soli

WELCOME TO INTER MILAN

interfw2.jpg

CLUB INFORMATION

Full Name: F C Internazionale Milano

Nickname: Nerazzuri

Founded: 1908

Fierce Rivals: A.C.Milan, Juventus

Affiliated Clubs: Ravenna, Arezzo, Treviso, Pizzingstone, Ternana, Pro Sesto, Triestina, Spezia, Slavia Prague, Chievo, Pro Patria, Bubamara

Other Rivals: Atalanta, Roma, Fiorentina, Napoli

Club Legends: Giacinto Facchetti, Giuseppe Meazza

Club Icons: Marco Materazzi, Javier Zanetti, Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Favoured Personnel: Lothar Matthaus, Giuseppe Bergomi, Luigi Simoni, Sandro Mazzola, Walter Zenga, Luis Figo

Media Prediction: 1st place

Club Captain: Javier Zanetti

Club Vice-Captain: Ivan Cordoba

CLUB FINANCES

Finances: Secure

Estimated Value: £260M

Balance: £36.89M

Transfer Budget: £12M (Title Challenge), £15.5M (Winner)

Wage Budget:£1.27M p/week

Current Wage:£1.27M p/week

STADIUM AND FACILITIES

The San Siro Stadium was built between 1 August 1925 and 15 September 1926. In just over a year a structure capable of containing 35,000 spectators was erected. It cost about 5 million Italia Lira to build and the construction was financed by then AC Milan president Piero Pirelli. The first match played at the new stadium was a Milan derby on 19 September 1926. Inter beat AC Milan 6-3.

In 1935 AC Milan sold the stadium to the local government, who added the second tier, increasing the capacity to 60,000. Lighting for night matches was installed in 1957, and an electronic scoreboard was added a decade later.

In 1980 this glorious 'Temple of Football' was named after Giuseppe Meazza in memory of the former Inter and Italy legend. The stadium underwent its most recent transformation in 1990 with the addition of a third tier, completed in time for the 1990 World Cup.

Ground: Giuseppe Meazza, Milan

Capacity: 82,995

Training Facilities: Top Training Facilities

Youth Facilities: Excellent Youth Facilities + Youth Academy

FIRST-TEAM SQUAD

GK: Júlio César, Francesco Toldo, Paolo Orlandoni

SW, DC: Marco Materazzi, Walter Samuel

D RLC: Iván Córdoba (vice-captain) Nicolás Burdisso

D LC, DM, MC: Cristian Chivu

D/WB R: Nelson Rivas, Maicon

D/WB/MR/DM/MRLC: Javier Zanetti (captain)

D/WB/ML: Maxwell

DM, MC: Esteban Cambiasso, Olivier Dacourt, Sulley Muntari, Patrick Vieira

DM, AMRLC: Dejan Stanković

AMRLC: Luis Figo

AMRL: Ricardo Quaresma, Mancini

ST/AMRL: Victor Obinna, Mario Balotelli

AMC: Luis Jiménez (co-owned by Ternana)

AM/FC: Julio Cruz

FC: Zlatan Ibrahimović

ST: Hernan Crespo, Adriano

BEST TEAM

GK: Júlio César

DC: Walter SamueL

DC: Marco Materazzi

DL: Maxwell

DR: Maicon

DMC: Patrick Vieira

MC: Dejan Stanković

MC: Esteban Cambiasso

AMR: Ricardo Quaresma

AML: Mancini

ST: Zlatan Ibrahimović

YOUTH SQUAD:

GK: Vid Belec

DC: Luca Caldirola

DC: Andrea Mei

DL: Jean Bindzy Ebila Mbida

DR: Davide Santon

DMC: Cristian Daminuta

MC: Francesco Bolzoni

MC: Marco Ezio Fossati

AMR: Luca Tremolda

AML: Victor Obinna

ST: Mario Balotelli

SQUAD ANALYSIS:

This will be done with no particular formation in mind.

Goalkeepers

Julio Cesar has been a mainstay in the side since coming from Chievo. At 28, he is still to reach his prime and I see him playing for Inter for many years to come. He may not come in the world-class bracket but still you can expect top performances from him when the time demands. You have an able back-up in Francesco Toldo who still has decent stats despite his age. The third choice goalkeeper in the squad is Orlandoni who is just making up the numbers.

In my opinion, you should offload Orlandoni and instead buy a young goalkeeper who can learn under the tutelage of Cesar and then take over the reins from him.

Youngster to watch: None.

