4-4-2 Long Ball-give it a try

after struggling to find a tactic for the 9.0.3 patch i decided to go back to basics and make a simple no nonsense long ball tactic.firstly i just picked the default 442 standard tactic and came up with this

http://www.savefile.com/files/2040959

i`m not very good at writing an indepth tactical breakdown so i`ll let you try this.it has put me joint top of the premiership in my second season in the prem with an average squad age of 21.

the only thing i change during the match is forward runs depending on how the game is going.

no OI used

assistant manager does team talks and press confrences

btw i1m playing with Birmingham so not a top side by any means

no the screenshots are just one version of the tactic i play.i use the arrows to make or take off foward runs depending on how the games is going.i tick the target man box and just pick the one with best heading and jumping and had him to the list.at the moment im using henri anier 20 jumping 17 heading.

Always keen to try out new tactics, so I'll give it a bash a little later.

One question though.... I know that you said you have not conceded in 5 games which is great, but would a deeper defence line be better for the long ball?

That way you draw the oppo onto you, and then you break with the longball over the top of all of their players?

Lee

hadnt thoght of that good idea .but wouldnt that increase the pressure the oppostion put on you

Technicaly yes. But the way you are playing is almost a counter attacking way, and the more men you commit from the opposition the more space your strikers have and the less chance of the long ball being intercepted.

Obviously, this is all theoretical, so, dont forget the old proverb.... If it ain't broke, dont fix it ! 8O)

kroshot on screenies you have set Target man supply to head and in tac file uploaded on first post mixed.

So assume It is depending on what type of strikers you have. Am i right?

Used this tactic for my liverpool tactic so far it is awesome mate hardly ever concede went 14 matches without letting a goal in only lost one game so far. played about 24 games top by 5 points with only 4 goals conceded good work mate

kroshot kroshot can you please make another link to download this tactic please? and tell us some imp instructions for these tactic to succeed ? can you?

if you can use rapidshare is better pls

and tell us which is one target men and some imp instrucitons to succedd better please can you?

Anyone tried this with targetman unticked and just using two quick strikers? I tried it lastnight away against Villa and Everton with a weak team and got good results. Gonna use it as my away tactic from now on I think.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived