fm 2009 official peterborough

rtgr

just started a game as peterborough united and saw their wasnt an official one... not sure if any randomer can make official threads but ah well one can only try :)

Peterborough United Football Club is an English professional football team based in Peterborough. It played in League One for the 2008-09 season having finished second in League Two in the 2007-08 season. The club was formed in 1934 and played in the old Midland League, which it won six times. The club was admitted to the Football League in 1960, replacing Gateshead F.C.

It plays at London Road, Peterborough. The club nickname is The Posh. Among Peterborough United's local rivals are Northampton Town F.C. and Cambridge United F.C..

Peterborough's greatest player is Terry Bly. He scored 52 goals in the first season as a Football League club, as it sealed the Fourth Division championship. Many fans would say Blys' striker partner Denis Emery was the better all-round player.

The club also produced successful young players, including Simon Davies (now at Fulham), Matthew Etherington (now at West Ham United) and Adam Drury (now at Norwich City).

During the 2005-06 season the club had three managers: team owner Barry Fry returned to management following former England international Mark Wright's sacking in January. Wright's assistant Steve Bleasdale was then appointed acting manager, but resigned in April. Keith Alexander joined as manager from Lincoln City for 2006-07 .

On September 18, 2006 Peterborough United announced the "biggest signing in the club's history", new chairman Darragh MacAnthony chairman of MRI Overseas Property. MacAnthony has bought 200 shares in PUFC and said his goal is to become the sole owner. In its AGM of 05/09/2006 Posh Supporters' Trust said it owned 1390 shares. The deal was delayed in November 2006 when the owner of the ground, Peterborough United Holdings (PUHL), refused the sale until it had planning permission for development of the Moyes End terrace and building of 135 flats. Despite

A £1m bid for striker Izale McLeod was rejected by his club, MK Dons. They have since signed George Boyd from Stevenage for a reported £260,000 [1] , Aaron McLean from Grays Athletic for around £150,000 [2] and Josh Low from Leicester for a fee rising to £100,000 [3].

It has also signed 32-year-old central midfielder Micah Hyde for £75,000 (rising to £100,000 if Peterborough get promotion) from Burnley; and goalkeeper Shwan Jalal from Woking for an undisclosed fee.

While Alexander had some success, leading the club to its best start to a season and keeping in the play-off positions for most of the 2006-07 season, he was sacked in January due to six defeats in a row, and his long-ball tactics met with disapproval among fans even when the club was near the top of the table. After a caretaker spell by Tommy Taylor, Darren Ferguson was installed as player-manager.

Ferguson had a good start to his career, and was unlucky to only gain 1 point from his first 3 games after some good performances. The first win was against his former club, Wrexham.

Ferguson appointed Kevin Russell as assistant and Ben MacKenzie as fitness coach.

Darragh MacAnthony has proposed a 15,000 all-seater stadium to replace the London Road, which has a capacity of 15,314, [3]

On 19 April 2008, Peterborough were promoted to the Coca-Cola Football League One after Dean Keates header secured a 1-0 victory against Hereford United.

On Friday 18 January 2008 Peterborough United announced a three-year sponsorship from adidas to supply kit beginning 2008–09

Honours

League One (including Second Division and (Old) Third Division)

Play-Off Winners: 1991/92.

League Two (including Third Division and (Old) Fourth Division)

Winners: 1960/61, 1973/74

Runners Up: 2007/08.

Play-Off Winners: 1999/00.

Promoted: 1990/91.

