FM 2009:Official Norwich City Thread

Super Canaries

Norwich City F.C

2009 - 2010

norwichcityfcla6.jpg

Norwich City Football Club (also known as The Canaries) is an English professional football club based in Norwich.

Norwich are currently members of the Football League Championship. They were founder members of the Premier League in 1992-93, and played in its first three seasons reaching the UEFA Cup 3rd Round, returning for one season in 2004-05. They first won promotion to the Football League First Division in 1972, and have played a total of 18 seasons in the top flight, with a longest continuous spell of nine seasons. Norwich have won the League Cup twice, in 1962 and 1985.

The club was founded in 1902. Since 1935, Norwich have played their home games at Carrow Road and have a long-standing and fierce rivalry with East Anglian neighbours Ipswich Town, with whom they have contested the East Anglian Derby 137 times, winning 51 since 1902.

Club Information

Background:

Name: Norwich City

Nickname: The Canaries

Founded: 1902

Home Kit: Green Shorts, Yellow Shirt

Away Kit: All Black

Rivals: Ipswich

Minor Rivals: Luton, Colchester, Watford, Southend, Wolves

Affiliations: King's Lynn, Dereham, Lowestoft

Legends: Darren Eadie, Dion Dublin, Iwan Roberts

Icons: Darren Huckerby, Chris Sutton, Ian Crook, Bryan Gunn, Robert Fleck, Neil Adams

Favoured Personnel: Craig Bellamy, Mark Bowen

League: English Championship

Media Prediction: 14th

Squad Personality: Determined

Finances:

Finances: Okay

Estimated Value: £14M

Loan Debt: £18M

Balance: £7.59M

Transfer Budget: £500K

Remaining Wage Budget: £99.48K p/w

Stadium and Training:

Ground: Carrow Road

Capacity: 25,600 (All Seated)

Season Ticket Holders:

Average Ticket Price: £25

Average Season Ticket Price: £380

Training ground: Hethersett Lane

Training Facilities: Good Training Facilities

Youth Facilities: Good Youth Facilities + Youth Academy

Staff:

Chairman: Roger Mumby

Man Dir: Neil Doncaster

Director: Michael Wynn-Jones

Director: Delia Smith

Director: Michael Foulger

Head Coach: Glenn Roeder

Assistant Manager: Lee Clark

Coach: Paul Stephenson

Goalkeeper Coach: Tommy Wright

Fitness Coach: Alan Pearson

Fitness Coach: Mark Garfoot

Youth Coach: Ricky Martin

Youth Coach: Simon Charlton

Physio: Simon Spencer

Scout: Colin Watts

Scout: Brian Smith

Scout: David Martin

Scout: Brian Gunn

Scout: Robert Fleck

Norwich City's staff are really poor, You could bring in some new staff but you don't really have the money to, The money that you have got i'd recommend you buyin some players with (Loan's & Free's).

Squad:

Gk: David Marshall

Gk: Stuart Nelson

Gk: Declan Rudd

D RC: Elliot Omozusi (On Loan From Fulham)

D/WB R: Jon Otsemobor

DL: Adam Drury

D/ML: Ryan Bertrand

DL, M LC:Simon Lappin

DC: Gary Doherty

DC: John Kennedy (On Loan From Celtic)

DC: Dejan Stefanovic

DC: Troy Archibald-Henville (On Loan From Tottenham)

DC, DM, MC: Michael Spillane (On Loan To Luton)

M LC: Matty Pattinson

MC: Mark Fotheringham

MC: Sammy Clingan

AM R: Luke Chadwick

AM R: Lee Croft

AM RC: David Bell

AM LC: Wes Hoolahan

AM C: Darel Russell

AM/FC: Antoine Sibierski (On Loan From Wigan)

FC: Omar Koroma (On Loan From Portsmouth)

ST: Arturo Lupoli (On Loan From Fiorentina)

ST: Jamie Cureton

ST: Chris Martin (On Loan To Luton)

Squad Analysis:

Norwich City have a decent squad in depth and in talent. A few talents mainly come through loans has Norwich are low in transfer funds and wage's. There key player's are David Marshall (GK), Good strong GK worth £1.2m. Dejan Stefanovic (DC), Very experianced centre half, Valuable member of the squad. John Kennedy (DC), On loan from celtic for 6months, Very good Cb at heading, Marking and strength. Sammy Clingan, Don't write this player off! Iv'e played him as a fluant midfielder, Stringer nice neat passe's together. Antoine Sibierski, On loan from Wigan, make an offer for wigan to pay all his wage's has soon as you startthe game and they'll gladly accept. His experiance, Creativity and attacking qualitie's are essential for the team, Really good player. One of the weakest area's of the team is upfront. Lupoli's attibutes have dropped since FM08 and his wage's are way too much for a team on a low wage budget, I'd recommend terminating his loan along with, Omar Koroma And Troy Archibald-Henville.

