[FM15] FIFA World League (28 divisions!)

Haha! I remember your game with Curepipe Starlight. I think they aren't in the league any more. Plenty of other crappy pitches to play on though.

Oh, they weren't even in the league at the start, they promoted up out of the pool..can't imagine how.

Well, off to find my fortunes down in the deep deep depths.

added: Curepipe Starlight is in the World League Pool F (I knew they'd be out there somewhere...)

Has anyone had an issue with their game crashing at the end of the first season, just after the final round of league fixtures have been played?

You're right! What a pain! The only thing I changed in this version was awards but it seems they cause some kind of crash.

I've gone back to an earlier version that I know works. Would appreciate it if someone can simulate a full year to check as my PC is a bit slow.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489089197

Sorry guys :/

edit: Oh, another change: I've changed the World Pool to only 1 round of matches instead of 2 so the season is considerably shorter. Maybe too short but might be fun to try and whistle through that quickly. Thanks, Tobias Funke, for the suggestion :)

edit2: I've looked into this a bit more. It seems that the awards really were causing a problem. When I tried to alter them and verified the file, there were many more changes listed than with the previous version. Perhaps the game/editor is doing something extra that I can't figure out. Worst outcome: I have to write an .edt file that fixes the names of the awards (or someone else can? :p)

Damn. How come it won't show the S League as World Prem then? I don't have any other .edt files?

Dunno. Are you absolutely sure you don't have any other files in the lnc folder (or wherever those things go)?

Thanks for updating. I have a separate thread in the bug reports section (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/430465-Game-crash-at-specific-date) which hopefully will a) find the exact problem with the awards and b) fix my save :)

I think SI won't be able to help. My current save will also, I assume, stop working at the same date unfortunately. New version works fine (I've now tested it up to 2017)

Amazing effort putting this together, can't wait to get stuck into it.

The only issue I have is the same mentioned earlier regarding foreign players...how I can remove/edit this quota of only X amount of foreigners allowed within the Singapore league? I find it highly restrictive and almost unplayable depending on the team I pick!

Thanks.

Amazing effort putting this together, can't wait to get stuck into it.

The only issue I have is the same mentioned earlier regarding foreign players...how I can remove/edit this quota of only X amount of foreigners allowed within the Singapore league? I find it highly restrictive and almost unplayable depending on the team I pick!

Thanks.

Open the edited file in the editor > Nation rules > Go to each division in turn > Go to match rules > uncheck the foreign limit rule > Save :)

I've started a new save with Home Utd, Singapore's representative in the World Pool. I thought this might be a good test to see how the Singaporean club fares in a World League based in Singapore. Will it prove to be an advantage since they are at home or will it be a disadvantage, limiting the number of foreigners I can play? How will the long-term game turn out when new Singapore re-gens arrive?

I also liked the fact that "Home Utd" would be playing at home.

Will update when the season's over.

I'd like to get some more feedback/suggestions if anyone out there has some? :)

Just wondering if anybody has been having same issues i have been having? I'm trying to play as Chelsea. It starts fine until the draw for the European Cup is made. It states Unknown Fixture in the Schedule List as normal but when draw is made, the fixtures that should be filled have disappeared from the list yet it says i have a game in the Champs League yet it wont let me get to Team Selection. Same with Real Madrid in Euro Super Cup too.

I got no extra files or anything like that. chucklechuck has very kindly said he'd look into it but just wondering if anybody else has this problem?

Great effort! I will def try this one out right now!

One worry - Will star players like Firmino, Volland and Lukaku (for example) be content playing in League 3B or are the reps of the competitions so high that they will be happy?

It would be a shame if all star players of teams like Everton and Hoffenheim requests transfers.

I started a new game following the end of season bug from the previous version.

This time started in the pool with Paxtakor Toshkent of Uzbekistan. Season one over and missed out on playoffs by 12 points, looking for better this season with the vastly increased budget!

