• FM24 launches blank/black screen on Macbook Air

roaddie23
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

Basically when I load FM24 on my Macbook Air (macOS Sonoma V14.0) it goes to a blank screen (as attached) and after a while it turns off. Steps taken so far:

1) Verify integrity of game files

2) Reinstalled FM24

3) Launch from \Library\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024

4) Deleted Preference and Cached file

5) Launched on hotspot

@Kyle Brown as requested a new thread has been created

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 6.31.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 6.31.42 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 6.31.25 PM.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Could you give the below a go and let me know if there's any change:

First of all, right-click on your desktop and select 'New' -> 'Folder'.

Create a folder and name it something to distinguish it (say ‘SI backup’).

Once you've done this go to your Sports Interactive folder which by default is at the following location: Users\[Your Mac Username]\Library\Application Support\Sports Interactive\[Football Manager title]

By default this folder is hidden, so to access you need to do as follows:

- Open Finder

- Click ‘Go’ from the menu bar

- Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key

- This will bring up the ‘Library’, click to enter then go to ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> [Football Manager title]

This should contain folders like 'games', 'crash dumps' etc. Please cut every folder EXCEPT 'Caches', 'cloud', 'Logs', 'Preferences', 'promo' and 'Temporary' from here and paste them into the folder you've created on your desktop.

Once you've done this and the Sports Interactive\[Football Manager title] folder is now empty, launch the game. If it works, copy back the files from the desktop folder and hopefully it should now load without any issues.

12 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

Could you give the below a go and let me know if there's any change:

First of all, right-click on your desktop and select 'New' -> 'Folder'.

Create a folder and name it something to distinguish it (say ‘SI backup’).

Once you've done this go to your Sports Interactive folder which by default is at the following location: Users\[Your Mac Username]\Library\Application Support\Sports Interactive\[Football Manager title]

By default this folder is hidden, so to access you need to do as follows:

- Open Finder

- Click ‘Go’ from the menu bar

- Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key

- This will bring up the ‘Library’, click to enter then go to ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> [Football Manager title]

This should contain folders like 'games', 'crash dumps' etc. Please cut every folder EXCEPT 'Caches', 'cloud', 'Logs', 'Preferences', 'promo' and 'Temporary' from here and paste them into the folder you've created on your desktop.

Once you've done this and the Sports Interactive\[Football Manager title] folder is now empty, launch the game. If it works, copy back the files from the desktop folder and hopefully it should now load without any issues.

Just to confirm, the following is correct or completely empty the Football Manager 2024 folder?

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 7.03.24 PM.png

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem, I have the m2 mac book air, with the new sonoma update. I have been able to play the game since its launch. But recently I have been having issues with the game, and now the game launches but does not get past the black screen. 

Same problem here, I was able to play a few days before, but today when I start the game it turns into dark screen.

I have a apple m2 macbook air ventura 13.4.1

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, abeeerg said:

Same issue with MacBook Pro M1 on Sonoma 14.0....

Bit to quick here. Restarted Steam which had an update, seems to work fine now.

• Administrators
    On 29/10/2023 at 05:46, willymak said:

I have a apple m2 macbook air ventura 13.4.1

I'd very much recommend updating your OS to the latest Ventura at the very least, unless you can upgrade to Sonoma. 

On 20/10/2023 at 07:26, Kyle Brown said:

That's correct, any joy when trying to launch the game after doing so? 

This works for me but it happens now almost every time I open the game 

On 29/10/2023 at 16:51, abeeerg said:

Bit to quick here. Restarted Steam which had an update, seems to work fine now.

Just had this issue for the first time (played almost every day since release of the Beta). Steam was upto date, but rebooting steam worked for me.

I'm sorry to say it's not just Macs.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 22H2. OS Build 19045.3693 and I've just tried to put on FM24 since the latest update and after the loading screen my screen is also blank the same as the screenshots.

I have the latest Steam update (11th December).

I have also updated my graphics to the latest GeForce Game Ready Driver 546.33 and then rebooted Windows.

Nothing. The game still loads to a black screen.

Edited by Phil Macklam
    Updated graphics drivers

@Zachary Whyte Hi, I did that and before I sent it there was a long checklist of things to go through.

Over the next few hours I slowly went through the list and at the bottom it mentioned about removing graphics, skins etc. I did this and it worked.

The strange thing, I then put it all back and it loaded up like nothing had happened.

After this I clicked on the delete support ticket as I didn't want to waste anyone's time as it appeared to work.

Just quite strange as never had this before. 

Thank you for your time.

• Administrators
    On 28/12/2023 at 10:21, samodrorifqi said:

Hello,

i've got similar issue here on Windows 11. I already created a support ticket too. 

Pls respond it :( havent played for 3 days!

can you let us know the ticket number so we can check the status for you?