Recommended Signings:

GK: Josh Lambo, Purchase for around £900K overall (Going to be one of the best keepers in the world, Only aged 17)

DC: Carlos Tordoya, Purchase him for around £260K (SOLID)

DC: Will Haining, Purchase him for around £350K

DM: Alexey Smertin, Get him on a free (Extremely good at this level)

AM C: Gerard, Get him on a free (The ex Barca midfielder, Get him quick)

AM C: Celso Borges, Purchase him for around £500K (Great young att mid)

AM RC: Stanley Aborah, Purchase for around £360K, (Great attacking centre & winger)

FC: Nenad Injac, Purchase around £400K, (Target man type of player, Heading 17, Creativity 17, Balance 18, Jumping 19, Team work 17, Work rate 16, Aged 23 Years)

Overall:

Overall in my opinion Norwich are a great team to play with, A very good test to try and get them into the EPL. I'd set your sight's on a 2/3 year promotion plan. Norwich have a mix of youth & experiance. Basic wage & transfer budget mean's you should try bringing in some loan's and freebies. You can get a some decent money off some player's Eg: Simon Lappin (I got £1.2M for him & his only worth bout £75K. Or David Marshall (Sold to Man City for £2.5M & his only worth £1.2M). Darrel Russel (£2M too Hull City, Only worth £475K). With this money you can bring in some player that iv'e mentioned above or players of your own.

I Hope You Enjoy This Thread & Good Luck !

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A very nice opening post. :thup: Some good player recommendations too.

Excellent stuff. I'd add there's plenty of recommendations for Norwich players over in The Championship Thread. However, for the sake of prosperity, I'll add my thoughts :)

First of all, my comments on the squad:

Gk: David Marshall - Superb keeper. IMO the best in the division.

Gk: Stuart Nelson - Back up to Marshy, but not all that good. Gets restless and demands a transfer eventually. But never mind...

Gk: Declan Rudd - ...because you have Declan Rudd! Rudd is a class keeper in the making and potentially a replacement for Marshall.

D RC: Elliot Omozusi (On Loan From Fulham) - Played exceptionally well in my game at right back. Well worth remembering he can do a job in the middle too. Definitely a first teamer.

D/WB R: Jon Otsemobor - Adequate back up, I occasionally used Otsemobor when I was down with a counter attacking tactic.

DL: Adam Drury - Solid, dependable left back. And if you don't like him, you can sell for £500k as well!

D/ML: Ryan Bertrand - Have used in both and actually prefered him in midfield. His offensive capabilities were better used there.

DL, M LC:Simon Lappin- With careful selling, you can get between £1mil - £1.5mil for Lappin. Do that, he's naff.

DC: Gary Doherty - The Doc is your big, strong dependable defender. Keep him around - when Kennedy leaves in January, he'll become very important for defending against the division's strong forwards.

DC: John Kennedy (On Loan From Celtic) - A class act worthy of the Premiership. Unfortunately, I've never found a way to keep him longer. Very frustrating. Replace him with Fojut of Bolton.

DC: Dejan Stefanovic - Old, slow but very, very clever. Always there when you need him, rarely beaten and rarely makes a mistake. Scores a goal or two as well.

DC: Troy Archibald-Henville (On Loan From Tottenham) - Surprisingly good. Henville went on to be my rock in central defence when I won the play offs, and he has a nice blend of pace, strength, height and power.

M LC: Matty Pattinson - Matty Patty is Mr Inconsistent. One game, he'll come on as sub and do everything perfect. The next he'll be off by half time. Did well for me as super sub, though.

MC: Mark Fotheringham - Doesn't do enough for me, and can fetch a neat £500k.

MC: Sammy Clingan - Impressive passing ability makes him a useful attacking midfielder. I had him bombing forwards and acting a bit like a focal point, spraying balls to the wings and into channels for wingers/forwards.

AM R: Luke Chadwick - At £5k a week, Chadders is definitely another best offloaded. Can fetch up to £350k.

AM R: Lee Croft - £6k a week for me is another big wage I don't think can justify. Sell for £500k and use the cash to buy Scottish duo Don Cowie and Chris Killen.

AM RC: David Bell - Many other Norwich FM09 players sell him. I keep him - and what a super sub he becomes! Scored 8 in the season when played through the middle and chipped in with some assists as well on the wing when Cowie was injured/suspended/off form.

AM LC: Wes Hoolahan- Lightweight but very gifted, Hooley is another who can thread the balls and puts a killer ball. Just don't expect any goals. Ever.

AM C: Darel Russell- For some reason, Hull love this guy. I can get £2mil for him. Make sure you do - the £2mil is far more valuable to you than Rusty is.

AM/FC: Antoine Sibierski (On Loan From Wigan) - Big Sib can do you a good job and will certinately score the goals. He's also influential in the middle of the park. Best of all, Wigan will accept a season long loan with no wage contribution. However, I'd rather have Murphy on loan in similar circumstances from Sunderland.

FC: Omar Koroma (On Loan From Portsmouth) - Relatively inexpensive, cheap striker who has his uses. I, however, think there are better available and send him back.

ST: Arturo Lupoli (On Loan From Fiorentina) - £12.5k a week for this tosh?! Get rid - there are far better!