Here comes some stats from testing I did (just because I wanna help, not because I am trying to be a prck)

I was curious as to what would happen with the relegations and promotions to division 3A-C. This is what happened:

Relegated from Division 2:

Olympiakos 3B

Braga 3B

Santos 3A

Promoted:

From 4A:

Atletico para. 3C

WBA 3B

Almeria 3B

From 4B:

Frankfurt 3B

Swansea 3A

Vitesse 3B

From 4C:

Aston Villa 3A

Stoke 3A

West ham 3B

As you can see there is an imbalance here and just swiftly checking if some 3A teams or 3B teams have been moved to 3C, I found that Celta Vigo played the first season in 3B but have been moved to 3C for the second season.

What governs this, is it known?

Here comes some stats from testing I did (just because I wanna help, not because I am trying to be a prck)

I was curious as to what would happen with the relegations and promotions to division 3A-C. This is what happened:

Olympiakos 3B

Braga 3B

Santos 3A

Promoted:

From 4A:

Atletico para. 3C

WBA 3B

Almeria 3B

From 4B:

Frankfurt 3B

Swansea 3A

Vitesse 3B

From 4C:

Aston Villa 3A

Stoke 3A

West ham 3B

As you can see there is an imbalance here and just swiftly checking if some 3A teams or 3B teams have been moved to 3C, I found that Celta Vigo played the first season in 3B but have been moved to 3C for the second season.

Does it matter?

Great effort! I will def try this one out right now!

One worry - Will star players like Firmino, Volland and Lukaku (for example) be content playing in League 3B or are the reps of the competitions so high that they will be happy?

It would be a shame if all star players of teams like Everton and Hoffenheim requests transfers.

Yes, I think in my experience this is quite likely to happen. It's balanced a bit by the high reputation of the leagues but they do seem to take into account the brute fact that this is the 4th level of a league, say. It also affects players coming from abroad. If you find a way to improve this, it would be nice.

One more question :-p

Are the clubs of tier 3A higher ranked than he ones in 3B? Or are 3A, 3B and 3C evenly matched?

For example, the three clubs with the highest rep outside Division 2 are put in one third tier league each etc?

They are more or less evenly distributed. I took it in turns. So, say, the top teams in the world are teams m, n, o, p, q, and r. Teams m and p will be in Group A, teams n and q will be in Group B, and so on.

Ouch, I was sacked by River Plate after one game (win against Bordeaux 2-1) on August 23rd 2014. Surely a bug?

Sounds weird. Dunno what to do about it. Could just be one of those quirks of a league that isn't really supposed to exist, as far as the out-of-the-box game is concerned :p

Olympiakos 3B

Braga 3B

Santos 3A

Promoted:

From 4A:

Atletico para. 3C

WBA 3B

Almeria 3B

From 4B:

Frankfurt 3B

Swansea 3A

Vitesse 3B

From 4C:

Aston Villa 3A

Stoke 3A

West ham 3B

Don't worry about potentially sounding prck-ish. I'm really pleased to see someone putting in the effort to provide feedback :)

There are two ways to set this up. One specifies precisely from which group each team is relegated and to which each is promoted. The other is for it to be random. I prefer the random set-up. It makes sense in regional sub-divisions to have, say, a team from MadeUpLand North Division One promoted to MadeUpLand North Premier. It makes less sense for the world league and I prefer the idea that you aren't fixed into one line of progression.

I started a new game following the end of season bug from the previous version.

This time started in the pool with Paxtakor Toshkent of Uzbekistan. Season one over and missed out on playoffs by 12 points, looking for better this season with the vastly increased budget!

Yes, I decided to make it especially easy for the World Pool teams to build up a big budget. A lot of them play in tiny 'stadiums' with little to no facilities and I'm also curious to see how many can make it out of the Div 7-Pool bungee jump. Good luck!

Ending the second season now on holiday and the game seems to work well! No crashes or game-breaking events as far as I can see. Also, clubs in lower divisions are keeping hold of their star players without too much trouble, so the rep of the leagues seem to work.

