FM 10 Tactic - Wingless Wonders

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant tactic m8.

1st season with West Hem and i was champion.

Only one question.

When i started 2nd season looks like tactic got broken. My players are not preforming like they did. Started loosing games and hardly managing to win. I tried to use different version of tactics but it was the same.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance lad :D

second season syndrome - maybe cos u were champions teams were playing more defensively against u and so the direct style wouldnt work as well - wud have 2 play more patiently. Check if the clear cut chances were still being created but maybe not being finished as well as the first season - maybe the team will just need time 2 gel if new signings have been brought in.

Sadly, i tried more direct play but it is always the same. Got 5 games draw in a row with much less clean cut chances. Also need to add that my team is the same i only got new MC that is showing good. Tried to play with 100% same team as in season 1 but results are the same.

I hope you have some good solution :D

Thanks in advance bro !

I love the premise behind this tactic but cant get it to work properly. I'm crew in the 1st div on fm10 and I can't get above 18th or 19th position. I bought players with your reccomendations and have used v7 and v1 but no sucess.

Brilliant tactic! This has transformed me from a playoff team to league leaders, i've won 5 of my last 6, drawing the other game. You are spot on when you say swap the defensive midfielder for a target man when losing, I am very confident that by sticking to this tactic, I will end up winning the league (I am Cardiff City by the way, although I have literally rebuilt a new team).

Wingless Wonders 4-1-3-2

[

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS - LEFT & RIGHT - In the narrow 3 man midfield these 2 central midfielders set to ATTACK will arrive late in opposition areas and try through balls to the poacher. They also run into the channels and provide some width or look for the overlapping full backs. In defence they will close down the opposing wide men. Key attributes - passing, creativity, workrate and stamina. PREFERRED MOVES - TRYS KILLER BALLS OFTEN/ DRIBBLES THROUGH CENTRE.

Your central midfielders...left and right...should they just be straight CMs or have specifications on what their prefered foot is or which side of the field they are better on?

Wingless Wonders 4-1-3-2

[

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS - LEFT & RIGHT - In the narrow 3 man midfield these 2 central midfielders set to ATTACK will arrive late in opposition areas and try through balls to the poacher. They also run into the channels and provide some width or look for the overlapping full backs. In defence they will close down the opposing wide men. Key attributes - passing, creativity, workrate and stamina. PREFERRED MOVES - TRYS KILLER BALLS OFTEN/ DRIBBLES THROUGH CENTRE.

Your central midfielders...left and right...should they just be straight CMs or have specifications on what their prefered foot is or which side of the field they are better on?

straight CM's work best and a left footer on the left wing is better for crossing where a right footer will be better for cutting in. Ive also had natural wingers on either side work well if there so good u cant exclude them and cant retrain them (for international sides) etc.

Used v1 first season with Manchester City, ended up in 2nd place which I really didn't expected before the season. Now 2nd season the board expect me to win the PL and reach the final in the CL, it won't be easy but I believe my team with this tactic maybe can make it. Going to test v7 now to see if that's even better. Great tactic mate!

Not working for me,i'm playing with Newcastle i have good midfildiers in my team,Vela is poacher and Hugo Almeida complete forward,

in pre season friendly: 2 win 2 lost,at the start of the season lost the first 3 games only scored one goal.The problem is that i didn't created

any chances.In all of the games i lost possesion and the opponent had more chancess and played a lot better.

I used v7 tactic

SOME NEW TWEAKS:

The tactic starts with CONTROL but switch to COUNTER if playing away to an better team and under the kosh. If at half time ur team is not creating chances or u r behind, change to ATTACK. If u are still behind and have nothing to lose take the DMC off and move him to a third striker set as a TARGET MAN - this does work.

Touchline Instructions - as CONTROL states, the team will probe the opposition early on but this can lead to the game arriving at half time goaless with not many chances being created so if u want more from the team I usually use GET BALL FORWARD and HASSLE OPPONENTS to give the team more desire and impetus. If i have gone all out attack i PUMP BALL INTO BOX and use PLAY WIDER. I dont generally use any other T.I.'s as the tactic will do the job anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Im going to give V7 a try with League One Southend United. They should have a good enough side to do this. But with no cash to buy people in - its a good test for it. Players like Herd and Francis should excell as the full backs, plus its finally giving me a chance to sure up my defence as Grant is able to play as a DMC and back up the likes of Barret, Mvoto, and Stefanovic when i sign him up :)

Will keep you updated on progress

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a good tactic so far, didnt play it in any pre season games but i did for my first game. tottenham v west ham (i play as an appy ammer) Not sure if alot was luck or what but my word lol

Odds before game was that spurs were evens faves and me being a rookie manager that it was just a matter of how many

tottenham - west ham

1 goals 2

19 shots 5

4 on target 2

10 off target 3

5 blocked 0

1 woodwork 0

3 ccc 1

7 long shots 2

56% possession 44%

8 corners 2

Those stats tell me this is a counter attacking tactic possibly. Oh there goal came from a penalty too. I dunno how much was luck in that but at same time watching it with extended highlights i wasent ever that concerned that they were gonna get back in. Well chuffed, roll on blackburn at home

oh team also was :

Green

Faubert daCosta Upson Ilunga

Parker

Noble Dyer Kovac

Cole (poacher) Diamanti

also to add to it after going 1 -0 up i went to counter and did a shout to hassle opponents.

at half time i said get stuck in, exploit middle and get ball forward

match 2

west ham - blackburn rovers

2 goals 2

9 shots 17

4 on target 6

1 off target 5

1 blocked 5

0 woodwork 2

1 ccc 2

4 long shots 8

47% possession 53%

3 corners 6

Yet again opponents were on top for long peroids but never really threatened, alot were weak shots etc. on 14 i said to hassle, exploit middle on 20, get ball forward on 21 and attack on 23 minutes. on 54 minutes took off underperforming dm and put on target man. it went 2-2 on 88 minutes came from behind! cole as poacher has 3 goals in two games!!

Archived