Idea - Job Interview.

Idea...

When applying for a job, either as an unemployed manager, or from a lower club, it could be a feature to add an Interview.

If you're shortlisted, you could attend an interview with the clubs chairman, where you would be asked a series of questions.

These could include such things as your imidiate ambitions, tactical preferences, financial style, and general questions that would either endear or damage your impression on the chairman.

Chairmans personalities would define your chances (i.e. Patience/ Intererence/ Attack/ Defense attributes), with "better" answers not only winning you the job, but allowing for more leeway when negotiating your contract.

Thoughts ?

good idea, going back to chairman tho i feel the manager should be able to have more interaction with the chairman, maybe being able to praise them for the money they've put in the club or goto the media to complain etc so the chairman feels more as if its part of the game and someone you can interact with just like you can interact with players and other staff

thing is. si dont have a good track record with making questions and answers relate to each other. so you'd only find yourself having to say the same things every time to get the job. it would be just another major disappointment.

But unlike press conferences you won't be getting a new job every other week, so there's no reason why they can't add enough variety to make it a worthwhile addition

thing is. si dont have a good track record with making questions and answers relate to each other. so you'd only find yourself having to say the same things every time to get the job. it would be just another major disappointment.

Part of his idea was that each chairman would be different though, so you'd have to answer differently.

Cracking idea btw.

:thup:

I haven't yet seen an answer that I have given, not have some relation to the question that was asked, so I'd say they have a good track record of it.

Also, in an interview of course your going to say the same thing. If your an attack minded manager, your going to say you look to attack. I don't understand your problem with that.

I like the idea aslong as it doesn't have too much bearing on you actually getting the job. For me, I'd prefer it to be used to see how much confidence the new board will have in you. So they could trust you with mroe money etc.

It's already too hard to get a job on FM so I don't want to lose a job because I answer one question wrongly.

I like the idea aslong as it doesn't have too much bearing on you actually getting the job. For me, I'd prefer it to be used to see how much confidence the new board will have in you. So they could trust you with mroe money etc.

It's already too hard to get a job on FM so I don't want to lose a job because I answer one question wrongly.

Agree with this. Using it as a chance to tell the board how you want to run the club(you want to pick feeder clubs from the off, you'll want money to spend, you won't want to sell, etc.) seems a better idea to me.

Archived