ST: Jamie Cureton - With Jamie now 33 years young, you would probably be forgiven for thinking his better days are behind him. Sell him, for £250k while you can still get that.

Hope that helps!

Excellent stuff. I'd add there's plenty of recommendations for Norwich players over in The Championship Thread. However, for the sake of prosperity, I'll add my thoughts :)

First of all, my comments on the squad:

Gk: David Marshall - Superb keeper. IMO the best in the division.

Gk: Stuart Nelson - Back up to Marshy, but not all that good. Gets restless and demands a transfer eventually. But never mind...

Gk: Declan Rudd - ...because you have Declan Rudd! Rudd is a class keeper in the making and potentially a replacement for Marshall.

D RC: Elliot Omozusi (On Loan From Fulham) - Played exceptionally well in my game at right back. Well worth remembering he can do a job in the middle too. Definitely a first teamer.

D/WB R: Jon Otsemobor - Adequate back up, I occasionally used Otsemobor when I was down with a counter attacking tactic.

DL: Adam Drury - Solid, dependable left back. And if you don't like him, you can sell for £500k as well!

D/ML: Ryan Bertrand - Have used in both and actually prefered him in midfield. His offensive capabilities were better used there.

DL, M LC:Simon Lappin- With careful selling, you can get between £1mil - £1.5mil for Lappin. Do that, he's naff.

DC: Gary Doherty - The Doc is your big, strong dependable defender. Keep him around - when Kennedy leaves in January, he'll become very important for defending against the division's strong forwards.

DC: John Kennedy (On Loan From Celtic) - A class act worthy of the Premiership. Unfortunately, I've never found a way to keep him longer. Very frustrating. Replace him with Fojut of Bolton.

DC: Dejan Stefanovic - Old, slow but very, very clever. Always there when you need him, rarely beaten and rarely makes a mistake. Scores a goal or two as well.

DC: Troy Archibald-Henville (On Loan From Tottenham) - Surprisingly good. Henville went on to be my rock in central defence when I won the play offs, and he has a nice blend of pace, strength, height and power.

M LC: Matty Pattinson - Matty Patty is Mr Inconsistent. One game, he'll come on as sub and do everything perfect. The next he'll be off by half time. Did well for me as super sub, though.

MC: Mark Fotheringham - Doesn't do enough for me, and can fetch a neat £500k.

MC: Sammy Clingan - Impressive passing ability makes him a useful attacking midfielder. I had him bombing forwards and acting a bit like a focal point, spraying balls to the wings and into channels for wingers/forwards.

AM R: Luke Chadwick - At £5k a week, Chadders is definitely another best offloaded. Can fetch up to £350k.

AM R: Lee Croft - £6k a week for me is another big wage I don't think can justify. Sell for £500k and use the cash to buy Scottish duo Don Cowie and Chris Killen.

AM RC: David Bell - Many other Norwich FM09 players sell him. I keep him - and what a super sub he becomes! Scored 8 in the season when played through the middle and chipped in with some assists as well on the wing when Cowie was injured/suspended/off form.

AM LC: Wes Hoolahan- Lightweight but very gifted, Hooley is another who can thread the balls and puts a killer ball. Just don't expect any goals. Ever.

AM C: Darel Russell- For some reason, Hull love this guy. I can get £2mil for him. Make sure you do - the £2mil is far more valuable to you than Rusty is.

AM/FC: Antoine Sibierski (On Loan From Wigan) - Big Sib can do you a good job and will certinately score the goals. He's also influential in the middle of the park. Best of all, Wigan will accept a season long loan with no wage contribution. However, I'd rather have Murphy on loan in similar circumstances from Sunderland.

FC: Omar Koroma (On Loan From Portsmouth) - Relatively inexpensive, cheap striker who has his uses. I, however, think there are better available and send him back.

ST: Arturo Lupoli (On Loan From Fiorentina) - £12.5k a week for this tosh?! Get rid - there are far better!

ST: Jamie Cureton - With Jamie now 33 years young, you would probably be forgiven for thinking his better days are behind him. Sell him, for £250k while you can still get that.

Hope that helps!

Great post!

Hope to have many more :cool:

Don Cowie - £400K (Inverness From Scotland)

His free kick is his main attribute, Very good at Championship level.

Ian Walker - On loan from Bolton (SOLID keeper, Expecially one on one's)

Mascio - I haven't actually brought him, But i know his really cheap, Something like £75K, His free kick taking is 19, And he develops into a great little player (Premiership class in the future)

I've been playing as Norwich, and we're doing all right. It is January the 1st in my game and we sit 13th in the table. I'm hoping we can push on from that and have a good run in at the end of the season.

My team is ok, but could do with some improvement.

GK - David Marshall - Has been absolutely brilliant.

RB - Elliot Omozusi

CB - Glauber (on loan from Man City)

CB - Carlos Tordoya (350k)

LB - Ryan Betrand

DM - Cevasco (free)

CMR - Lucian Sanmartean (free)

CM - Fabian Delph (had on loan till January, now signed for 700k)

CML - Sammy Clingan

ST - Sebastian Abreu

ST - Chris Killen (100k)

I'm pretty happy with my team, apart from Chris Killen who is not scoring frequently enough for my liking.