It must be said that going up into Division 2 is really hard with only one club out of 20 in each of 3A-C getting promoted. I thought the big clubs in Ukraine and Russia would struggle due to the 7 foreigner limit but they have done really well.

Here are some results and stats so far:

Surprisingly, Juventus and Man City are first and second in the Premier Division both years. Juventus won on 67 and 69 p respectively, which is quite low but at the same time probably reflects the quality of the teams and everybody beating everybody. They have approx 6-8 points down to 3rd placed Barcelona who finished 3rd two years in a row. Both Porto and Benfica got relegated from the Premier Division in the first season but managed to stay in the First Division with Porto just escaping a second successive relegation. The 15/16 season saw three Italian teams getting relegated from the Premier Division (Milan, Inter and Roma). Division 1 started the 15/16 season with no fewer than 7 Brazilian clubs due to promotions and relegations. Flamengo got promoted to the Premier Division in 15/16. Malaga have won two straight promotions and will be in the First Division for 16/17. Cup winners: FIFA World League Trophy: R.Madrid 14/15; Juventus 15/16. FIFA World League Cup: Juventus 14/15; Athletic Club 15/16

Clubs seem keen to sign players from their own nation in order to get around the 7 foreigner rule. The transfer market has been relatively quiet with the 10 biggest transfers (£) in the world so far being:

(1) Ward-Prowse 53M (2) Falcao 32M (3) Vela 29.5M (4) J.McCarthy 26M (5) Murillo 26M (6) Emre Can 25M (7) Aurier 24M (8) Clyne 24M (9) Thiago 22.5M (10) R.Rodriguez 22.5M.

There is a LOT of managerial changes as clubs like Man U, Bayern, Chelsea and R.Madrid are not happy with being mid-table. Even smaller clubs seems to change managers often.

Finally, looking in FM Scout to check the economy of some clubs there are some notable big transfer budgets out there. Note, this is in May 2016 so the budgets may change. In descending order the biggest budgets are PSG (142M), Bayern, Zenit, Arsenal, R.Madrid, Man City, Shakhtar (82M!), Dortmund, Liverpool, Man U, Juventus, Barcelona, Krasnodar (36M!), Ajax, Flamengo, Metalist, Spartak Moskva, Dinamo Moskva, Schalke (30M).

Yeah, you're right - it's a problem. I think I may be able to fix it by changing the contintental cup nation of these teams but I don't think I can remove anyone from the Champions' League. Perhaps holidaying for a season before starting a game would help. If you can be bothered to test that it would be helpful. Presumably, in the second season, noone qualifies for the CL so it should work itself out.

Ending the second season now on holiday and the game seems to work well! No crashes or game-breaking events as far as I can see. Also, clubs in lower divisions are keeping hold of their star players without too much trouble, so the rep of the leagues seem to work.

It must be said that going up into Division 2 is really hard with only one club out of 20 in each of 3A-C getting promoted. I thought the big clubs in Ukraine and Russia would struggle due to the 7 foreigner limit but they have done really well.

Here are some results and stats so far:

Surprisingly, Juventus and Man City are first and second in the Premier Division both years. Juventus won on 67 and 69 p respectively, which is quite low but at the same time probably reflects the quality of the teams and everybody beating everybody. They have approx 6-8 points down to 3rd placed Barcelona who finished 3rd two years in a row. Both Porto and Benfica got relegated from the Premier Division in the first season but managed to stay in the First Division with Porto just escaping a second successive relegation. The 15/16 season saw three Italian teams getting relegated from the Premier Division (Milan, Inter and Roma). Division 1 started the 15/16 season with no fewer than 7 Brazilian clubs due to promotions and relegations. Flamengo got promoted to the Premier Division in 15/16. Malaga have won two straight promotions and will be in the First Division for 16/17. Cup winners: FIFA World League Trophy: R.Madrid 14/15; Juventus 15/16. FIFA World League Cup: Juventus 14/15; Athletic Club 15/16

Clubs seem keen to sign players from their own nation in order to get around the 7 foreigner rule. The transfer market has been relatively quiet with the 10 biggest transfers (£) in the world so far being:

(1) Ward-Prowse 53M (2) Falcao 32M (3) Vela 29.5M (4) J.McCarthy 26M (5) Murillo 26M (6) Emre Can 25M (7) Aurier 24M (8) Clyne 24M (9) Thiago 22.5M (10) R.Rodriguez 22.5M.

