Henry v RVN watch

wycombe

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James M:

Oh. Dear. God.

Please don't tell me I spelt "Czech" "Chech" icon_redface.gificon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Always something that you didn't call them Czechoslovakia icon_smile.gif

I'm sorry but haven't they both been really average so far?

Ruud's scored 4 playing ok, and Henry's scored 2 playing very average, all against some very weak opposition (the Czech's excluded, but they only count for one goal).

And anyway, playing with the 4-3-3 suits Ruud as he is getting plenty of balls across the 6-yard box. I would expect him to be top scorer (if they get past the next round), but Henry is the much more likely to go home with another winners medal.

And as an aside, as a strong goal poacher:

Ruud >>> Henry

But as an all round player:

Henry >>>>>>>> Ruud

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ratinho:

I'm sorry but haven't they both been really average so far?

Ruud's scored 4 playing ok, and Henry's scored 2 playing very average, all against some very weak opposition (the Czech's excluded, but they only count for one goal).

And anyway, playing with the 4-3-3 suits Ruud as he is getting plenty of balls across the 6-yard box. I would expect him to be top scorer (if they get past the next round), but Henry is the much more likely to go home with another winners medal.

And as an aside, as a strong goal poacher:

Ruud >>> Henry

But as an all round player:

Henry >>>>>>>> Ruud <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree with that totally.

I think that Ruud is overall a more lethal finisher and goalmouth predator, but Henry is a superior overall footballer.

Not really mate. I think the Dutch 4-3-3 system suits Ruud more than the French system suits Henry. If it just came down to superior quality then this thread would be irrelevant because twice double winner, World Cup and Euro Championship Winner Thierry Henry would just be ahead. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ratinho:

Not really mate. I think the Dutch 4-3-3 system suits Ruud more than the French system suits Henry. If it just came down to superior quality then this thread would be irrelevant because twice double winner, World Cup and Euro Championship Winner Thierry Henry would just be ahead. icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a neutral, non-French, non-Dutch, non-Arse, non-Manure observer, there is no comparison - Henry is world-class, RVN is just class.

-----

Euro 2004 FanBlog

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HerbertS:

Not really mate. I think the Dutch 4-3-3 system suits Ruud more than the French system suits Henry. If it just came down to superior quality then this thread would be irrelevant because twice double winner, World Cup and Euro Championship Winner Thierry Henry would just be ahead. icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a neutral, non-French, non-Dutch, non-Arse, non-Manure observer, there is no comparison - Henry is world-class, RVN is just class.

-----

http://www.footieblog.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the very fact that you're using the term ManUre erodes your credibility as a "neutral observer" icon14.gif

By comparing players on trophies won, Ole Solskjaer is ten times the striker that Alan Shearer is.

Do you think that is correct? Because I sure dont.......... icon_wink.gif

I don't think Henry has anything to prove anymore.

The only reason that so far he hasn't shown as much as he would with Arsenal is because of team settings; it's baltantly obvious (tiredness might complicate things a lil bit too).

In the french team, you got players like Zidane & Trezeguet who are expected to do just as well as Henry.

At Arsenal, the whole team plays for Henry; he's THE key player.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by They call me Henry:

I don't think Henry has anything to prove anymore.

The only reason that so far he hasn't shown as much as he would with Arsenal is because of team settings; it's baltantly obvious (tiredness might complicate things a lil bit too).

In the french team, you got players like Zidane & Trezeguet who are expected to do just as well as Henry.

At Arsenal, the whole team plays for Henry; he's THE key player. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Along with Pires, Vieira and Campbell, you mean?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James07?:

So, should the thread be changed to 'RvN watch' now? icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Henry can do the watching

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James07?:

So, should the thread be changed to 'RvN watch' now? icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that will be a one day only name change then icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James M:

Amazing how Wicom hasn't posted yet.....icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wicom:

that will be a one day only name change then icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

if you're going to try and join in the banter at least make it factually correct, else you look like a silly billy.

Wicom, there's no excuse this time.

Ruud's scored more goals

Ruud's done more for the team (who are still in it, I might add icon_razz.gif)

Ruud's considered the better STRIKER, and any other comparisons are useless, we're talking goals goals goals here.

95% probability of wrongness you say? icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raptor:

Wicom, there's no excuse this time.

Ruud's scored more goals

Ruud's done more for the team (who are still in it, I might add icon_razz.gif)

Ruud's considered the better STRIKER, and any other comparisons are useless, we're talking goals goals goals here.

95% probability of wrongness you say? icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With Makaay in the starting eleven we would've scored more I reckon, but thats all speculation, and what has Rudd done for the team?

Archived