When ever i play Stefanovic he acts like a dumbass! :(

Always makes mistakes & is hesitant with the ball

Iv'e just finished my 1st season, I came a crappy 20th Haha

My team is quite good though... My side is looking more to the future with... Josh Lambo... Regina & Mascio...

MASCIO is a brilliant player! (AM RC)

So is Regina (L WB)

Anyway...

Could anybody tell me any players who i could sign or loan?

Because iv'e never done a season before & i don't know any player availabilitie's

Thanks... :)

i have to disagree with your stef review tho licoln!

he is slow makes loads of mistakes!! own goals and red cards!! and now is unhappy with fozzy for some unknown reason

and i got kennedy for 1.1 mill in jan

I assume you're speaking of Stefanovic.

I'll be honest and say he was third choice and rarely played. My first choice was John Kennedy and Troy Archibald Henville. After January, my first choice became Jaroslav Fojut (from Bolton) and Troy Archibald Henville. Stefanovic was used as a substitute and did very well in that capacity.

Kennedy for £1.1mil is a good signing; I must admit when the patch is released, I may consider bringing him in for a season in the Premiership.

as ive started with no 1st window transfer budget ,tell u what i need a striker and i need 1 now ,who should i get in on loan ????????? please help

Hi Rooney,

You could do much worse than looking at Michael Chopra or Daryl Murphy from Sunderland. Chopra is very inconsistent but scores goals and Murphy is a tall, strong lad who will mix it up with the best of them. Both will come on loan as well.

Hi Rooney,

You could do much worse than looking at Michael Chopra or Daryl Murphy from Sunderland. Chopra is very inconsistent but scores goals and Murphy is a tall, strong lad who will mix it up with the best of them. Both will come on loan as well.

yeh cheers mate,thanks for ya help

I'm about three quarters of the way through my first season with Norwich. Didn't play the demo, so just started out with the squad I had, however I seem to have found quite a few nice players.

Transfers out

Darel Russell to Birmingham £500k

Simon Lappin to Southend £150k

Adam Drury to Barnsley £400k

Jon Otsemobor to N. Forest £190k

Luke Chadwick to Blackpool £100k

Matty Pattison to Crewe £100k

Transfers in (the main ones who play regularly without the 15/16yr olds I've signed for the future)

Sander Puri from Levadia £70k

Henri Anier from Flora £35k

Richard Offiong from Hamilton £220k ---> probably my least impressive signing

Mimes Sisic from Olympiakos £350k

Antoine Sibierski from Wigan £200k ---> Top scorer so far with 16 in 28

Kristoffer Bertolino from IFK Malmo £10k

Miguel Rebosio from Cesar Vallejio ---> Freebie at end of contract

Mehdi Ballouchi from Colorado £55k

Herold Goulon ----> From the 'released players' trail day - very good DM

I orginally terminated Sibierski's loan and then signed him on a two year contract. Apart from this I terminated the loan of Lupilo (too expensive) and Omar Korma. Kept the others and they have performed okay.

I play 3-4-3 in the following way...

GK - Marshall

DC - Rebosio (was Kennedy until Jan 1st but couldn't get him to re-sign on loan until end of season)

DC - Omozusi

DC - Stefanovic or Archibald Henville

MR - Puri

ML - Hoolahan

MC - Fotheringham

MC - Ballouchi

ST - Henri Anier

ST - Halilovic

ST - Sibierski

S1 - Nelson or Rudd

S2 - Goulon

S3 - Bell

S4 - Bertrand ----> Seems to prefer playing ML, so gets subbed on a lot to cover for Hoolahan

S5 - Sisic ----> Super sub. Dribbling of 16, Tech 15 and Acceleration of 14 just watch him go...

With this squad I'm currently nestled into 4th place, after telling the board I'd aim for safe mid-table. The only thing that the board haven't appreciated is the signing of Henri Anier, but he is 17 at start of the game but is improving rapidly under thte tution of Sibierski....

I'm about three quarters of the way through my first season with Norwich. Didn't play the demo, so just started out with the squad I had, however I seem to have found quite a few nice players.

Transfers out

Darel Russell to Birmingham £500k

Simon Lappin to Southend £150k

Adam Drury to Barnsley £400k

Jon Otsemobor to N. Forest £190k

Luke Chadwick to Blackpool £100k

Matty Pattison to Crewe £100k

Transfers in (the main ones who play regularly without the 15/16yr olds I've signed for the future)

Sander Puri from Levadia £70k

Henri Anier from Flora £35k

Richard Offiong from Hamilton £220k ---> probably my least impressive signing

Mimes Sisic from Olympiakos £350k

Antoine Sibierski from Wigan £200k ---> Top scorer so far with 16 in 28

Kristoffer Bertolino from IFK Malmo £10k

Miguel Rebosio from Cesar Vallejio ---> Freebie at end of contract

Mehdi Ballouchi from Colorado £55k

Herold Goulon ----> From the 'released players' trail day - very good DM

I orginally terminated Sibierski's loan and then signed him on a two year contract. Apart from this I terminated the loan of Lupilo (too expensive) and Omar Korma. Kept the others and they have performed okay.

