FM07 Finances - £2billion in debt!? Help!

Hello there,

This is one of my first posts. I've been looking around for a solution to this problem but I cannot find one anywhere, so apologies if this has already been covered.

I have been playing my FM07 game for a while now, (over 40 hours) and I am in the year 2024 with a very successful Barcelona team. My finances are through the roof and I was amazed when I hit the £2,000,000,000 mark. But then I noticed that above this mark the figures became a negative number counting backwards, leaving me in £billions of debt and it has started seriously affecting my squad. I'm beginning to worry that my board might go and declare the club bankrupt.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this??

This was put into the FM game to keep finances within the bounds of realism for those who were editing the finances. Use one of the editors to reduce your bank balance.

its not its to do with computer coding, not sure exactly but its around 2.07billion where you would need to add more code and build a bigger information sectiony thing (technical term btw) to have bigger numbers within the game. they dont add this extra bit cause its generally not worth the extra hassle and most people dont get up to 2billion.

Litlle bump for this thread. ;)

Same thing happened in my save couple weeks ago. Played in Premiership as Man City, about year 2040 or something my over 2 billion pounds balance transformed into debt, of course the club went bankrupt immediately. I fixed it with a real time editor.

Lesson learned? Sure - spend more of your incomes during the game, too bad I prefer bringing young, unknown and cheap players over expensive ones. :)

Anyway, FM2007 is still cracking game, I'm taking it over the new one anyday, TBH I would pay regular price for it just to have brushed up database and current start date. :thup:

Archived