Do you like the new Elevated Camera?

Hi:)

As the title says; What do you think of the Elevated Camera, with the adjustments that has been made in FM16??

Myself and my online-friends think that it has too much movement up/Down, zoom in/out.

(The "old" elevated had a more still panoramal movement, with no jerkiness)

For us, it has been somewhat of a game ruiner:(

- The new ProZone cam is okay/acceptable, but when the ball is on the flank farest away, it´s hard to see what´s going on properly (the camera angle is somehow too low in height compared to the "old" elevated cam, I/we think).

What are your thoughts??:)

Honestly i don't like any camera, they are all too similar and stay too far away from the action. We need closer cameras and a camera from the view of your manager or from fan stands (with other fans visible).

I'm amazed you still play FM, it appears to bring you very little joy.

And i'm amazed you are a moderator then, attacking me for no reason just because i made a suggestion about the cameras.

He's hardly 'attacking you', particularly as he makes a valid point.

Anyway, IMO the introduction of the 'close cam' in FM13 (I think) is one of the reasons so many more people moan about the match engine nowadays. Due to the camera being a lot closer, it makes the graphical imperfections stand out a lot more. A camera even closer to the action would exacerbate this even more.

Not that it particularly bothers me, I tend to use 2D now anyway, either the normal one or the classic one. I'll sometimes have the replays on 3D though. I did quite like the elevated cam on FM15 and played a whole save with it (Fortuna Sittard), and I have noticed it's not as good this year.

He's hardly 'attacking you', particularly as he makes a valid point.

Anyway, IMO the introduction of the 'close cam' in FM13 (I think) is one of the reasons so many more people moan about the match engine nowadays. Due to the camera being a lot closer, it makes the graphical imperfections stand out a lot more. A camera even closer to the action would exacerbate this even more.

Not that it particularly bothers me, I tend to use 2D now anyway, either the normal one or the classic one. I'll sometimes have the replays on 3D though. I did quite like the elevated cam on FM15 and played a whole save with it (Fortuna Sittard), and I have noticed it's not as good this year.

Whatever he just lashed out at me, i simply said what i feel about the cameras and made a suggestion to improve them.

I remember there was an older FM that there was some sort of mod that enabled a developer camera that was very close to the ball, it was actually interesting but it seems the mod doesn't work anymore.

No I didn't, based on your recent activity on the forum FM does appear to bring you more frustration than joy, if I'm incorrect in that assessment then I apologies but I certainly didn't lash out at you.

Actually I would be interested I knowing what it is about FM that you do enjoy.

Whatever he just lashed out at me, i simply said what i feel about the cameras and made a suggestion to improve them.

I remember there was an older FM that there was some sort of mod that enabled a developer camera that was very close to the ball, it was actually interesting but it seems the mod doesn't work anymore.

It contravened licencing unfortunately, enjoyed it while it lasted as you say.

It contravened licencing unfortunately, enjoyed it while it lasted as you say.

I quite liked this camera angle mod too and I've been disappointed that there hasn't been a follow up mod or even SI adding their own dugout/ball cam.

Is it correct that this particular mod actually contravened licensing? Can you elaborate on this? I asked a while ago but never had an official answer so I'm still unsure why this could be a licensing issue, especially when you can add your own official badges and other graphics etc.

Kriss is correct, we are not given the reasons why & as is often the case companies cannot (not legally permitted) or will not (doesn't upset the owner of rights) disclose the precise nature of the legal stumbling blocks.

With the amount of silly ways the 3d engine interprets the ME I think having a real close camera would dramatically increase the complaints from people who think the 3d engine is literally what happens in the ME.

I normally play with whatever it defaults to, but sometimes I'll use a more zoomed out one if I need to be looking at the team as a whole.

With the amount of silly ways the 3d engine interprets the ME I think having a real close camera would dramatically increase the complaints from people who think the 3d engine is literally what happens in the ME.

You can almost plot the spike in ME complaints from the time SI introduced the 'close cam' view. For that very reason.

And i'm amazed you are a moderator then, attacking me for no reason just because i made a suggestion about the cameras.

