Ideas for FMH09

I know this thread was popular last season and did impact the game so i decided to do it again.

Heres my ideas:

To be able to swap players in deals.

To be able to recall loaned players.

When a player is Transfer listed by a club and it says they are available for a certain price that the club does actually sell them rather than keep rejecting your offers.

A reserve league if its possible, somthing similar to the B teams in Spain etc. so they reserves do play and can improve.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The things ridley has included pretty summedup what would be good to be added. But i have one other suggestion.NOmatch enginge. If a match engine was put in, then it would just lead to people discovering bugs, saying things like - the ball went into the goal, but it didnt count, and my players never close my opposition down. Does anyone agree?

I totally agree.

When i played champ manager for psp they had a match engine and it was crap. It was just a bunch of stupid balls moving around in no particularly effective way. It's more like headless chickens running about than an actual football match.

I just don't think they could put a good enough one in the psp version they wouldn't be able to fit it on a UMD and still keep the big databases in it.

Also they need to sort the fixtures out e.g

International matches clashing with League and Cup games

Having a match the day after you've just played one etc

I know everyone gets this and it happened in previous ones. i don't know why they didn't sort it for this one.

Hi

Affiliate clubs - with the amount of young 16/17 year old youths that come through annually it would be nice to have instant loan out options from lesser leagued teams.

The hold button - why is it now that you have to press the button when dropping a price or raising a value. This is annoying in it's present state whereby you have to press it every time for each few thousand. The way it was, hold the button down, it keeps increasing / decreasing please.

New leagues / Replacement Leagues. Ok no offence to any nationals of say Belgium or Australia... but I would selfishly like room made for the Allsvenskan. Swedish league is great fun on pc. Please include the Royal League too, that is a nice incentive throughout the season. So, Swedish League (all players) on and more foreign based Swedes included, enough so as it is able to be manager of international Sweden.

Manager hassle - Like on PC. If managing in England I like to hassle him non stop, stir the sh-t. I watch out for his results and after bad defeats I blast him through press. Have that fat Sam. So on psp it would be nice to kick off with any chosen pr-ck.

But as is, already and nicely a great game. Subtle changes come every year, maybe one of us will contribute to that. I understand it is a bg game demanding of the memory and processor capability... squeeze some more room somehow!

Birger loves FM

Originally posted by Birger Jarl:

The hold button - why is it now that you have to press the button when dropping a price or raising a value. This is annoying in it's present state whereby you have to press it every time for each few thousand. The way it was, hold the button down, it keeps increasing / decreasing please.

Marc Vaughan has already said this was a change they didn't make on purpose and he will make sure it'll be fixed in 09.

Furthermore I agree that there shouldn't be a match engine.

And on my list of probably impossibles is still being able to switch leagues.

Also I would like that the other teams made some more transfers instead of having the same players for like 10 years.

But FMH08 is still a great gameicon_wink.gif

1) ALl Ridleys Ideas.

2) All Birgir Jarls Ideas.

3) A better appealing system to red cards. At the moment, unles i read the commentry through every match, i am unsure why my player has got sent off and so just appeal to everything. Maybe when the news comes up and you can appeal, you can read the commentry around the sending off.

Eg/

Waybne Rooney has been suspended for x matches for his sending off against Chelsea.

"Rooney passes along the ground to Giggs"

"Giggs lifts it 40 yards to Ronaldo"

"Ronaldo passes to Rooney"

"Cole comes across"

"Dive by Rooney"

"The referee is pulling out a card"

Etc. And i think like in early Championship Manager, there should be a consequence for appealing to everything.

4) Maybe more International Teams, such as the popular ones. Brazil, Argentina etc.

5) I would like to see the Grey Players able to be used as Ridley suggested. Because Manchester United have some decent players who i have no access to.

6) I would like to be able to see the transfer budget of each team before i start a game, or maybe it col be an unlockable.

Spend No Money in 5 seasons and you unlock the ability to see all the teams transfer budget.

7) Computer more inclined to buy players from me. They have no problem buying players from other teams for large amounts (Chelsea bought Stewary Downing for £27,000,000 on mine in 1st season) but unless i offer say Rooney for £3 mill, they don't bother.

8) And as Ridley said at the start, i find it annoying when my news thingy says

"Joe Cole has been transferlisted. Avram Grant is expected to accept offers of around 8 million pounds. Manchester United are expected to lead the chase"

Then when you offer or enquire, they decide they do not wish to sell him at this moment in time.

Something that has puzzled me when players need work permits if they get rejected we should be able to appeal and when they get one why do the players not have to play a percentage of games, like they used to in previous years, in order to get a new permit and contract

Carrying on with the work permit thing, being able to loan players out if they can't get a work permit.

