Henry v RVN watch

wycombe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jerome:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raptor:

Wicom, there's no excuse this time.

Ruud's scored more goals

Ruud's done more for the team (who are still in it, I might add icon_razz.gif)

Ruud's considered the better STRIKER, and any other comparisons are useless, we're talking goals goals goals here.

95% probability of wrongness you say? icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With Makaay in the starting eleven we would've scored more I reckon, but thats all speculation, and what has Rudd done for the team? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

gotten you a point against Germany icon_confused.gif

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jerome:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raptor:

Wicom, there's no excuse this time.

Ruud's scored more goals

Ruud's done more for the team (who are still in it, I might add icon_razz.gif)

Ruud's considered the better STRIKER, and any other comparisons are useless, we're talking goals goals goals here.

95% probability of wrongness you say? icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With Makaay in the starting eleven we would've scored more I reckon, but thats all speculation, and what has Rudd done for the team? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got you to (at least) the 1/4 finals icon_confused.gif

the differnece between ruud and henry is rudd is a poacher he lives for goals, while henry has adimtted he enjoys assits as much as goals almost. The difference in this tournament is ruud has a huge will and desitre to suceed and take his nation forwards towards the final while henry looked in a mood and couldn't really care less what happened, but thats just my opinino to paraphrase rodney marsh.

hmmm

RVN, 4 Games 9/10 in each game, (I'm not reffering to football skills)

I'm quite disgusted. RVN has imence tallent... yet for the 4th game in a row he has persisted with diving in quite a flagrent fashion...

IMO he deserve a DGS and expulsion.

Ah yes, I forgot, RvN is the only player in the tournament so far guilty of simulation icon13.gif

He's not >>>> after all then icon_frown.gif

FFS, Ibrahimovic was just as guilty of it tonight, and yet I see no criticism of him anywhere,...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Ah yes, I forgot, RvN is the only player in the tournament so far guilty of simulation icon13.gif

FFS, Ibrahimovic was just as guilty of it tonight, and yet I see no criticism of him anywhere,... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ibrahimovic is a diving bitch, that better? At least he was booked for his dive though.

Ruud hasn't played especially well (missed a lot of chances the other night) but he has got goals and played better than Henry.

And all us Arsenal fans are devastated that Henry has to have a longer break and hasn't done it for France. Devastated.

I think this generation of French players needs a massive update. When they have all won both major international tournaments already, the hunger can't be as strong as before, at least thats how it seems.

And lets face facts, Baros >>>>>>>>> RVN

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ratinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

FFS, Ibrahimovic was just as guilty of it tonight, and yet I see no criticism of him anywhere,... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ibrahimovic is a diving bitch, that better? At least he was booked for his dive though.

Ruud hasn't played especially well (missed a lot of chances the other night) but he has got goals and played better than Henry.

And all us Arsenal fans are devastated that Henry has to have a longer break and hasn't done it for France. Devastated.

I think this generation of French players needs a massive update. When they have all won both major international tournaments already, the hunger can't be as strong as before, at least thats how it seems.

And lets face facts, Baros >>>>>>>>> RVN <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Makaay>>>>>>>>>>>* tho

If only Advocaat would acknowledge that..icon_frown.gif

So Wicom, tell me again, who scored more, and who's had a bigger influence on his country getting to the last 4? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Milan Baros. We've just said that.

icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wehave:

i thinks its funny people saying van nistelrooij dives alot but i never see them mentioning henry does dive alot also. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No where near as much though to be fair icon_biggrin.gif

Although interesting how the stance now being taken is "we don't care at least he gets more of a rest" icon_biggrin.gif

Henry just shows what the proper attitude should be when you win important things - "been there, done that". RvN, OTOH, wins only small, pathetic things.

Now hows that for a straw? icon_wink.gif

And I'm pretty sure this thread was done about fifteen years ago as Romario v Lineker.

Time for one last quip: Ruud is a born goalscorer. Get him outside the penalty box, however, and he takes a back seat to Heskey.

Put-downs are us. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Navy Blues:

Get him outside the penalty box, however, and he takes a back seat to Heskey. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL. A bit harsh there, eh?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Navy Blues:

Get him outside the penalty box, however, and he takes a back seat to Heskey.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you've seen him play, yeh?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wicom:

except the goal to keep a nations dreams alive. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that mean Henry needs a new head after his awful miss late on against Greece then? icon_confused.gif

A valiant effort by Ruud - 4 is a mighty impressive tally playing as part of a team that offers him little or no support.