I've no idea what this is about - but gotta side with you on the moderator point - as far as I can tell he isn't actually a moderator, he's a agent of the system and here to sensor and delete, posts made in good faith and humour - which of course is just curtailing that old bugbear "FREEDOM OF SPEECH"

Whilst I can fully understand - all though do not agree with - the need to "moderate" - because people are offended by nothing and so easily these day's - it really should be reserved for the really inappropriate - I've had so many posts deleted in my short time here just because a tiny amount of power has been given to some poorly equipped to wield it that it's spoiling what would other be great fun here.

I'll admit my posts can be a ramble - I love a good arguement - but they're never worthly of requiring deletion. I've had posts deleted just for defending myself against attack and for suggesting that diplomatic answers from SI are not what the community want - it's the honest and up front answers we'd like thanks - I did word it differently but there was nothing that bad in it.

At the end of the day, I can live without this site, and I'm damn sure the site can live without me - seems a shame to cause an eccentric like myself to become disillusioned and leave your community just because of an overzealous not quite moderate moderator. Especially when you have a look at what I've contributed since I got here - ASSUMING IT HASN'T BEEN DELETED.

Your apparently drunken posts from the other night warranted deletion, the sheer volume of your posts that have been deleted by various moderators & SI staff should be a clear indication that your behaviour is not compliant with the house rules, I suggest you have a read of them.

They are found at the bottom of the forum index.

I've no idea what this is about - but gotta side with you on the moderator point - as far as I can tell he isn't actually a moderator, he's a agent of the system and here to sensor and delete, posts made in good faith and humour - which of course is just curtailing that old bugbear "FREEDOM OF SPEECH"

Whilst I can fully understand - all though do not agree with - the need to "moderate" - because people are offended by nothing and so easily these day's - it really should be reserved for the really inappropriate - I've had so many posts deleted in my short time here just because a tiny amount of power has been given to some poorly equipped to wield it that it's spoiling what would other be great fun here.

I'll admit my posts can be a ramble - I love a good arguement - but they're never worthly of requiring deletion. I've had posts deleted just for defending myself against attack and for suggesting that diplomatic answers from SI are not what the community want - it's the honest and up front answers we'd like thanks - I did word it differently but there was nothing that bad in it.

At the end of the day, I can live without this site, and I'm damn sure the site can live without me - seems a shame to cause an eccentric like myself to become disillusioned and leave your community just because of an overzealous not quite moderate moderator. Especially when you have a look at what I've contributed since I got here - ASSUMING IT HASN'T BEEN DELETED.

Uh dude why are you bringin this up? If you got a problem with the moderators just send a private message or something, no need to waste everybody's time with pointless stuff like this.

Uh dude why are you bringin this up? If you got a problem with the moderators just send a private message or something, no need to waste everybody's time with pointless stuff like this.

Surely the reason for me bringing it up is self-evident - given you were the one that originally said " And i'm amazed you are a moderator then, attacking me for no reason just because i made a suggestion about the cameras. "

This caused neurons to fire in my brain making associations and, TADA - I brought it up. As for it being pointless - pretty much everything is pointless - I've never been able to get a scale of pointlessness down accurately but I'm pretty sure unless your am Einstein et all, no one is gonna remember any of us in 100 years time so may as well enjoy the ride whilst it lasts.

An eccentric that doesn't realise he's eccentric is either completely stupid or totally sheltered from other human interaction. Nothing remotely difficult about comparing yourself to others and noting similarities or in my case oddities or differences. Admitting to being an eccentric means I'm cool with it and hence bulletproof on that front. Unless of course I've just decided to make up that I'm an eccentric which would be an eccentric thing to do no? Regardless, at the very least I'm a wannabee eccentric then - surely that's not beyond the scope of possibility or would a wannabee never admit to wanting to be eccentric either? I've no idea, I'll leave all the eccentric stuff to our resident eccentric expert Dagenham_Dave.

Barside, pretty sure your almost the exclusive culpret when it's come to deleting my post - I've no way of proving that right enough - it could well be the case I'm mistaken and the whole community of moderators have been deleting my posts left right and centre for there various nefarious content or absence of substance, in which case I can only apologise for not living up to the high bar that's set by so many around here.

