But all of Stoke’s hard work was undone when, from a Quaresma corner, Joseph Yobo stepped up from a group of 13 players to head into the ground and eventually the goal to give Vastrapur a lead 5 minutes from time – a lead which would keep strong and hand them the 3 points.

Starting Line-ups:

Vastrapur (4-4-2)

I Akinfeev (GK)

K Balharouz (DR)

C Zapata

F Cannavaro

W Bridge (DL)

A Anyukov (MR) - *

M Ambrosini

K Musah

Maxwell (ML)

I Leonard (ST)

Robinho (ST) – ©

J Yobo MoM

Stoke (4-3-2-1)

G Buffon (GK) - *

D Srna (DR)

Lucio

Bordon

O Smith (YP – Youth Player) (DL)

J Makoun (MC)

M Flamini (MC)

G Gattuso (MC) – ©

D Cvitanich (AMC)

A Nicholson (YP) (AMC)

D Drogba (ST)

Malvern (2nd) 3-2 WW Warriors (1st)

G Higuain (46) S Gerrard (22)

P Neville OG (53) C Pizarro (45)

Pato (68)

The deciding match of the group started well with Malvern having the early chances. Higuain and Messi both came close in the opening 20 minutes, but WWW then caught their opponents unawares.

After clearing away a Malvern corner, Scholes, Pizarro and Mancini worked together to get the ball moving quickly down the left wing. After running with the ball, Mancini pulled it back into the inside to give the ball to Steven Gerrard. Gerrard then ran across the field and eventually into the penalty area, before smashing the ball into the roof of the net from a near-impossible angle.

After being put ahead by Gerrard, WWW began to grow into the game and it came as no surprise when the former Liverpool skipper was involved in another goal, threading Pizarro through and watching as the Peruvian chipped the ball over the onrushing Abbiati to put his team 2 up just before half time.

During the break, Mark Wilson must have thought that his new team had sealed the victory and would go on to claim the title of their group – but that was soon thrown into uncertainty after Bodmer and Essien worked a free-kick well, finding Higuain unmarked just inside the area. The young Argentinian needed no further encouragement as he slotted home to put his team back into the game.

After their first goal, Malvern were soon gifted another by Phil Neville. From a corner kick, Neville attempted to control the ball on his chest before booting it away. However, the corner curled just before reaching Neville and hit him on the shoulder before bouncing past Toldo.

With some newly-found confidence, Malvern flew forward at a reeling Wanderers defence. Essien came close twice before Pato pounced onto some poor defending and headed home and easy chance to make it 3-2 to Malvern in one of the most entertaining games so far of the pre-season.

It was only after going a goal down that Wilson’s Wandering Wanderers began to attack again, but they couldn’t get that final goal. WWW struck the post twice before the final whistle, but no matter how much they huffed and puffed, WWW simply couldn’t blow Malvern’s defence to the ground.

Starting Line-ups:

Malvern (4-2-3-1)

C Abbiati (GK)

J Zebina (DR)

S Squillaci

S Distin – ©

I Cordoba (DL)

M Essien (DM) - *

D Pizarro (DM)

L Messi (AMR)

G Higuain (AMC) - *

D Ba (AML)

Hulk (ST)

WW Wanderers (4-4-2)

F Toldo (GK)

W Brown (DR)

D Agger

M Materazzi

J Boumsong (DL)

S Gerrard (MR) – © *

P Neville

P Scholes

Mancini (ML)

C Pizarro (ST) - *

M Borriello (ST)

S Gerrard MoM

So, the first of the Pre-Season Mini Leagues drew to a close and Malvern were crowned Champions of an extremely closely fought Group 3. A sign of things to come? A flukey couple of wins for Malvern? With the season not far away, we’ll be sure to find out. For now though, the victory is claimed by Malvern’s Chairman Alex Hickling, their manager Rafa Benitez and Messi & Co.

| Pos   | Inf   | Team         |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   | C     | Malvern      |       | 3     | 1     | 2     | 0     | 6     | 5     | +1    | 5     | 
| 2nd   |       | WW Wanderers |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 5     | 4     | +1    | 4     | 
| 3rd   |       | Vastrapur    |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 3     | 4     | -1    | 4     | 
| 4th   |       | Stoke        |       | 3     | 0     | 2     | 1     | 2     | 3     | -1    | 2     | 

Congrats on the early winnings, Weeman27bob. Let's see if your form will carry on into the league. Well done to the other teams as well, this one was closely fought :thup:

Archived