FM10: Official Rosenborg thread ~ Scandinavian powerhouse?

blinkeh

Welcome to the official Rosenborg thread!

RBK_Logo_CMYK_POS.jpg

Brief history

Rosenborg Ballklub (Nicknamed 'Troillongan'. 'The trollkids' in english) was formed May 19th 1917 in Trondheim, Norway, under the name Odd. (Guess that sounds pretty "Odd" to you englishspeaking people =P)

They took the name from their heroes, Odd Skien, who were the leading team in Norway at that time.

Ten years after the club was founded all was set for entry into the Football Association of Norway, had it not been for the fact that the association refused to have two member clubs with the same name. The club therefore took on its current name, Rosenborg Ballklub, on 26 October 1928.

Rosenborgs most successfull spell came between 1992 and 2004 where they won the league 13 times on the trott, aswell as securing 5 FA cup wins.

In 1995 Rosenborg qualified for the UEFA CL for the first time. They went on to participate in the tournament 11 times in the next 12 years. 8 of them were consecutive (from 1995 to 2002), which was a record until 2004, when Manchester United qualified for the group phase for a ninth successive year.

After legendary Nils Arne Eggen retired as manager in 2002 Rosenborgs reign as the powerhouse of norwegian football slowly started fading. From 13 in a row to "only" 3 championships in the next 6 years was a big change for both players and fans. 6 managers in as many years also left its mark on the club.

Then, on december 28th 2007 after sacking ANOTHER manager, Rosenborg announced Erik Hamrèn as the clubs new manager. Hamrén started his job at Rosenborg on 1 June 2008, after he had fulfilled his duties at his fomer club Aalborg BK, leading them to the danish league title. Joining Rosenborg halfway through the season Hamrèn didnt have enough time to put his mark on the team, and Rosenborg finished in a dissapointing 5th place.

The 2009 season was a walk in the park for Rosenborg under their new chief Hamrèn, losing only once in 30 matches. They won the league on September 27th away at their fiercest rivals, 2nd placed Molde FK.

When the league finished on November 1st, Rosenborg were 13 points ahead of Molde and were once again the best team in Norway!

On November 4th Erik Hamrèn was appointed manager of Sweden. He will remain at Rosenborg until August 31st 2010 UNLESS Rosenborg find a new manager before that time.

Stadium

Rosenborg play their homegames at the Lerkendal stadium. Current capacity of 21,166

Lerkendal_flomlys16_101195b.jpg

Current squad

1 GK Alexander Lund Hansen

2 DF Mikael Lustig

3 DF Micke Dorsin (Vice Captain)

4 MF Anthony Annan

6 MF Roar Strand (Captain)

7 FW Trond Olsen

11 DF Vadim Demidov

12 GK Rune Almenning Jarstein

13 DF Kris Stadsgaard

14 FW Steffen Iversen

15 MF Per Ciljan Skjelbred

16 MF Albert Berbatovci

17 MF Pål Andrè Helland (On loan at Ranheim)

18 DF Aljeandro Lago

19 MF Juska Savolainen

20 MF Abdou Razak Traore

21 FW Jo Sondre Aas (On loan at Ranheim)

22 DF Andreas Nordvik

23 FW Michael Jamtfall

24 DF Roy Miller (On loan at Örgryte)

25 FW Kjell Rune Sellin

26 DF Simen Wangberg

27 MF Marek Sapara

28 MF Markus Henriksen

29 FW Dario Zahora

30 FW Rade Prica

32 GK Even Barli

33 GK Espen Johnsen

34 FW Mushaga Bakenga

36 MF Michael Karlsen

Quick squad analysis

Goalkeepers

Jarstein is 1st choice IRL. Should be so in the game aswell. Lund Hansen is a decent backup. Atleast in the norwegian league.

Defence

Lustig and Dorsin should be your starters on right and left back. In the middle you have Demidov, Stadsgaard and Lago. Personally i prefer Demidov-Stadsgaard, but Lago can easily do the job in there aswell. Nordvik is decent backup as he's young and he can cover all across the back four. Strand can cover on right back.

Midfield

Your central midfield is probably the strongest area of the team. Annan, Skjelbred and Sapara are all among the best players in the norwegian league. Traore is a good squadplayer. Savolainen you can get rid of. On the left Olsen should be your first pick. Zahora can be his backup. On the right you only have Strand who is 39(!!) and Jamtfall.

Attack

In attack you have 3 main options. Prica, Iversen and Zahora. Sellin isn`t good enough.

FM info

Chairman status: Loves the club

Finances: Secure

Estimated value: £189.25 mill

Stadium: Lerkendal stadium

Capacity: 21,166

Training facilities: Good

Youth facilities: Good

Club legends: Odd Iversen, Nils Arne Eggen

Club Icons: Roar Strand, Bent Skammelsrud, Harald Martin Brattbakk, Mini Jakobsen, Gøran Sørloth, Sverre Brandhaug, Karl Petter Løken.

Fierce rivals: Molde

Other rivals: Lillestrøm

Media prediction: 2nd

Why play as Rosenborg?

