Football Manager knowledgeable streamers

Hey guys, long time lurker here, finally deciding to post :)

I have a question to ask, hoping its the right place to do so. What are your favorite football manager streamers/youtubers? In particular i am looking for videos/streams of people who are good at the tactical part of the game, to supplement the reading i have been doing from various football manager blogs. I know the best way to learn tactics is to play the game, but right know i dont have a pc for fm16 and in the meantime i would love to watch others play the game :) Thanks in advance for the help.

In terms of the popular ones - they're more story driven than anything. I think SecondYellowCard probably knows his stuff about tactics but he's on hiatus at present. DrBenjyFM (I think that's his name) is amazing to watch but couldn't manage himself out of a paper bag with his erratic tactics. The other two more well known ones that I see pop up are GoldenFM and WorkTheSpace. GoldenFM is a 'challenge' type channel and doesn't pretend he knows anything about tactics but has some really interesting ways of manipulating the database to make clever save files. WorkTheSpace is a 'story' type channel I think, no real focus on tactics, more on players, DrBenjyFM-lite if you will - DrBenjyFM having really made that genre his own with overall presentation, which is just terrific.

I've watched probably a couple hundred FM streamer videos and there's not much out there that combines production values with knowledge of the game, I don't think FM lends itself to the genre of streaming particularly well at the moment. What you're best doing is probably watching the SecondYellowCard archive and maybe watching the sporadic videos out there titled things like 'How to make a tactic' in combination with the forums. The forums/articles/blogs are really the gold-mine for building tactics.

There's only one channel you need to know on YouTube, especially if you want to learn more about tactics - it's called Bust the Net. It's run by Rashidi, who is one of our Tactics Forum Moderators.

There's probably nobody outside of SI that knows more about tactics and the ME than him. He also has his own blog called Addicted to FM.

Rashidi's channel and SecondYellowCard's seems very interesting! I will check them out, thank you. I hope to find more of them also, football manager really needs some ''high level gameplay''... i would pay for a youtube/twitch career from one of the game's gurus! :)

Rashidi's channel and SecondYellowCard's seems very interesting! I will check them out, thank you. I hope to find more of them also, football manager really needs some ''high level gameplay''... i would pay for a youtube/twitch career from one of the game's gurus! :)

What does 'high level gameplay' mean?

What I mean with " high level gameplay" is gameplay made by someone who is very good at the game in most of it's aspects. For example, if I play hearthstone or any other game and i want to learn from better players i just do a quick search on youtube or twitch and usually i can find videos pretty quickly. This is not the case for football manager, most of the youtube series are story driven and the best sources of info come from mostly from blogs and this forum. What i would love to see is how "the pros" manage their team basically :)

In the video, he will explain how he will set up different pressing style(defence, midfield, attack and Klopp gegenpressing) and also how to set up defensive traps using OIs. Can check out his channel for more videos.

[video=youtube;JmBLLlBQdDY]

What I mean with " high level gameplay" is gameplay made by someone who is very good at the game in most of it's aspects. For example, if I play hearthstone or any other game and i want to learn from better players i just do a quick search on youtube or twitch and usually i can find videos pretty quickly. This is not the case for football manager, most of the youtube series are story driven and the best sources of info come from mostly from blogs and this forum. What i would love to see is how "the pros" manage their team basically :)

I've developed a Welsh side over 35 seasons to beat Real Madrid 8-1 in a Champions League semi with only 40% possession over the two legs (I beat them in the final 3-0 the following year). Maybe I should start up a channel :p

The problem FM has is that it's not that interesting to watch without the bells and whistles of 'challenges' or gimmicks. There's also diminishing gains with tactical tweaks game by game - it can't be the crux of your episodes simply because tactics isn't totally reactive, you shouldn't be drastically changing your team to react to what your opponent is doing every game, which is a marked difference from how games that are interesting to stream work (AoE, LoL, CS:GO).

I think tactical videos and demonstration videos will more or less be mutually exclusive from career videos. Not to say one guy couldn't do both, I just think you'd have to have that person have 10 videos explain how they understand tactics in game with career modes supplementing them.

Rashidi's channel strikes the balance as above, but I wouldn't think anyone would find it very interesting if he went on for 30 minutes about the relative benefits of overlapping full backs when playing an inside forward in the middle of a story episode.

Archived