I play 3-4-3 in the following way...

GK - Marshall

DC - Rebosio (was Kennedy until Jan 1st but couldn't get him to re-sign on loan until end of season)

DC - Omozusi

DC - Stefanovic or Archibald Henville

MR - Puri

ML - Hoolahan

MC - Fotheringham

MC - Ballouchi

ST - Henri Anier

ST - Halilovic

ST - Sibierski

S1 - Nelson or Rudd

S2 - Goulon

S3 - Bell

S4 - Bertrand ----> Seems to prefer playing ML, so gets subbed on a lot to cover for Hoolahan

S5 - Sisic ----> Super sub. Dribbling of 16, Tech 15 and Acceleration of 14 just watch him go...

With this squad I'm currently nestled into 4th place, after telling the board I'd aim for safe mid-table. The only thing that the board haven't appreciated is the signing of Henri Anier, but he is 17 at start of the game but is improving rapidly under thte tution of Sibierski....

Sounds like your doing very well...

The player's who you have sold tho you can get much much much more for...

You can sell Russel for 2m

Lappin for 1.2m

Drury for £500k

It doesn't matter though because your doing so well...

Can i ask about your 3-4-3 formation...

How do you play?

doesn't your defence fall to pieces with only 3 Cb's?

To be honest when I sold them I wasn't really concerned with what I got for them, however I figured that I'd sold them for a lot less than what I could have got for them.

As for the 3-4-3, the defence has conceeded 32 goals so far, although I do still have 15 games to play. I set the mentalities of the defence to all out defend and tell them to stay back at all times. This way I find they rarely go beyond the halfway line.

Admittedly I use my own training schedules that seem to work where the defenders spend alot of time on defence, tatical, strength and agility.

To be honest when I sold them I wasn't really concerned with what I got for them, however I figured that I'd sold them for a lot less than what I could have got for them.

As for the 3-4-3, the defence has conceeded 32 goals so far, although I do still have 15 games to play. I set the mentalities of the defence to all out defend and tell them to stay back at all times. This way I find they rarely go beyond the halfway line.

Admittedly I use my own training schedules that seem to work where the defenders spend alot of time on defence, tatical, strength and agility.

Niceeeee...

My next formation will be a 3-4-3 :p

what tactic are you all using?

I'm finding it really hard to find a win.

my team is.

Marshall

Drury

Bertrant (loan)

stefanovic

Doherty

Omser (something - loan)

Seyfo

Croft

Chadwick

Russell

Randall (loan from arsenal)

Hoolahan

Morton

Makukula

Cureton

Chopra (loan)

Murphy (loan)

what tactic are you all using?

I'm finding it really hard to find a win.

my team is.

Marshall

Drury

Bertrant (loan)

stefanovic

Doherty

Omser (something - loan)

Seyfo

Croft

Chadwick

Russell

Randall (loan from arsenal)

Hoolahan

Morton

Makukula

Cureton

Chopra (loan)

Murphy (loan)

Is that your full squad?

If so you should bring in somemore players on loan/free/transfer to add depth,

I use my own tactic, It's a 4-4-2...

But if you'd rather have it easier you can go into the Tactic's and training tips forum...

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

I'd recommend Knap's http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=75517

Or Big H's http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=68241

Good Luck :thup:

No just my main players except i forgot to add Lee ho.

I've recently signed on loan Ghali and barazite on loan.

this is my full squad : http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=teamrc0.jpg

You've got a decent squad there...

You weakest point is midfield on the flanks, You haven't really got any cover.

Try signing, Don Cowie / Mascio, Or you culd play Bertrand on the Mid Left,

HWhat are you doing about your tactics?

You sorted them out?

Yes and no on the tactics, im still having inconsistant results. I tried making my own 3-4-3 tactic which went well for one game which i beat ipswich 3-0 and had over 60% possesion and from there i kept losing but having loads of possesion. I have not decided to try Big H's attacking tactic which is giving me more wins 3 our of 5 so far with 1 loss.

