• Extinct clubs in the database cannot be added as playable

Sangue Blu
    • Public Status: Under Review Other: azerbaijan.fmf Files Uploaded: Other

I wanted to bring back extinct clubs to the lower leagues, I did everything as in previous versions of the editor (I have a lot of experience) and even though there are clubs in the league, the editor states that there are no clubs in it. Therefore, the league cannot be added to the national rules. I checked everything multiple times. Could you please check it?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'll second this - I tried the same things as Sangue Blu (I transported forward a db file I used last year that worked in FM 23) and when I tried to add the leagues to the cups the extinct teams were missing. It also lists a lower # of teams in the league rule sections than I assigned in the db portion. I'm attaching the db file so you can take a look - specifically you can look at the USL1 East and Western Conferences to see what I'm talking about. 

USA - Test1.fmf

I had this same problem. A solution that seems to work is manually filling in the "Nation" field. Even though it looks like it is filled automatically when you uncheck the extinct box, I don't think the editor is actually recognizing the team has having a "nation"

Edit: I've just tried this fix for some other clubs and it didn't work. I have no idea why it works for some and not others. Additionally, some formerly-extinct clubs can be added as playable without any problems, so that's another thing that seemingly doesn't affect all clubs.

Edited by bold013hades

Nope!  Still nothing you can't add extinct teams...  Almost the entire pre game editor is broken!  SI let's get err fixed, the editor is my favorite part of the game!

15 minutes ago, bold013hades said:

I had this same problem. A solution that seems to work is manually filling in the "Nation" field. Even though it looks like it is filled automatically when you uncheck the extinct box, I don't think the editor is actually recognizing the team has having a "nation"

2 minutes ago, Joel Micallef said:

Nope!  Still nothing you can't add extinct teams...  Almost the entire pre game editor is broken!  SI let's get err fixed, the editor is my favorite part of the game!

Yeah, I spoke way too soon. This fix worked for about half a dozen clubs I tested and now it's not working at all. Something is seriously broken. Super frustrating

15 minutes ago, Joel Micallef said:

it is not good finding things that were reported last year too not fixed

Can confirm also with the Romanian Teams. The extinct ones do not work in the cups. They work in the league without any issue, but not in the National Cup and League Cup.

11 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for flagging this to us, we will investigate further. 

Hello Zach,

Quick update, even if you work around the system by run testing every "extinct" team and then run test also the nation in which the extinct teams appear say "Saint Barthelemy" and it catches the extinct teams as reborn.  You can test your rules and they'll pass in the pre game editor but when trying to load a "New career" with the file that passed in the pre game editor it crashes the game as it's loading the data base.  In the past versions all you had to do was click the "extinct" even without the testing and the extinct teams would be playable sans testing.  I'll include a copy of the file below as a test for you to see.

Many thanks

Saint Barthélemy.fmf

A solution I found for this problem, until it was resolved, was:

I took the extinct club and made it available, defining its division and making all other adjustments. After that, I doubled that club. If you do this, you will notice in the nation's rules that the extinct club and the duplicate club automatically appear. So, I put the duplicate club as extinct and problem solved.

But in fact, SI needs to fix this

1 hour ago, Ringoparker said:

For me it was solved. 

Randomly. @Zachary Whyte can you confirm SI fixed the issue?

I did not do anything, so 100% it was SI. Right?

I'm still having issues with extinct teams. Are teams that were previously unplayable now playable for you or did you just try to activate an extinct team and it's playable? I'm asking because it seems like this bug only affects some extinct teams. I have a 24 team division where 7 of the teams were formerly extince. 5/7 of those teams are playable. I don't know why the other two aren't

@bold013hades

Both.

What I did was create a new team, added it in the league I want (swapped with one extinct team) and when I tried to add the league to the cup format, I saw I had 20 teams from that league. It ment that the other 3 that I added, who were extinct, became available.

Then swapped again the new team with the extinct one and it worked. Tested the rules, all valid, tested the database in the game, and it workes.

So I reckon they updated the editor and fixed it?

It just randomly started to work for me.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, Sangue Blu said:

It's not fixed and there were no update since Wednesday.

5 hours ago, Ringoparker said:

@bold013hades

Both.

What I did was create a new team, added it in the league I want (swapped with one extinct team) and when I tried to add the league to the cup format, I saw I had 20 teams from that league. It ment that the other 3 that I added, who were extinct, became available.

Then swapped again the new team with the extinct one and it worked. Tested the rules, all valid, tested the database in the game, and it workes.

So I reckon they updated the editor and fixed it?

It just randomly started to work for me.

Cheers.

Nothings been changed!  Smaller leagues you can even move none extinct teams from unusable (Lower leagues) "Sint Maarten" to the Top Division without it crashing the game upon loading the database!

-Uniforms

-Team Data

-Extinct teams

-League changes

All broken, so far it's all that I found.  The bummer is I get as much enjoyment in the Editor as I do in game!

WE NEED A HOTFIX ASAP

15 hours ago, Ringoparker said:

For me it was solved. 

Randomly. @Zachary Whyte can you confirm SI fixed the issue?

I did not do anything, so 100% it was SI. Right?

There has been no update to this, so  it isn't fixed.

2 hours ago, Joel Micallef said:

Nothings been changed!  Smaller leagues you can even move none extinct teams from unusable (Lower leagues) "Sint Maarten" to the Top Division without it crashing the game upon loading the database!

-Uniforms
    -Team Data
    -Extinct teams
    -League changes

All broken, so far it's all that I found.  The bummer is I get as much enjoyment in the Editor as I do in game!

WE NEED A HOTFIX ASAP

Don't yell. Thank you.

12 hours ago, Joel Micallef said:

-Uniforms

-Team Data

-Extinct teams

-League changes

WE NEED A HOTFIX ASAP

Really odd. What league are you working on?

I've attached a few pictures.

The extinct teams I've reactivated are Chinezul and Venus. Both were extinct before WW2.

Here are them in the league, but mostly in the created League Cup and edited Romanian Cup.

As I mentioned above, It randomly started working. What I did was create a new club called Chinezul and then everything started to work. Just one club. Then I swapped the new club with the old one and it still worked.

Started to work on Wednesday after the update.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by Ringoparker

7 hours ago, Ringoparker said:

Really odd. What league are you working on?

I've attached a few pictures.

The extinct teams I've reactivated are Chinezul and Venus. Both were extinct before WW2.

Here are them in the league, but mostly in the created League Cup and edited Romanian Cup.

As I mentioned above, It randomly started working. What I did was create a new club called Chinezul and then everything started to work. Just one club. Then I swapped the new club with the old one and it still worked.

Started to work on Wednesday after the update.

Never needed to do this in the past.  I'm working on North American leagues for my world file!

What does that mean sorry? Is there a changelist or patch notes anywhere to know what is and isn't fixed?

22 minutes ago, Sangue Blu said:

It seems that the custom files are fixed after today's update and do not throw errors, but extinct clubs are still not playable.

17 hours ago, Sangue Blu said:

It seems that the custom files are fixed after today's update and do not throw errors, but extinct clubs are still not playable.

I really think the extinct club issues is just for some countries.

As I posted above, I can play them. My whole league database is based on extinct clubs.

Has anyone gotten this to work after the most recent update? I changelist says this bug has been fixed, but I'm still getting the exact same issue after I updated FM24, the pregame editor, and after reverifying the rules of a database I'm working on. The editor allows me to verify my database with formerly extinct clubs in my leagues, but I'm not able to start a save with my database because there aren't enough teams in one of my leagues. I've attached a screenshot showing the error I get.

Extinct clubs error.PNG