Current squad

No. Position Player

1 Flag of England GK Joe Lewis

2 Flag of England DF Russell Martin (captain)

3 Flag of England DF Shane Blackett

4 Flag of Wales DF Craig Morgan

5 Flag of England DF Chris Westwood

6 Flag of England DF Charlie Lee

9 Flag of England FW Aaron McLean

10 Flag of England MF George Boyd

11 Flag of England MF Dean Keates

12 Flag of England FW Craig Mackail-Smith

13 Flag of Ireland GK James McKeown

15 Flag of Scotland MF Paul Coutts

17 Flag of England DF Jamie Day

No. Position Player

18 Flag of England MF Chris Whelpdale

21 Flag of Cyprus DF Tom Williams

22 Flag of Argentina MF Sergio Torres

23 Flag of England MF Billy Crook

24 Flag of England FW Shaun Batt

25 Flag of England MF Dominic Green

26 Flag of the Democratic Republic of the Congo DF Gabriel Zakuani (on loan from Fulham)

28 Flag of England DF Craig Braham-Barrett

29 Flag of England MF Lewis Webb

30 Flag of Wales MF Andrew Crofts (on loan from Gillingham)

31 Flag of England DF Sam Gaughran

32 Flag of England DF Danny Andrew

33 Flag of England DF Danny Blanchett

Out on loan

No. Position Player

7 Flag of England FW Scott Rendell (at Cambridge United until 1 January 2009)

14 Flag of England FW Liam Hatch (at Darlington until 31 December 2008)

16 Flag of England FW Rene Howe (at Morecambe until 30 June 2009)

19 Flag of England DF Kieran Charnock (at Accrington Stanley until 3 January 2009)

20 Flag of England MF Alfie Potter (at Kettering Town until 31 December 2008)

34 Flag of England GK Mark Tyler (at Watford until 29 November 2008)

obviously this is from wikipedia and some of the players wont be their until the next patch

this is the squad at the start of the new 9.0.1 patch:

gk: joe lewis

gk:mark tyler

dc chris westwood

dr,mc: russell martin

dc: shane blackett

dc keiron charnock

dc craig morgan

dc, dm, dmc: charlie lee

lb: tom williams

dmc: micah hyde

mc: dean keates

amrc: sergio torres

amr: chris weepdale

amlc,fc: george boyd

st: aaron mcclean

st: craig mickail smith

i feel this is a good team with good finances for league one will be able to sign players that could quite easily take you too the premier league

on my save i have signed:

Ljungberg 16k

lansbury

randall

ronald huth

jay simpson all on loan

mascio 30k

juha hakola 100k

seyfo soley free

future transfers:

miguel cevasco free

erick delgado (peru gk) free

miguel rebosio free

this was too show the kind of players you could buy when doing your summer shopping http://community.sigames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

have fun with the game :)

comon people theirs gotta be somebody playing as peterborough??

Yeah I am, started off at huddersfield, then moved to Raith and then offered Peterborough. Moved midway through season 3 and just managed to avoid relegation to league 2. Sold a pile of players including charlie lee £525k and Howe (Bosman to Aberdeen). Just starting off season and looking for some astute purchases. The club is in the red and I need to balance the books! Also quit parent club with Man Utd and chose Arsenal instead.

hey, I'm a boro boy, playing with them now, not doing overly well. Can't score for toffee. Got Mascio, loaned Zakuani and Lansbury. Currently 2nd bottom in league 1 with 3 defeats in 3. In my defence I did play Leeds, Scunthorpe and MK Dons. Leeds and Scunthorpe I lost 2-1 with both getting a pen. I lost the MK game 1-0 after having 6 shots on goal 6 shots off target and then capitulating and letting them score in the 90th min. Oh my parent club is spurs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
just started a game as peterborough united and saw their wasnt an official one... not sure if any randomer can make official threads but ah well one can only try :)

Peterborough United Football Club is an English professional football team based in Peterborough. It played in League One for the 2008-09 season having finished second in League Two in the 2007-08 season. The club was formed in 1934 and played in the old Midland League, which it won six times. The club was admitted to the Football League in 1960, replacing Gateshead F.C.

It plays at London Road, Peterborough. The club nickname is The Posh. Among Peterborough United's local rivals are Northampton Town F.C. and Cambridge United F.C..

Peterborough's greatest player is Terry Bly. He scored 52 goals in the first season as a Football League club, as it sealed the Fourth Division championship. Many fans would say Blys' striker partner Denis Emery was the better all-round player.