Recommended Signing: a young goalkeeper (Sergio Asenjo-£5.75M)

Recommended Sale: Paolo Orlandoni

Left Backs

Maxwell is the strongest player in the left back slot for Inter and can also be a handy player on the left wing. Both Christian Chivu and Ivan Cordoba can play at left-back if the need arises. This area is well covered and there is no need for immediate purchases. Keep an eye open for young players though.

Youngster to watch: None

Recommended Signing: Not needed

Recommended Sale: None

Right Backs

You have two very good players for this position in Javier Zanetti and Maicon. Burdisso and Cordoba can also cover up here. Zanetti is the captain but at 34, you should look to replace him. Thankfully, you have a great youngster coming up through the youth ranks and that is Davide Santon. He is one of the best of the Inter youth prospects and if nurtured well could very well turn into a world-beater some day.

Youngster to watch: Davide Santon

Recommended Signing: None

Recommended Sale: None although selling Zanetti would release £46,000 p/w in wages

Centre Backs

Materazzi is probably the best centre back in the side but his partners aren't too bad either. You are actually spoilt for choice here with the likes of Samuel, Cordoba, Burdisso and Chivu vying for a first-team spot. At 34, however replacement is urgently required for Materazzi. Andrea Mei and Luca Caldirola do not have much potential and you need to bring in someone young. Nelson Rivas has good pace but is simply not of the standard of Inter.

But at the start Samuel, Cordoba, Burdisso and Chivu all remain injured for two months each so you need to bring in someone fast. My suggestion would be to bring in Caceres on loan from Barcelona and if he impresses then you can buy him next season.

Youngster to watch: None

Recommended Signing: a young defender ( Mamadou Sakho), Caceres ( loan )

Recommended Sale: Materazzi as he is getting on, Nelson Rivas

Left Wingers

Mancini and Maxwell are your two best options with the former being attacking in nature while the latter is defensive. Figo and Obinna can cover here in case of emergency. Luca Tremolda has the potential to become a good player.

Youngster to watch: Luca Tremolda

Recommended Sale: No one

Right Wingers

The two options on the right wing are Quaresma and Zanetti. It is the same case as on the left wing with one player being attacking and the other defensive. Again, figo and Obinna can cover here.

Youngster to watch: Victor Obinna

Recommended Sale: No one

Central Midfielders

I feel that Inter do not have a very strong Central Midfield, with a profusion of defensive midfielders (Vieira, Cambiasso , Dacourt, Muntari ) and lesser attacking talents (Stankovic and Jimenez) . I feel that you could do without 33 year old Dacourt and an ageing Vieira as well. If you do get rid of those two then I would move the DMC to AMC in the recommended tactic. Then you would need a quality AMC to fill up the void and then you are set.

Vieira’s departure should not be felt much as you have young Bolzoni to step in. One word also for Fossati, who at a tender age of 15, is already looking like a good prospect.

Youngsters to watch: Francesco Bolzoni, Marco Ezio Fossati

Recommended Signing: Matias Fernandes/ Joao Moutinho

Recommended Sale: Patrick Vieira, Olivier Dacourt

Strikers

Ibrahimovic, Adriano, Crespo and Cruz are all top strikers and you don't really need any others. Waiting in the wings is Balotelli who could be first choice in a year’s time. In fact you should sell off Cruz and Crespo to free up some wages. Mattia Destro has decent potential as well.

Youngster to watch: Mario Balotelli, Mattia Destro

Recommended Signing: No one

Recommended Sale: Julio Cruz, Hernan Crespo

STAFF

Chairman: Massimo Moratti

Managing Director: Ernesto Paolillo

Dir Ft: Marco Branca

General Manager: Gabriele Oriali

Director: Anglomario Moratti

Director: Rinaldo Ghelfi

Manager: Mourinho

Assistant Manager: Giuseppe Baresi

1st Team Coach: Daniele Bernazzani

Coach: Andre Vilas Boas

Gk Coaches:

Antonello Sartorel

Silvino Louro

Piero Bosaglia

Fitness Coaches:

Claudio Gaudina

Rui Faria

Gian Nicola Bisciotti

Youth Coaches:

Nunzio Zavattieri

Stefano Rapetti

Antonio Manicone

Massimo Giuriola

Vincenzo Esposito

Salavatore Cerrone

Enrico Arrigoti

Physios:

Matteo Vigano

Luigi Sessolo

Giorgio Panico

Andrea Galli

Alberto Galbiati

Marco Frigerio

Massimo Della Case

Franco Combi

Daniele Casalini

Scouts:

Ivan Zamorano (Chile)

Angelo Trevisan (Italy)

Marco Monti (Italy)

Luis Suarez (Spain)

Aristide Guameri (Italy)

Riccardo Ferri (Italy)

Angelo Domenghini (Italy)

Mario Corso (Italy)

Benoit Cauet (France)

Pierluigi Casiraghi (Italy)

Tarcisio Burgnich (Italy)

Roberto Boninsegna (Italy)

Gianfranco Bedin (Italy)

Piero Ausilio (Italy)

Antonio Valentin Angelillo (Argentina)

Alessandro Altobelli (Italy)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: I would like to thank roberto922 as I took a features from his Real Madrid thread which I liked. I would also like to thank the_dud for giving me tips and advice. Thank You!

