• [MATCH ENGINE 22.2.0.0] Forwards do not go towards the goal

Sparacello
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Min 94.59: 

Osimhen has various solutions but always chooses the same...

I'm losing the will to play!!!

Immagine5.jpg

Sparta Prague - Napoli.pkm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

20 horas atrás, dias disse:

2 months and no sight of them fixing this, nice

This is pretty ridiculous, man... And the company acts like nothing is happening: no feedback (unless you complain here in the forums), no public apologies to the loyals fans of this game for release a broken game. (it was even more broken with the possession problem, before first patch)... I'm very disappointed

The way the match engine works at the moment is bad... Strikers and wingers not going towards the goal and afraid to score is ridiculous, as well as inverted wingers not cutting inside... Mo Salah acting like a winger, running to the corner and crossing or passing back most of the time is ridiculous.

I have no joy to play the game at the moment. I went back to FM 21... The match engine in the previous versions is muth more diverse and close to real football than FM22 match engine

PS.: sorry by my poor english

Edited by GutoAK

This is a bit backwards but I've had a lot of luck playing with inverted wingers and inside forwards on the side of their preferred foot. For example... a right footed inside forward playing AMR or left footed inside forward AML. 

It appears that players are much more comfortable shooting across goal when they are on the side of their preferred foot. Not particularly realistic but if you're trying to get the best out of your inside forward or inverted winger, give it a go. :)

Edited by jdmk88

FM has had problems with this and similar related matters since FM20. The main issue was crossing where a high (too high) proportion of crosses were deflected out of play for a corner. It was boringly predictable. FM20 was never fixed

Many  FM players waited with great anticipation for FM21 that this would be fixed. It wasn't. It was claimed to be 'under review' but never revised. I got into trouble with one of the moderators for being very critical - no big deal but it showed the way that SI games resist negative comments.

When FM22 came out I waited and saw more positive things in the forums so I bought it. Disappointingly, the problem is solved mainly by the winger or whoever, turning back and passing back. Wingers don't do that. They don't wait until a defender gets close and then turn back or kick it at the defender. They cross it early if they cannot dribble round.

The problem mentioned here is  very similar with strikers and midfielders approaching goal then veering off the the wings and following the behaviour mentioned above. They don't do that. They run at the defence and take the defender on or lay the ball off to another  player going forward.

We cannot expect FM to emulate FIFA in its graphics quality or precisely simulate a real football match but we can expect better than the issues mentioned on this thread. No amount of tinkering around with using players on the opposite foot to the side of the pitch they are playing or adjusting player instructions, can make up for these match engine deficiencies. 

I would just love a conversation with the developers!!!!!!

Come on SI games give us an update; communicate with us.

Ok, so see how many times it happens in real life. It happens a lot too.

Most players go where they are free. Meaning, that many of them will not choose the obvious option which is following the same path you see in FM. Only highly technical and amazing 1 vs 1 players will take those routes you want.

Yes there is room for improvement, but this is a behavior that happens on most leagues where the players mostly don't have the quality of the Premier League players.

I started comparing Championship teams and Portuguease Division 1 (I am Portuguese) and found out that all Championship teams are better than Portuguese teams (except Benfica, Porto, Sporting and Braga).

Most of the First Division players are at the same level as league one players...so it is very easy to see those patterns you put in red in real life in the Portuguese league, and they really happen that way. I agree when the players are really good, like having the likes of De Bruyne or others at that quality level or above (Messi, Neymar, Vlahovic etc) those things shouldn't happen as much, but in lower leagues, it happens quite a lot...

It is not about quality of players, I have seen a typical FM-Play in Bundesliga Match from Kevin Schade. Dragging out play, cutting it back to open up a shooting opportunity for a team mate. Unlike FM his Teammate then took a shot.

Later on this very game, Schade had scored a goal in a very untypical way for FM, but a very typical way for real highclass football. He ran onto a flick on, got one touch where he controlled and progressed the ball towards goal, followed by a second touch, which was a hard but controlled low shot into the back of the net.

Edited by b2khn

Kyle Brown

To say what you have just said on 26th January is an update in itself so thankyou. To know that you have been testing and made good progress is a massive step forward compared to the last two FMs where I felt completely let down by SI. This is a major problem. I watch real English football every week and yes some players will run wide but most often players who are in a central position, will attack the defence head on, especially if they are good attacking players, and would not even consider breaking to the goal line (end line) either side of the goal and then turning the ball back in the way they do on FM22.

Thankyou for your honest update.

Edited by nala
    spelling

I'm new in this forums, but man, I just can't believe whats is happening with this game right now. We are around 3 months past from release date and we still have a broken game and, like I said in my post before, the company acts like nothing is happening. There are a lot of guys that buy this game year after year, even with very little new features, and this guys deserve respect. SI keeps interacting with players throught social media doing surveys, asking about save ideas, etc, but I didn't see ANY APOLOGIES for this whole mess. I went back to FM21 because the new game is unplayable at the moment... There is no reason to keep buying this game year after year.

I'm not surprised by the fact that the company put the players to test most of the erros / bugs after release the game - most of the companies do the same thing, it is the new normal in the game's world - but in this case the game is still broken with some big issues (IWs not cutting inside and forwards running to the corners most of the time instead of running towards the goal). 

