Genie Scout - Problem Solved?

Rangers;TheReligion

Well, people have been saying, it doesnt work, if your game is over 100kb.

Im running a game at 200kb and what im doing it works so far.

Give this a try out ...

1. Start a new game

2. turn off compress saved games

3. where it says "Auto Save Interval" make it "Fortnight"

4. where it says "Auto Save Mode" make it "10 File Rolling auto save"

5. Save your game

6. Load Genie scout

7. load your game

8. always save your Fm2008 game as the original, because you will see *your save game*(01),(02) etc.

That way if worst comes to worst, and it stops working, you can load the (01) save game.

This should work. Its worked for me so far.

Hope this works lads.

Some feedback if it does?

Give this a try out ...

1. Start a new game

5. Save your game

6. Load Genie scout

7. load your game

8. always save your Fm2008 game as the original, because you will see *your save game*(01),(02) etc.

That way if worst comes to worst, and it stops working, you can load the (01) save game.

Hope this works lads.

Some feedback if it does?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rangers;TheReligion:

Give this a try out ...

1. Start a new game

5. Save your game

6. Load Genie scout

7. load your game

Hope this works lads.

Some feedback if it does? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Genie worked for me at first until my saves went over 100mb. Did this and it worked perfectley!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ste99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rangers;TheReligion:

Give this a try out ...

1. Start a new game

5. Save your game

6. Load Genie scout

7. load your game

Hope this works lads.

Some feedback if it does? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Genie worked for me at first until my saves went over 100mb. Did this and it worked perfectley!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im stupid and very annoyed it didnt work at all I just loaded an old save! icon_rolleyes.gif

I thought that the general problem being that it cant load a certain player or something a regen or something along those lines so maybe if it cant load the regen then after a while the regen may retire because he's not been discovered therefore there bein no problem loading again.

i dont no just sayin.

just installed a clean version of FM08 and tried to load genie.

tells me something about the game being 4 bytes when it needs to be 0 bytes or something.

Mini scout didn't work either ..but i've just downloaded the latest .net framework so it works fine now (but it isn't any where near as good as genie scout in terms of functionality)

I think the main error people experience is due to old staff not retiring properly or something as its due to a NonPlayer which I assume is a staff member but could also be an official. It might have something to do with a player turning into a staff member also.

• 2 weeks later...

i was using the scout for about 3 seasons and now it randomly packed up, i'm affraid nothing seems to fix it now icon_frown.gif

are there any other scouts about that are good ??, other than the mini scout because i dont really understand some it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fi3ryicy:

wat do u mean by genie is dead? his not gonna release fm genie anymore? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://genie.fm/

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leinad:

Seriously, the admins just need to close any topics on Genie. Genie is dead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're wrong, little one. Genie is back, better than ever, and you need to work way harder if your Miniscout is ever going to compete. in the meantime, please stop spamming every thread asking about Genie Scout.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimmyWangYang:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leinad:

Seriously, the admins just need to close any topics on Genie. Genie is dead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're wrong, little one. Genie is back, better than ever, and you need to work way harder if your Miniscout is ever going to compete. in the meantime, please stop spamming every thread asking about Genie Scout. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It isnt better then ever. Its not as good as it was. Still some loading errors and worst of all the ratings are poor and the funny thing is a lot of people are stupid enough to use them. I just use Genie for better searching and MiniScout for the ratings until Genie updates the ratings in Genie Scout.

Archived