FM 2009: Promising African Youth

the--dud

Just thought I'd start this thread, as I always like trying to find any African gems on FM.

Trying to groom them into the next E'to, Drogba, Essien or whoever ;)

Please don't post players that's over 22 years old, or players that are already superstart...

Please post in the following format:

Name:

Position:

Club/Country:

Value:

Number of Stars & Potential(according to scout or coach):

I'll start it off...

Name: Senah Mango

Position: DC

Club/Country: Marseille/Togo

Value: £800k (can be approached)

Number of Stars & Potential(according to scout or coach): 4 stars, can become good Ligue 1 DC.

Name: Givestin N'Suki

Position: ST

Club/Country: Lille/Angola

Value: £1m

Number of Stars & Potential(according to scout or coach): 5 stars, can become leading Ligue 1 ST.

Name: Kermit Erasmus

Club/Country: Feyenoord/South Africa

Value: £90k (can be approached)

Number of Stars & Potential(according to scout or coach): 5 stars, can become good decent Ligue 1 ST.

Name: Ransford Osei

Position: FC

Club/Country: Kessben/Ghana

Value: Free

Number of Stars & Potential(according to scout or coach): 2 stars, can become good Coca-Cola Championship ST.

This is as Arsenal, so he isn't good enough for a big club. But for a lower league side he would be excellent.

Name: Andre Ayew

Position: AMRL/FC

Club/Country: Ghana/Marseille

Value: £3 million

Number of Star & Potential: 4 Stars, can become ALOT better than Saloman Kalou's ability (leading premier league star)

I am Chelsea, so he looks like a quality purchase!!

Name: Lateef Elford-Alliyu

Club/Country: Bolton/ Nigeria (but Declared for England)

Value: £2.1 million

Number of Stars & Potential: 4 Stars, leading premiership striker!

Name: Charles Kabore

Position: DM, MRC

Club/Country: Marseille/ Burkina Faso

Number of Stars & Potential: 4 Stars, leading premiership DM!

both for Chelsea....

because it is all compared to current players! i mean, this Lateef Elford-Alliyu guy is only 4 stars but he is gonna be as good as Drogba! at such a young age (16) he could be better than that eventually! some 4 star players could become leading players, so i get excited when it says stuff like that!!

but other players its different, yeah!

Name: Kermit Erasmus

Club/Country: PSV/South Africa

Value: £90k (can be approached)

Number of Stars & Potential(according to scout or coach): 5 stars, can become good decent Ligue 1 ST.

I'm pretty sure that, in real life, he plays at Feyenoord, not at PSV

• 2 months later...

So which African country has the most promising talent? Was hoping I could make a full African team in the Premiership but of players from the same country. I quite like Ghana, but not sure how many upcoming stars they have.

Thanks!

I'd say Ghana or Nigeria is the top clubs in Africa now... Possibly Ivory Coast, South Africa or Cameroon in 2nd tier.

There should be a list somewhere on the forum of Youth facilities for all sorts of different clubs, this appears to be the most important factor for quality of regens...

Just found a 20yr old Nigerian called Abubakar. Not sue how much he costs at the start of the game but by March of the first season he had been released from a Brazilian team. Very raw but pacey and managed 7 goals in 10 matched to help lift me up the table.

Name: Michael Morton

Position: D/WB R, DM

Club/Country: South Africa

Value: £100k - £200k

Number of Stars & Potential(according to scout or coach): 4 stars. potential to be a good premier division midfielder.

You need to check this guy out. He can play everywhere. Has good stats across the board and is very cheap. A great squad player and a real bargain!

Name: Lateef Elford-Alliyu

Club/Country: Bolton/ Nigeria (but Declared for England)

Number of Stars & Potential: 4 Stars, leading premiership striker!

Name: Charles Kabore

Position: DM, MRC

Club/Country: Marseille/ Burkina Faso

Number of Stars & Potential: 4 Stars, leading premiership DM!

both for Chelsea....

lateef plays for wba irl

Name: Michael Morton

Position: D/WB R, DM

Club/Country: South Africa

Value: £100k - £200k

Number of Stars & Potential(according to scout or coach): 4 stars. potential to be a good premier division midfielder.

You need to check this guy out. He can play everywhere. Has good stats across the board and is very cheap. A great squad player and a real bargain!

I'll second that one, signed him for Aberdeen during January transfer window in first season for about 60,000 and his stats develop very quickly once you get him training and playing. Has mostly played right back for me so far and hasn't let us down at all.

My game's out of action at the mo, so can't get all the stats on him, but buy DANIEL OPARE. He's Ghanaian and is a Right Wing-Back. He's valued at 200k at the start and has a release clause of the same value in his Real Madrid contract. He is RAPID, and his technincal side develops as he gets older. By far the best RB in the World on my game before it stopped working.

Name: Macauley Chrisantus

Club/Country: Nigeria

Value: £1m

Number of Stars & Potential: Can't remember stars, but leading premiership striker

he plays for HamburgSV.

and André Ayew is a definate buy. becomes very good for Liverpool in my game

• 6 months later...
Name: Ransford Osei

Position: FC

Club/Country: Kessben/Ghana

Value: Free

Number of Stars & Potential(according to scout or coach): 2 stars, can become good Coca-Cola Championship ST.

This is as Arsenal, so he isn't good enough for a big club. But for a lower league side he would be excellent.

Strange my scouts told me he could become a leading Premiership striker, but I'm probably on a newer patch...

Name: Bennard Yao Kumordzi

Position: AMC

Club/Country: Panionios/Ghana

Value: £1,100,000

Number of Stars & Potential(according to scout or coach): 3 stars, decent premiership standard.

Name: Onyekachi Apam

Position: DR/L/C, WBR/L,

Club/Country: Nigeria

Value: Not sure

Number of Stars & Potential(according to scout or coach): 5 star, leading premiership standard.

Archived