The fan base of this game is small when compared with Fifa or PES (rip PES) and this way it will only decrease. There is soooooo much potencial in this game and SI looks like a player with CA 140 and PA 200, but with Determination 3 and Ambition 4.

Edited by GutoAK

• Administrators

I appreciate it's been a long time coming, but we've made some changes in the just-released Winter update. 

Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Thank you all for the patience, and apologies once again for letting this one slip past release day. 

4 hours ago, raiseurdwongers said:

For me, still seeing IF/IW go wide and not taking on their man. 

I am seeing this more now than before the update. The worst part is that they are passing back from impossible places.

the complain was attacking players do not attempt to dribble at defenders and even try to win a 1v1 .... all the winter patch did was increase the amount of through balls but they still wont try to dribble at all

how to try this? ... pick psg put neymar messi and mbape as front 3 ... watch them avoid dribbling past defenders at all costs every game.

hace 15 minutos, kertiek dijo:

the complain was attacking players do not attempt to dribble at defenders and even try to win a 1v1 .... all the winter patch did was increase the amount of through balls but they still wont try to dribble at all

how to try this? ... pick psg put neymar messi and mbape as front 3 ... watch them avoid dribbling past defenders at all costs every game.

Same feelings.

They cut inside a bit more, but rarely try to dribble defenders.

IF/IW too much passing, too little dribbling...

Definitely these roles are the worst of ME22

Edited by david_kax

FM20 and 21 really let me down with the match engine, to the point where i stopped playing after a couple of months. 

Had really high hopes for FM22 with the BETA but the longer i play the more i see the same old broken match engine with issues like the ones described in this thread. You get to the point where you've created a tactic that dominates the match, only to see strikers who won't shoot, inside forwards that pass outside to the full back or inside to a midfielder... and do nothing to suggest being an inside forwards. Might as well call that role and inside backward because it contributes absolute jack.

When players do get in to the box to get on the end of crosses, they head at goal from the penalty spot or even the 18 yard box even though knocking it down for another player in the box will result in more chance of a goal... might as well just pass it back to their keeper because it's completely pointless.

Attacking play in the last 3 stretching to 4 versions of FM has been completely underwhelming. Not sure how long i can keep hoping this match engine will get better, because it's getting worse in different ways year on year. The engine doesn't look good to watch nor does it feel good to watch.

Also not sure how many more years i can give this game (match engine). It's going backwards, consistently.

Edited by Passion Fruit

look at these stats 11 dribbles  ... just 6 from neymar .. all of them are dribbling away from the goal and the only one inside the box and is a failed cross

image.thumb.png.b2a08d7ca5f1ca2b0ec2a28fc5bc456f.png

match:

Yorkie City v Paris SG.pkm

tactic:

image.png.d3fe05755c6547d468dbad4628d2d6c8.png

neither of neymar, mbappe or messi can even attempt to win an 1vs1 and shoot at goal playing against a low tier team in versus mode.

so no, dribbling is not working at all as it was in previous versions of the game,

Edited by kertiek

On 24/02/2022 at 16:16, Kyle Brown said:

I appreciate it's been a long time coming, but we've made some changes in the just-released Winter update. 

Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Thank you all for the patience, and apologies once again for letting this one slip past release day. 

Kyle

You asked for feedback. I can see much improvement in that players when attacking no longer run from a good position to a bad one on the bye line as much as they did before and that they now attack more directly. Crossing appears better too. Its a been a long time coming though as FM 19 to 21 all contained a similar issue.

Some people in these posts are saying that there should be more dribbling and this is a point I can agree with. However progress has been made in FM22.

Having said all this, it is quite ironic that after FM19 to FM22 we are now saying things are becoming better. This is after many players have paid out £35+ in each of those 4 years before we are now seeing improvements that many have been shouting for since Jan 2019. I just wish SI would take more notice of us. The game should be 'good' before it is released. Many of us feel we are dismissed and that our comments are undervalued by SI and feel that we are not listened to. I personally have been 'reprimanded' by one moderator, something I totally reject, for saying you were not keeping us up to date, telling us things are under review only to find there are no changes made and much more.

I do sometimes wonder who tests the products and whether they are 'real players' like the many who have commented in this thread. I would just love a conversation with the developers.

Anyhow I do think its congratulations to SI for getting this almost right now. Thank you.

yeah you all should report bugs which are they dont think to repair... from many big bugs are 3 month from posting, there is no update, they are working on fm 2023 lol...

kyle

Still, inside forwards and inverted wingers are afraid of dribbling. 
    Is it because there is no animation for dribbling? 
    Especially when counterattacking, there's always a good space, but I don't dribble and go to the side and cross it.
     I get angry because the obvious pattern continues. 
    Please fix it in the final patch.

On 06/03/2022 at 09:00, csw4228 said:

kyle

Still, inside forwards and inverted wingers are afraid of dribbling. 
    Is it because there is no animation for dribbling? 
    Especially when counterattacking, there's always a good space, but I don't dribble and go to the side and cross it.
     I get angry because the obvious pattern continues. 
    Please fix it in the final patch.

I come here from final patch not fixed yet  LOL 

wait for FM23