NOTE: I will be making some changes and adding information as soon as I am able to play the full version. Do pitch in with suggestions and tips. Thank you!

NOTE: The transfer and the wage budgets mentioned are for an a manager with International experience.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

youve inspired me to play as inter now, great opener! I would say balotelli should be playing from the start, hes an absolute beast, partner him with ibrahimovic and you have a strike force better than jason roberts and nathan ellington

Started with inter on demo and was second in league only 2 points behind roma when demo stopped. Was playin a 4-2-2-2 with wingers. Bought Rossi for 9m and Di Natale 19m also as it was demo a bought Polombo and Toni for 80m Each with money payed after 50 goals and 50 games. Selt Cruz and crespo. Also bought in Cacares on loan and he is pretty good. Bolatelli is awesome aswel. Cant wait for full version to come out.

ELITE

You really spent a lot of money. No need for Toni I guess, as I am hearing a lot of rave reviews about Balotelli. Let's see how he performs on mine. Rossi at that price is a good buy. You could have got Di Natale cheaper. How did Palombo perform? Thinking of buying him too.

How much did you sell Cruz and Crespo for?

And me too. Waiting eagerly for the full version of the game to release.

I bought toni and polombo in january dident get the chance to use them as demo ran out a knew it ran out but wasent sure if it was at begining of jan or end. I sold crespo for 1.5m and cruz for bout the same also sold stankovic for 12m.

Cheers corbs !!!

Balotelli IS immense and the strange fact is that playing as other teams you can get him quite easily. The Inter squad is great although the average age is a bit too high for my liking. Clearing up the deadwood right now. Challenge is to bring back that elusive Champions Cup !!! Man! I can't wait to get my hands on FM 09.

As always, i started with Inter, but wasn't as sucessful as i would have liked:(.

I only bought Elano, who proved to be vital towards my struggles, as he won me so many points with some long rage shots and free-kicks, but obviously, my strikers clearly failed to do their job continuesly, i mean after like 3 months, none of my strikers had more than 2 goals, though that was severly helped by the injuries, which are making fm09 demo crap, real crap to play. I got like at least 10 injuries at all times, incluing Ibra, Adri, Cruz and Crespo at the same time for 2-3 weeks.

Obinna got to be a regular, though he could dribble past anyone, his finishing often let him down, so i asked him to try shooting more often, which he did, and he did get a few goals after that. Quaresma and Mancini seem as bad a flop as in reality. Muntari was good though, and i was impressed by Balotelli and Mei.

xonnk

How much did you get Elano for?

How did Stankovic fair?

Play Mancini and Quaresma at the AML and AMR. they are doing great for me especially Mancini.

Transfers were minimal in your case which i like.

My transfers:

INs:

Van Persie: 17M

Caceres: Loan

Matias: 8M

OUTs:

Cruz: 1M-Mallorca

Orlondani: 4.5M- Sevilla

Crespo: 10M- Man City

Stankovic was very stable and fine, nothing impressive though.

Quaresma seems to be able to be active on the 3d chances and hold up ball well, but he is as ineffective as the substitutes on the bench. Mancini seemed clearly lost. And i did put them at AML and AMR, as well as trying to tell them to swap with each other during gameplay.

Elano i got for about 13.5mil euros, so thats about 9 mil pounds?

Well by your impression of Stankovic he seems disposable.

Mancini and Quaresma are playing well for me for now. Lets hope it remains that way.

Good price for Elano :thup:

Has anybody got the full version yet and started a save with Inter ?

Anybody started a game with Inter Milan yet. Can't start one myself as not got the game. Waiting for you guys to post.

P.S If there are any changes in the transfer and wage budget please let me know. Thanks

Brilliant OP, soli, has really helped me in deciding what players to keep/sell.

I'm just creating the game now. I had a game last year, but it seemed to be quite an unlucky year - Runners-up in the league on the last game of the season, lost the Italian Cup final after winning the first leg, and lost in the Champions Cup semi-final after winning the first leg. As you might of guessed, I got sacked!

Hopefully this year will be different because the team has wingers now, and I will be using the 4-1-2-2-1 suggested in the OP. Can't wait to get going!

