Jobs

Has FM16 been toned up to make it more difficult to get jobs in higher rated leagues or higher rated teams.

Im managing on a Sunday League rep in Indonesia and I have been at my club for 3 seasons won 3 league titles and done doubles, trebles and quadruples in the cup competitions and believe it is time for me to move on.

On FM15 I had similar/less success at the start of the game - managing in Malaysia. I then got approached by an Austrailian Hyundai league club and moved up from there.

In my current game I have applied to a Austrailian Hyundai league club and they have laughed off the interest.

When comparing the two it appears to be toned up - but would like an SI response if possible as it will affect the jobs I will apply for when moving on so that I don't become a laughing stock!!

With dynamic reputations it can be difficult to make a direct comparison between saves on the same version let alone different versions.

It could be that your achievements in Indonesia did not see you gain as much rep as you did in the Malaysian save.

As for your main question I do kit believe that there were any changes that have made job hunting more difficult.

I think its changed, I took Salford from non league to the Prem and have established them as a solid team, qualifying for Europa league last season.

On the way up I was constantly offered other jobs from bigger teams, 1-2 leagues above in some cases and always bigger rep sides. I'd say in league 2 I was offered almost every job in the league! Yet since being a Prem side I've been offered nothing, and my contracted weekly wage is v low so its not a compensation thing. You'd have thought a manager who brought a noiin league side to the Premier league and kept them their, finishing higher each year would be of interest to those in the bottom half of the table at least.

With dynamic reputations it can be difficult to make a direct comparison between saves on the same version let alone different versions.

It could be that your achievements in Indonesia did not see you gain as much rep as you did in the Malaysian save.

As for your main question I do kit believe that there were any changes that have made job hunting more difficult.

Ive checked the dynamic ratings for the leagues and the Indonesia League is higher than the Malaysian League therefore I would have thought I would have easily been able to get a job in Australia.

As a rule of thumb how do you decide which clubs in which leagues to apply to without getting laughed at and having the success I have had. I would have thought some clubs would have approached me but none have and I really need to move as the save is getting boring but need to a higher rep club/league so that Im progressing

I would have thought some clubs would have approached me but none have and I really need to move as the save is getting boring but need to a higher rep club/league so that Im progressing

I'm having a similar problem in terms of working my way up the leagues, I get bored and want to move on but my rep doesn't warrant any attention from other clubs. In fact I was being laughed off from clubs lower down the league than me. I reported it as a potential bug in the reputation system in this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/450128-Overachieved-but-can-t-get-decent-jobs ).

At the moment I'm 4th in the Premiership with Huddersfield, who were in the Championship relegation zone when I took over, this season I have also won the Capital One Cup and am still in the FA Cup at semi-final stage, but my reputation has remained "decent", at two-and-a-tiny-bit stars, since I was in League One with York. I uploaded an sgm and it's being looked at and I'm under the impression that it's being taken seriously, your save may have similar issues and it might be worth uploading it and letting them see it in the bugs thread. I agree with you that it's very frustrating to take a club about as far as you can but be unable to move onwards and upwards.

I'm having a similar problem in terms of working my way up the leagues, I get bored and want to move on but my rep doesn't warrant any attention from other clubs. In fact I was being laughed off from clubs lower down the league than me. I reported it as a potential bug in the reputation system in this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/450128-Overachieved-but-can-t-get-decent-jobs ).

At the moment I'm 4th in the Premiership with Huddersfield, who were in the Championship relegation zone when I took over, this season I have also won the Capital One Cup and am still in the FA Cup at semi-final stage, but my reputation has remained "decent", at two-and-a-tiny-bit stars, since I was in League One with York. I uploaded an sgm and it's being looked at and I'm under the impression that it's being taken seriously, your save may have similar issues and it might be worth uploading it and letting them see it in the bugs thread. I agree with you that it's very frustrating to take a club about as far as you can but be unable to move onwards and upwards.

My reputation is useful 1.5 stars after winning the following in my first 3 seasons -

66m25s.png

I've not had one job offer and approached in the press to Melbourne City in the Australian League plus a few other league clubs and they laughed off the interest in the press.

Strange thing is though Melbourne changed there mind and offered me an interview 2-3 weeks later (after I made this post) of which I'm awaiting a reply

Have SI definately said its a bug?? I would have thought I would have had some job offers even if it was from clubs in my league

Have SI definately said its a bug?? I would have thought I would have had some job offers even if it was from clubs in my league

No one from SI has said it was a bug, but as you can see from the link I posted, my save is being looked into, so perhaps yours would be helpful too, because in my opinion it'd be nice if this aspect of the game could be tweaked a bit.

No one from SI has said it was a bug, but as you can see from the link I posted, my save is being looked into, so perhaps yours would be helpful too, because in my opinion it'd be nice if this aspect of the game could be tweaked a bit.

I have posted in that forum and asked if they need to see my save or if they have enough info to make a decision on if it is a bug or not.

That's strange, I've found quite the opposite to be true. Started a save with a Vanarama North club, Sunday league rep. I'm in League 1 right now after 6 seasons and in every one of them I've been getting loads of offers, LOADS. I never took interest in any of them, but they keep coming. I'm linked with 90% of the jobs. Even when I was in my first season of the save, I was getting offers from other clubs in the division regularly.

I was thinking of reporting THAT as a bug, tbh. Until reading this thread. Very odd.

That's strange, I've found quite the opposite to be true. Started a save with a Vanarama North club, Sunday league rep. I'm in League 1 right now after 6 seasons and in every one of them I've been getting loads of offers, LOADS. I never took interest in any of them, but they keep coming. I'm linked with 90% of the jobs. Even when I was in my first season of the save, I was getting offers from other clubs in the division regularly.

I was thinking of reporting THAT as a bug, tbh. Until reading this thread. Very odd.

I wouldn't hurt to report it. It could be something different in your save (the different league or a certain cup competition) gave you an unrealistically high rep increase. It's also good to get perspective from the other side of the coin so that it doesn't look like it is purely a case of rep not being enough.

I wish SI would add a feature regarding job inquiries by other clubs. Im currently winning everything with Atletico and would love it if Man utd or Juventus for example would inquire if i would be interested in joining them, if the position became vacant.

I Won the league 3 years in a row and never got a job offer by a different high rated club.

I Won the league 3 years in a row and never got a job offer by a different high rated club.

Same thing here at club level, but I did get offered the England job after finishing 8th with Huddersfield and winning the FA Cup. I took the job, resigned from my club to concentrate on the England job, and since then job offers have been rolling in from Championship relegation fodder, I'm being asked in the press why I didn't want the Ipswich job (they're 23rd in the Championship), and even had to do a press conference explaining why I left Huddersfield and discussing what was coming next in my career, even though I had just been appointed manager of England. FM16 is throwing too many oddities like this at me for me to enjoy a reasonable level of immersion, and I'm finding this a little frustrating.

I've taken a bottom-of-Jupiler League side on opening day to three consecutive second place finishes in the Eredivisie, a Jupiler League and a Dutch Cup. I have been offered ONE interview and been linked with three jobs in my entire 8 years at the club.

I find that weird. Ajax (who offered me the interview), PSV and Feyenoord have all had their managers changed twice in that span.

Archived