Heart Of Midlothian FC: The Heart And Soul Of Edinburgh.

Eckauskas

The Jambos.

Hearts-FC-256x256.png

Heart of Midlothian F.C. (most commonly referred to as Hearts) are a football club from Edinburgh, Scotland who play in the Scottish Premier League. They are one of the two principal clubs in the city, the other being rivals Hibernian. Hearts were the only east coast team invited to join the inaugural Scottish Football League competition in 1890. Hearts have won the League title four times, the Scottish Cup on seven occasions, and the Scottish League Cup four times.

Current Squad.

2 DF Robbie Neilson (vice-captain)

3 DF Lee Wallace

4 DF Christophe Berra (captain)

5 DF Christos Karipidis

6 MF Rubén Palazuelos

7 MF Saulius Mikoliūnas (on loan from FBK Kaunas)

8 MF Bruno Aguiar

9 FW Mike Tullberg (on loan from Reggina)

10 MF Laryea Kingston

11 MF Andrew Driver

12 GK János Balogh (on loan from Debreceni VSC)

14 FW Christian Nadé

15 FW Juho Makela

16 MF Adrian Mrowiec

17 MF David Obua

18 MF Deividas Česnauskis (on loan from FBK Kaunas)

19 FW Jamie Mole

20 DF Jason Thomson

21 MF Eggert Jónsson

23 MF Michael Stewart

24 DF Craig Sives

25 GK Marian Kello (on loan from FBK Kaunas)

26 DF Marius Žaliūkas (on loan from FBK Kaunas)

29 MF Audrius Kšanavičius (on loan from FBK Kaunas)

30 GK Jamie MacDonald

39 DF Ryan McGowan

51 FW Gary Glen

Squad Analysis.

Generally your squad is one of the best in the SPL, outside of the Old Firm. You need not make too many changes to the starting 11 to strengthen the team. Most of them will make you a pretty penny if you decide to sell on.

Goalkeepers.

Janos Balogh: Probably the best of the 'keepers at Hearts. Doesn't cost anything in wages so it might be a good idea to keep him on. Will cost £250k to keep him full time.

Marian Kello: Decent back up, costs nothing in wages either. Free to sign if you want him on a permanent basis.

Jamie MacDonald: Same level as the other 2 goalkeepers. Will make you a wee bit of money if you decide to sell him on.

Youngster To Watch: Mark Ridgers.

Right Backs.

Robbie Neilson: Best right back at the club, best to keep him on. Has a fantastic long throw stat. Will make £250k at least if you decide to cash in.

Jason Thomson: Decent back up, won't get many better deputies for the transfer budget available.

Youngster To Watch: Jonathon Brown.

Left Backs.

Lee Wallace: 1st choice left back, due to Obua being best as a winger and Rapnik at centre back.

Youngster To Watch: Ciaran Coll.

Centre Backs.

Christophe Berra: One of the best players at the club. Will generate £4m or £5m after a year or two. Keep at all costs.

Marius Zaliukas: Good, solid centre back. Could do worse than him.

Matej Rapnik: Fantastic back up for Berra/Zaiukas. Replaces whoever is first out the door. Can also play at Left Back.

Ryan McGowan: Same as Rapnik. Can also play in the centre of midfield.

Youngster To Watch: Dylan McGowan.

Midfielders.

Michael Stewart: One of the top 4 players at the club. Will generate you close to £1m if you sell. No real loss to the club if you do sell, despite this, he is easily replaced.

Eggert Jonsson: Best young midfielder at the club. Keep him at all costs as he usually chips in with a few goals throughout the season. Should be one of the first names on your teamsheet.

Bruno Aguiar: Shockingly under-rated on this game. Don't let his recent form fool you, offload ASAP.

Ruben Palazuelos: See Stewart. First choice if you employ a defensive midfielder.

Younster To Watch: Stephen Husband.

Wide Midfielders.

Layrea Kinston: Best RW at the club. Keep him at all costs, he'll chip in with a few goals during the season.

Andy Driver: He is your 1st choice left winger, no doubts. Tied down to a 5 year contract at the start of the game. Keep him for as long as possible, a big transfer fee will come for him sooner or later.