Thanks mate.

Do let me know how you fare. That was quite a unlucky year you had in your previous game. Even then to get sacked seemed a bit harsh to me.

Good luck for this game. Hope you perform well in all competitions :).

P.S. Do give the feedback on the two new wingers as a few have given not so good reviews about their performance. Even in real life they have not been performing consistently.

Thanks, soli. I got sacked because I kept saying I was going to win everything... and then I didn't. I won't make that mistake again!

Has your game arrived yet, soli?

P.S. Will do. I'm still in July, though, so I'll report back after pre-season.

Previous P.S. The wage and transfer budgets are the same as you stated, yes.

Thanks for confirming the wage and transfer budgets.

Nope atm I am busy with my college examinations. After they end only then will I be able to get a chance to play the full version :(.

Although I have played quite a lot in the demo. Started many saves, loaded and reloaded quite a few times to see which players I can buy and sell. :D

Once the examinations are over I will definately start a new game with Inter. I will also update the OP as I have missed some promising youngsters who are out on loan.

Maybe you could help me out with that :). The ones I know of are Acquafresca and a defender( can't remember his name atm)

soli - Tell us when you get your full game going, it'll be interesting to know how you get on.

Missing youngsters of note:

Robert Acquafresca (20 year old ST on loan at Cagliari) (also have David Suazo out on loan to Benfica btw)

Ivan Fatic (19 year old Montengro DLC on loan at Vicenza)

Kerlon (20 year old Brazilian AMC on loan at Chievo)

Coutinho (16 year old Brazilian AMC from Vasco joining on 30/06/2010)

moj - Are you going to start an Inter game as well? If so, keep us posted. :)

Mighty Shrimper

Will tell you, mate :) and thanks for the recommendations. I will check them out.

Fairly surprised to see the quality of the Inter youth team. I dare say it comes close to matching Arsenal's quality. And Kerlon is at inter WOW

I have played 15 games or so, I have only bought pandev and gioda. Yes that board are gave me a chance but they where always saying they where going to replace me with my assistant. Almost got fired because when the new board arrived I wasn't scoring very much. But they gave me a big financial injection. I am going to play again this evening,

I'm currently in October and a takeover deal has already fallen through. I hope when the club changes hands I survive! Won 7 (including the Italian Super Cup) and drawn 1. Hope that's good enough for them.

@ The Real How much of a cash injection did you get for transfers mate??

Well I sold Crespo to Man City for 10M (pounds :D) in the demo. I just followed the common procedure - transfer listed him, made him not needed and unavailable for loan and then waited for a day. when clubs became interested I just offered him out for 10M. I admit that i loaded and reloaded the game a few times to determine the max I could make from him. And that's that. In fact Man city were not the only club bidding. spurs came with an identical offer but he rejected them. Although make sure to offer him out at the start itself.

Van der Vaart should be a great signing especially if you are playing with an AMC :thup:. for left backs, have a look at Gareth Bale. He is good but maybe expensive.

Solli how the hell did you get 10 million for Crespo, I have sold him for 1 million. And viera for 6 to Lyon.

Who are your pacey strikers? (assuming you're playing two up front). I'm starting with Crespo and Balotelli as back up, but I feel I need a striker in his prime, so I can release Crespo.

The board have just just made another £30m available to me, nothing to do with a takeover though.

In the demo I had sold Cruz and Crespo and instead brought in Van Persie for 17M. He plays as the supporting striker beside Ibrahimovic. If need be can cover the AMR and AML positions as well. On top of that the fans were extremely pleased. Quality player.

I signed daniel diaz from getafe for about 3.7 million and hes proved himself as he starts alongside matterazzi at CB. Muntari is immense on the game and also scores long range efforts often. Obinna's first column of stats aren't very good. but he plays quite well.

Just finished my first season. Had a bad early Euro exit (2-3) to Porto. R/U in Coppa Italia to Roma, and won the title and Super Cup.

Top performers were Chivu, Maicon and Ibrahimovic. Crespo and Balotelli shared one of the striking slots, getting 12 in 19 and 16 in 26 respectively. The Primavera won the U20s league.

Got offered a new contract worth £67,000 p/w. Takeover still hasn't gone ahead. The balance is £106m with a budget of £59m, after selling Muntari (he didn't cut it for me) for 10, and Mancini (disposable) for 25.

Currently negotiating with Pandev for around £8m and hoping to sign Montolivo (if Fiorentinas demands aren't too high) to replace Moutinho, who I bought for £12m. He's played OK, nothing special tough and i think Montolivo might be a class player.

Archived