Also, I would like the non league teams not to be so good. Their greyed out players are always quite good, very annoying when you are drawn against them and get beat, look at the players and some are better than your own when you are in a higher league.

Originally posted by Feddemaster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bobby T:

How about when your scout gives you a report on a player they state whether the club is open to offers for him and and says approx how much it will take to sign the player

+1 vote </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

another vote

able to add more logos into the game, and fix the accent thing,

also squad numbers would add a little bit of realism even if it has no effect,

stop the thing where in january you can sign players whose contracts are ruinning out for free and get them in january by offering £0.

also i find it strange that a hell of a lot of good players contracts are allowed to run down, MIchael Owen etc.

Originally posted by ridley99:

Thought of 2 more

To be able to promote the grey players when they are good

To get regens in your reserves or just to get them as its just the other teams that get them we should get the odd one

It actually happened for me in my 5th season playing as arsenal. at the beggining of the season.

2 players:

Chris Elliot AMRC

James Henderson DC

both have awesome stats and are now in the first team managing to dislodge nasri and toure.

Since then it hasn't happened and that was the only time it's happened but if it does they are very good players.

Derby matches. Maybe you can get a message from the board to say "The derby match between ourselves and X is an important game. The fans will not be happy if we lose. Make sure the players are up for this one!" Something along those lines. Would be good as at the moment derby matches don't really matter.

Another idea would be more fan interaction.

What about when you want to apply for a new job, then the chairman can offer you a new contract or something. And you have to discuss your contract with the new club you want to go with.

to be allowed to offer contracts to players in russia/ukraine when they are starting to expire as you cant at the minute and when a player is unhappy at their club and want to move to a bigger club they sign a new contract, stop that

Hell no for team talks. Really don't think it should've been implemented in the PC version due to its ridiculous bearing it has on a game (we are'nt all SAF icon_wink.gif ) and also because it would kill the speed and simplicity that i love about FMH matches. On the PC i have to go through about 5 tactics screens before getting to the action, but FMH takes me straight there

Originally posted by chuzcredit:

Hell no for team talks. Really don't think it should've been implemented in the PC version due to its ridiculous bearing it has on a game (we are'nt all SAF icon_wink.gif ) and also because it would kill the speed and simplicity that i love about FMH matches. On the PC i have to go through about 5 tactics screens before getting to the action, but FMH takes me straight there

+1 vote

(SI, Keep it real!icon_razz.gif)

Two player option would be great on system link up or over the Internet, I would even be happy with two players on the same psp when going on longer trips with other people. Please let us play other people on our PSP...

Two player option would be great on system link up or over the Internet, I would even be happy with two players on the same psp when going on longer trips with other people. Please let us play other people on our PSP...

I don't think that two players on one psp would be very good because it would encourage cheating. However, if we could use the game sharing option on the main menu with one game and two psp's we could solve this problem.

Yeah game sharing is mostly used as a bit of a demo version though, eg. one stage of a FPS

I was thinking maybe a gamesharing mode where both players select any team, then move onto tactics, then play a game against each other. Simple, quick, fun and allows you to play against others without the game, as well as giving them a taste of the action to encourage them to get it icon_wink.gif

I think a good idea would be to retain players from a nation. You could create a retain players.ddt file on the PSP memory stick in the folder PSP\COMMON\FMH2009. Then you could put the commands in such as:

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "France"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Brazil"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Argentina"

This would show all of the players with nationality of French, Brazilian or Argentinian to show up no matter what league you start in. This would be useful if we wanted to have these players in our game. However, it would add to loading times but at least if we put the commands in we would know this. This idea could be expanded with the .edt files to edit clubs quickly.

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Derby" "Celtic"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Bolton" "Rangers"

Would be an extremely quick way of allowing us to put Celtic and Rangers in the premiership and allowing us to create a 'Euro Elite League' where we pick the best 20 teams in the world and put them in the Premiership. All of these ideas were used in CM 03/04 but the command "BOOST_TEAM" "Watford" 20000000 7000 40000 would change Watford's transfer budget to £20,000,000, change their reputation to 7,000 (max = 10,000), increase attendance at games to around 40,000 (If stadium capacity permits). which changes Watford's transfer budget to £20,000,000, change their reputation to 7,000 (max = 10,000), increase attendance at games to around 40,000 (If stadium capacity permits). We could change this to:

"BOOST_TEAM" "Watford" 20000000 250000 7000 40000 to make their transfer budget £20m, their wage budget £250,000, their reputation 7000 and their average capacity to 4000.

