4-5-1 tested with hull (great results)

Well this is my very first attempt at making my own tactic and i think ive struck a little lucky.

I based it on the pre-set 4-5-1 standard and tinkered with the sliders till it felt like my team was responding.

I also must say that this is the most satisfying feeling when you know it's your own effort (ive used other peoples tactics up until now)tried in past FM's to do a decent

tactic but always failed.My assistant had a big part in making this succesful as i listened to what he had to say and adjusted the sliders according.(wether or not that made any difference)

Anyway,time for some info (i'm rubbish at explaining so i'll do my best to be clear)

Team Instructions

teaminstructionszl2.th.jpg

Team formation & Squad

teamformationvt3.th.jpg

Fixture 1

fixtures1ak8.th.jpg

Fixture 2

fixtures2ox2.th.jpg

If you noticed in the fixture screenshot i underlined the man utd game (the 6-0 hurt) that's when i finally had the tactic tweaked,

and from then on the results just kept on coming.Ive also used this corner set up which i found very handy to grab a few extra goals from set pieces.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=29908

I can't really describe the type of play except the the wingers seem to be the key to the team,fast and good at dribbling see's them in the opponents box regularly,

my wingers have good crossing and good pace,they also seem to do some nice passes from the byline (ground passes) to the oncoming midfielder to have a shot on goal.

Tested with 9.2.0 patch

Hope someone will try this and give me some feedback if it's actually any good or did i just get lucky ?

Link to download

http://files.filefront.com/4+5+1+Standard+tinkered

http://rapidshare.com/files/182767035/4-5-1_Standard-tinkered_corners-game-1___Hull__May_2010_.tac.html

http://hosted.filefront.com/Taylorsmen/

P.S if the download links don't work for you then please suggest a site for me to upload

After struggling for so long i can appreciate the effort you've put in and can only imagine how made up you are.

Just been sacked with Preston and appointed at Lincoln so will give this a go now.

I'm chuffed to bits tbh,like i said in the first post this is the first tactic ive made that actually works for my team,i'm just hoping it works for others too.

Let me know how you get on if you decide to try this out :)

I can only see two of the original Hull City squad in your squad list. How did you manage to get together the other twenty or so players? Were you playing according to "Hoyle"? Very well done if you were. Kind regards.
I'm in season 2 (used someone elses tactic for the first season) not sure what you mean by the "hoyle" bit though ? most of the players i got either on free's (bojan) and some good bargain hunting,we all know the cheap potential wonder kids that are out there and i just went and bought loads of them,managed to raise some money by offloading the likes of turner/rickets and so on.

Good Lord! most of those are not in my game. Yuo've done well to get some of those for free. I'll have to pay closer attention at the season's end. "Hoyle" was the author of the definitive book of game rules. To play properly is to play "according to Hoyle".

I am at the start of season one with Hull City. I only have the four English leagues and the Scottish ones with a small database. To find new players, I physically trawl the lragues and the European matches. I have found a player named Seleznyov, a striker and I got one from Hearts called Velicka, I think. I've also bought Walker from Bolton a GK as both Hull's are not up to it.

Hi taylorsmen!

What kind of striker do we need?? Fast and cerative or tall with good heading and jumping??

Thanks

Well my main striker has been kikin fonseca,i went for a strong player with good heading stats,also using him as the target man,pace is also a good thing,at least 14 i'd say.

Some extra screenshots on players i sold to raise the cash.

Season 1

playersinoutseason1eu6.th.jpg

Season 2

playersinoutseason2ro8.th.jpg

Season 3

playersinoutseason3gw5.th.jpg

nice one. on your screenie for your first season with hull it doesn't show all the players you sold. could you post who else it was. I'm guessing you let your youth and reserve team go.
See the top screenie,shows the players in (left) and the players that i sold (right)i got rid of most of the resrves and under 18's as they were rubbish,drafted in loads of cheap players with potential.