I'd actually come on to find somewhere to post about how engrossed I am in my game and how absorbed I'd become during a FA Cup Semi with Arsenal - genuine rollercoaster that's probably taking years off my life and giving me high blood pressure etc. So as tempting as it is to join the lemmings that swear they won't be buying the next version cause this ones apparently a pig in a poke - I'll stick my neck out calmly aware that whilst my posts may be deleted - I'm pretty sure moderators can't stop me playing.

I wasn't drinking the other night - those posts you felt needed deleted were as a result of my eccentricities - or so I thought!

Sorry for the pointless wasting of everyones precious time!

As long as posts do not breach the forum rules, they will be allowed. :thup:

If there is a problem with a post being insulting, report it (the triangle button in every post) and if there's a problem with the moderating, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

With that out of the way, let us get back on topic or otherwise the thread gets closed.

No I didn't, based on your recent activity on the forum FM does appear to bring you more frustration than joy, if I'm incorrect in that assessment then I apologies but I certainly didn't lash out at you.

Actually I would be interested I knowing what it is about FM that you do enjoy.

Hadn't seen this before, i enjoy most of the game, it's just the match engine that is really bad which is what i complain the most about.

The problem with the cameras is that most of them are so far away that it becomes hard to see the ball. Especially in my laptop which has 1920x1080 resolution. For example the "Behind Goal" and "Behind corner" stay fixed on one side and if the ball goes to the other half you can barely see what is going on. It doesn't switch automatically so you have to manually change the setting to reverse it EVERYTIME the ball goes far away. This makes these two cameras useless right away.

Let's go in detail for each camera view:

• TV: Acceptable but sometimes a bit too far when the ball goes the other side of the half. Makes it hard to see the ball when its raining because of the water on the grass.
  • Main Stand: Acceptable but somewhat too far, you can't see the details of the players, their boots and the 3d kits you can download too much.
  • Close: The best camera, you can easily see the most detail here regardless of where the ball is, and you can always spot the ball easily in this camera. The problem here is that it gets boring watching only this camera but no other options are on par with it.
  • Elevated: Too far, good to see the positioning of the players but not as exciting to watch.
  • Vertical Scrolling: Same problem as the elevated camera.
  • Zoomed Vertical Scrolling: Closer than the one above but not as much, it would be better if it was closer and the camera was more panned, sort of like the Fifa Virtual Pro camera.
  • Behind Goal: Like mentioned before the camera is good when the ball is near, but does not switch automatically when the ball is on the other half.
  • Behind Corner: Same as above.
  • Sideline: The second best camera, you can see more stadium detail with it, problem is that its just slightly too far, if it was as close as the "Close" camera but with this angle, it would be the best camera which would allow you to see the detail of the stadium and the detail of the players.
  • Touchline: The sideline camera angled in the wrong direction from what i mentioned above.
  • Rail: An interesting customizable camera, but the option to go to the sides requires a million clicks to barely move anything. Needs more zoom and angle control.
  • Prozone: Identical to touchline but farther away.
  • Sideline Rail: An interesting camera, but when the ball goes near the goal or the more distant corner flag its hard to see what is going on. Also, does the reverse option do anything for this camera? The nice thing about this camera is that you can better see what the managers are doing.
  • Director: Switches around some cameras, but most of the time just stays in "Close" camera.

• Behind Goal: Like mentioned before the camera is good when the ball is near, but does not switch automatically when the ball is on the other half.
  • Behind Corner: Same as above.

I would love SI to make these dynamic, at the very least when selected for goal mouth incident replays they should automatically switch to be behind the correct goal

Personally I've always stuck to touchline & sideline camera.

2D and 2D classic cameras are the ones I use almost exclusively now. I remember the excitement of the commentary only in the old Champ Mans, but I don't think I could ever go back to that now. Although you'd get virtually no ME complaints on here...

I'd quite like to see the actual commentary explanded though. Since FM14, it's been very basic. I understand there's not the same need for it now, but still, would be more immersive to have proper commentary run alongside the graphical engine. Audio commentary could be interesting, but it would need to be varied and detailed for it to be of any use.

Archived