[Skin Release] Susie Exclusive Skin

Phunky Venom

Hey there guys,

For those of you that dont know, over at Sortitoutsi.net, myself and TomDixon77 are currently designing a new skin for FM09.

The skin is designed by myself and coded by Tom and currently in BETA, we are hoping that release is not a million miles away.

There are two versions, Light and Dark, quick in game screenshots shown below...

Dark Version

Light Version

Go and check it out here

Skin Progression

BETA thread

---------------------------------------------

UPDATE

Skin released, Get it here!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont hurry .. it looks rubbish . the bar at the top is far far too small which dosnt fit most logos

iv seen the other pics of the skin .which looks very untidy , its one of the worse skins iv seen .

so dont hurry no one will be rushing to use it

sparks199 - We appreciate constructive criticism here but not idiotic trolling comments just aiming to stir things up. You're not even factually correct either - skins resize logos so how big they are initially doesn't matter. Take this as a warning, don't do it again.

And everyone else - don't rise to this, just comment on the skin.

Thankyou for the "feedback" Sparks.

However, the header is the same size as most headers on skins out there. I think youll find its the un-natural resolution I have my game window set at, due to large monitor, which, as Radey rightly says, the game resizes the graphics in order to fit.

A fairly nice looking skin from what I can see. I would say that the light skin is maybe a little too light though and hurts the eyes to look at for a prolonged period of time. The dark skin is beautiful though, and I'm guessing the tie changes colour depending on the screen you're looking at? If so would it be possible to make it your clubs main colour on every page? Might add a little bit of feel to it.

The tie does currently change colour for every screen your on yep, feedback so far showed people quite liked that. However, a version can also be included where the tie remains the colour of your own squad.

As for the light version, this is the version thats based soley on the Susie Forums/site, so the colour scheme had to resemble it. Many have said the same thing from screenshots that they think it could be too light, but on using have actually really liked it. Its a matter of personal taste which is why have also included the dark version also :)

sparks199 - We appreciate constructive criticism here but not idiotic trolling comments just aiming to stir things up. You're not even factually correct either - skins resize logos so how big they are initially doesn't matter. Take this as a warning, don't do it again.

And everyone else - don't rise to this, just comment on the skin.

and the very fact you cant see what the aim of this is about .is a joke

because this is the main aim to get members only to there site to join . how can you allow that

Skin available to PREMIUM members only

and let me add that on Jan 7 2009 they posted that they are making there skin and 2 months later

on Mar 6 2009 they then say Skin available to PREMIUM members only

the only reason they are doing this is to get members to join ..so the fact there posting it on here is a big joke

there useing this site to advertising there site

like they have allready here : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=109908

to quote ;myself and TomDixon77 are currently designing a new skin for FM09.

this was started on on Jan 7 2009 it was finnished on on Mar 6 2009 .

its now april .and the funny thing is that in jan they sed the very same thing .

this is very clear that the purpose of this is to get members to join and they are useing this site to

Advertise there site

Its not advertising members to join Susie at all tbh, I think Susie is one of the largest and most established fan based sites for Si Games and FM on the scene, so anyone who wants to be a member there already most likely will be. The skin is going to be released to all members in not too long so I was merely making people further aware of it. Sparks, tbh you come across as a bit of a troublemaker already, so im taking your posts with a pinch of salt.

Its not advertising members to join Susie at all tbh, I think Susie is one of the largest and most established fan based sites for Si Games and FM on the scene, so anyone who wants to be a member there already most likely will be. The skin is going to be released to all members in not too long so I was merely making people further aware of it. Sparks, tbh you come across as a bit of a troublemaker already, so im taking your posts with a pinch of salt.

once the skin is finnish and ready to post then fine . im happy with that

but to annonce it will be soon ... which by the way you did on Jan 7 2009 says it all

that was 4 months ago

And im sure youll appreciate that I am currently doing my Finals at University and not got a huge amount of time on my hands, plus Tom has also been busy so development slowed for a little while. We released a BETA in the mean time so the skin didnt go stale and could get feedback from people on how it worked.

Recently both of us are able to put more work into it again so completion is nearing.

As far as im aware, you dont have any authority on saying when I choose to announce details on the skin or say when I can or cannot post to advertise it.

it is cheap spam form what i can see ..

why even choose to announce details on the skin that you started to make in jan ..which again you use the words soon .

and at no stage back then did you say it was for PREMIUM members only

untill march

so your track record doesnt go well .. to come on here and say the same very things you sed in jan about the very same skin

I think you find if you knew me better, you know I have quite an established and good track record within the community, but hey. Not going to continue this discussion as can see you are stuck in your ways. Feel free to PM me if you wish to continue the debate.

it is cheap spam form what i can see ..

why even choose to announce details on the skin that you started to make in jan ..which again you use the words soon .

and at no stage back then did you say it was for PREMIUM members only

untill march

so your track record doesnt go well .. to come on here and say the same very things you sed in jan about the very same skin

I tell you what, you try and code a skin in your spare time, let alone one as intricate as this one, then come back and slag us off.

And it's only the beta version that's for premium members (and you don't even need to pay to be able to get it, if you meet other criteria)

Sparks199:

Please stop. It was not clear your initial comment was a joke. If you had a problem then you should have stated it in a clear concise post. As it is you're littering this thread (and my PM inbox) with off topic comments to try and prove your point.

There is nothing wrong with the OP or the way the creators have acted in my view. This is simply a WIP thread, the result of which will be freely available to EVERYONE. It may have a BETA release to members of a fansite but nowhere in this thread has this been advertised or pushed on our users.