Since i posted my squad i've lost murphy and chopra :( but i've brought in Fabian Brandy and Rade Prica (who is great) both on loan. I only have 110k left until next season but i'm not a feeder club for Man Utd and hope i can use that to an advantage next season. I can't seem to find Mascio, is he on all updates? i'm using Large DB.

i managed to scrape into the playoffs in my first season and beat Derby 1-0 to make the Premier League! Couldn't believe it. used a 4-1-3-2 formation with a great counter-attack set up and although i didn't score a huge number of goals i kept alot of clean sheets.First season in premier league i bought altidore, dos santos (tottenham sold him for 4.5m),kompany(man city gave him away for 3.8m) and got beckham on a free (WTF!)lost marshall to villa and sold croft and drury for inflated prices (swansea seem to have a lot of cash?!). bloody hard season and was predicted to go back down but stayed up - 17th (was four points clear of the drop). struggled to score any goals but at the end of the season grabbed guti, edu, van hummels, juan on free transfers. got a good transfer kitty at last and i splashed out to by pele in goal. he was amazing in second season in premier but then man utd offered 9m and the player wanted to go so i lost him, then barca offered 21.5 for dos santos and he was off. beckham is still a star and altidore is finally banging in the goals. am currently 7th halfway through third season (second in premier) and am doing OK. cleared the clubs debts and we've improved facilities and expanded stadium by 7000. it cant get any bigger so i guess a new ground is the only option? can finally attract some decent staff so have got good training and scouting - shame most players won't come to the Canaries!

im just into feb of my first season after what can only be described as a disastrous december i spent bit of money on

keith andrew - 650k

martin taylor - 900k

and robert lewendowski - 1mil

he is a 21 year old pol and has a amazing scoring record hopefully he can do it for me cause i need him im 13th and 13 points of playoffs (although im not really confident of making them)

stunimmo1 i play 4132 and it doesnt really work for me that well what counter attack set up did u use?

lot of tweaking to get the counter attack spot on, but direct passing from back four (my DR/L are set to defensive mentality), focused my passing through the middle (that way it gets to the strikers quickly), quick tempo and allowed my strikers more freedom and run with the ball. other than that i don't think i'm doing anything special - players just seem to follow the game plan really well.

beckham has been my best signing - number of younger players that are keen to come simply because he is at the club is great! just splashed out and bought saivet for 7.5m. everyone seems to be raving about him so see if he will be good enough to crack the first team or if he needs more time.

dropped my last four games to the big four (nasty schedule - chelsea away 1-3, man utd at home 2-3 (last minute winner to rooney), liverpool at home 1-2 and arsenal away 1-4 (first string defence all injured or suspended!) but won the important one against Ipswich in the 4th round of the FA Cup!

... i cannot read,i cannot write, but i don't care cause my tractors nice...

Just finished my first season with Norwich. Managed to fluke 2nd place behind Reading (I ended the season with 87pts, Reading had 112pts and Derby in third with 83pts).

Now on to the start of the second season. Going to stick to the 3-4-3 formation for a while and see what happens. More updates to follow.

I just finished my first season as norwich, i finished 8th which im pretty happy about. i would of made playoffs if it wasnt for the worst first halfs of a season ive had! But followed by one of the best second halfs im really confident that second season is mine for the taking

ive signed

Robert lewandowski - 1 mill (championship signing of season)

kieth andrews - 600k (championship runner up signing of the season)

martin taylor - 900k

ross wallace - free

glauber- free

jason scotland - 800k

im pretty happy with those and definatly aiming promo this year

Well i've started as the caneries and have a 3 year promotion plan (mid table year 1, top half year 2, promotion year 3). I've terminated all the staff except from the 2 youth coaches and have brought in some quality unemployed or work for an international club staff! Now i have really good training and good scouts too! I'm relying on the current squad and the free-agents and youngsters i've brought in too do a decent job for me as i can't afford any other decent players!

Started the second season. Haven't signed anyone spectacular as board only gave me 2.5mil to get to mid table safety.

Unfortunatly I've started with Man U at home (lost 2-5) and Everton away (drew 1-1). Think that I may have to revert to more normal formation soon instead of the 3-4-3 that served me so well in the Championship.

my third season just completed and we came an astonishing 5th - 17 points behind 4th though! strange table though - chelsea, everton, arsenal and man city made up top four. man utd and liverpool were 9th and 10th respectively?! now hopefully with improved finances and playing in Europe we might be able to attract some top players. Need a forward/striker to partner altidore and have to start grooming a replacement for Beckham - even at 35 he was probably my best player all season. a signing from Crystal Palace - David Brown - has proven to be a stunning signing and apparently has the potential to be the best player in the club, and i got him for just 160K!

have my eyes on michal blazak to try and shore up the defence which started to leak a few goals towards the end of the season. and have bought Fiorillo (joining at start of new season) as future GK - i keep reading about him on the forums so hope he turns out to be as good as scouts reckon! am in the market for a great goalkeeper but slim pickings to be found - possibly Ochoa?

have resigned Beckham for another year <gulp> as just about every youth player is 'honoured to be at same club as Beckham'! Guti might get the flick (now 34) and not sure if I renew Edu's contract as he doesn't quite work as midfielder (better just behind front two) in the role i want him to play.

one comment - Ipswich are interested in a lot of my players... would that happen in real life?

For those who care or want ideas:

My team stands as

GK: Marshall/ Ward(Loan)

DR: Pignol (R.Zaragoza 35K)

DL: Bertrand (Loan)

DC: Stefanovic/ Glauber(Loan)/ Kennedy(Loan)

MC: Smertin (Free)/ Herrero(R.Zaragoza 600K)

AMR: Sanmartean (Free)/Croft

AML: Ljunberg (Seattle 14K)/ Fleck(Loan)

FC: Murphy (Loan)/ Chopra (Loan)/ Seleznyov(Shaktar 775K)

Plus the rest.

