Football Manager 1988 Version 1

Jupmachine

A few weeks ago i began making a 1988/89 season squad for Man Utd, as this is my favourite squad (first year i had a season ticket). Interest from friends and people on this site motivated me to create squads for all the First Division teams from 1988.

I now bring you Football Manager 1988 version 1. This version has all the players and manager from all the clubs that played in the frist division in 1988. All 4 divisions have the correct clubs in them, and the correct finishing places from 1987. (Liverpool 1st, Man U 2nd, Nottm Forest 3rd, Everton 4th, etc.)

The next version i release will have the correct histories for every player in the top division, kits and a facepack.

Feel free to edit the database yourself if you want to change your club's stats etc.

Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QIS4R3WI

Man Utd facepack: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9IQKZ1GF

Screens: http://img3.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=arsenaljss.jpg

Jupmachine

Any way of getting around the fact that none of my first team players are classed as home grown for the champions league, or i will have a team of reserves for it... if im lucky, not even sure if i can fill it up with reserves.

Im liverpool, and one of my first team is qaulified as home grown.

Seems like quite a big problem, might have to stop playing if theres no way around it, and that would be a damn shame!

Have all of the histories for the players before 1988 been added in?

If not, then there's your answer!

I guess i have to change some stuff in the db...

But i was having so much fun with this! now i have to start again :(

Have all of the histories for the players before 1988 been added in?

If not, then there's your answer!

I added lots of player histories to the db and guess what...there STILL not classed as home grown.

I gave a fair few players historys at liverpool from the ages of 15,16 and 17 up to around 26 years old.

What did i do wrong?

I noticed one player (gary ablett) was classed as home grown but i didnt do anything different to him than i did to anybody else.

have you added where they were born?

I didnt add where they were born because they were mostly born in liverpool as default.

Doesnt make any sense why gary ablett is home grown and knowbody else is.

For example, steve mcmahon, born in liverpool and his history stretches from 1998 to 2007 at liverpool with his first 2 years in the youth = not classed as home grown for europe.

Gary ablett, born in liverpool and his history stretches from 2003 to 2007 at liverpool with 2 years in the youth = classed as home grown for europe.

John aldridge, born in liverpool and his history stretches from 1995 to 2007 at liverpool with a couple of years in the youth = not classed as home grown for europe.

Doesnt make any sense...is it bugged or broke? or am i just doing something wrong?

I just figured it out.

It's because of dates joined.

I never did gary abletts join date though...

Back to the drawing bored :(

you doing this for personal use or are you taking over the project? reason i ask is if jumpmachine is releasing future versions then all your work will go to waste

Personal use i guess.

Not heard anything from jupmachine though, and i have absolutley no idea when a future version will be out.

I want to try it out properly so im tampering with it a bit, im not worried about it going to waste.

It's pretty difficult getting a decent team for europe if you dont tweak the db.

can any one load the database as my keeps failing to load when it gets to the language.

qoute

Yeah there seems to be a problem with the languages, just unselect load all languages and it will be fine.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I have been away in Australia for the last 5 months and have been unable to do any more work on my database. However i return to the UK on Monday so i will be restarting work on the database. I'll complete the player histories, contracts, and other tweaks for the prem, then will start editing more clubs and adding more foreign players.

If anyone has any requests or suggestions feel free to let me know.

Rgds

Jupmachine.

Archived