Want a team outside the major european leagues? Want a squad with exiting players? Wanna have a go at conquering europe with a smaller club? If yes, then pick Rosenborg from Trondheim, Norway!

Can YOU make the trollkids big in Europe?!

Nice thread, I love RBK :)

I'm sure I'll have a save as them at one point or another, but I've actually been thinking about using the data editor to change the start date of the league and transfer windows(!) in line with the rest of Europe... Anyone else done this?

• 1 month later...

Just a couple of additions to the OP analysis, based on my career at Lerkendal so far (mid 2012, 3 national titles and 1 second place, 1 Cup, Quarter-Finals in Europa League, CL Group Stage and EL 2nd knockout round).

* Best lineup

Jarstein

Lustig Stadsgaard Demidov Dorsin

Annan

Skjelbred Sapara Olsen

Iversen Prica

* Rotation players

- Lago

- Strand (wherever you place him, he'll deliver)

- Traoré (another solid and promising all-rounder)

* Youth prospects

- Wangberg

- Helland (can become the new Traoré)

- Henriksen (only if you start playing him right away, otherwise won't go past Reserve Squad)

- Bakenga (probably better as winger than as striker)

- Aas can become a decent backup who won't cause problems if sent down to the Reserve Squad. Can eventually be loaned out and sold well afterwards. Still, a good HG player if you ever need "filler"

* For sale

- Espen Johnsen. Lunna is more consistent, won't moan if kept on the bench for most of the time, and has a lower wage...

- Nordvik. Not good enough, and can be sold for good money

- Zahora. I just couldn't find a way to get something out of him. Too slow to be a winger, not deadly enough to be a striker. You won't get big money for him, but you'll free a non-homegrown spot you can use better.

- Sellin. Not good enough. Loan him and then when/if he has gained a bit of rep, sell him for reasonably good money

- Jamtfall, but he won't get much attention, so you can also keep him around as RKB 2's aficionado

- Savolainen. Loan him out ASAP and sell him afterwards

• 1 month later...

I've just started a save with RBK. I started in August so they had already played 15 League games so were 3 points clear at the top when I took over. I'm currently 1 point clear, but I have 3 games in hand of 2nd place Molde as I've had Europa League games to play. The 2 league games I have played were won easily, 2-0 against Fredrikstad and 3-0 away to Lillestrom. In Europe I've played 3 games. First up I beat NSI of the Faroe Islands 13-0. Then in the 2 legs against Iscra Ribnita from Moldova I won 3-0 at home and 4-0 away.

So a good start, 100% clean sheet record so far, although we haven't came up against any tough opposition yet.

With such a small squad I'm hoping I don't get too many injuries. My current lineup looks like this (4-1-2-1-2):

GK: Jarstein

DR: Lustig

DL: Dorsin

DC: Lago

DC: Stadsgaard

DM: Demidov

MC: Annan

MC: Sapara

AM: Skjelbred

ST: Prica

ST: Iversen/Zahora (Zahora has scored 5 in 4 games for me)

Just started my third season.

Season 1 Won League and Super Cup, reached Euro Cup 2 nd KO round

Season 2 Won League and Super Cup, reached Group stage of Champs League.

Any suggestions for fire power up front ? I play 41212 . Iverson is getting on a bit, so have Ermin Zec and rotate about 3 others .Picked up Andreev as he usual scores for fun in my other saves, but not so much this time. Will Bogdan Stancu sign ?

I play Annan as a DMC , but clearly not getting the best out of him. Should I move him forward to a MC and set as ball winning midfielder then ?

Skjelbred , I usually play as AMC , but in support role, should I change to AMC with attacking role ?

Strand just retired , so has now signed as a coach, wot a legend.:D

Strated with Rosenborg on an update, so they dont have Sapara. Anyway, won the Super Cup and then my first 3 games in charge in the league, before a loss to Fredrikstad and a draw at Tromso, but then crash dump, so dont know how much I lost.

Signed Platini, Sarmov, Bandalovski, Varga, Alozi.

Right, never knew that. I have managed ALOT of teams

*takes 2 minutes to count*

Auxerre, Bolton, Lille, Lorient, Rosenborg, Rubin, Windsor & Eton, Barcelona, Groningen, ES Setif, Arsenal, Monchengladbach, Hibernian, Lyon, Roma, Cagliari, Metz, Scunthorpe, De Graafschaap, Newcastle, Sampdoria, BATE Borisov, Red Bull Salzburg, Zaglebie Lubin, Notts Forest, Notts County, Toulouse, Utrecht, Hamburg, Huddersfield, Wolfsburg, Celtic and Southampton.

Thats 33 teams :cool:

Start of season 4;

Honours ; 3 League Titles, 4 Super Cups, 1 Norwegian Cup.

So domestically doing ok, however, is Europe really just a pipedream ? I can get to CL , but always usually go out at group stage.

Advice ??!?!?!?!?

Start of season 4;

Honours ; 3 League Titles, 4 Super Cups, 1 Norwegian Cup.

So domestically doing ok, however, is Europe really just a pipedream ? I can get to CL , but always usually go out at group stage.

Advice ??!?!?!?!?

4 League titles, but yet again beaten in Cup !! What is up with that ?

Archived