The club also produced successful young players, including Simon Davies (now at Fulham), Matthew Etherington (now at West Ham United) and Adam Drury (now at Norwich City).

During the 2005-06 season the club had three managers: team owner Barry Fry returned to management following former England international Mark Wright's sacking in January. Wright's assistant Steve Bleasdale was then appointed acting manager, but resigned in April. Keith Alexander joined as manager from Lincoln City for 2006-07 .

On September 18, 2006 Peterborough United announced the "biggest signing in the club's history", new chairman Darragh MacAnthony chairman of MRI Overseas Property. MacAnthony has bought 200 shares in PUFC and said his goal is to become the sole owner. In its AGM of 05/09/2006 Posh Supporters' Trust said it owned 1390 shares. The deal was delayed in November 2006 when the owner of the ground, Peterborough United Holdings (PUHL), refused the sale until it had planning permission for development of the Moyes End terrace and building of 135 flats. Despite

A £1m bid for striker Izale McLeod was rejected by his club, MK Dons. They have since signed George Boyd from Stevenage for a reported £260,000 [1] , Aaron McLean from Grays Athletic for around £150,000 [2] and Josh Low from Leicester for a fee rising to £100,000 [3].

It has also signed 32-year-old central midfielder Micah Hyde for £75,000 (rising to £100,000 if Peterborough get promotion) from Burnley; and goalkeeper Shwan Jalal from Woking for an undisclosed fee.

While Alexander had some success, leading the club to its best start to a season and keeping in the play-off positions for most of the 2006-07 season, he was sacked in January due to six defeats in a row, and his long-ball tactics met with disapproval among fans even when the club was near the top of the table. After a caretaker spell by Tommy Taylor, Darren Ferguson was installed as player-manager.

Ferguson had a good start to his career, and was unlucky to only gain 1 point from his first 3 games after some good performances. The first win was against his former club, Wrexham.

Ferguson appointed Kevin Russell as assistant and Ben MacKenzie as fitness coach.

Darragh MacAnthony has proposed a 15,000 all-seater stadium to replace the London Road, which has a capacity of 15,314, [3]

On 19 April 2008, Peterborough were promoted to the Coca-Cola Football League One after Dean Keates header secured a 1-0 victory against Hereford United.

On Friday 18 January 2008 Peterborough United announced a three-year sponsorship from adidas to supply kit beginning 2008–09

Honours

League One (including Second Division and (Old) Third Division)

Play-Off Winners: 1991/92.

League Two (including Third Division and (Old) Fourth Division)

Winners: 1960/61, 1973/74

Runners Up: 2007/08.

Play-Off Winners: 1999/00.

Promoted: 1990/91.

Current squad

No. Position Player

1 Flag of England GK Joe Lewis

2 Flag of England DF Russell Martin (captain)

3 Flag of England DF Shane Blackett

4 Flag of Wales DF Craig Morgan

5 Flag of England DF Chris Westwood

6 Flag of England DF Charlie Lee

9 Flag of England FW Aaron McLean

10 Flag of England MF George Boyd

11 Flag of England MF Dean Keates

12 Flag of England FW Craig Mackail-Smith

13 Flag of Ireland GK James McKeown

15 Flag of Scotland MF Paul Coutts

17 Flag of England DF Jamie Day

No. Position Player

18 Flag of England MF Chris Whelpdale

21 Flag of Cyprus DF Tom Williams

22 Flag of Argentina MF Sergio Torres

23 Flag of England MF Billy Crook

24 Flag of England FW Shaun Batt

25 Flag of England MF Dominic Green

26 Flag of the Democratic Republic of the Congo DF Gabriel Zakuani (on loan from Fulham)

28 Flag of England DF Craig Braham-Barrett

29 Flag of England MF Lewis Webb

30 Flag of Wales MF Andrew Crofts (on loan from Gillingham)

31 Flag of England DF Sam Gaughran

32 Flag of England DF Danny Andrew

33 Flag of England DF Danny Blanchett

Out on loan

No. Position Player

7 Flag of England FW Scott Rendell (at Cambridge United until 1 January 2009)

14 Flag of England FW Liam Hatch (at Darlington until 31 December 2008)

16 Flag of England FW Rene Howe (at Morecambe until 30 June 2009)

19 Flag of England DF Kieran Charnock (at Accrington Stanley until 3 January 2009)

20 Flag of England MF Alfie Potter (at Kettering Town until 31 December 2008)

34 Flag of England GK Mark Tyler (at Watford until 29 November 2008)

obviously this is from wikipedia and some of the players wont be their until the next patch