What does everyone think of this idea? icon14.gif or icon13.gif

change the database in game? (if possible) icon_confused.gif

for example if you are managing in reading icon_wink.gif but you want to manage ac milan, you can apply for the job and if accepted then the game database should change to italy

i dont know if this is possible but if it is and doesnt slow the game down too much i think it might be a useful addition icon_cool.gif

of course i would like to play with all leagues on but i think thats almost impossible on the psp icon_confused.gif

I really think the scouting system could do with adding to.

For example scouting different age groups like when you search for players. Also i find that the results they come up with are all obvious players.

Maybe they could scout players that don't appear when you search normally. Or even greyed out players.

I also think you need more of them, like in real life clubs have multiple scouts stationed in different countries. You only get 2 in the game and more would be better.

Another feature could maybe be the scouts tell you when an exciting new youngster comes on the scene and you can tell the scouts to watch them for a few games and they report back with performance stats and give there opinion on whether they're good enough.

I also completely agree that reserve leagues are needed. I hardly use my reserve team because its pointless and i dont like storing players for the sake of it. They should definatly do it because you could really gauge who's gonna be good enough for your team.

I also agree you should have a steady flow of youth players coming into the reserves, 1 - 2 a season would be good enough its better than 1 in 6 or 7 seasons.

Id like to be able to target specific teams or leagues when trying to loan/sell a player f.e say i want to loan out bojan but cant offer him to the lower leagues and he ends up going to derby were he plays 5 games in a season.

What?!? Play Bojan from the start! He walked the league in my Man Utd squad being rotated with Rooney.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by leeds for ever:

I think a good idea would be to retain players from a nation. You could create a retain players.ddt file on the PSP memory stick in the folder PSP\COMMON\FMH2009. Then you could put the commands in such as:

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "France"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Brazil"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Argentina"

This would show all of the players with nationality of French, Brazilian or Argentinian to show up no matter what league you start in. This would be useful if we wanted to have these players in our game. However, it would add to loading times but at least if we put the commands in we would know this. This idea could be expanded with the .edt files to edit clubs quickly.

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Derby" "Celtic"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Bolton" "Rangers"

Would be an extremely quick way of allowing us to put Celtic and Rangers in the premiership and allowing us to create a 'Euro Elite League' where we pick the best 20 teams in the world and put them in the Premiership. All of these ideas were used in CM 03/04 but the command "BOOST_TEAM" "Watford" 20000000 7000 40000 would change Watford's transfer budget to £20,000,000, change their reputation to 7,000 (max = 10,000), increase attendance at games to around 40,000 (If stadium capacity permits). which changes Watford's transfer budget to £20,000,000, change their reputation to 7,000 (max = 10,000), increase attendance at games to around 40,000 (If stadium capacity permits). We could change this to:

"BOOST_TEAM" "Watford" 20000000 250000 7000 40000 to make their transfer budget £20m, their wage budget £250,000, their reputation 7000 and their average capacity to 4000.

What does everyone think of this idea? icon14.gif or icon13.gif

The first idea isn't practical because the PSP doesn't contain a huge database and cut it down in the same manner as the PC game, it contains databases pre-processed as if the PC game had started and selected the players to retain for each setup (if it stripped players in the same manner as the PC game it'd take over 5 minutes to start up a new game).

By the way it is possible to 'add' players in using the editor you can download from sigames.com if you weren't aware and are missing any specific favourites from a region.

In a similar manner you can swap teams about and boost club reputations, player abilities etc. using this editor which makes the second part of your suggestion possible already largely.

Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

I agree with the above.

I often loan players out to lower league clubs only for them to play a few games all season, when in real life they would walk into the squad...

+10 for this!

Last season i "made" a player that i loaned go from a 750k value to 8 million. However this never ever happens when i loan out a player. (not even in a smaller way) I check up on my players from time to time and i notice that they play between 0 and 8 games per match mostly, where you would expect that a Prem. player would play more in the League Two...

I have played FM for years and bought my psp on the release of the original FMH and loved it 07 & 08 have also been fab (Y)

my opinon is that some of us are making substituations (sp) only on player ratings

fair enough

however i think we can see some very important messages in the commentary meaning we also miss some of them

this is why i would like a match report as i think it will enable us to read up on our players performances and maybe if we can have one for each match in the game be good for us to see how are internationals do when on duty

what does everyone think of this?

Just to say, first time checking back on this thread in a while. There are some great ideas on this thread, practicality and size may prevent inclusion, hpowever, it is good that SI have opportunity to take on board the best of what we say.

There are subtle improvements every year and I hope for next year some of the above are considered and attempted.

Keep up the good work, forum members.

Archived