If you continue on this path I'll happily add to your list of infractions.

Thankyou Kris, appreciated :)

As for the skin, taking Sparks points into consideration, ive decided there shall be no more BETA testing, not in the Public Domain anyway. The next release will be a full release to all members, so ill keep you all updated.

All thats left now are little niggles and colours to use with the Dark alternative.

Thankyou Kris, appreciated :)

As for the skin, taking Sparks points into consideration, ive decided there shall be no more BETA testing, not in the Public Domain anyway. The next release will be a full release to all members, so ill keep you all updated.

All thats left now are little niggles and colours to use with the Dark alternative.

Really irritating little niggles, mind.

The skin is closer to release now, so a few final screenshots of the dark version...

Intro Screen

team Screen

Tactics

League Standings

Player Screen

a number of things .. to the far left and far right .. its over lapping

managers name is at the bottom left

players attributes is not in numbers .its hard to tell what there skills are

date time month top right is hard to see

players profile photos are to tight

to much space in players attributes

too many dark colors the same

players name is to far right and not middle

1. The 'overlap' is intentional. It's supposed to look like our forums.

2. Um, so?

3. He's just selected 'show graphical attributes' in the preferences, all skins look like that if you do.

4. I don't have any trouble with it.

5. Again, intentional, as we're going to have a range of player pictures that are designed for the skin

6. If you play at a high resolution, you get a lot of space on player profile screens, as they have to work at 1024x768, so they're not going to look the same at big widescreen resolutions.

7. Again, I don't think so, but that's up to you.

8. Personally, I prefer having team player names off to one side.

There seems to be a gap in the table between 22nd and 23rd which doesnt look right considering there isnt one between 23rd and 24th, also its really quite hard to see the date and other titles along that panel, aswell as the news popups at the bottom of the screen, would it not be much clearer if you just changed the font colour of those two things to white or something that dosent blend into the background so much, or would changing the font colour of those change the colour of other things such as player names of the squad screen in which case it would be better as it is. Nice skin, its not something id use but i still think its good, good work:thup:

allso the teams name on the table are not lined up ..they look all over the place

That's due to the logos that pv is using not being a consistent width

th_Fuball-Bundesliga.png

There seems to be a gap in the table between 22nd and 23rd which doesnt look right considering there isnt one between 23rd and 24th, also its really quite hard to see the date and other titles along that panel, aswell as the news popups at the bottom of the screen, would it not be much clearer if you just changed the font colour of those two things to white or something that dosent blend into the background so much, or would changing the font colour of those change the colour of other things such as player names of the squad screen in which case it would be better as it is. Nice skin, its not something id use but i still think its good, good work:thup:

The gap is actually there between 23rd and 24th, it's just the background is making it more noticable, for some reason (they're both using the same table graphics, so there's no actual difference). And whilst the date is a little bit smaller than usual, the new popups are in a pretty big font, and very noticable.

and more attributes colors like mine ... iv customise my own skin useing fm defult .

attachment.php?attachmentid=4101&d=1238587059

That wouldn't fit with the skin, and is only your opinion of what they should be. Personally, I don't like the colours you've chosen at all.

That's due to the logos that pv is using not being a consistent width?

im not sure thats ture .. look at the top 3 all start with the letter B look at the line of the B

then look at nottm forest ..and the letter N ...the starting letter should be lined up ..no matter what logos your useing

That's due to the logos that pv is using not being a consistent width?

im not sure thats ture .. look at the top 3 all start with the letter B look at the line of the B

then look at nottm forest ..and the letter N ...the starting letter should be lined up ..no matter what logos your useing

Tables aren't controlled by the skin. Look at my screenshot, all the teams line up. Oh and Barnsley doesn't line up with Birmingham or Blackpool.

That's due to the logos that pv is using not being a consistent width

th_Fuball-Bundesliga.png

The gap is actually there between 23rd and 24th, it's just the background is making it more noticable, for some reason (they're both using the same table graphics, so there's no actual difference). And whilst the date is a little bit smaller than usual, the new popups are in a pretty big font, and very noticable.

Sparks, why do you choose to be so annoying?

and yes Sparks, Your attribute colours really would not fit this skin at all, but feel free to change them to that for your own personal use.

oooooooooooooo im sorry am i surpose to just say wow weee great skin

im adding my opinon , if you cant take it or dont like it then Dont post

No, not at all, your allowed to have an opinion, of course you are. You just don't have to be such a jerk in putting it across thats all.

are you for real . so tell me what,s the right n wrong way ... i wrote

so tell me . or im i just suropse to be happy and say nothing about what i dont like about your skin ..... my god

are you for real . so tell me what,s the right n wrong way ... i wrote

so tell me . or im i just suropse to be happy and say nothing about what i dont like about your skin ..... my god

However, none of things will be changing, as they are either designed that way, or we don't consider them to be problems.

Sparks, its simple. If you dont like it, no one is forcing you into using it. None the things youve mentioned will be changing as Tom said, as theyve been designed that way or are simply what FM does itself.

I also cant believe youve picked on my player screen showing graphical attributes instead of numerical, when thats something you choose in the settings yourself.

I dont want the players name to be in the middle either, IT WAS DESIGNED to be on the right.

Imo sparks that screenshot you put of your attributes being changed looks like a childs coloured your skin in, its hideosly bright with too many different colours, im assuming you either are a child who has been let loose with the colour xml file or you have very bad vision or taste. I dont think ive seen you complement one skinner on these forums, you couldnt even appreciate the work that went into the Klasa skin (not like it, just realise how much work had actually gone into it). It wouldn't kill you to not be such a jerk.

Archived