Champions league theme song and Ultras fans

I would love to see if you qualify to the Europa or Champions league you get to see the players coming in the pitch with the either official or if you cant afford the license a similar theme song that adds drama to the match, I just love listening to it when my team play in it ( in FM in real life my team are in the 4th tier of Belgium xD RWDM ). Also I would LOVE to see ultras in the stadium and where if they throw flares on the pitch you get a fine from the FA and then after the match you either ban the ultras from coming for a certain amount of games like Celtic did with the Green Brigade if I'm not wrong and also where you can warn them or praise them for their support with waving their flags and chanting some REAL chants, I hate the clapping of the hands constantly I wish you guys could change it for FM16 or make a mod for it anyone. :)

That's true but I think the manager could still warn or praise the attitude of ultras, and still would be great I know it's not the manager's job to ban them but if we could add it to fm it would be brilliant, I'm sure alot of people would like OWNING a club in the game and being manager, just like Bico is with White Star ( hate them ) He owns and managers them.

Still would be better not needing to go on youtube and do it haha, another thing I'd also like to be added is drums, like the ultras parts with a drum in the backround that makes even more atmosphere and depending on the club style it could be a drum or like my team's case RWDM Brussels trumpets and drums to make a smooth south American style atmosphere

Couple of fair points there,although i dont think the sound gets enough attention prior to new release in my opinion.Most of the people ive spoke to dont usually listen to the sound anyways,but i guess if it was improved etc a few others would maybe start using it,me for one i think.

The charge to license the CL theme would probably be quite substantial so I'd imagine that one is on the improbable list.

Increasing the variety of sound coming from fans would be a nice addition but pushing that into misbehaving fans would be a step too far & is something that SI have consistently said is an aspect of the football world that they are not interested in simulating.

misbehaving fans would be a step too far & is something that SI have consistently said is an aspect of the football world that they are not interested in simulating.

wouldn't that have some kind of legal issue (if they were forced to play behind closed doors)

in a similar way to the lack of controversies (nightclubs etc) for real players

Don't see the point. The match will be finished before the CL theme ends. That and licensing costs make this idea a no-no.

No no, you get like an intro where you see the players walk onto the pitch from the stands and you see a champions league logo in the center of the pitch or an equivalent logo and a similar song to add drama before the match starts if you understand me. Also I think yes the most important for me is the fans sound, I love watching the majority of the match with the fans actually doing some chants and ultras starting the chants and all.

No no, you get like an intro where you see the players walk onto the pitch from the stands and you see a champions league logo in the center of the pitch or an equivalent logo and a similar song to add drama before the match starts if you understand me. Also I think yes the most important for me is the fans sound, I love watching the majority of the match with the fans actually doing some chants and ultras starting the chants and all.

Given that most seem to play on Key or Extended highlights, it would become a big annoyance after the first time you see it.

Most of which you could do in your own room at home if you really, really wanted to, without subjecting everyone else who plays it to a massively cringey feature.

If you're watching the fans more than the actual match taking place the something isn't right, maybe the game isn't challenging enough for a need to pay attention to the match.

Then the licensing costs would definitely make it not worthwhile.

Why? People would use it and others wont... half and half, also I did say it doesn't need to be an official, it can be added as a mod by people or it can be a similar song that isn't licensed.

Why?

Because people WILL not use it. Half and half is extremely optimistic. It would be much lower than that.

Still would be better not needing to go on youtube and do it haha

How many times have you done this? Why not? How many times would anyone have done this?

Why? People would use it and others wont... half and half, also I did say it doesn't need to be an official, it can be added as a mod by people or it can be a similar song that isn't licensed.

I find the whole idea a bit pointless, but I find adding " a similar song that isn't licensed in its place" as downright amateurish, massively cringey, and just awful. IMO.

I find the whole idea a bit pointless, but I find adding " a similar song that isn't licensed in its place" as downright amateurish, massively cringey, and just awful. IMO.

Amateurish? They add leagues without licensing, that's also amateurish but you guys don't seem to give a **** about that... I get the point though, you're just selfish guys who won't ADD anything to the game because it doesn't suit YOU even though it wouldn't affect any of your gameplay as it could be turned OFF...

Amateurish? They add leagues without licensing, that's also amateurish but you guys don't seem to give a **** about that... I get the point though, you're just selfish guys who won't ADD anything to the game because it doesn't suit YOU even though it wouldn't affect any of your gameplay as it could be turned OFF...

Apart from being nowhere near the same thing - the equivalent would be them not naming the Barclays Premier League, and instead calling it the Bonzer Bank Premier League. They're both banks, right? And it looks totally professional.

Anything being added to the game affects everyone, because the developers that brought it in could have been doing something much more useful than animating a cringey opening sequence that you personally want (which would be the very definition of "selfish", but anyway). It doesn't matter if you can turn it off, the cold facts of it is that that developer could've been doing something much, much more useful.