There is a LOT of managerial changes as clubs like Man U, Bayern, Chelsea and R.Madrid are not happy with being mid-table. Even smaller clubs seems to change managers often.

Finally, looking in FM Scout to check the economy of some clubs there are some notable big transfer budgets out there. Note, this is in May 2016 so the budgets may change. In descending order the biggest budgets are PSG (142M), Bayern, Zenit, Arsenal, R.Madrid, Man City, Shakhtar (82M!), Dortmund, Liverpool, Man U, Juventus, Barcelona, Krasnodar (36M!), Ajax, Flamengo, Metalist, Spartak Moskva, Dinamo Moskva, Schalke (30M).

Thanks for this feedback :) Yes, you're right - getting up to Div 2 is going to be a real challenge. That's good from my point of view - previous versions of this league have sometimes become a little too easy over time to get into the Premiership (when it then always gets tricky!)

Finances is very difficult to get right. If you - or anyone - has a long-term save (say 5 seasons or so) and they can give a rough idea of finances for some teams that would be extremely helpful.

Yeah, you're right - it's a problem. I think I may be able to fix it by changing the contintental cup nation of these teams but I don't think I can remove anyone from the Champions' League. Perhaps holidaying for a season before starting a game would help. If you can be bothered to test that it would be helpful. Presumably, in the second season, noone qualifies for the CL so it should work itself out.

It's a lot easier, you just go to the competition on the editor and remove all the teams on the "registered teams" tab. Then when the game generates, it's the remaining teams in the European leagues that are selected, eg Bournemouth and Murcia for England and Spain etc. It didn't work for the European Super Cup, and perhaps more alarmingly Bayern are in the Asian Champions League representing Singapore (I tried removing all teams from all the continental competitions, maybe leave Asia alone!), but overall it got rid of the ECL issues.

I've nearly finished adapting this for my use (adding playoffs, missing stadiums, removing ECL clubs, B teams etc), but the one thing I can't work out is how to stop agents buying shares in players. Does anyone know how to turn that off from this database? Thanks.

I finished my first season in charge of Home Utd. Really enjoying it :)

The Home Utd team is very weak with one odd exception. While most of the players hover around the 5-15k mark, a new arrival - Danish striker Ken Ilsø - is valued at 4m! He's not an out-and-out goalscorer although he did bag 18 goals in only 26 games in that first season. Fortunately, he hasn't expressed any desire to leave the club although a few offers have come in.

We were predicted to finish 14th but exceeded all expectations, competing as promotion contenders for most of the season. In the end we finished 4th, agonisingly missing out on promotion on goal difference. The final day of the season was a nail-biting affair with four teams - Ethiopia's Saint George, Albania's Skënderbeu Korçë, Trinidad & Tobago's Williams Connection, and us all vying for that final promotion spot. A 1-0 victory for Saint George over San Marino Calcio was enough to put them through.

A victory over FC Vaduz in the World Trophy was vital as we picked up the 5m reward, allowing us to splash out on some new signings. A number of loan players arrived in the pre-season period including, most notably, Marko Cingel, Martin Dostal, and Federico Rasmussen. Hector Benitez, Ahmad Latiff, Zlati Zlatev, Edson Bastos, Obinna Nwaneri, and Ariza Makukula arrived on free transfers, two of whom retired at the end of the season.

At this point, we're not yet benefitting from new Singaporean regens. At the end of the season, a few good quality regens were brought in from top teams in the Premiership and Div 1. I expect that in a few years they will be good enough to play in the upper echelons of the World League. Ten new players in total were brought in including Ryan Edwards who is perhaps the highest rated player with a Singaporean passport at the start of the game.

