• English Championship Data [Discussion]

Kyle Brown
    • Public Status: Announcement Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the English Championship.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful to others opinions and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Birmingham City, currently renting stadium, we now own the stadium again as of July, and we only have used capacity of just under 20,000 (currently correct but being repaired) no mention of stadium repairs which are on going with a completion date expected in December, in fact the lower Tilton is reopening this Wednesday which will bump the capacity.

• SI Staff
    7 hours ago, mitchellholtom said:

Birmingham City, currently renting stadium, we now own the stadium again as of July, and we only have used capacity of just under 20,000 (currently correct but being repaired) no mention of stadium repairs which are on going with a completion date expected in December, in fact the lower Tilton is reopening this Wednesday which will bump the capacity.

We are still waiting confirmation from the club and the EFL of the dates for the capacity changes.

We have the capacity starting at 19400 (figure given to us by EFL in August) and have estimated a return to full capacity by 31/12/2023, a reasonable estimate at this time.

My understanding is that SCL own St Andrew's. SCL are a different entity to BCFC. Therefore, the stadium is privately owned. 

• SI Staff
    18 hours ago, jdownesbcfc said:

Birmingham City - Training Ground listed as Wast Hills, but currently using EPIC in Henley in Arden, Warwickshire for the foreseeable : 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gallery/birmingham-city-training-ground-wasps-26461219

Cheers

That's a temporary move isn't it? For training grounds, we don't include temporary moves, as there is no impact in the game about the name of the training ground really. What we are interested in are the level of facilities there.  

Season 1 - Sunderland, 2nd place after 16 games and apparently Dreyfus wants to sell the club? Only been involved with the club approx 2 years and majority owner even less and not exactly short of cashflow so seems a bit premature for a board takeover.

Apologies also if wrong thread didn't find one that fit perfectly :onmehead:

FM24 S.png

On 19/10/2023 at 21:15, Dean Gripton said:

The game is unable to set people to have job changes in the future.

SHould Ben Knapper then be set a Director of Football from the start then?

• SI Staff
    On 25/10/2023 at 11:01, Irish-Spartacus said:

Season 1 - Sunderland, 2nd place after 16 games and apparently Dreyfus wants to sell the club? Only been involved with the club approx 2 years and majority owner even less and not exactly short of cashflow so seems a bit premature for a board takeover.

Apologies also if wrong thread didn't find one that fit perfectly :onmehead:

FM24 S.png

Dreyfus' Board Confidence was not set. That is now fixed for a future update. Thank you for reporting that.

Southampton - Carlos Alcaraz - All his Transfer Clauses are added Double  

All Southampton Promotion Clauses 82% rise seems very high!

Edited by Wednesday User

David Beeby, who was last a director at Hull City on the game in 2022, has ratings to be an manager, assistant and coach.

He's never been any of these, only a director, so his job roles probably needs to be changed.

Sheffield Wednesday. Hi Dean, just a question about the board expectations, which are Promotion to the Premier League in the 1st season?  Is that a bug?  The supporter expectations are to remain in the Championship. Surely even Chansiri wouldn't be that unrealistic? with a League 1 squad, massive debt and some dubious recruitment. Cheers. 

PS Also I wouldn't have Liam Palmer as a Natural Centre Back, I know he and James covered there a lot last season due to injuries and did ok, but I still think he is a FB/WB by trade.

Preston North End's Alan Browne only appears to be competent in attacking midfield when he's arguably more suited to there than defensive midfield.

Played 10 times there last season (https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alan-browne/leistungsdaten/spieler/277697/plus/0?saison=2022) and featured more often than not in the number 10 role so far this season https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alan-browne/leistungsdaten/spieler/277697/plus/0?saison=2023

Bristol City Transfer budget and wages budget 

The below article suggests we were unable to sign anyone post selling Alex Scott this summer as our wage budget had been maxed out - I’d suggest lowering from Available 10k per week to closer to 1 or 2 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-transfer-deadline-live-8719384.amp 

Im also sure the 7 million available was over and beyond anything we would have been willing to spend, I’m struggling to find the article where Steve Lansdown said we were building a “nest egg” and that we’d already done our transfer business with the expectation that Scott would go

On 27/10/2023 at 22:27, Wednesday User said:

Southampton - Carlos Alcaraz - All his Transfer Clauses are added Double  

All Southampton Promotion Clauses 82% rise seems very high!

If anything I'd imagine they're actually higher at 100%. 

Standard now from L1 > Champ and Champ > PL to have wages doubled due to the increase in revenue.

Edited by matt_neil41

Can someone from SI take a look at Blackburn rovers sell on clause for Raya. My board got me 14 mn by negotiating and there were two clauses available to sell which is kinda baffling. In real life they have a 12.5 percent clause. Even if he got sold for 80mn, I would have got only 1/8th of the profit made which would be less than 10 mn. I think there is some data error from your side

Preston North End - Brad Potts, 

His star rating for playing in a flat back 4 is 0.5, but he has been playing in a flat back 4 when we switch to playing a flat back 4, (see PNE @ Hull 28/10/23 and second half PNE vs Southampton) his star rating as a wing back when playing in the one up from defenders position (between the defenders and midfielders) is 3. 

all games below show a flat back 4 with potts as RB

hull game, https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/4108424 

Birmingham https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/4108248

Ipswich https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/4108219

is there anyway this can be rectified?  sorry if this isn't in the right place.