Currently 3rd in late December 2008

I could not recommend Ljunberg, Smertin, Seleznyov and Sanmartean more

I sold the following to raise the funds:

Ostemboor (1mil)

Russell (1mil)

Lappin (500K)

Fotheringon (500K)

Cureton (250K)

Drury (725K)

Any ideas for when I get promoted? Quality signings etc. Will raid the transfer market and get as max loans too.

For those who care or want ideas:

My team stands as

GK: Marshall/ Ward(Loan)

DR: Pignol (R.Zaragoza 35K)

DL: Bertrand (Loan)

DC: Stefanovic/ Glauber(Loan)/ Kennedy(Loan)

MC: Smertin (Free)/ Herrero(R.Zaragoza 600K)

AMR: Sanmartean (Free)/Croft

AML: Ljunberg (Seattle 14K)/ Fleck(Loan)

FC: Murphy (Loan)/ Chopra (Loan)/ Seleznyov(Shaktar 775K)

Plus the rest.

Currently 3rd in late December 2008

I could not recommend Ljunberg, Smertin, Seleznyov and Sanmartean more

I sold the following to raise the funds:

Ostemboor (1mil)

Russell (1mil)

Lappin (500K)

Fotheringon (500K)

Cureton (250K)

Drury (725K)

Any ideas for when I get promoted? Quality signings etc. Will raid the transfer market and get as max loans too.

Iv'e started a new game with Norwich on the new patch.. And Sunderland won't let Murphy go on loan due to first team plans :(

Erm... Get Ross Wallace in your second season, You can get him for free as well, Got great stats and he is fairly young :p

Also try Henrik Larsson, Mascio, Injac, Fat Ronaldo, James Mcarthy, Fabian Delph, Stanley Aborah, Celso Borges, Lewandowski or Killian Brennan.

Urgh. Note to self, need to back up next game. Was half through saving my game last night and had a power cut that corrupted it. DOH! Oh well, back to the drawing board,

Anyway I've signed James Chester from Man Utd. Seems that he could be a quality signing for the canaries...

have restarted game after new patch installed... bloody hell it''s hard work! Alot of the signings that were recommended just won't come to the club and injuries seem to be even worse! have five strikers injured... am having to use danny kelly up front! also unable to sell lappin for the previous millions - in fact the players that usually reap about 3m when sold now only get you half that. i feel it will be alot harder to get into the playoffs this time around. oh well - time to do some wheeling and dealing...

I'm currently 4th in the league after 32 games gone in the first season on the new patch. Unable to get large fees for players anymore so have to look for bargains and loan players. Got rid of quite a few players at the start and changed much of the backroom staff. Star player has to be Dejan Stefanovic who has an average rating of 7.24 (from 30 apps) and has amazingly scored 7 goals. I've set him to challenge the keeper from corners and it works pretty well. My team at the moment is...

GK: Marshall/Lambo(6k in Jan from FC Dallas)

RB: Omozusi/Hector (free)

LB: Bertrand/Drury

CB: Stefanovic/Tordoya (140k Bolivar) - Hector and Omozusi can both play here too.

CM: Binya (55k Benfica)/Clingan/Smertin (free)

AMs: Kallon (free)/Krivets (400k BATE)/Bell/Hoolahan/Croft (AMR/L is quite flexible as many can play in both positions or as an AMC)

ST: Omotoyossi (400k + sell-on Al-Nassr)/Connolly (275k Sunderland)/Sibierski/Almerares (3k Basel)

At different stages during the season had on loan...

Ruddy (Everton), Gibson (Man U), Velicka (Rangers), Merida (Arsenal)

In Jan signed a few youngsters highly recommended by scouts...

N'Gossan (75k + sell on ASEC), Bakenga (1k + sell on Rosenborg), Todorov (140k Ascoli), Fidjeland (100k + sell on Start)

Players sold...

Fotheringham (350k Bristol City), Cureton (200k Cardiff), Lappin (250k Crewe), Chadwick (150k Wolves), Otsemobor (250k QPR), Doherty (200k Coventry), Pattison (40k Cheltenham), Russell (200k St Mirren)

Staff in..

Al Stewart (Asst Man - Man City), Whelan and Martin (Man U) Beasley (Leeds) Othen (Macclesfield)

Staff out...

Stephenson, Pearson, Wright, Garfoot, Frampton... had to keep Charlton as he was too expensive to get rid of.

Just finished the first season and lost out to Sheffield Wednesday in the play off final 4-3.

In the Jan 09 transfer window added Zanol (Juventude free) Simone Del Nero (Lazio - 250k), Robert Feczesin (Brescia 220k) and Nicolai Boilesen (Brondby 40k). Feczesin went on a bit of blitz and scored 8 in 12. Then he was in and out injured for the season.

Just at the start of the second season having signed Todorov and Fernando (Vasco - 160k).

More updates to follow.