In the rest of the league, the biggest transfers from these first two Summer transfer windows are:

Falcao, AS Monaco to Man Utd, 41m

Josh Stones, Everton to Man City, 34m

Miralem Pjanic, AS Roma to Paris Saint-Germain, 31m

Carlos Vela, Real Sociedad to Real Madrid, 29.5m

Kevin Volland, TSG Hoffenheim to Borussia Dortmund, 27m

Alexandre Lacazette, Olympique Lyonnaise to Paris Saint-Germain, 23m

Shkodran Mustafi, Valencia to Bayern Munchen, 19.25m

James McCarthy, Everton to Chelsea, 19m

Nathaniel Clyne, Southampton to Chelsea, 18.5m

Aaron Cresswell, West Ham to Man City, 18.25m

As you can see, clubs are working hard to get local players on board.

Juventus won the Premiership. A little surprising, perhaps, but it seems they are also doing well in other people's games. Bayern were third, with four English teams - Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Man City - following. Benfica, FC Porto, and Corinthians, predictably, dropped down to Div 1. Roma, Sevilla, and AS Monaco are joining the Premiership next season. In each World Pool group there was team that struggled but the worst team of all - and therefore the worst team in the World League - was Djabal Club from Comoros. They bought two players during the Summer - one from us - so let's hope they do better than the one, lonely draw they got last year.

A lot of new teams for our World Pool Group A. Rangers, Nagoya Grampus, Gamba Osaka, Sanfrecce Hiroshima, Anorthosis Famagusta, and Aris Thessaloniki. I'm really liking the way the Groups are partly shuffled. Even if you miss out on promotion, you get a shot at some new teams. The Japanese teams I'm not worried about - they start the game with regens due to licensing issues - but Rangers might pose a stronger challenge. We're now expected to gain promotion by the board which is a sign of the progress we made last year. We're also playing in the Lower League Cup this year, which should be interesting.

It's a lot easier, you just go to the competition on the editor and remove all the teams on the "registered teams" tab. Then when the game generates, it's the remaining teams in the European leagues that are selected, eg Bournemouth and Murcia for England and Spain etc. It didn't work for the European Super Cup, and perhaps more alarmingly Bayern are in the Asian Champions League representing Singapore (I tried removing all teams from all the continental competitions, maybe leave Asia alone!), but overall it got rid of the ECL issues.

I've nearly finished adapting this for my use (adding playoffs, missing stadiums, removing ECL clubs, B teams etc), but the one thing I can't work out is how to stop agents buying shares in players. Does anyone know how to turn that off from this database? Thanks.

Thanks so much for this. I will get on it and include it in the next version :)

Do you know if, after one season, Bayern or some World League club is still competing in the Asian Champs League?

I'm curious to know what kinds of playoffs you're introducing and how you decided to resolve the B team issue (if that's what you meant). I haven't worked out how to stop agents buying shares but if I find out I'll post the solution here.

Thanks so much for this. I will get on it and include it in the next version :)

Do you know if, after one season, Bayern or some World League club is still competing in the Asian Champs League?

I'm curious to know what kinds of playoffs you're introducing and how you decided to resolve the B team issue (if that's what you meant). I haven't worked out how to stop agents buying shares but if I find out I'll post the solution here.

I haven't yet finished playing around with the editor, I'm obsessive about setting things up, so haven't seen what happens in the Asian Champions League going forward.

Playoffs, I have introduced a playoff with one team from the bottom of the higher division and the three highest teams that weren't automatically promoted. One out of the four goes up/stays up depending on who wins. It's a personal preference, a 4-team promotion playoff or no playoffs work just as well. I haven't yet got the playoff seedings how I would like which is why I haven't started a game properly yet. It works for nearly all the levels, where the different number of teams is too difficult, I just have a promotion playoff instead.

