• English Premier Division Data discussion

Ed Hewison
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the English Premier Division.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful to others opinions and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff
    23 hours ago, KindleFire2 said:

For the Wolverhampton Wanderer's Database, shouldn't there be injuries for Raul Jimenez and Sasa Kaladjzic? Also, the Pedro Neto injury happened recently but is also quite a major one as well. 

Thanks for your input @KindleFire2.  All three of those injuries happened in September or later, and as such the players will not start FM2023 with an injury.  The injuries have been detailed in the database.

• SI Staff
    On 21/10/2022 at 21:05, LyradWag said:

Matheus Nunes' 50th league appearance fee seems to be the wrong way round. It's listed as a £425k payment to Wolves themselves instead of Sporting. 

Thanks very much @LyradWag - that specific clause had indeed been set incorrectly.  I've sorted it.

Billy Gilmour (Brighton) is should have his brother added to his favoured personnel - Harvey Gilmour at Kilmarnock (2000203025).

Edited by Yer Maw

A few months into my save, Mikel Arteta has been sacked as manager of Arsenal and not too long after was appointed the manager of...Stoke City.

Would suggest that his reputation may perhaps be a bit low?

I think Alex Iwobi's passing and vision attributes could use a second look. His attributes currently have him not among even the best passers at Everton (even Pickford is a significantly better passer in the game), yet as the attached fbref screenshot shows, he is among the best creative passers in the Premier League. He can dribble, but I don't think his dribbling attribute should be that much higher than his passing. It really doesn't seem like his in game version is the same player who has really become a key player for Everton since moving to central midfield. Even when he was at Arsenal, he was best playing as an attacking midfielder whose vision and technique in playing passes was his greatest skill. It would greatly increase my enjoyment of the game if his passing and vision and perhaps other attributes were reevaluated, as it doesn't seem like there has been any change from 2022, when he was not seen as a midfielder at all.

Screenshot (1318).png

Screenshot (1319).png

Screenshot (1323).png

• SI Staff
    3 hours ago, wep08a said:

I think Alex Iwobi's passing and vision attributes could use a second look. His attributes currently have him not among even the best passers at Everton (even Pickford is a significantly better passer in the game), yet as the attached fbref screenshot shows, he is among the best creative passers in the Premier League. He can dribble, but I don't think his dribbling attribute should be that much higher than his passing. It really doesn't seem like his in game version is the same player who has really become a key player for Everton since moving to central midfield. Even when he was at Arsenal, he was best playing as an attacking midfielder whose vision and technique in playing passes was his greatest skill. It would greatly increase my enjoyment of the game if his passing and vision and perhaps other attributes were reevaluated, as it doesn't seem like there has been any change from 2022, when he was not seen as a midfielder at all.

Screenshot (1318).png

Screenshot (1319).png

Screenshot (1323).png

Thanks @wep08a - your input will be taken into account.

• SI Staff
    7 hours ago, BenW. said:

A few months into my save, Mikel Arteta has been sacked as manager of Arsenal and not too long after was appointed the manager of...Stoke City.

Would suggest that his reputation may perhaps be a bit low?

Thanks @BenW. - that does sound a bit odd - he looks pretty well rated, to me.  However, I have now boosted Arteta's reputation and ability, a bit.

• SI Staff
    10 hours ago, Yer Maw said:

Billy Gilmour (Brighton) is missing should have his brother added to his favoured personnel - Harvey Gilmour at Kilmarnock (2000203025).

Thanks very much @Yer Maw - sorted.

• SI Staff
    12 hours ago, AxFairy said:

Carney Chukwuemeka is listed as being Austrian, where he is currently a youth player for England

Hi @AxFairy - Chukwuemeka is eligible for England, Nigeria, and Austria.  Looking at his profile, in-game, he is listed as English.  His third nationality is set as Austria, and although he is currently a youth player for England, it would still be possible for him to represent Austria at senior international level.

Think this has been mentioned a couple times but Saka’s 9 strength is egregious.  Full backs consistently bounce off him. They can’t match him from a physical perspective. Probably the one of the best wingers at shielding the ball before bursting past the full back. Literally his go to move.

• SI Staff
    On 21/10/2022 at 19:18, Wrennie1919 said:

Leeds young GK Dani van deb Huevel was involved in a serious car crash (confirmed by Jesse Marsch before the first game in his press conference) but doesn't start injured (12:20 in the video)

Thanks, @Wrennie1919 - I've added that injury to the database.

• SI Staff
    On 21/10/2022 at 16:32, testing12345 said:

Just a few minor things I noted with Villa's backroom staff setup:

Jeremy Oliver is listed as a scout: he is Villa's performance director, which is probably the closest thing Villa have to a technical director. His contract is also much more fitting of a technical director, considering he gets paid £10k per week! (Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-steven-gerrard-staff-22190918)

On the other hand, Frederik Leth is listed as Villa's technical director. His role at Villa is 'Head of Football Research': or head of data analytics. This probably fits Performance/Recruitment Analyst a lot better than Technical Director (Source: https://trainingground.guru/articles/villa-head-to-copenhagen-again-for-new-head-of-research)

Nick Haycock is down as a scout for Villa, but he is "Head of Technical and Player Development". Judging from the job description in the source (leading coaching throughout Villa's academy setup), the closest role in the game to his job would be as U21 coach. If the case, £10k p/w might be a little high! (Source: https://trainingground.guru/articles/haycock-leaves-premier-league-to-join-aston-villa)

Thanks @testing12345 - those are sensible suggestions for job titles that don't exactly fit what is available in the database.

• SI Staff
    On 21/10/2022 at 15:05, Mush1983 said:

mark beeney (id:2003448) chelsea scout is down to retire 30/6/22 dont no if this is intended just seems a bit strange to have some retiring so quick 

Thanks @Mush1983 - Beeney is retiring from "hands-on role", rather than retiring altogether.  Based on this:

image.png.e0e41f8dbde71d4ce2fdade6e2d543d7.png

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-beeney-04b592a1/?originalSubdomain=uk

• SI Staff
    On 21/10/2022 at 13:49, sigurthor8 said:

Liverpool

Anfield is missing it 61000 stadium expansion that is suppose to be finish by 2024.

Thanks @sigurthor8 - I'm afraid that stadium expansions that had been added in the database were not working properly in the beta.  This has now been sorted.