Saulius Mikoliunas: Good back up for Kingston.

Devidas Cesnauskis: Punt.

David Obua: Is 10 times better in the game than he is in real life. Keep him as a back up for Driver.

Audrius Ksanavicius: Get him to ****. Awful, awful player.

Youngster To Watch: Dimitriu Copil, Rocky Visconte, Elias Wagner, David Templeton.

Strikers:

Mike Tullberg: Poor stats, not worth keeping.

Christian Nade: Brilliant targetman if you play that kind of tactic. Needs a pacy striker beside him to be effective.

Gary Glen: Good young player, will develop into a good goalscorer. One for the future.

Jamie Mole: If he's anything lik he is in real life, punt. He can bring in a good transfer fee. 3rd best striker at the club.

Juho Makela: If you want a bit of extra transfer cash, he'll bring it. A lot of clubs interested in him at the start of the game.

Youngster To Watch: Branimir Kostadinov.

Final Analysis.

Overall, the squad is capable of finishing in the top half of the table. A goalkeeper, back up left back and a goalscorer should be enough to get you into Europe.

Poor transfer budget but a good club reputation will leave a lot of loan signings interested in playing for you.

Anyway, I hope this is a good start off point for your career as Hearts manager.

Good luck.

Believe.

I've just started a game as the jambos again. 1st thing I done was sell Stewart really don't like the guy and don't rate him as a player. Played two games won at home to Motherwell and got beat of Rangers away got 2 players sent off in that game though good luck guys.

started a hearts 1 a few weeks ago first season 7th second season 5th won the scottish cup 3rd season 3th just started 4th season in the uefa cup group stages so starting 2 make money now still got main players driver berra nd wallace will sell soon once i find better players to come in going to keep at it see how long it takes me to split the old firm or win it but would rather a gd run in europe

Tried to start a Hearts save twice so far but just lost interest...I will get one going eventually tho.

If you can get a hold of a little cash - get Don Cowie from ICT....make him your 1st signing (trust me), and punt Larry Kingston to get rid of his wages! Someone above mentioned Gary Glen, I sold him to a Premiership team for £5.75m at the start of the second season, so I guess he will be a good player in a few seasons!

The biggest hint/tip I can give anyone starting a game as Hearts is on your first day renegociate your players contracts....almost everyone is on shocking win bonuses....this is a must due to the money situation at Hearts! Also dont get to associated to your big starts....the chairman will sell them - advise you start adding min fee release clauses into their contracts too!

I'm halfway through my first season with Hearts, sitting comfortably in 2nd, closer to Celtic than Rangers are to me.

I just sold Berra for £5.5m to West Ham and Im currently signing some Czech players I wanted in FM '08, but couldn't sign. I've also punted Kingston for £2.9m to Hull.

Got the Scottish Cup 4th round coming up, away to Inverness.

• 2 weeks later...

finnished second in my first season with hearts lost berra to everton for 5 mill,cause the board said it was to good to turn down,young mcgowen is ideal replacement.signed gladakyi from shaktar for 1 mill what a player top scorer in spl and now worth 6 mill,sold stewart for a mill to coventry happy days

• 2 weeks later...

Just about to start a game with Hearts...Had a really good run on FM08 with them.

This time though, i will not be able to sign Piatti or Buonanotte, Kalouda or Mihelic :(

Will be eventually looking to bring in Zuculini, Mascio, Delph (if he wants to join), and maybe a few players from the Premiership on loan.

I have played a full season as the Jambos, if you play Jason Thompson at right back he becomes wanted by half the premiership. I sold him in July for 2.5 million.

Also Gary Glen is an outstanding striker. Managed to bring back Skacel on a free transfer and he is banging the goals in again.;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, well just started a Hearts game. Said I'd aim for continental finish, so should be interesting. So many ordinary players ugh...renegotiated a lot of contracts too - some of these appearance fees are huge for the players! Got rid of most of the loanees except a few. Need to get a good GK...Enyema went to City bleh.