B team issue, what I did was for every team with a B team (either affiliate or part of the main team), I transferred all players/staff to the main team, and then either deleted the team if it was internal (German etc) or removed the affiliation if it was separate (Spanish etc). This does mean that teams like Barcelona B and Castilla are independent teams in the World League, so need replacing. I put them back in the Spanish League (and because of reputation they went into the European Champions League!) but as they are now separate from the parent team it has no bearing on the World League, and they have no players. It takes an irritatingly long time, but does leave the World League teams with an equal footing.

Solved the Bayern in ACL issue for the first season only, you can choose the best Singapore team not in the World League as the registered team for the ACL in 2014, as well as the second best team for the Confederation Cup. This doesn't seem to work for later years though.

I haven't yet finished playing around with the editor, I'm obsessive about setting things up, so haven't seen what happens in the Asian Champions League going forward.

Playoffs, I have introduced a playoff with one team from the bottom of the higher division and the three highest teams that weren't automatically promoted. One out of the four goes up/stays up depending on who wins. It's a personal preference, a 4-team promotion playoff or no playoffs work just as well. I haven't yet got the playoff seedings how I would like which is why I haven't started a game properly yet. It works for nearly all the levels, where the different number of teams is too difficult, I just have a promotion playoff instead.

B team issue, what I did was for every team with a B team (either affiliate or part of the main team), I transferred all players/staff to the main team, and then either deleted the team if it was internal (German etc) or removed the affiliation if it was separate (Spanish etc). This does mean that teams like Barcelona B and Castilla are independent teams in the World League, so need replacing. I put them back in the Spanish League (and because of reputation they went into the European Champions League!) but as they are now separate from the parent team it has no bearing on the World League, and they have no players. It takes an irritatingly long time, but does leave the World League teams with an equal footing.

Solved the Bayern in ACL issue for the first season only, you can choose the best Singapore team not in the World League as the registered team for the ACL in 2014, as well as the second best team for the Confederation Cup. This doesn't seem to work for later years though.

Great work! Will you share the finished product? I'm happy to incorporate it into the next version I publish and I'm also happy for you to publish it yourself. I think many players would benefit from these improvements :)

I've been doing those changes on a merged database with about 10000 other changes that I use on all saves (team colours, short names etc) so can't easily share. I'm now abroad for a week, but when I get back I can update your files without any other changes, just with playoffs and/or Champions League changes if you'd like. I haven't worked out any way to get seedings working in playoffs though, so they don't quite work as I want yet.

I've been doing those changes on a merged database with about 10000 other changes that I use on all saves (team colours, short names etc) so can't easily share. I'm now abroad for a week, but when I get back I can update your files without any other changes, just with playoffs and/or Champions League changes if you'd like. I haven't worked out any way to get seedings working in playoffs though, so they don't quite work as I want yet.

Yes please.

I'm going to try and do what you did with the B team. For the ACL issue, when you say it doesn't work for later years does that mean that no Singaporean team competes in the ACL?

I have played until the end of the 3rd season with Reading FC, and are now in the deathly Div 3, where only 3 teams get promoted.

The biggest "bugs" that i have spotted thus far has to do with how board confidence is calculated. Something weird happens with the competitions confidence, such even when all 3 competitions are ~40%+, overall competition confidence is basically 0. I think this may have to do with the weighting of the cup competitions and the impact of going out early, but not 100% sure. I was 10+ pts clear in Div 4, yet was hanging onto my job by the skin of my teeth.

There is also something weird (i think) with the Div 3 expectations. In season 3 (when I checked), about 90% of the managers in Div 3 were on the verge of being sacked. I think it may have to do with the issue about plus too many boards expecting promotion from the league. (maybe compounded with the cups issue) I guess I will find out this season!

Even with these couple of issues, am still having lots of fun playing this version. Squad management is really quite interesting with the 7 foreigner limit - I think that Belgian (etc) teams would end up pretty powerful due to their ability to quickly award citizenship to their players!

I have played until the end of the 3rd season with Reading FC, and are now in the deathly Div 3, where only 3 teams get promoted.

