The South American Managerial Competition - The Story

2008/09 Argentinian Pre-Season Update

Atl. Tucumán

102474.png

Media Prediction: 20th

Javier Risinger was a very busy man in pre-season and he had to be, as he lost 3 vital players in the build up to the Primera B. Diego Ferroz (DMC) and Javier Paez (DC) were joint best players at the club, but left for £55k and £20k respectively. The veteran striker Josemir Lujambio also left the club to join Greek side Ethnikos for £8k. Even though he was 36, he was still the best striker at the club and his experience will be missed. The only direct positional replacement Risinger brought in was the loan signing of Pablo Bianco from parent club Newel's. The 17 year-old has great potential, but isn't really goo enough to be a first teamer. Mariano Barale (MR) and Cristian Milloz (DR) were brought in on free transfer, but whilst the former is probably going to be a back-up, Milloz could feature more regularly. The strangest signing was the £12k purchase of goalie Guillermo Sara, who is a lot worse than Atl. Tucuman's current goalkeeper!

Atl. Tucumán have lost key players and not really replaced them. They are predicted to come dead last and could really struggle this season. With average points deciding who goes down, they will have to have a strong season to avoid the drop.

Def. y Justicia

108526.png

Media Prediction: 19th

Tom Smith didn't have to deal with the departure of his best players and actually brought in quite a few additions. Unfortunately they were mostly average. Martin Asencio (AMC), Diego Jaime (MR), Ramon Pedro Ortiz (DC) and Pablo Pooli were all brought in on frees, but only Pablo Pooli should be starting and that is because there is a lack of decent ML's in the squad. When money was spent the signing was decent. Adrian Gonzalez was brought in for £4k from sarmiento and the centre-back looks like a decent if unspectacular signing.

Def. y Justicia have a stronger and most importantly bigger squad than Atl. Tucumán, but they will still have to play above their level to escape relegation.

2008/09 Uruguayan Pre-Season Update

Boston River

5512793.png

Media Prediction: 15th

I don't know what Tom Hamilton has been doing in the half a year in charge of Boston River. I know he didn't have any games in that space of time but he has made no effort or whatsoever to make any signings at all. All he did was bring in scout Sebastian Leon, who is very decent, but who has hardly helped him spot any talent.

Boston River are predicted to finish in the only relegation place in the league, last. Tom Hamilton feels he has a strong enough squad to cope, and the way other managers have performed so far it could be possible.

Sud América

5512556.png

Media Prediction: 14th

Bambino Flash has been a little bit busier than Tom Hamilton, but you feel his only signing was jsut to say he made a signing. The whole sage was a bit pointless. He released defender Jose Ledesma as he would only be back-up, only to bring in Marcelo Alexandrovicius who is very similar to Ledesma, just a little bit worst. I guess he liked his name. Flash also brought in a scout, Hugo Mendy, who looks very good and has the potential to be a great scout.

Sud América are predicted to finish in the safety zone and they will want just that. They have a slightly stronger squad than Boston River and with both managers hating each other Bambino will be hoping to finish ahead of his nemesis.

Argentinian pre-season update! \o/:D

From what I can see, I did ok. My fellow Argentinian manager not so. Pooli and Gonzalez will be two players I certainly will have my eye on in the hope they impress. I'm also hoping that my superior managerial skills can keep us away from relegation too.

Great updates so far corinthiano. Kutgw! :thup:

Nice to see the Mexican season underway. :thup: A nice tidy sum sent our way from Indios but I do hope the whole affiliate club scenario doesn't hamper me too much in getting my career going. And I hope Indios don't get relegated from the Primera as that would out our position under question!

I checked and I don't have a logo for I. Chihuahua either. :( Judging by the low resolution logo for Potros Chetumal, I'd say we have the same logo pack!

I checked and I don't have a logo for I. Chihuahua either. :( Judging by the low resolution logo for Potros Chetumal, I'd say we have the same logo pack!

Is that a massive one that you downloaded in three parts? If so, then we definately have the same one! :D

did you get our media predictions right?

and can you do a little bit of an extra on the rival game- as we hate each other should be a good game

The media prediction is the one the game gave me. I actually based the choice of these clubs for this sign-up on the fact that they were predicted to come last. You can check the media prediction in the "Club Information" screenshot of your club in the introduction post.

I will write a little bit about the head-to-heads of the sign-up managers in the end of season updates :thup:

EDIT; i see what you mean with the predictions now, have fixed it!

Argentinian pre-season update! \o/:D

From what I can see, I did ok. My fellow Argentinian manager not so. Pooli and Gonzalez will be two players I certainly will have my eye on in the hope they impress. I'm also hoping that my superior managerial skills can keep us away from relegation too.

Great updates so far corinthiano. Kutgw! :thup:

In FM he's managing like me, finding huge potential and selling old players, even if they are our best. I think Tucuman will be fine.

The Peruvians have produced a few shocks!!

It looks like my allocation of attributed in making training hard, but rewarding and alot of motivation has worked so far as we've defied all odds and are actually doing reasonably well! Lets hope that the new clubs of Garcia and Ubillus will realise that they're not as good as they seemed and will send them back to Ancash, where I can again turn them from average players into good players! Seems to be working really well so far.

KUTGW Corinthiano!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I am extremely sorry this has died out. Everytime I do a sign-up something seems to come up...

I unexpectedly received a job offer in Brazil and have been very busy planning my move over there. I thought I would have some time to continue this after a while but I am leaving in a week and still have a lot to do. Once I am over there I will be very busy settling into my new job etc. so won't even be able to continue this after a few weeks.

Again, I am sorry I have wasted everyone's time and it is safe to say I unfortunately won't have time to do any sign-ups in the near and probably long-term future.

Hey guys, I am extremely sorry this has died out. Everytime I do a sign-up something seems to come up...

I unexpectedly received a job offer in Brazil and have been very busy planning my move over there. I thought I would have some time to continue this after a while but I am leaving in a week and still have a lot to do. Once I am over there I will be very busy settling into my new job etc. so won't even be able to continue this after a few weeks.

Again, I am sorry I have wasted everyone's time and it is safe to say I unfortunately won't have time to do any sign-ups in the near and probably long-term future.

No problem, thanks for letting us know and i wish you the best of luck in Brazil :thup: Will you still be on here from time to time? Either way, have a fantastic time :)

Archived