Yeah, I'll have to get most of them on loan though - transfer budget of 220k pounds. ugh. Trying to shore up a GK, DL and FC spot on that budget is just impossible. Will have to go with loanees for the first season, hopefully finish high enough to get a better transfer budget next season.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Hearts fan (big shock from the user name) and am currently playing an online game with Albacete in La Liga Adalente. There are plenty of good players to be found in this league for not a lot of cash. I have just sold my left winger to Burnley for £250k and he has better stats than a lot of EPL players never mind SPL.

Have a look through the league, it's a gold mine of technically gifted players.

Im a hearts fan, i went through 1 season with them ad lsot complete interest. On my first season i finished 4th just behind dundee untied and rangers and celtic as usual 20points clear of the team in 3rd. I stopped playing because drivers,kingston,berra and wallace all left me lol.

Little problem with my Hearts team. Since I had a good season and finished 3rd in my 1st season 4 points behind the old firm 20+ points away from all the rest only lost 3 games and had a run of 33 games unbeaten anyway the problem I got is with the moan that is Laryea Kingston. He was player of the season scored 15+ goals from right midfield got player of the season in the spl. He wants to leave obviously I want to keep him but then no point if he don't want to be here the problem is nobody wants him. Has anyone else had this problem. The game favours the old firm with players like Barry Robson going to Sundeland for £4.4m and I can't get rid of Kingston for £0. Well thats my rant anyone else had this problem?

Nade,

I started a new Hearts save just after the latest patch and was a bit stunned with the run I went on, very similar to yourself, 27 league games unbeaten, finished 3rd behind the OF (after sitting in the top to for 3/4 of the season). I thought it was my wonderful tactics....then the last third it just fell to bits!

Still got European football for the new season, which I am just about to start. I had put my secnod nationality to Dutch and the amount of good young Dutch players I brought in for nothing is unbelievable.....brought in about eight 16-18 year olds all with scout reports of definate purchase - so they will get sent out on loan this season to help them settle.

As I had brought in a load of players a few folk started becoming unhappy, Stewart/Kingston - so stuck them on the list and offered to clubs....both were snapped up quicky and has now gave me £5m to spend! Managed to get Possibon on loan from Man Utd last season with a £250k clause in his deal....he was keeping Stewart/Eggy out of the team so I have snapped him up as Stewarts replacement. Also managed to get Lee Bowyer in on a free which will be Larry's replacement!

Going to go shopping for as much of a new team as possible (in mid July just now) with the funds I have!

Learnt from past mistakes also, Glen is not getting sold.......infact last season he spent most of it on loan and I will do the same again for this year. Again I will be trying to get the majority of the reserves out on loan (saves on wages)!

The futures maroon good to see your doing well. I've finished my second season I took Hearts to 2nd place in front of Hibs who are spending a fortune on players due to there new found millions lol. Celtic won the league again but a couple of results going the other way I would have pushed them very close for the title.

With being in the Champions League quaifiers I can attrack better class players. Laryea is staying which is a big boost to the team. Only down side is Andy Driver, Eggert Jonnson and Garry Glen have all been sold they all wanted to go.

In the champions league qualifiers I played Shaktar drew 1-1 away and won 3-0 at home easy :D. Byern Leverkusen (sp) in the next round won 1-0 way and drew 1-1 at home so in the group with Byern Munich, Roma and Diamo Bucherest (sp)

Post a screen shot of your team please to see these youngsters and I'll do the same when I get home from work.

The futures bright the futures maroon and white. I've just finished my 3rd season won the treble great season.

Final standings :

leaguetable2011.th.jpg

Mad Vlad has gave me 31million to spend :S only spent £3.5 on Nicklas Bendtnar steal was on transfer list at Arsenal and actually wanted to come. Next on the list will be to get a bigger stadium but I might wait untill after this season depends on if I sell any players for a big transfer or go far in the Champions League.

P.s surely other peope are playing as the gorgie boys.

Been playin Jambos for years in all FM versions. Never quite satisfactory as a game though in FM2009.......never enough cash. Dont want millions, just a few quid. Cannot wait for years for Vlad to cough up.

