• English Premier Division Data [Discussion]

Kyle Brown
    • Public Status: Announcement Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the English Premier Division.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful to others opinions and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Staff

I'm managing Manchester UFC and I've noticed a few different things with staff members that I think need to be looked at.

• Justin Cochrane (Coach - Brentford)

I tried to hire him as a Coach but he says "I'm not prepared to work for Man UFC due to the club's rivalry with Arsenal". This doesn't make sense as he was an Under 18s Coach at Tottenham from 2013-2017, then an Under 23s Assistant Manager at Tottenham from 2017-2018, then an Under 23s Coach at Man UFC from 2021-2022.

• Ryan Garry (Coach - Unemployed)

I tried to hire him as an Under 21s or Under 18s staff member, but he only wants to be a Coach. This doesn't make sense as he's currently the England Under 18s Manager in real life, so he should be willing to take on either Under 21s or Under 18s staff member roles in game.

• Paul Mitchell (Director of Football - Unemployed)

I tried to hire him as a Director of Football but he says "I'm not interested in joining Man UFC as there isn't a job that interests me". This doesn't make sense as I've managed to hire him at other English Premier Division clubs with lower reputation. Also, he is constantly linked to Man UFC in real life and is strongly linked as i'm writing this.

1 hour ago, Clazza said:

Staff

I'm managing Manchester UFC and I've noticed a few different things with staff members that I think need to be looked at.

• Justin Cochrane (Coach - Brentford)

I tried to hire him as a Coach but he says "I'm not prepared to work for Man UFC due to the club's rivalry with Arsenal". This doesn't make sense as he was an Under 18s Coach at Tottenham from 2013-2017, then an Under 23s Assistant Manager at Tottenham from 2017-2018, then an Under 23s Coach at Man UFC from 2021-2022.

• Ryan Garry (Coach - Unemployed)

I tried to hire him as an Under 21s or Under 18s staff member, but he only wants to be a Coach. This doesn't make sense as he's currently the England Under 18s Manager in real life, so he should be willing to take on either Under 21s or Under 18s staff member roles in game.

• Paul Mitchell (Director of Football - Unemployed)

I tried to hire him as a Director of Football but he says "I'm not interested in joining Man UFC as there isn't a job that interests me". This doesn't make sense as I've managed to hire him at other English Premier Division clubs with lower reputation. Also, he is constantly linked to Man UFC in real life and is strongly linked as i'm writing this.

Probably worth raising in the following forum

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/club-vision-supporter-confidence-manager-staff-appointments/

There's nothing set in the data to stop them being interested in joining MUFC to my knowledge.

@Nick OGS20 hey nick, good job on the Manchester united data. Just a question on the debt. In game the debt is being paid off very quickly and my debt servicing is at 162m per year. In the recent annual accounts, we are not paying any of the debt off just servicing the debt interest at 21m p.a. 

I know this was the same in previous FM's but is there not a case for, if the game is going to make you pay off the debt, to extend some of the service dates?

• SI Staff
    On 28/10/2023 at 23:24, jonnyfresh said:

@Nick OGS20 hey nick, good job on the Manchester united data. Just a question on the debt. In game the debt is being paid off very quickly and my debt servicing is at 162m per year. In the recent annual accounts, we are not paying any of the debt off just servicing the debt interest at 21m p.a. 

I know this was the same in previous FM's but is there not a case for, if the game is going to make you pay off the debt, to extend some of the service dates?

Thanks very much @jonnyfresh - I will look into this.

• SI Staff
    9 hours ago, Baines said:

Jarrad Branthwaite needs a big boost in attributes. He has been a stand out at Everton.  

Thanks for your input @Baines - Branthwaite has certainly had a good start to the season.  He was reviewed thoroughly following his season at PSV, and we will be undertaking another in-depth review in January.  How is he performing in-game for you (I am guessing that you have been playing FM as Everton manager)?

• SI Staff
    On 28/10/2023 at 21:55, magpie1892 said:

Thank you @magpie1892 - at the time of datalock the only evidence that we had for the away kit socks was the Brighton match at the Amex, and Newcastle wore white socks for that match.  I had checked the online club shop, and the green socks that are evident, now, are recent additions.

On 26/10/2023 at 15:04, Pete Sottrel said:

Thanks @Velibor

Luke Harris - I will amend that in the database.

