Realistic Corner Routine?

Does anyone know of a corner routine that works that is realistic? ie. not just one player scoring from corners and not 15-20 a season?

I dont want every corner to be nodded in by one of my centre-backs who is standing on the keeper. People do justify this by saying that Joleon Lescott gets on the end of a lot of set pieces and racks up a decent tally for the season. I agree that he does. However, he has scored 14 goals in 112 games for Everton. That is a really decent return for a defender, but with the corner exploit defenders can get 15+ per season!

There must be a realistic corner routine that is succesful, but doesn't rely on the one player scoring all the goals?

All help appreciated.

Frag

yeah i like it to be realistic as well, buti dont complain when a CB heads in a winner in the 90th minute!! i think sega has got to change this in 2010, because generally the keeper would collect the corners that close to him.

good shout though to just not challenge keeper

Don't agree. We should have a couple of pre-set corner formations from which we can choose from. (Formations that work IRL). Or maybe 6-7 setups that we create at the beginning of the season and the team chooses which to employ.

Also there should be an option to mix them up. It's lame that you play the whole season with a single corner routine.

Till I have that, I'm having DC on GK and Corners to 6 yard box :/

just leave it as it is

I have tried this, but then pretty much no goals are scored from corners at all.

I don't think there really are any decent routines without the exploit.

Don't agree. We should have a couple of pre-set corner formations from which we can choose from. (Formations that work IRL). Or maybe 6-7 setups that we create at the beginning of the season and the team chooses which to employ.

Also there should be an option to mix them up. It's lame that you play the whole season with a single corner routine.

Till I have that, I'm having DC on GK and Corners to 6 yard box :/

Setting the corner delivery on mixed?

set alot of people to challenge from the deep. thats how mostly corner routines are IRL. you rarely see an attacking player in a corner just standing still right beside the gk. no, you will see them making runs in the box towards the goal

Put it on mix, have one CB near post flick on, the other attacking ball from deep or attack far post. And have most attack ball from deep.

Indeed. I get plenty goals from headers by my DCs with a set-up like this. But at a realistic level without the exploit. It's far more satisfying to have your DC score a 'real' goal from a corner.

set alot of people to challenge from the deep. thats how mostly corner routines are IRL. you rarely see an attacking player in a corner just standing still right beside the gk. no, you will see them making runs in the box towards the goal

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that. Take a closer look at some real life games in future and I think you'll find that having someone on the keeper is a tactic often used on corners.

Currently playing as United I put either Rio or Vidic Challenging the GK and I NEVER score on corners.

Actually It doesn't matter what I do, I get 10 corners a game and never score no matter what corner technique I use.

I may be missing the point here, if the match result is pre-calculated, what factor does having an excellent corner routine play, other than to re-distribute the goals to the player given the mark keeper instruction.

If on the other hand an excellent corner routine adds to the number of goals you would actually normally score in a season, hence potentially increasing the number of points that you achieve, then this is more of a factor.

In the first instance it may be better to not use the corner routine as it potentially has a detrimental effect on the attacking players morale if a big defender scores the majority of goals.

In the second instance, it is critical to use the corner routine to achieve maximum performance (if this is your goal, at the expense of realism perhaps?), however a striker could be used in the mark keeper role and potentially balance can be restored.

Appreciate the feedback as to what case is correct, because I have the corner routine set to default in my current save, and I need every point I can get :-)

I may be missing the point here, if the match result is pre-calculated, what factor does having an excellent corner routine play, other than to re-distribute the goals to the player given the mark keeper instruction.

If on the other hand an excellent corner routine adds to the number of goals you would actually normally score in a season, hence potentially increasing the number of points that you achieve, then this is more of a factor.

In the first instance it may be better to not use the corner routine as it potentially has a detrimental effect on the attacking players morale if a big defender scores the majority of goals.

In the second instance, it is critical to use the corner routine to achieve maximum performance (if this is your goal, at the expense of realism perhaps?), however a striker could be used in the mark keeper role and potentially balance can be restored.

Appreciate the feedback as to what case is correct, because I have the corner routine set to default in my current save, and I need every point I can get :-)

I've always wondered the same but don't know the answer. If anyone does, then please enlighten us.

Archived