Typed up a massive summary of my first season earlier but lost it all somehow :( I'm just about to play my last pre-season friendly after finishing 8th last time round. Was headed for the play offs but had a patch of bad form right at the end of the season. Looking for promotion this season as my squad is looking very nice now, just struggling tactically.

Transfers in first season:

Darren Ward - Loan

Alexey Smertin - Free

Stanley Aborah - £100k

Michael Morton - £50k

Ariza Makukula - £120k

Danny Grainger - £350k

Paul Huntington - £300k

Leroy Lita £400k

Ben Burgess - P/ex Simon Lappin

Jerome Thomas - Loan

Josh Lambo - £6k

Henri Camara - £180k

Darren Huckerby - £400k

Giles Barnes - £500k

Transfers out first season:

Danny Kelly - Free

David Cooper - Free

Mark Fotheringham -£500k

Jamie Cureton - £240k

Stuart Nelson - Free

Carl Cort - Free

Darel Russell - £500k

Lee Croft - £200k

The board gave me £3m when I asked for more transfer money, completely unrealistic but hey! Added a first option on Leroy Lita as the press have mentioned he should be available for £400k in January. Might be a slight bit of cheating but I don't mind.

Second season transfers in:

David Robertson - Free

Aidan White - £100k

Christos Karypidis - Free

James McCarthy - £95k

Elliot Omozusi - £325k

Andy Dorman - Free

Michael Mifsud - Free

Glauber - Free

Djimi Traore - Free

Tommy Forecast - Loan

Second season transfers out:

Korey Smith - Free

Nick Davey - Free

Ben Burgess - £250k

Luke Chadwick - Free

Matty Pattison - £75k

Alexey Smertin - £50k

Gary Doherty - £65k

Ariza Makukula was outstanding, he scored so many for me. I bought Henri Camara in January and he was awesome as well, well worth signing if you can get him cheap and afford his wages. Huckerby was easily my worst signing but I love the guy so :D

Not much money to play with second season but Middlesbrough have just offered £7.75m for 28 year old Makukula and the board have accepted. Should be able to replace him easily for under a million. Quite a tidy profit if I don't say so myself. He'll probably be listed again by January and I can get him back on the cheap :D

Prospective First XI for the new season:

GK: Marshall

DR: Omozusi

DL: Traore

DC: Glauber

DC: Grainger

MR: Barnes

ML: Hoolahan

MCd: Morton

MCa: Dorman

ST: Henri Camara

ST: Leroy Lita

:)

Just started a season played 1 game.

Currently using Razor tactic, I signed:

Alexey Smertin, Free

Adam Le Fondre, 70k Rochdale

Matty Fryatt, 500k Leicester

Steven Appiah, Free

Stanley Aborah, 250k FC Den Boch

Out:

Mark Fotheringham, 300k Burnley

Adam Drury, 300k Barnsley

Robert Eagle loan

I also terminated loans for Troy Acrhiville Henville, Omar Koroma and Arturo Lupoli. I also got Sibierski until end of season.

First game and I drew to Sheffield Wednedsday at Carrow Road.

And won cup tie 3-1 against Rotherham at there place.

I will keep you posted!

Just a little update on the season so far. Started off rather well with . However, since that i have not won in 10 games and slipping down the table. My team has lost all confidence.

squad091208rl7.th.png

On a happier note, i asked for some more transfer funds and got £2.5M. Looking for a target man and a left and right winger. Hoolahan has been brilliant so far on the left but only have Jerome Thomas on loan as cover. On the right, Miroslav Radovic has been decent without being spectacular.

Any recommentations would be greatfully received

On a happier note, i asked for some more transfer funds and got £2.5M. Looking for a target man and a left and right winger. Hoolahan has been brilliant so far on the left but only have Jerome Thomas on loan as cover. On the right, Miroslav Radovic has been decent without being spectacular.

Any recommentations would be greatfully received

Try and get Ariza Makukula, will probably set you back around £150k. He was my top scorer first season and is a fan's favourite now. Munby sold him for me at the start of the second season :( although I did get £7.75m for him!

10 games into the new season, started off very well and was sitting 2nd but have slipped down over the past few games. Very, very tight though so could move up loads with just one win.

Brought in Andrius Velicka (6 goals in 6 games) for £250k to replace Makukula and he's done quite well. Also, Sheffield United got relegated and have severe money problems. Managed to get hold of Paddy Kenny, James Beattie and Alan Quinn for the combined total of £50,000!

:D

• 2 weeks later...

I sold Lappin, Russell, Chadwick, Fotheringham and I terminated Lupoli, Archibald-Henville and Koroma's loans.

Not too much to spend so I bought Jon Daly from Scotland somewhere, Pratley from Swansea and Smertin and De La Cruz on frees. I got Wilshere, Merida, Lansbury, Sears, Collison all on 3 months loans, but got rid of Merida, Lansbury, Sears, Collison as weren't good enough for me (hard to believe i know!)

So far 10 games in, knocking out Sunderland out in Carling Cup and going pretty well. Lita and Daly are awesome up front

Archived