Current game I'm sitting 3rd with no cash just banging out variable results......just like another Saturday!! Too too realistic!!!!!!!!

Davie thats me in my just about to start my 5th season. I have won the treble two seasons in a row had a amazing season went unbeaten in all of the domestic competitions.

season.th.jpg

Vlad has gave me £30m to spend at the start of my 4th season I only spent 5m or so most on Nicklas Bendtnar and has gave me £30m this season aswell. I have sold a good few players to get a lot of cash in the bank most of the money has come from being in the champions league and winning the league and cups.

With Hibs having a loaded chairman they put up a good challenge but well as in real life we're the best in Edinburgh :p. Im close to going 22 in a row against Hibs like the good old days.

recordvhibs.th.jpg

P.s anybody playing as Hearts do not sell Laryea Kingston the man is a god play him wide right and keep playing him even when he gets on a bit. He's 32 now in my save but he's the best player in the league could be the player of the spl again. The guy is different class.

• 2 weeks later...

i am a jambo

playing hearts,

finished 6th 1st season.not doing very well in my second season,baloch

has conceded more goals than he has hot dinners.

signed a few players but they are not doing very good and half my team want to leave.

dosnt help that vlad is refusing to cough up the cash tight git

just in real life.

Im a jambo, gave it a go, and well, never done too well xD

1st Season: Finished 10th (Kept All players)

2nd Season: Finished 4th (Sold, Driver, Kingston, Mole, Obua, Wallace & Stewart)

3rd Season: Finished 5th, Won the Scottish Cup With A 2-1 Win over Killie.

4th Season: CBA Doing Anymore lol

You should just keep at it. Im Hearts starting my 8th season bank balance is loaded new stadium holds just over 30 000 won 5 trebles in a row unbeaten in domestic compitions in 4 seasons. If you keep at it and just be good in who you sign you can make Hearts a great force.

You should just keep at it. Im Hearts starting my 8th season bank balance is loaded new stadium holds just over 30 000 won 5 trebles in a row unbeaten in domestic compitions in 4 seasons. If you keep at it and just be good in who you sign you can make Hearts a great force.

how did u manage to get a new stadium?

ive been trying for ages but never had any luck. dam council!!

is having loads of money and filling out your stadium help get a new one?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Im just about to start a new season with hearts.

Done it before and the 2 best names i can give you for loan deals, Gibson from man utd, Chopra from sunderland. And big Nade scored 24 in my first season, he's a goal machine!! Just like in real life lol ... cough cough !!

Obua plays Left Back for me after selling Wallace for £2million, he bangs in the free-kicks more often than not !!!

Let me know any players you guys reccommend, i'll send in any players i find.

Csaba Lazlo = You're a legend

Finished my 1st season !!! 2nd in the league - Won the League Cup - Won in the Scottish Cup too !!!

Was 23 points behind Celtic, 14 points ahead of gers who were gash, i lost 10 matches !!! What a season, Driver got sold by Vlad, got rid of Bruno, Ruben Pal, Elliot, Mole, Wallace. Making = £5.5 Million

I brought in = CHOPRA (loan) - DARRON GIBSON (loan) - Juha Hakola (young player of the year) - Nathan Tyson - Stuart Elliott - Victor Moses - Josh Lambo !! a total of £2.2 Million spent.

Got loads of teams interested in nearly my whole team, hope i can keep the big boys. Kingston handed in a transfer request, but i've told him to bolt !!

Got Sergundo Alejandro Castillo coming in on bosman, he's quality, was on loan at everton !!

Big Nade scored 19 goals for me, legend.

Chopra got 17 goals

Hoping to get closer to Celtic this year, maybe a wee stint in the group stages of the Champions League for some more CASH !!!!

Anyone has any decent reccomendations let me know.

cheers

• 2 months later...

Anyone got any initial opinions on the Jambos to offer for FM10?!?

My first impression has been, in comparison to our general ability (or lack thereof) in real life, they've maybe been a wee bit generous, but probably got the youngsters to watch spot on.

Have to say, I've already bolstered the squad with a load of free transfers up front though. If only that were an option for Csaba!

Archived