this is the squad at the start of the new 9.0.1 patch:

gk: joe lewis

gk:mark tyler

dc chris westwood

dr,mc: russell martin

dc: shane blackett

dc keiron charnock

dc craig morgan

dc, dm, dmc: charlie lee

lb: tom williams

dmc: micah hyde

mc: dean keates

amrc: sergio torres

amr: chris weepdale

amlc,fc: george boyd

st: aaron mcclean

st: craig mickail smith

i feel this is a good team with good finances for league one will be able to sign players that could quite easily take you too the premier league

on my save i have signed:

Ljungberg 16k

lansbury

randall

ronald huth

jay simpson all on loan

mascio 30k

juha hakola 100k

seyfo soley free

future transfers:

miguel cevasco free

erick delgado (peru gk) free

miguel rebosio free

this was too show the kind of players you could buy when doing your summer shopping http://community.sigames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

have fun with the game :)

Add the club badge at the top and some other images would be nice. Take out some uneeded bits aswell as what you have done.

Up the Posh! Will start a new game soon. Anyone can say how Mclean and Mackail-Smith are doing in the game?

I sold them both for £750k each, good for league 1 but not good enough for championship, anyone had a new stadium ? im in the championship for my 4th season and they havent built one yet.

You sold them in the 1st season? Do you remember which players you brought in?

Sold them after i won league 1, i brought in Nik Omladic he is a class act, get him straight away for about 30k, and erik Grendel, they were my only major buys in league 1. Im stuck in a midtable championship position now, need a bigger stadium if i am to compete.

Anyone had a new stadium built with Peterboro ? just wondering as you cannot expand the stadium.

NO:mad:

I had loads of money but the board say the council would NEVER alow it cause of space, I have been to there staidium countless times before and there is a lack of space.:thdn:

imo your OP should be a bit more formal like this.

Wellcome to the Posh thread.

(PIC!!!!!!!)

Peterborough United Football Club is an English professional football team based in Peterborough. It played in League One for the 2008-09 season having finished second in League Two in the 2007-08 season. The club was formed in 1934 and played in the old Midland League, which it won six times. The club was admitted to the Football League in 1960, replacing Gateshead F.C. etc

Also you could try usind sub headings to make it look good.

I've started a new game as manager of Posh (9.3.0). I bought Andy Liddell from Oldham for 30k to fill in at AMR. He throws in some beautiful crosses. Also, I bought Paul Boertien from Walsall for 90k to fit in at DL. More importantly I managed to hold on to Boyd.

I have them set up in an aggressive 4-2-3-1 formation, playing down the flanks. They've only played 4 games in League One so far but they're 1st with 10 points. The most impressive results so far were beating Cardiff 3-2 away in the League Cup 2nd round and beating local rivals Northampton 4-1 away in the League (100% match confidence!).

A good team but not a lot of cover if I pick up injuries. Aiming for promotion.

ST-Mackail-Smith

AML-Boyd, AMC-Torres, AMR-Liddell

MC-Coutts, MC-Lee

DL-Boertien, DC-Zakuani, DC-Morgan, DR-Martin

GL-Lewis

McLean is sitting on the bench for now. He can come on for Mackail-Smith or Liddell.

Someone asked how Mackail-Smith is doing. It's early days but so far: 7 goals in 7 (competitive) games, 2 assists, average rating of 7.71.

