FM Work Out Results Before Match?

I once heard that FM works out the result of matches BEFORE the game is even played. I once asked on here and it was confirmed true or something. How exactly does that work though. Particularly if you were to change tactics or make subs etc in the game?!

no, because if you play fixtures for a weekend, and then exit your game without saving and go back to the same point they will all be different.

edit: oh you mean the match YOUR playing, well no again :p

try playing 0-0-10 and test your theory out :D

• SI Staff
So if you didn't make a change etc, the game already knows who is gonna win? Lol.

The game only plays matches ahead so it can collate highlights. Then it replays back through to show them. And yes, its all recalculated when a human tactical change is received.

Key point is that the match engine doesn't know its own outcome.

So if you didn't make a change etc, the game already knows who is gonna win? Lol.

And that has no bearing to the user at all.

Would you feel differently if it calculated it live? No, it would feel exactly the same, the same affect, the same result, the same experience.

spleeb, that doesn't mean anything.

It just means that the match finished, the game drew up those emails and sent them through at the same time. For some reason - slightly aesthetically annoying, perhaps - the message saying he was there was listed before the message saying the actual result. Doesn't change anything.

If you're trying to suggest that the game knew before you played the match what the result would be, you are just wrong.

Kewell, look carefully at the dates.. I played the match in real time AFTER the note about Bob Bradley..

Notice the duplicate mail. Bob Bradley spotted etc. before the match, Bob Bradley spotted etc. after the match too.

Im not complaining or anything, it's just extremely strange.

Yes I know.. No unfortunately I don't have a seperate save for it. But, because I was curious, I tried many different formations and tactics during the game and, well, you see the outcome.

Can a dev possibly shed some light here?

Jimbokav - It appeared both before the game and after, as seen by the duplicate messages.

Insert Goal Here - Everything was exactly the same in the actual game as it was in Nostradamus Bradley's imaginary game.

And there are also case of people playing the same match over 40 times and getting the same result always.

Which is in direct contradiction of all these people who constantly replay games until they win - or cheats, as I prefer to call them!

Archived