FM 10: Official Borussia Dortmund Thread

batty1

image09.gif

BVB's early years

The club was founded 19 December 1909 by a group of young men unhappy with church-sponsored Trinity Youth, where they played football under the stern and unsympathetic eye of the local parish priest. Father Dewald was blocked at the door when he tried to break up the organizing meeting being held in a room of the local pub, Zum Wildschütz. The name Borussia is Latin for Prussia and was taken from the nearby Borussia brewery. The team began play in blue and white striped shirts with a red sash, and black shorts. In 1913, they donned the black and yellow strip so familiar today.

Over the next decades the club enjoyed only modest success playing in local leagues. They had a brush with bankruptcy in 1929 when an attempt to boost the club's fortunes by signing some paid professional footballers failed miserably and left the team deep in debt. They survived only through the generosity of a local supporter who covered the team's shortfall out of his own pocket.

The 90s

Fortune smiled on them in 1993 with a run to the UEFA Cup final, which they lost 1–6 on aggregate to Juventus. In spite of this result, Borussia walked away with DM25 million under the prize money pool system in place at the time for German sides participating in the Cup. Cash flush, Dortmund was able to sign players who later brought them a string of honours through the rest of the 1990s. They won Bundesliga championships in 1995 and 1996 – with Matthias Sammer from the '96 side being named European Footballer of the Year.

In a memorable 1997 UEFA Champions League Final in Munich Dortmund faced a Juventus team featuring Zinedine Zidane. Karl-Heinz Riedle put Dortmund ahead finishing from Paul Lambert's cross. Riedle then made it 2 with a bullet header from a corner kick. In the second half Alessandro Del Piero pulled one back for Juve. Then 20 year old substitute and local boy Lars Ricken latched on to a through pass by Andreas Möller. Only sixteen seconds after coming on to the pitch Ricken chipped Angelo Peruzzi in the Juventus goal from over 20 yards with his first touch of the ball. With Zidane unable to make an impression against Lambert's marking Borussia lifted the trophy 3–1.

Borussia then went on to beat Brazilian club Cruzeiro 2–0 in the 1997 Intercontinental Cup Final.

Club Information

09921002.jpg

Home Shirt

09921201.jpg

Away Shirt

Founded: 19th December 1909

Nicknames: Die Broussen (The Borussians), Die Schwarzgelben (The Black and Yellows)

Chairman:Dr. Reinhard Rauball (Loves the Club)

Legends: Lars Ricken, Michael Zorc

Icons: Stefan Reuter, Matthias Sammer, Norbert Dickel, Stephane Chapuisat, Wolfgang De Beer, Jurgen Kohler

Favoured Personnel: Dede, Jan Koller, Flemming Povlsen, Steffen Freund, Paul Lambert

Fierce Rivals: Schalke

Other Rivals: FC Bayern, Leverkusen

Media Prediction: 8th

Honours

German Championship – Winners 6 times (Record) :1955–56, 1956–57, 1962–63, 1994–95, 1995–96, 2001–02

German Cup - Winners 2 times (Record) :1964–65, 1988–89

German Supercup - Winners 4 times (Record) :1989, 1995, 1996

Uefa Champions League/European Cup - Winners 1 (Record) :1997

European Cup Winners Cup - Winners 1 (Record) :1966

Uefa Cup - Winners 2 (Record) :1993,2002

Intercontinental Cup - Winners 1 (Record) :1997

Finances

Finances: Ok

Board Expectation: Top half finish

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £475k (Currently: £470,202)

Estimated Value: £53million (Loan Debt:£54million)

Facilities

westfalenstadion_400q.jpg

Signal Iduna Park

Stadium Capacity: 80708 (53619 seated)

Stadium Built: 174

Under Soil Heating: Yes

Corporate Facilities: Good Corporate Facilities

Training Facilities: Top Training Facilities

Youth Facilities: Excellent Youth Facilities & Youth Academy

GK Roman Weidenfeller, Marcel Hottecke, Marc Ziegler

RB Patrick Owomoyela, Sebastian Hille, Marcel Grosskreutz

LB Dede, Marcel Schmelzer

CB Neven Subotic, Mats Hummels, Felipe Santana, Uwe Hunemeier, Marcel Grosskreutz

RM Jakub Blaszczykowski, Sebastian Hille, Markus Feulner

LM Markus Feulner, Tamas Hajnal, Dimitar Rangelov

CM Sebastian Kehl, Nuri Sahin, Tinga, Tamas Hajnal, Sven Bender, Christian Eggert, Mohamed Zidan

ST Mohamed Zidan, Dimitar Rangelov, Lucas Barrios, Nelson Valdez, Peter Krawietz

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best Formation and Best 11

451.jpg

Team Analysis

GK Here you have Roman Weidenfeller who is a very good keeper and should be a starter.Marcel Hottecke and Marc Ziegler provide decent back up. So really no need to invest here.

