FM16: Danish Superliga...and perhaps below

Mr_Demus

OQeEEMN.jpg

Introduction:

Seeing as Denmark is my native country, I always have a save here. It's an enjoyable country to play in, with many interesting clubs, and the possibility to build something new. I will try my best to make a review of the 12 clubs competing the top level Superliga.

The structure:

The top league consists of 12 teams (in the first season. Explanation will follow). Each team will play each other three times, making it 33 games. The season is divided into three periods. The periods only have one purpose - the division of prize money which are handed out after 11, 22 and 33 games. First season will see the champion enter the CL qualifiers, teams placed 2 and 3 will enter the EL alongside the cup winner. One team is relegated.

What comes next?:

Next season will se a change in structure. 3 teams are promoted making it 14 teams. Each team will play eachother twice in the regular season making it 26 games. Then begins the playoffs as we know from eg. Belgium.

The top 6 teams qualify for the champions playoff. Here the teams will meet twice. All points are carried over from the regular season.

The 8 remaining teams are divided into 2 groups based on their placement in the regular season. The will also play each other twice. All points are carried over from the regular season.

The top 2 teams from each group will play each other in a two legged semifinal and the winners will meet in a two legged final. The winner of this final will play the best team NOT qualified for europe from the champion group.

The bottom four teams will play knockout matches, where the worst team will relegate. Number 12 and 13 will play numer 2 and 3 from the division below for one spot in next seasons superliga.

The teams:

Ds94iRE.png

FC Midtjylland - Last season: 1st

Based in Herning. A fusion between Herning Fremad and Ikast FS formed in 1999, they won their first championship in 2014/2015, and will compete in the CL. They are one of the biggest clubs in Denmark, with many good players. They are generellay recognised as a club which produces a lot of talent. Players such as Simon Kjær(Fenerbahce) and Winston Reid(West Ham) are products of their academy. They have a strong link with Nigeria, bring through a lot of nigerian players in recent years. Lately Matthew Benham of Brentham also bought a part of the club, setting up a partnership.

Stadium: MCH Arena 11,800 capacity

Nickname: Ulvene (The Wolves)

Why play as them: You choose FCM if you want to immediately challenge for the title, and if you want to build the legacy of a young club.

m0v8e3m.png

FC København - Last season 2nd

Based in Copenhagen. The capital club of Denamrk. Formed in 1992 as a fusion of KB and B1903, two of the tradition clubs of danish football. They have been a powerhouse from the beginning, winning 10 championships and finishing runner-up on 6 occasions. The are the biggest team in Denmark, and they have a squad very much capable of winning the title. The have a fierce rivalry with Brøndby IF, where the games are often precede by fights between the teams' fans. You will compete in the EL in the first season.

Stadium: Telia Parken, 38,065 capacity

Nicknames: Løverne (The lions), Byens hold (The city's team)

Why play as them: You choose FCK if you want to immediately challenge for the title. Their squad could also be capable of competing in the EL group stage depending on luck and draw.

Something came up. Will continue this later....

Currently in a save with Esbjerg fB, 1st season and enjoying the league... interesting change to league structure in second season. Intereted in this thread here for sure!

please let us know how you get on - transfers and stuff.

Hi,

no screen caps to post however it's a thoroughly enjoyable league. I left Esbjerg halfway through second season to take a job in Germany with Cottbus. I found that pace and technical ability were key factors to garnering some success. Didnt win anything whilst there but just missed out on continental qualification. In final third of the first season injuries decimated my squad and we could no longer compete wit FC Kobenhavn, Brondby and FC Midtjylland. Alot of my players were poached at the winter break by clubs from bigger leagues which meant I had to do some wheeling and dealing... this was challenging but enjoyable too :) The policy of rewarding teams with prize money for their league position at every third of the season really helped out my finances too. Also I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of players available in the Danish First Division... got a couple of ready-made first teamers from Lyngby. The youth set-up is good too... only enabling full time contracts for squad rotation players and above certainly helped out my finances. All in all I will certainly go back to the Superliga at soon... well researched and definetly a league with massive potential.

Hi,

no screen caps to post however it's a thoroughly enjoyable league. I left Esbjerg halfway through second season to take a job in Germany with Cottbus. I found that pace and technical ability were key factors to garnering some success. Didnt win anything whilst there but just missed out on continental qualification. In final third of the first season injuries decimated my squad and we could no longer compete wit FC Kobenhavn, Brondby and FC Midtjylland. Alot of my players were poached at the winter break by clubs from bigger leagues which meant I had to do some wheeling and dealing... this was challenging but enjoyable too :) The policy of rewarding teams with prize money for their league position at every third of the season really helped out my finances too. Also I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of players available in the Danish First Division... got a couple of ready-made first teamers from Lyngby. The youth set-up is good too... only enabling full time contracts for squad rotation players and above certainly helped out my finances. All in all I will certainly go back to the Superliga at soon... well researched and definetly a league with massive potential.

Thanks for the words of praise re. the level of research.

Please let us know how you get on if you do decide to give it another go (with screenshots :) ).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have noticed the facilities of the clubs seems to be quite good. I have downloaded a Nordic custom database which brings together all the Nordic clubs into 1 league system. I noticed Veije in the 3rd tier (presume due to reputation) but with impressive training facilities and good youth. Hopefully this means chance to develop players to raise through the leagues as well as possibly selling them on to make profit. Do most of the Danish clubs have pretty good facilities?

I have noticed the facilities of the clubs seems to be quite good. I have downloaded a Nordic custom database which brings together all the Nordic clubs into 1 league system. I noticed Veije in the 3rd tier (presume due to reputation) but with impressive training facilities and good youth. Hopefully this means chance to develop players to raise through the leagues as well as possibly selling them on to make profit. Do most of the Danish clubs have pretty good facilities?

Vejle are a "sleeping giant" in Danish football. Having won the title several times. Having produced lots of national players even though the last one were Thomas Gravesen, so they aren't popping out in great numbers any more. They were for a long long time well known (in Denmark at least) for playing a really attacking technical style style of football, but that seem to have been lost a bit

I've only gone an entire season after the .3 update

what are people experience with the FC Nordsjælland intake after they have gotten the Right to Dream Academy as a feeder club

in my Bayern Munich game they (FCN) got 3 newgen from Ghana which my scouts rated to be between good Bunderliga potential to really good Bundesliga potential (2½-3 star potential - compared to the players at Bayern)

• 2 months later...

Playing in the danish league is fun with the new league structure.

Playing as FC Roskilde finished 8th in the first season

promoted next season through playoff games against vejle.

stayed up as number 7.

now its 2022 and ive won the league 2 times in a row, played group stage of champions league against Champions league holders Arsenal, Benfica and Atletico Madrid.

trying to mold a squad with less loaned players now and see if i can get further than group stage.

Archived