And not only is Ruud >> Henry, but now Ronaldo = Henry too icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wicom:

except the goal to keep a nations dreams alive. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that mean Henry needs a new head after his awful miss late on against Greece then? icon_confused.gif

A valiant effort by Ruud - 4 is a mighty impressive tally playing as part of a team that offers him little or no support.

And not only is Ruud >> Henry, but now Ronaldo = Henry too icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wha??! little or no support?!

Do the names Robben and Van der Meyde, ring any bell??

Henry didn't even have as good service from Zidane and/or Pires as Ruud van horse-face did from Robben!

Like i said before, Henry had absolutly nothing to prove during the Euro.

He's done it before at club AND international level.

There's nothing else to it

Assuming that you speak for Henry(i don't believe you do but thats another thing), isn't that a rather w*nky attitude? icon_confused.gif

If he thinks "i've got nothing to prove, i've won everything i want to win", then surely he doesn't have the mentality of a legend in the making.

The best of the best were players with winner-mentality, players like Cruijff and Beckenbauer couldn't win enough.

If he thinks he has nothing to prove then he has everything to prove.

But i respect Thierry Henry and i'm convinced that he's the type of player that always wants to achieve more, not a luxury player as TCMH says icon_smile.gif

You can say some nasty things about Our Terry, but to call him a luxury player is a bit rich: I mean, the team is BUILT around him.

Oh, and Henry >>>>>>>>>>> Ruud. icon_wink.gif

This thread is getting far too adult and reasonable. So can I just say: Nya, nya nya-nya nya. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by They call me Henry:

Like i said before, Henry had absolutly nothing to prove during the Euro.

He's done it before at club AND international level.

There's nothing else to it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did he do anything at club level icon_confused.gif I hope you don't mean topscorer in the league with the worst defences? Or you mean him scoring 2 hattricks in 2 seasons (Roma, Inter) and doing absolutely nothing else in both years in the CL?

As soon as defences employ any tactical intelligence and don't play on one line so Henry can exploit his speed you see him for what he really is... a good player, nothing more but nothing less either.

RvN scored 2 offside goals, using the stupid new offside rule (esp. against the Czech Rep. was a travesty), a penalty and a good goal (Germany). Wasn't to be seen in either match past the group stages. Very unimpressive as well, but if you can't feed him balls in the 6-yard box he gets rather useless. He can't shoot from distance, he can't hold up the ball, he's a poor passer, the list goes on.

RvN is a great finisher but really... that's about it. But it's useful, not a very good player however a very solid striker. Makaay is clearly better though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheDuke v2:

and doing absolutely nothing else in both years in the CL?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

apart from being the 4th highest goalscorer in CL history you mean? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheDuke v2:

Very unimpressive as well, but if you can't feed him balls in the 6-yard box he gets rather useless. He can't shoot from distance, he can't hold up the ball, he's a poor passer, the list goes on.

RvN is a great finisher but really... that's about it. But it's useful, not a very good player however a very solid striker. Makaay is clearly better though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be watching football with your eyes closed it you think RvN can't hold the ball up. That's one of his strongest assets, and why he can play the lone striker role for Man United and for Holland. He's done it well this tournament, often spreading play out to the wings.

So even if he's 'only' a great finisher, how is that negative? Putting the ball in the net is the most valuable commodity in football. Were Gerd Muller, Gary Lineker or Ian Rush not very good players either?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

He's done it well this tournament

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So even if he's 'only' a great finisher, how is that negative? Putting the ball in the net is the most valuable commodity in football. Were Gerd Muller, Gary Lineker or Ian Rush not very good players either? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did I say it's negative? It's only that Makaay can do what RvN can... and Makaay can do what RvN can't. He's the better striker and should be in the Dutch squad in favour of RvN.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ooh aah ray parlour:

so their both rubbish? icon_confused.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both very good players but not the best strikers in the world. Let alone the best players.

And they aren't comparable either, too different.

and doing absolutely nothing else in both years in the CL?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

apart from being the 4th highest goalscorer in CL history you mean? icon_confused.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You probably mean his MASSIVE 4 goals in the knockout phase? Or his MASSIVE strike rate in the last 2 years icon_wink.gif

CL stats

My point was to have proven yourself you have to make goals when it matters (knockout phases), not in group rounds.

Archived