Regen Factory

Over last couple of weeks iv been trying out a method i thought up from when i used to play championship manager back in the 90's and after testing the system iv had some good results.

Basically we all no that when a player retires he gets re-generated with a completely different name and is entered back into the football manager world aged between 15-25. So how do you find the re-generated Figo, Deco, Beckham, Ballack etc..., well its easy, just follow these simple steps.

1. At end of season before generating a new season do a player search on players aged 30+

2. Press O and click the Inf tab so it sorts all retiring players in order.

3. click on the player you wish to buy once re-generated and note his, exact position, Primary nationality and ALL his Mental stats. Ido this because every player returns the exact nationality and position, some mental stats will also be same or familiar.

Now thats half of the job done. Generate the new season and wait until end of july. Say you want to find Deco who is an AMC, do a player search on his nationality and position only (which would be midfield and centre). When you get the search results scrol down the list and look at all the portuguese AMC's. look at their mental stats and compare with earlier notes, remember they will not be exactly same but very similar. to be double sure he's a regen, check his playing history as ALL regens playing history is clean. Once you get familiar with this system you can spot them straight away.

If you cannot find your regen at end of july, try later in the season as they can appear at any time. English regens almost always appear in the BSP and are very young. i picked up neville, beckham and andy cole from Stafford Rangers all for under 100k!!.

You can repeat this process every season.

if you shortlist the retiring player would the regen appear on your shortlist?

ive had a sell on clause inserted on a retiring player and when his regen has emerged and be sold ive still got my sell on, wonder if it would be the same for the shortlist

ive had a sell on clause inserted on a retiring player and when his regen has emerged and be sold ive still got my sell on, wonder if it would be the same for the shortlist

another bug there

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

f_B10forumpicm_b6be3c7.png

hi !

this help is for any champ manager ? like 96-97 or 97-98 seasons?

no i need any program ?

This is for FMH09 but probably works for any management game that produces regens. In the opening paragraph i said i came up with the idea from playing old champmans,

Im on fire with spotting regens now, its opened up a whole new insight into the game as i usualy get bored 10 seasons in because i dont know any players, however at least i now know who my players WERE!!!

I have only had one problem finding a player and that was Roberto Carlos. I kept filtering brazilian LB for 2-3 seasons but he never turned up.

good thread i'll give it a try, do the fav. personnel stay similar or place of birth be the same? also would the new players height be the same?

you must be in the wrong place mate, this is the Handheld section :thup:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

would this work when a regenerated player retires?

i say it should do, as its just the original player being regenerated again

Have I just bagged myself the new aforementioned Roberto Carlos??

Retiring name, nationality, position, mental stats

Robert Carlos, Brazilian, D L, 18,12,16,16,13,12,17

Danilo Pereira da Silva, Brazilian, D L, 18,12,13,9,13,12,18

And the new Cannavaro??

Fabio Cannavaro, Italian, SW/D C, 15,12,17,18,12,17,17

Tommaso Bianco, Italian, SW/D C, 14,12,10,10,12,17,17

And now the new Claude Makelele??

Claude Makelele, French, DMC, 16,10,17,19,12,14,19

Mathieu Payet, French, DMC, 16,10,11,13,12,13,19

This is brilliant!!!

Oh, I started out as Annan but then got offered the job at Aberdeen just after I'd secured promotion to Premier League so took it as first time I've ever been offered a job while currently in one!! Signed most of my old players for pittance too!!

Sorry, back on topic, this is a brilliant way of ensuring you get the players you want each new season. I can't praise it enough

I've also bagged myself what I think are the new Del Piero, the new David James (no smart comments please, I'll probably flog him anyway!!!) and just before transfer deadline day, the new Christian Panucci too!!

Not sure to be honest, why?

because it would be easier to find them if they shared the same birthday. Its just that on my game Jussi Jääskeläinen retired and next season a new finnish goalie was on the game but the birthdays were different so i thought they would keep the same birthday.

because it would be easier to find them if they shared the same birthday. Its just that on my game Jussi Jääskeläinen retired and next season a new finnish goalie was on the game but the birthdays were different so i thought they would keep the same birthday.

well seeing as their year of birth is changing, they probably just randomise the date aswell?

Is there a way on the Player Search to find just the players retiring? This would make it much easier for me when using this method. :).

He's already said on the 1st post

on player search customise it to over 30's then confirm and click on inf

My leeds team was pretty much all regens. I had the regens of Ballack, Deco, Owen, Abiatti, Pannuci, Nesta, Camoranessi. and their playing positions were exact to the spot.

To be honest I didn't even know they were regens, i just thought they were really tallented youngsters.

i was trying to search for the Nedved regen, but i cant search for Czech nationalities?!

follow the steps but leave the nation blank and on results page press triangle until you get 'International'. Press circle and click on nationalities, this will put all Czech together.

follow the steps but leave the nation blank and on results page press triangle until you get 'International'. Press circle and click on nationalities, this will put all Czech together

i was trying to search for the Nedved regen, but i cant search for Czech nationalities?!

Same as me, but thanks Bugel. Couldnt find Adrian Mutu either as he was from Romania.

Same as me, but thanks Bugel. Couldnt find Adrian Mutu either as he was from Romania.

After using this method over 15 seasons i find theres the odd player that doesnt return. I never saw Kaka's regen, Alan Smith's, Roberto Carlos, Van Der Vaarts, John 'o' Shea and Rio Ferdinand.

yeah and a few are made into the game... a finish wonderkid striker appeared onto the game ... most stats 20 and hes worth the most off all players... at the start of the game there is no striker from finland with that kind of skill.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else gotten players coming back as regens but really old? I got Nakamura back there last season but he was already 23 (no history so he was definitely a regen) plus I've just signed the new Robbie Keane (no jokes Liverpool fans please!) and he's already 26 with no history.

Archived