RB This is the weakest position you have, as Patrick Owomoyela is the only natural right back you have and at best he is back up.So you should look to bring in a right back asap, Two possible targets are - Theo Lucius and Lauren.

LB In Dede you have a very capable fullback and fairly good back up in Marcel Schmelzer so you really shouldnt have to bring in anyone here in the first season.

CB You have 2 young good center backs in Neven Subotic and Mats Hummels and with out boubt they should be your starters here. You have decent back up in the shape of Felipe santana and Uwe Hunemeier. You also have marcel Grosskreutz who starts on the transfer list keep him there and you shouldn't need to bring in anyone here either.

CM Here you have 3 great first teamers in kehl,tinga,and the talented nuri sahin who is a fantastic playmaker. Out of the two back up you have lars bender is young,good and can improve with training,and the other Christian Eggert is poor at best so transfer list him and bring in 1 possibly 2 central midfielders. Targets: Didi Hamman,Julien Brellier,German Villa,Johann Vogel,

RM Here you have Jakub Blaszczykowski not the best in the world but he'll do for the first season. You have back up in the form of Hille who is transfer listed he's not good enough for back up so keep him listed.You should bring someone in. Targets:Nildo,Van der meyde

LM Here you have Tamas Hajnal who is a natural amc but your best left winger who should be starting imo. For back up you have Markus Feulner who will suffice as back up for the first season. Striker Dimitar Rangelov can play here if neccesary.

ST Mohamad Zidan should be your first choice here without a doubt he can use either foot but his composure isnt the best.Nelson Valdez,Lucas barrios,Peter Krawietz,Dimitar Rangelov Provide back up. Peter is ageing severly and is transfer listed keep him there.Valdez

finishing and composure are terrible for a striker transfer list him he is worth £3.2 million and selling him would provide some funds(which you should put into you wage funds as you start £95pw under your wage budget which isn't much now is it?) ;)

Good work. I have been searching for the official thread. I am two months into my Dortmund game, lying 6th in the league with a few additions to the squad. Bought in Enyeama and Neil Mellor (loan). Best player so far is Hajnal. Subotic has been distinctly average so far.

Good work. I have been searching for the official thread. I am two months into my Dortmund game, lying 6th in the league with a few additions to the squad. Bought in Enyeama and Neil Mellor (loan). Best player so far is Hajnal. Subotic has been distinctly average so far.

Where did the Funds for enyeama come from, I'm guessing you sold someone but who? Early days but you seem to be doing pretty well considering. You dont start with any transfer funds, and you only a few bob under your wage budget.

I sold Jakub Blaszczykowski to Porto for £6m. His crossing stats are poor for a winger. Once he was sold, I had cash for players (Enyeama, Marco Ruben, Jan Rajnoch & Elliot Omozusi) and their salaries. Also trying to offload Nelson Valdez, valued at £3.5m, his finishing stat is 7!

Enjoying my game so far, right balance of decent players and expectation in a competitive league. Squad consists of a few top quality players with some promising youngsters too. I'll keep you updated!

• 3 weeks later...

Started a Dortmund save myself and thoroughly enjoying it to date just started my 2nd season. Managed to strengthen squad significantly via wheeling and dealing. At the Christmas break i was sitting in 5th place with 26pts with Bayern languishing in 11th and Wolfsburg leading at the top with 33pts. After Christmas break my team suddenly clicked together and i won 15 out of next 17 games with 1 loss and a draw, to win the league by 4pts from Wolfsburg. I also managed to win the German Cup beating Shalke 5-3 in an enthralling encounter. Overall a remarkable season which i never expected to achieve such success straight away. I used 2 formations: an attacking 4-4-2 for home games against weaker teams and a great tactic for Dortmund is the 4-1-2-2-1 (seen in above posts). This tactic was utilised against strong opposition home and away and a 4-1 win away against a struggling Bayern epitomised the effectiveness of this formation.

Transfers Out: Huneimeier, Ziegler, Gotze, Zidan, Barrios, Valdez, Tinga, Santana, Blaszsckowsky(cant spell it). And several other pieces of dead wood totalling a princely sum of £36M. Most were negotiated with add-ons which artificially boosted my transfer budget but allowed me to bring in some real quality. Hope it does'nt come back to haunt me.

Transfers In: Srna(10M), Di Maria(7.5M), Naldo(4.7M), Gago(Loan), van der Vaart(Loan), Chamakh(7M), Liedson(5M), Fleck(2.2M).

Managed to strengthen all area'si wanted to with a few bargains as well. These signings particularly Chamakh in the 2nd part of the season were crucial to the success. Next year promises to be interesting with finances relatively stable for now.

Well after starting my save over just played my first league game of the campaign spanking Bayern 3-0 Hummels,Dede and tinga with the goals. This came after an awful display in the german cup despite us winning 2-1 against Erfurt.

Great season sambos :thup: my save got corrupted :( so going to have to start again probably tomorrow because im too tired to start tonight.

EDIT: Sambos Did you sell barrios etc in january?

Thanks dude no i sold all of those players at the start of the season to raise funds. Doing pretty well 2nd season just playing Shakhtar in 2nd Rd after the groups of the champions league and sitting top of the league but only a point separating ourselves Bayern and Leverkusen. Also out of the German Cup in 3rd round was having some tactical difficulties at the start of the season but have sorted them out in time.

Well after starting my save over just played my first league game of the campaign spanking Bayern 3-0 Hummels,Dede and tinga with the goals. This came after an awful display in the german cup despite us winning 2-1 against Erfurt.

Good start Bayern were awful in my 1st season for some reason keep an eye on them. Also try sign Dzeko he is immense in my game

So recieved a transfer budget of £20mil for my second season. Was offered ribery for £25mil but the git accepted man united. Missed out on Kuzmanovic aswell with the idiot accepting a move to bloody liverpool.

The players that are due to join are Chamakh on a free, Luis Suarez for £17.5mil, Sakho or £17mil and Renan for £15.25mil. Dede will say on one more season to tutor Renan.

So recieved a transfer budget of £20mil for my second season. Was offered ribery for £25mil but the git accepted man united. Missed out on Kuzmanovic aswell with the idiot accepting a move to bloody liverpool.

The players that are due to join are Chamakh on a free, Luis Suarez for £17.5mil, Sakho or £17mil and Renan for £15.25mil. Dede will say on one more season to tutor Renan.

Some good signings Chamakh was brilliant in my 1st season stay tuned in for my 2nd season update i pulled off a major coup with a particular signing. Well done so far. Was looking at Suarez myself maybe one for the future.

On top of those signings i brought in Dzeko for £5mil and Wolfsburgs swiss keeper for the same price. And Clerc from Lyon on a free.

Right my team consists of

ATTACK :: Podolski,Dzeko,Chamakh and Suarez

MIDFIELD :: Kranjcar,Salvio,Sahin,Kehl,Bender,Hajnal,Di Maria and Feulner

DEFENCE :: Renan,Dede,Clerc,Owomoyela,Sakho,Santana,Humels,Subotic and Krawietz

KEEPERS :: Benaglio,Weidenfeller and Hart

My fave part of the side is the attack. I aim to win the champions league.

SEASON 10/11 REVIEW:

With my team completing the domestic double last year expectation was high this year with the boards minimum requirement being to win the league. They gave me a nice transfer budget of £30M to help me achieve these goals. Our early season form was pretty bad with the attacking 4-4-2 i used sparingly last season to good effect not working at all. This poor tactical result and the fact that we played all the top sides in our opening fixtures left us trailing the leaders by 9pts after 11 games. A formation i finally settled on was a flat back four with attack-minded full/wingbacks, 2 central midfielders (1 ball winner, 1 box-to-box), 3 attacking midfielders (2 att wingers and trequartista) and a lone striker (complete). This improved our form and we sat in 3rd place at the half-way stage 5pts off top spot (Leverkusen). Our form continued to be consitent and resulted in our 2nd league title just pipping Bayern and Leverkusen by 3pts. We were knocked out of the german cup in round 3 and progressed from our Champions League group containing AC Milan, At. Madrid and Galatasaray, with AC being knocked out courtesy of 2 dramatic fightbacks from my team. Shakhtar knocked us out with last minute goal in 2nd round to my disbelief.

Transfers In: Gago (5M), van der Vaart (7.5M), Anyukov (5.2M), Veloso (12M), Tosic (Loan), KAKA (32.5M), Dzeko (11M).

Transfers Out: van der Vaart (16M), Rangelov (3.2M), Weidenfeller (5.6M), Liedson (11M), Owomonyela (2M) and few others totalling 3.5M.