Just about to start a game with the mighty Posh! Some of my family are originally from near Peterborough, so I count them as my English team. Hoping to follow Fergie's lead and take them to the Championship at the first attempt (let's hope I'm not tempting fate). The thing that annoys me most about lower league management is that good staff are hard to come by, not only because of the attraction of working for a small club, but also because of the money it costs.

I'll probably just play 442, utilising the brilliance of Boyd, the magic of Mackail-Smith, and the acceleartion of Aaron McLean... Probably in need of a partner for Charlie Lee in the middle, though I've always been a bit of a fan of Dean Keates so he'll probably get the nod for the time being. I predicted a mid-table finish (conservative, but I didn't want to risk the sack so early on) which gives me a budget of 100k. I'll be looking to put it to great use in signing mainly Championship quality players.

This should be the OP!!!!

Peterborough_United_Logo.PNG

Peterborough United Football Club is an English professional football team based in Peterborough. They play in League One for the 2008-09 season having finished second in League Two in the 2007-08 season. The club was formed in 1934 and played in the old Midland League, which they won six times; eventually being admitted to the Football League in 1960, replacing Gateshead F.C.

The ground is London Road, Peterborough. The club nickname is The Posh. Among Peterborough United's local rivals are Northampton Town and Cambridge United.

Peterborough's most notable player is Terry Bly. Bly scored 52 goals in season 1960-61, their first as a Football League club, helping them secure the Fourth Division championship. Some fans of the club in that era dispute this fact holding the opinion that Bly's striker partner, Denis Emery, was the better all-round player.

History

Peterborough United was formed in 1934 at Peterborough's Angel Hotel to provide a replacement for Peterborough and Fletton United, folded two years previously.[1] The Posh played in the old Midland League. They won this league on six occasions, including five seasons in a row from 1956 to 1960.

Following the 1960-61 Fourth Division Championship success, 'The Posh' spent seven seasons in the 3rd Division before being relegated for financial irregularities in the summer of 1968. The club took six seasons to return to division 3, winning the 4th Division championship for the second time under the management of Noel Cantwell and their star mid-field player John Cozens.

In 1977-78 the club threatened to go one better until they narrowly missed out on promotion to Division 2 when they drew the last game of the season at champions Wrexham when a win was needed to go up.

The Wrexham defeat cast a long shadow over the club and it fell into a long decline. Relegation followed in 1979 and Posh subsequently spent 12 years back in the 4th division. The 1980's was a long story of mismanagement and false dawns, punctuated by the odd cup run.

In January 1991, Chris Turner, who had played in the 1974 Fourth division championship team took over as manager and the team embarked on a run of 13 unbeaten games that propelled them into the top four. Six players were signed on transfer deadline day, which at the time was a record for the number of players signed by one club on a single day. On the final day of the season, Posh travelled to Chesterfield needing a win to seal promotion. Despite going two goals down in the first ten minutes, the team rallied and drew level with goals from David Robinson and George Berry. Fortunately Posh's closest rivals, Blackpool lost at Walsall and promotion was achieved.

The following season arguably remains the most successful in the clubs history. After an inconsistent start the team hit form during the Autumn when they knocked Wimbledon and Newcastle out of the League Cup. The reward was a home tie with a Liverpool team containing Bruce Grobbelaar, Jan Molby, Steve Mcmanaman, Dean Saunders and Mark Wright. Gary Kimble scored the only goal after 19 minutes prompting wild celebrations and a place in the quarter finals. In the league, the team went from strength to strength and surged up the table. Middlesbrough ended the League Cup run after a replay and there was further disappointment when the team missed out on a trip to Wembley in the Auto Windscreens Shield when they lost to Stoke over two legs in the area final.

The hard working team continued to progress in the league and a play-off place was clinched on the last day of the season despite a 1-0 defeat to champions Brentford. The following week, Huddersfield Town came to London Road for the first leg of the Semi Final. Captain Mick Halsall's last minute equaliser levelled the score at 2-2. Three days later, the supporters travelled north more in hope than expectation but they were rewarded when the team came from a goal down to win 2-1 with Worrell Sterling and Steve Cooper scoring the goals.