The biggest "bugs" that i have spotted thus far has to do with how board confidence is calculated. Something weird happens with the competitions confidence, such even when all 3 competitions are ~40%+, overall competition confidence is basically 0. I think this may have to do with the weighting of the cup competitions and the impact of going out early, but not 100% sure. I was 10+ pts clear in Div 4, yet was hanging onto my job by the skin of my teeth.

There is also something weird (i think) with the Div 3 expectations. In season 3 (when I checked), about 90% of the managers in Div 3 were on the verge of being sacked. I think it may have to do with the issue about plus too many boards expecting promotion from the league. (maybe compounded with the cups issue) I guess I will find out this season!

Even with these couple of issues, am still having lots of fun playing this version. Squad management is really quite interesting with the 7 foreigner limit - I think that Belgian (etc) teams would end up pretty powerful due to their ability to quickly award citizenship to their players!

Hmm... I can try and experiment with the cup reps I guess. They are maybe a bit high. I also think a problem might be that, because there is little difference between teams in a division, and so almost any club could gain promotion, boards are disappointed when they don't - and many inevitably won't. Same might apply to cup comps.

Glad you are still having fun and thanks for your feedback - I need this kind of info to try tweaking things and see if it can be improved. Also, great point about the different citizenship periods. Will be interesting to see if that proves significant in long-term games!

Hmm... I can try and experiment with the cup reps I guess. They are maybe a bit high. I also think a problem might be that, because there is little difference between teams in a division, and so almost any club could gain promotion, boards are disappointed when they don't - and many inevitably won't. Same might apply to cup comps.

Glad you are still having fun and thanks for your feedback - I need this kind of info to try tweaking things and see if it can be improved. Also, great point about the different citizenship periods. Will be interesting to see if that proves significant in long-term games!

I have a 20-6-1 record with Marseille and lead the third division by 14 points in February in my first season after taking them over in June 2017. My job security is, and has been throughout the whole season, "precarious" and "the board are bitterly disappointed with my management of the team". Before most games I get a news post about media speculating that I will get sacked if I dont win the next game. Many "el sackico" news items, so many teams probably are in a similar position.

I hope I don't get the sack :-o

Love the mod though! Very impressed by this.

I have a 20-6-1 record with Marseille and lead the third division by 14 points in February in my first season after taking them over in June 2017. My job security is, and has been throughout the whole season, "precarious" and "the board are bitterly disappointed with my management of the team". Before most games I get a news post about media speculating that I will get sacked if I dont win the next game. Many "el sackico" news items, so many teams probably are in a similar position.

I hope I don't get the sack :-o

Love the mod though! Very impressed by this.

Yeah, I really hope not. Let us know whether you survive!

Not sure if there's a way to make boards chill out a little. Maybe reducing reps for all competitions would help? Anyone know?

Great work! Some things that annoy me. Fifa World competitions reputation seems to change. I think they need to have static reputation. Why not remove Champions League from every continent? If you do that, the competitions reputation will become static. Also, i think the difference in reputation between division is too low, lets say, the team who wins league 2, will have bigger reputation than any team from league 1. This is not fair. Also, why not make your world league in an european minor country? Like San Marino or Andorra. Because the league is set up in Singapore, the ticket price are realy low for every team, like 4 or 5 euro. Is not a big problem after all, but the finances are affected, especially for clubs with big attendance.

Great work! Some things that annoy me. Fifa World competitions reputation seems to change. I think they need to have static reputation. Why not remove Champions League from every continent? If you do that, the competitions reputation will become static. Also, i think the difference in reputation between division is too low, lets say, the team who wins league 2, will have bigger reputation than any team from league 1. This is not fair. Also, why not make your world league in an european minor country? Like San Marino or Andorra. Because the league is set up in Singapore, the ticket price are realy low for every team, like 4 or 5 euro. Is not a big problem after all, but the finances are affected, especially for clubs with big attendance.