Much much more useful such as what? They already do useful things so they could always add some small details, and I'm not asking an animation like FIFA, just the players running on the pitch and lining up not a close up visual experience but you see them from the same camera angle you'd watch the match with, all that might just take them about an hour to animate... There's nothing hard in that at all...

Much much more useful such as what? They already do useful things so they could always add some small details, and I'm not asking an animation like FIFA, just the players running on the pitch and lining up not a close up visual experience but you see them from the same camera angle you'd watch the match with, all that might just take them about an hour to animate... There's nothing hard in that at all...

This should be an infractable statement. :D

Every new line of code has the potential to cause knock-ons that break other areas & as a consequence nothing is ever quick or easy.

Like pretty much anything that's probably on their to-do list. I'd be fairly comfortable in stating that every single bit of work on it would be more useful than this.

The bolded part...well, it shows you're pretty naive. But if it is as easy as you say, then by all means offer your services to them.

Like pretty much anything that's probably on their to-do list. I'd be fairly comfortable in stating that every single bit of work on it would be more useful than this.

The bolded part...well, it shows you're pretty naive. But if it is as easy as you say, then by all means offer your services to them.

Why the hell should I offer my services to a community that treats new-comers like crap and refusing every single idea that could potentially attract new customers to the damn game, when FIFA add stadiums and make it more realistic people go mental, if FM added some little details it would attract more people into thinking that FM isn't only just a boring tactical game.

Please check the attitude at the door.

New ideas are always welcome & many of the staff at SI originally started out as members of this community so trust me when I say that ideas that are brought up here do make it into FM.

You're unfortunate that the ideas you've raised are not well thought out either because to the direct financial cost of implementing them (CL theme), go against what SI have consistently said in the past (including fan trouble) or are ideas that add very little to the management experience & as such are not ideas that FM players tend to have much time for.

My advice to any new member of the community is to get a feel for the nature of that community before passing judgement & if you find that an idea you have does not receive a positive response then accept that rather than attacking people.

Please check the attitude at the door.

New ideas are always welcome & many of the staff at SI originally started out as members of this community so trust me when I say that ideas that are brought up here do make it into FM.

You're unfortunate that the ideas you've raised are not well thought out either because to the direct financial cost of implementing them (CL theme), go against what SI have consistently said in the past (including fan trouble) or are ideas that add very little to the management experience & as such are not ideas that FM players tend to have much time for.

My advice to any new member of the community is to get a feel for the nature of that community before passing judgement & if you find that an idea you have does not receive a positive response then accept that rather than attacking people.

Well asking for stadium expansions isn't a manager's job either yet it's in the game, having stewards in the stadium doesn't affect the manager either, but ut's in the game... tthere are lots of useless things in FM that is already in the game, yet somehow nobody complains about that, also if the game stays like this I'm pretty sure in the future generations maybe 5-10 years from now nobody would want this game, it's old looking, they add very few each year and you need to constantly add mods for it to look half decent in the menus.

Static artwork is different from motion capture animation. People will (imho) be rightly against the inclusion of what amounts to an animated cut-scene when the time spent by the animation team could be spent on improving the animations used during the match, once they are at a level that produce an absolutely realistic representation of a real life football match then I'd agree that SI should start looking at adding in extra animations outside of the actual match, until then their entire focus should only be on what happens from kick-off to final whistle.

Of course SI could disagree & there is a wishlist thread that they do monitor if you want to post in there.

Static artwork is different from motion capture animation. People will (imho) be rightly against the inclusion of what amounts to an animated cut-scene when the time spent by the animation team could be spent on improving the animations used during the match, once they are at a level that produce an absolutely realistic representation of a real life football match then I'd agree that SI should start looking at adding in extra animations outside of the actual match, until then their entire focus should only be on what happens from kick-off to final whistle.

Of course SI could disagree & there is a wishlist thread that they do monitor if you want to post in there.

But I'm not saying an animated cut scene, all I want is to see the players walk onto the pitch from a TV camera view for example, I'm not asking for a close up animation like fifa but just where you see the players walk up to the pitch and stand in a line while the music plays.

Then why do people moan so much about those? SI probably have enough ressources to do that in addition to what the members wanted.

They have the resources to do x amount.

x = 1

To add your idea, let's say y, they need the resources to do x + y.

x + y =/= 1

So you have to reduce x. You can't just say "they have enough resources". Simple maths, you can't do this without dropping something else. Something more important.

That does show a lack of awareness in how game development works, money is only one part of the equation with others being time & there is never enough of that when creating a new FM.

On that note I'll close off this thread as it is now going to down a well trodden path & once again I direct you to the wishlist thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/306914-What-s-that-A-new-Wishlist-Thread-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-FM-versions?p=10449573#post10449573

Archived