On 24th May 1992, Peterborough United played at Wembley for the first time, against Stockport County. Leading scorer Ken Charlery scored both goals in another 2-1 win, taking his tally to 26 for the season. Posh's second goal came in injury time, barely a minute after conceding an equaliser.

The Posh was elected to The Football League for the beginning of the 1960–61 season, winning Division Four. It played in Football League Division One between 1992 and 1994 and finished 10th, their highest ever league finish, in 1992-93 season.

The nickname Posh was given to them when a football pundit decided they look Posh. They were first nicknamed the brickies.

Honours

League One (including Second Division and (Old) Third Division)[4]

Play-Off Winners: 1991-92

League Two (including Third Division and (Old) Fourth Division)[5]

Winners: 1960-61, 1973-74

Runners Up: 2007-08.

Play-Off Winners: 1999-00

Promoted: 1990-91

Records

League records

Most goals ever scored by an English club in a single season: 134 goals, 1960-61.

Biggest away victory: Third Division Barnet 1 Peterborough 9.

Most league goals scored in Division 4 in one season by one player: 52 (Terry Bly), 1960-61.

Club records

Most League Appearances - Tommy Robson - 482 (440 starts and 42 as a substitute): 1968-1981

Most League Goal - Jim Hall - 122 : 1967-1975

Most League goals in one season - Terry Bly - 52 : 1960-1961

Highest Transfer Fee Received - £2,100,000 from Tottenham Hotspur for Simon Davies, December 1999

Highest Transfer Fee Paid - £400,000 to Norwich City for Joe Lewis, January 2008

Highest Rated Player at Club - David Seaman

Player records

Most appearances

Tommy Robson 559

Mark Tyler 483

Jack Carmichael 420

Noel Luke 346

Mick Halsall 316

Players

On the 9.3.0 patch

No. Position Player

1 GK Joe Lewis

2 DF Russell Martin (captain)

3 DF Shane Blackett

4 DF Craig Morgan

5 DF Chris Westwood

6 DF Charlie Lee

8 MF Lee Frecklington (on loan from Lincoln City)

9 FW Aaron McLean

10 MF George Boyd

11 MF Dean Keates (vice-captain)

12 FW Craig Mackail-Smith

13 GK James McKeown

15 MF Paul Coutts

17 DF Jamie Day

18 MF Chris Whelpdale

21 DF Tom Williams

22 MF Sergio Torres

24 FW Shaun Batt

25 MF Dominic Green

26 DF Gabriel Zakuani

27 FW Ben Wright

29 MF Lewis Webb

31 DF Sam Gaughran

32 DF Danny Andrew

33 DF Danny Blanchett

34 GK Mark Tyler

Squad Roundup

Best FormationIMO

4-4-2

GK-J.Lewis

RB-R.Martin

LB-T-Williams (need's replacing)

CB-G.Zakuani

CB-C.Morgan

RM-S.Torres

LM-G.Boyd

CM-C.Lee

CM-P.Coutts

ST-C.Mackail-Smith

ST-A.Mclean

Just achieved promotion to the Championship in my first season. Finished in 2nd place behind leeds after having a thrilling final game at London Road against Southend. Before the last game we were 2nd with 91 pts., Southend were 3rd with 90 Pts. The game started with a shocking moment seeing Henri Lansbury getting sent off after 10 minutes for a terrible tackle on Southend's Christophe. But Lee gave us the lead in the 35th minute with a real belter from 30 yards out. Only four minutes later George Boyd was given a lot of space by the Shrimpers defense and placed a good shot in the upper right corner. Despite being one man down we were the better team for the whole 90 minutes and deserved the win. Now I'm really looking forward to our Championship campaign. I wonder what transfer budget I'll get and which players I will sign.

The team played really well as a whole but if I had to point out some key players it would be: Zakuani (rock solid at the back, good enough for Championship i reckon), George Boyd (lots of good passes and crosses, always dangerous in front of the goal), Charlie Lee (the link between our defense and midfield, always dangerous with his long shots, he scored about 9 goals in the season) and Mackail-Smith (who struggled at the beginning but has been a real relevation in the 2nd half of the season, scored 6 in the last 6 games). McLean should be added as well, a consistent performer throughout the whole season and top scorer with 20 goals.