Edited by pne_97
    Links

Southampton FC

Ex-Swansea U18 Coach Ricky King joined Southampton on 1st October 2023. He will be in an Academy role from Age 9 - 21 if that can be set in any way.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/academy-coaching-staff-changes-confirmed#:~:text=Ricky King is set to,talent such as Tyler Adams

In game, on the opening welcome page (original mode) it says he has a future free transfer but seems to be entered as a player (with no stats) rather than staff. I believe staff cannot have 'future moves' set, so would be better to have him as staff from the start date or remove this from the transfer obligations entirely. Thanks.

image.png.3122d2c507b80be6bc8643ae58693bec.png

image.png.1d065fbc04ac75cfd1d89adf3712699e.png

Edited by Jogo Bonito

swansongs

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Southampton FC

Ex-Swansea U18 Coach Ricky King joined Southampton on 1st October 2023. He will be in an Academy role from Age 9 - 21 if that can be set in any way.

Thanks for flagging this. Everything looks fine in the DB, he's set as a non-player with a non-player contract and jobs. I assume the future date is causing some sort of confusion in the game.

He's an annoying one because he was only appointed Swans u18s manager like 6 weeks before he jumped ship, so he's got two contract start dates that occur after the game start date. I wouldn't have bothered making his profile if I'd known. More work for the Soton researcher instead.

Edited by swansongs

27 minutes ago, swansongs said:

Thanks for flagging this. Everything looks fine in the DB, he's set as a non-player with a non-player contract and jobs. I assume the future date is causing some sort of confusion in the game.

He's an annoying one because he was only appointed Swans u18s manager like 6 weeks before he jumped ship, so he's got two contract start dates that occur after the game start date. I wouldn't have bothered making his profile if I'd known. More work for the Soton researcher instead.

Thanks for that, yes I imagine the future date must be somehow responsible. Clearly someone Martin wanted to take with him, but can't imagine his long spell will be fondly remembered at Swansea then!

Christina_D

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, JollyRoger said:

Can someone from SI take a look at Blackburn rovers sell on clause for Raya. My board got me 14 mn by negotiating and there were two clauses available to sell which is kinda baffling. In real life they have a 12.5 percent clause. Even if he got sold for 80mn, I would have got only 1/8th of the profit made which would be less than 10 mn. I think there is some data error from your side

Hi JollyRoger, thank you for your post.

The 12.5% figure came from a journalist rather than from the club/Broughton directly.

Based on direct quotes from Greg Broughton https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23788076.blackburn-rovers-potential-david-raya-windfall-revealed/

Rovers are due "around £5M over the next few years" if/when Raya's transfer to Arsenal completes for £27M.  This would mean that his sell on fee is somewhere between 20% and 25% of any profit (Broughton did not give exact details so we had to make an estimate)  As such, the figure set in game is as correct as can be deducted given the available information.   

In real life there may be multiple (far more nuanced) clauses (that are not available for us to set in game) which give the total £5M (ish) fee a different makeup, but as far as I am aware, in game, the only way that Rovers can earn any further money from Rayas transfer from his transfer from Brentford to Arsenal is as part of a one off, sell on fee, which is what has been set.

The clauses showing twice is a bug which if being investigated and will be removed as soon as is practicable.

Edited by Christina_D

On 19/10/2023 at 21:16, Dean Gripton said:

That article says "details will be finalised in due course".

Did those details get finalised?

It's a commercial link by the looks of it. I think it's similar to what they did with the Tampa Bay Rowdies when 'Visit Tampa Bay' was the destination sponsor.

https://www.udlaspalmas.es/en/news/ud-las-palmas-and-norwich-city-strengthen-their-relationship

https://newsletter.laliga.es/global-futbol/ud-las-palmas-and-gran-canaria-partner-with-norwich-city-fc-to-promote-the-island-as-a-tourist-destination-in-the-british-market

Just noticed you already got your response.

Edited by KeiranShikari

Swansea City should have a rivalry with Bristol City. It's not to the level of either the South Wales Derby (Swansea - Cardiff) or Severnside Derby (Bristol - Cardiff) but it's definitely one to at least make it to the 'other rivals' section. The fixture keeps getting moved from Saturday 3pm kickoffs due to police requests (not TV) following things boiling over at a number of the fixures over the last few years, and it always gets a bigger crowd.

2 minutes ago, Jamaicaman90 said:

Swansea City should have a rivalry with Bristol City. It's not to the level of either the South Wales Derby (Swansea - Cardiff) or Severnside Derby (Bristol - Cardiff) but it's definitely one to at least make it to the 'other rivals' section. The fixture keeps getting moved from Saturday 3pm kickoffs due to police requests (not TV) following things boiling over at a number of the fixures over the last few years, and it always gets a bigger crowd.

I agree but rivalries are not something we have any control over this year. The clubs themselves dictate that information as part of the EFL licensing agreement.

12 minutes ago, swansongs said:

I agree but rivalries are not something we have any control over this year. The clubs themselves dictate that information as part of the EFL licensing agreement.

Interesting to know. Before I flag any up (not that I have any in mind right this second), does the same apply to the legends/icons/favoured personnel?

1 hour ago, Jamaicaman90 said:

Interesting to know. Before I flag any up (not that I have any in mind right this second), does the same apply to the legends/icons/favoured personnel?

It does, yes.