Questions are fine lol i'll take another screenie as i didn't notice i needed to scroll down,give me 2 mins.

with the staff i got rid of most and brought in some great coaches,you can only have 6 coaches for hull in season 1 so i had to wait till season 2 to bring in more coaches.

111zz5.th.jpg

Ok how did you get lambo on a free then when his contract runs out in 2011?
I can't remember,been with me a while.Is this going down the road "your cheating" ? if it is then i'd like to say i'm not that silly to cheat and post a tactic up here,more the fact my team is performing and i wanted to share the buzz for once,give something back to the forum ive had so much help from over the years.

So come out with it,are you accusing me of something ?

dunno how he did it, but FC Dalles took him for free in my game aswell.
Glad someone else got him for free,this guy is making my first time achievment and turning it into "your cheating" with all the questions about who i bought,i can put my hand on heart that every game i played on this is 100% fair,hope more add to this about josh lambo on a freebie.

Cheers

Glad someone else got him for free,this guy is making my first time achievment and turning it into "your cheating" with all the questions about who i bought,i can put my hand on heart that every game i played on this is 100% fair,hope more add to this about josh lambo on a freebie.

Cheers

True, I got him for free first season, although he didn't play much as a young lad I signed from Reading (Andersen?) had a very good season.

To be fair it has only happened once, and there are other similar things that are little oddities. Example, my brother (who wouldn't know what the editor was if it bit him) always seems to get Stephen Appiah to sign for Leeds every time, and he will never sign for me when I play !!

Cheers macca,now maybe the guy who doubted can maybe explain his private eye issues ?

Hopefully we'll get back on topic to the tactic in question

P.S i'm off to tesco express for some beer,i think i need a tinny or 2

Edit:back from the shop and waiting for salkster2102 to explain himself ?

Ok how did you get lambo on a free then when his contract runs out in 2011?

Just play a season or two in MLS. Sadly, many talented players (potentially) such as Lambo and Ibrahim of Toronto FC get waived, as well as solid veterans such as Dave Van Den Bergh (keep your eyes out for him and snatch him up if you can!)

Cheers macca,now maybe the guy who doubted can maybe explain his private eye issues ?

Hopefully we'll get back on topic to the tactic in question

P.S i'm off to tesco express for some beer,i think i need a tinny or 2

Edit:back from the shop and waiting for salkster2102 to explain himself ?

What do i have to explain for? Try reading stuff properly before making accusations.

Quite good tactic.

Played 10 won 8 lost 2 on my Liverpool game

The 2 that I lost was against Arsenal and Man Utd

The Man Utd away I lost 2-1 but completely dominated and they scored 2 tap Ins to win the game.

I tweaked the tactic a bit to suit my Liverpool side as the defense line was to high up and when you have slowish defenders can't really do that.But overall I'm liking It.

Quite good tactic.

Played 10 won 8 lost 2 on my Liverpool game

The 2 that I lost was against Arsenal and Man Utd

The Man Utd away I lost 2-1 but completely dominated and they scored 2 tap Ins to win the game.

I tweaked the tactic a bit to suit my Liverpool side as the defense line was to high up and when you have slowish defenders can't really do that.But overall I'm liking It.

Glad it's working for you,thanks for the feedback :)

Edit: i would like to publicly apologise to salkster for thinking he was suggesting i may have cheated to buy some players,i mis read everything he said,sorry mate :)

Hopefully the topic can get back on track to the tactic in question,also thanks to everyone for their feedback.

Thank you very much for this tactic. I've been trying it out playing as Forest in my fifth season.

After losing our first six games in a row and playing pathetically, this tactic has really turned things round for us and we're now sitting pretty in 12th place with eight games to go.

I've been switching between this and a 4-4-2 counter attack lineup I've had success with in the past. Also got to the semi-finals of the League Cup and sixth round of the FA Cup.

Kudos to you for this fine tactic, sir.

Archived