Andreas Pereira - Fulham researcher is happy with his evaluation: " His performances declined towards the end of last season and, especially with the signing of Alex Iwobi, he's no longer an automatic starter."

Bobby Decordova-Reid - "BDR's RB/RWB ability could be moved down yes, but I don't think it's absolutely essential. He played there for 5-10 games last year and did well and has covered there again this season."  We will review again for the winter update.

Harrison Reed - it's true that an eye test suggests that he may not be as tall as 1.81m, but that is what the vast majority of sources state.  It's a tricky one.

Nathan Gardiner and Goncalo Pedro - "I can find no evidence that Nathan Gardiner has departed the club (and his LinkedIn profile suggests he's still there). However, I can confirm that Goncalo Pedro is a fitness coach."

Any changes that we make in the database will be evident in FM in a future update.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the answer, Pete.

• SI Staff
    On 27/10/2023 at 21:41, llama3 said:

Declan Rice is suspended for my first 2 x UCL games - he hasn't had any kind of carry over ban from UEL with West Ham in real life... I haven't played a UCL game yet for him to pick up a card

Apologies @llama3 - this is an error involving legacy data from the previous season.  It has been fixed in the database, and that fix will be evident in a future update.

• Administrators
    On 27/10/2023 at 15:29, ajw10 said:

I wasn't told anything.

I just want to know whether it has an actual impact on finances because if it does, I won't play this save :D I'm not asking for info on when it'll be fixed, just what the bug actually impacts.

I don't think I am asking for too much.

Afraid it does have an impact on finances currently. We've been working hard internally since this was first raised to us to find a solution which we'll hopefully release asap. It's not strictly a data issue though, if we could instead keep this thread on topic going forward, please!

• SI Staff
    On 27/10/2023 at 13:52, mrdorf said:

Youssef Chermiti  of Everton is the wrong colour. He should be black not white.

Thanks for that, @mrdorf, and apologies for this issue.

The choices from the database "skin tone indicator" do not always correspond as desired to the appearance of characters in the match engine.  This has been exacerbated by match engine lighting improvements, made this year. We will make sure that there is improved liaison between the Art and Database teams to make sure researchers are able to better reflect reality with the tools available, as this disconnect is the most likely source of any issues we’re seeing in the game.

7 hours ago, Pete Sottrel said:

Apologies @llama3 - this is an error involving legacy data from the previous season.  It has been fixed in the database, and that fix will be evident in a future update.

Will the Arsenal Records data be fixed for the release?

On 21/10/2023 at 17:30, swansongs said:

He doesn't have a value set for Determination in the database, so that 4 is just an unfortunate random result in your save.

Hey, so I thought this too, it makes sense and it's what FM has done with young players in the past, but it's absolutely not the case. I checked my current save, Sarr has a Determination of 4 there as well, then loaded another fresh save and had him load in with 4 once again, and here are two additional examples of him having 4 Determination: the FMinside database and this user on the Spurs subreddit. Adding on the person who initially reported him to have 4 Determination and that is a 1 in 3200000 chance to happen if it is pure coincidence, but given that I could not find a single counter-example (a save where Sarr did not have 4 Determination), I think it stands to reason that Sarr does have a hard coded Determination of 4. Which, again, prompts the question the original user posed, why does Sarr have a hard coded Determination of 4, especially given that the standard practice for younger players in FM is to have a Determination that is specifically not hard-coded?

On that exact same note! Why does Tottenham youngster Alfie Dorrington have a hard coded Natural Fitness of 6? As with Determination my impression was that youngsters generally receive random Natural Fitness ratings outside of fairly extreme circumstances. I can find no record of Dorrington having a record of recurring injury or fitness problems, but his Natural Fitness seems hard coded to 6, as mentioned I loaded 2 saves to check Sarr's Determination, but I also checked Dorrington's Natural Fitness, as it stuck out to me in my first save as being frustrating, as I planned to recruit him. He has 6 Natural Fitness in both saves and does on FM Inside as well. So it is highly, highly likely it is hard-coded to 6. Really want to know the explanation for these, they seem fairly nonsensical. 

^The above bit about Dorrington was the result of randomly rolling 6 three times in a row 1/16000 odds but I guess it happens lol.

Edited by jacob_m_mack