Reasoning: Bought van der vaart then noticed my ass man recommend Kaka which i thought was strange as they usually only recommend attainable targets, so i enquired and Real set 32.5M as the asking price so i bought him and sold van der vaart for huge profit. Have only a back up keeper and a brazilian regen who looked good enough and was. Also Edin Dzeko was offered to me for 11M which i duly accepted as he is immense in the game, highly recommended (34 goals in 1st season with me). Another interesting year of transfers over. Dont think next years will be so exciting considering my finances are quite poor now.

Kaka for 32M:cool: how did you manage that? Extremely good ins :thup:

Here are my results so far in my second season

(A) Burghausen W 3-0 (Dzeko 2, Salvio) (German Cup)

(H) Leverkusen W 5-2 (Dzeko 3, Suarez 2)

(A) Gladbach W 4-1 (Dzeko, Kranjcar, Salvio 2)

(A) Bochum D 1-1 (Dzeko) (Salvio sent off)

(H) Frankfurt W 5-2 (Dzeko 2, Suarez,Podolski,Di Maria)

(A) Duisburg W 5-0 (Dzeko 3, Sakho,Podolski)

I have also have recieved my Champions League group its a tough one :: Barcelona,Bordeaux,Lokomotiv Moscow

Started a Dortmund save with the new patch,so a lot easier to sell players! ive sold 37mil worth and brought in 72mil worth and im sitting 2nd in march 5points behind wolsburg..

All the players ive bought are over 48months,but with the league money at the end of the german season,getting to the champions league and the size of the stadium dortmund have then this should make no difference to the finances....

Would anyone see this as cheating??????

Outs-kullman 1.8, sadrijaj 1.2, hajnal 8, dede 10, tinga 1.5, feuler 3, kehl 7.5, santana 3.5,(some ive let go as well)

Ins-lukaku 3, otamendi 4, krivets 1.5, boudebouz 4, guilherme(almeria)2,battaglia 7.5, somoza 5.5, carlos eduardo 12.5, demba ba 5, obasi 12.5, ferrari 8, also got smolarek and glauber on frees gave new contracts to zidan and the goalie so no one in the squad is on any more than 28k a week..

Obasi seems a good player,never had him before(never buy africans)but i thought id go for a change this save..

Would do screenies but ive asked how to do it a few times and cant pick it up..

Kaka for 32M:cool: how did you manage that? Extremely good ins :thup:

Here are my results so far in my second season

(A) Burghausen W 3-0 (Dzeko 2, Salvio) (German Cup)

(H) Leverkusen W 5-2 (Dzeko 3, Suarez 2)

(A) Gladbach W 4-1 (Dzeko, Kranjcar, Salvio 2)

(A) Bochum D 1-1 (Dzeko) (Salvio sent off)

(H) Frankfurt W 5-2 (Dzeko 2, Suarez,Podolski,Di Maria)

(A) Duisburg W 5-0 (Dzeko 3, Sakho,Podolski)

I have also have recieved my Champions League group its a tough one :: Barcelona,Bordeaux,Lokomotiv Moscow

Some good results Batty, i see you bought Dzeko he is heroic in my game. Not sure why Kaka signed but i made an enquiry after my ass man recommended him and usually they only recommend signings that are possible or realistic. So i checked it out and he agreed to a contract on 140k a week. My poor wage bill is high but he is worth the money dominates alot of games with goals and assists. Managed to stabilse finances in 3rd season will post review soon but going well again now that i have settled on a formation.

semttulojm.jpg

My team in the second season. In the first one I finished 6th taking out Bayern Munchen place in the last game :D

Kehl out for 6 months, really sad, and the team is very bad in the last 5 games, however i'm 3rd, i don't know how :eek:

PS: best thing of the season. América-MEX was interessed in Felipe Santana. So I offered a exchange between him and Ochoa directly. America accepted, and I didn't spend any money :)

Finished 1st season in 4th place(same points as bochum but worse GD)

Pre season and lots of transfer activity,spent 146m mostly over 48months and brought in 87m

Started off with 4 draws and a defeat but now unbeaten in 19 lying in 1st position 2 points ahead of wolfsborg after 24 games

P24 W15 D8 L1 F39 A14

GK ochoa,weidenfeller

DR ferrari,gassama

DL guillherme,helan

CB sakho,otamendi

CB geromel,subotic

DMC sissoko,battaglia

MC inler

MC ozil,van der vaart

AMR marin,obasi

AML ba

ST welliton,lukaka

welliton is on fire up front on his own (p28 s24) played most of the big teams away first so hopefully can get my first bit of silverware:D

Union berlin knocked me out of the cup in 3rd round and im trailing bordeaux 0-1 in the last 32 with the return at home so heres hoping...

Archived