I'm struggling with Posh, currently sitting 7th. I've been so inconsistent - at one point I was comfortably sitting in 3rd, now I'm 2 pts off the playoffs. I've not made any signings of note, apart from Barray Bannan and an Andorran RB called Ayala. What formation and style would you recommend? Any signings that'll help me escape League 1?

A 1-0 loss away to bloody MK Dons, and that's my promotion challenge all but over. Absolutely gutted, considering that after tonight's Millwall result, we're certainly up in reality! (I'm obviously not gutted about that)...

My case has not been helped by the horrendous injuries suffered to McLean and Mackail-Smith in particular. They only seem to be able to play 2 games together before breaking down and getting injured for 3 or 4 weeks. Very inufriating. Oh well, got to make sure I win the league next season!

Just finished my second season, finishing top of League 1. Anyone know if MacAnthony ploughs the money in when you get to the Championship? My squad is ok, but it needs some strengthening for the step up.

Some players that have been brilliant for me:

Skolnik, a left sided midfielder from Croatia - retrained to play in central Midfield

Angel - a pacey striker from Tenerife, cost me £10k, he's now worth over £1m! Scored three hat tricks this season, including ones against recently relegated Norwich and Southampton

Miguel Rubosio - a 32yr old centre half, available for free. Him and Zakuani were brilliant for me.

I'll continue this one man show for the time being...

Started the Championship season with a squad enhanced by a few bosman signings. In come Polish defender Marcin Wasilewski from Norwich, Rudi Skacel from Southampton, Tininho (a Portugese full back) and Lucas Trecarichi for a bargain price of just £45k from Sevilla. George Boyd and Joe Lewis, both of whom were unhappy following constant press attention, won moves to Hibs and Man Utd respectively. Boyd never really performed, while Joe seemed to have difficulty motivating himself for me so he had to go.

I'm not sure if the squad is good enough to stay up, but I'll certainly give it my best shot. Things have helped with a flukey 1-0 win at Molineux, thanks to a Zakuani header from a corner. Aim is to stay up this year, and go for promotion next season.

its good to see people playing as the posh. well i started a new game with the posh and im currently in december.sitting 12th in the league at the moment.i made some signings at the beggining of the season.these include tacchinardi bernard on frees and also i got west brom as a parent club so got a couple of there strikers in slusarski and beattie.ive also got a couple of players coming in january who are rubosio and robbie fowler but i think im in need of a keeper as lewis doesnt really do it and tyler isnt that much better.

I got to the premiership with my Peterborough squad.

Won promotion in my first season.

Got relegated from the championship in my second season.

Won promotion in my third season.

Won promotion to the premiership in my fourth season. Mclean scored 32 goals in 29 games:eek: Billy Sharp scored 28 goals in 35 games. Hume scored about 15 goals, as did CMS.

Just started a game 9.0.3.

75k to spend, loan signings are the way forward sticking in bids for Randall, Merida and Gibbs.

Signing Rebosio on a free at the end of December which looks a real coup. I'll let you know how I get on.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In my seventh season as posh, Mid table first season, play off heart ache second season losing to stupidly good Derby county side. League champions then a play off win first season in championship. A 16th placed finish and a 12th place finish in prem. I have stupid amounts of money now and no original players sold them all, getting some silly money for Charlie Lee(4m to ipswich) Joe Lewis (4.5m to Fulham) both when i was in championship, and replaced with bosmans and loads of players from Scotland!! Hamilton Ac. have a good crop of kids. Liam Dickinson is a beast in League 1 had him on loan for three seasons then brought him for 2k!! scored 127 goals for me in 5 season before he was out his depth in the prem!!

Still no sign of a new stadium and no way of expanding. also no players better then what i have are interested in joining me now. Do you think mid table prem is all that can be achieved??

Archived