If the Eduardo injured happened on FM...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by metropolistechnique:

I'm not quite sure why sirdez24's suggestion for more details on injuries has been met almost completely negatively. How come it be a bad thing?

In real life the commentators always try to give us some insight on the injury, as much as possible. This would only add to the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All we're saying is that the commentator doesn't know everything. It might filter back to him 10 mins later, which would be pointless by then. Commentator doesn't know where it's a dislocated shoulder or a bruised bellend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to offend Swarfega, but you are talking bowl locks. Commentators ALWAYS discuss the nature of an injury, watching the slow-mo replay they will ALWAYS talk about which part of the player has been hurt. We're just asking for a bit more colour commentary.

Sorry I'm just fed up with everyone being encouraged to suggest improvements for the game, then when anyone does they just get shouted down times and time again. sirdez's suggestion is clearly a good one that would only improve the game. The only way I know whether to take a player off or not is seeing how quick his condition goes down, which is obviously completely unrealistic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

This is something I've brought up before and something that should definitely be in the game.

In real life when a player gets injured the physio will run on and do his thing. If the player then stays on the pitch I doubt very much that the physio just wanders back over to the touchline without uttering a single word to the manager. The manager will want to know the extent of the injury and the risk of leaving his £15m, £60,000 per week player on the pitch.

The manager should absolutely know more about injuries, particularly 'green cross' ones, as and when they happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NAIL ON THE HEAD.

I just like the idea of being a bit more immersed during the actual match. As it is you don't really affect the match engine match (Except in the obvious way - tactics).

In real life, a 'Football Manager' (which we are) is at their most active during a game of football. I love the idea of (perhaps to one side on the screen) Physio and Assistment manager comments popping up and disappearing sporadically. You don't have to take any action but over time you would learn how sharp your asst. manager and physios were regarding tactics, specific player instructions, injuries etc.

Would bring a whole new wealth of depth to the match day experience.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa: Maybe Arsene should have given him 5 mins? See how he goes? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the problem with these prima donna footballers... Stuart Pearce would have run it off icon_wink.gif

yeh i got a good one

" holy smoly, his bobe is poking through his sock, he fu...."

or

" oh god im gonna faint thats disgusting"

or

(memory lane)

"i dont belive it, barthez is taking a slash on the pitch"

Back in the CM days, whenever the game went to tactics screen because of an injury, if you clicked on the player and viewed his profile it would say "awaiting treatment for......".

I agree that we need to have a better idea of the injury but not in the commentary. IMO SI have a track record of implementing things and it going over the top, remember when you'd get a player banned for a season every so often, of the infamous Markus Babbel virus. Same thing has happened with the questions about a player returning.

I don't want it to be part of the game and in doing so become annoying and frequent. If it was a scenario where the crosses were still in place but if we went to tactics screen clicked on the players name it would tell us what was wrong, then fair enough.

As for getting rid of the commentary, I am sick and tired of people proclaiming their views and thinking that SI should take note, and that everyone will agree with them. There are plenty of people who just use commentary and what should they do, stare at a blank screen?

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Back in the CM days, whenever the game went to tactics screen because of an injury, if you clicked on the player and viewed his profile it would say "awaiting treatment for......". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This made a triumphant return in the 8.0.2 patch guys. If a player suffers an injury during a match, click to his Profile and in the Injuries and Bans section it will say "potential -injury type-".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Philip Rolfe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Back in the CM days, whenever the game went to tactics screen because of an injury, if you clicked on the player and viewed his profile it would say "awaiting treatment for......". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This made a triumphant return in the 8.0.2 patch guys. If a player suffers an injury during a match, click to his Profile and in the Injuries and Bans section it will say "potential -injury type-". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hazaaaaaaa, I knew I hadn't imagined it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Philip Rolfe:

This made a triumphant return in the 8.0.2 patch guys. If a player suffers an injury during a match, click to his Profile and in the Injuries and Bans section it will say "potential -injury type-". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow, this is fantastic, didn't know before. XD

I find it sad that the game has a new feature in the patch and we have to learn about it ourselves. Anyone who doesn't stumble across this thread or decides to click on an injured player for any reason probably won't. Let's see how much of an idiot I look like if it was mentioned in the changelog. Tempted to look before clicking post but I'll be brave. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

Lol, Eduardo would not have got a green cross. I thought we were talking about that particular injury? Maybe Arsene should have given him 5 mins? See how he goes? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stuart Pearce tried to run off a broken leg. icon_biggrin.gif

You've just made my day icon_biggrin.gif

It's been doing my nut having to guess if it's a players ligaments or just a cut on his face, now we at least have a way of finding out.

I remember when I first took over at Real Madrid, Robinho was still there. But after a few games into the season, he broke his leg. It didnt say he broke his leg until after the game. It said that he was gonna be out for 6 months and that he may consider retiring because it seemed this injury would most likely end his career anyway.

He came back with only a few games left till the end of the season and when the next season started, he had a clean bill of health. Which is good because even though he was old, he still scored a hell of a lot (when he played).

Anyway, a few games into the second season, the exact same thing happened. He broke his leg in a match. After the match, same thing was said. He will be out for 6 months and he may consider retirng after a career threatning injury. He came back from injury but still decided to retire.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sirdez24:

What would the game commentary say? My guess is either. "He's signaling to the bench, it looks like his game is over" or "He's shaking his ead and calling to the bench".

Both give new meaning to the phrase "no sh*t sherlock".

Given we still haven't got any way of knowing what an injury is mid-match (which is ridiculous really), surely the commentary could give a bit more insight? If my player has broken a leg or injured knee ligaments, why doesn't the commentary say "that looked ugly, that may be his season" or something along those lines?

Just a random thought anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree, and I remember an earlier version told you in general what the injury was midmatch. You got like Arm injury, upper body injury, leg injury, head injury.

Don't know why they took it out of the game. Coz realisticly you know where the player is injured midmatch, but you don't know the extent of the injury until the player is examined.

This has probably been covered by now but I simply cba to go through the whole thread.

If a player has a green cross you can see what the potential injury is by going to his profile and it will say what his potential injury is. Like in old versions of CM.

Archived