Hey, thanks a lot for this :) With the 2014 version also it was difficult to get the reputations right. I didn't realise that if you removed the Champions League from every continent the reputations would be static. How does that work? Is it league reps as well as cup reps that become static?

If I lower the division reputations too much there is the problem that players in lower leagues will want to leave and lower league teams will have difficulty attracting players. I can lower it a little though in the next version and see if that helps with the rep problem (maybe there's no ideal number and it's always a trade-off).

I chose Singapore for a few reasons but it's true it might not be the best option. The first is that it seemed "lore-friendly". It's a rich country and this bizarre world league could only happen in a place with a lot of cash floating around. Secondly, it had to be a small country with a rubbish reputation so that newgens didn't skew things too much. Third, it's where I live :p What are the ticket prices like in San Marino or Androrra? I think it's too late to change now but I can consider them for 2016, if I do it again. There may also be an option to raise ticket prices - haven't checked but I will.

Thanks again for the feedback and suggestions. Much appreciated.

I'm not really sure about FM 2015, but in past editions, if you recreate Champions League, the competitions reputation will become static. Just set 2 specific teams from every continent to play each other every year. This will solve the problem. Yep, all competitions will have static reputation, leagues and cups as well.

The ticket price is set for every team. But in some countries, no matter how much you set the ticket prices in editor, in game the ticket prices will be lower, much lower. This happens in some countries from East Europe, or from Africa, or some countries in Asia. etc. But in countries from Central Europe, the ticket prices will be normal, like they are set in editor. This is the reason I say you should choose Andorra or San Marino.

Small update: I was able to stay on at Marseille even though the board was bitterly disappointed. My contract ran out and they refused to give me a new one, but i was not sacked. So instead, I continued to work in thus limbo situation without a contract and suddenly once the leagues updated in July (I was promoted) the board was happy with me. I should add that Marseille was taken over by a tycoon before I joined them so expectations and pressure was always likely to be high. I am now in Division 1 fighting for promotion to the top tier. One potential problem, which I am not sure if it is due to the tycoon or the mod, every season I am expected to win my league and also in the season preview tab of each league, I am always the favourite. Again, I will have to try this mod with a club with less ambitious owners to know if this is due to the reputation etc of the mod.

The game mechanics work surprisingly well. Transfers are a bit on the low side as clubs in 3rd and 4th and even 5th tier division ask for silly money for their stars. And these players are not desperate to move. Firmino is still at Hoffenheim in the 4th Divison (5th tier) after 4 seasons, valued at 28M pounds and happy. Some mechanics that evolve with time are just lovely, for example the 7 foreigner rule make Marseille, PSG and Lyon (three clubs who all do very well in this mod) really fight for the top French talents. It is great to prepare your team for each season knowing you have to look for primarily French talents. I have been splashing the cash to bring in Pogba in January 2017, which was when I was in the 2nd divison (third tier) for 100M pounds. I also now have signed a 31-year old Benzema on a free transfer as well as big money purchases of Moussa Sissoko and Kurt Zouma. It reminds me a bit of the old days when Italian clubs could only have three foreigners and Milan had the three Dutchmen and Inter the three Germans. I guess the downside is that it is harder for clubs from smaller nations to be competitive as good talent from their nation is scarce.

For me, running the game on a powerful laptop, the game is getting very slow in 2018/2019. I am now planning to switch off some leagues (the lower tiers) in the summer of 2019. I hope this will not destroy the balance of the game.

I'm not really sure about FM 2015, but in past editions, if you recreate Champions League, the competitions reputation will become static. Just set 2 specific teams from every continent to play each other every year. This will solve the problem. Yep, all competitions will have static reputation, leagues and cups as well.

The ticket price is set for every team. But in some countries, no matter how much you set the ticket prices in editor, in game the ticket prices will be lower, much lower. This happens in some countries from East Europe, or from Africa, or some countries in Asia. etc. But in countries from Central Europe, the ticket prices will be normal, like they are set in editor. This is the reason I say you should choose Andorra or San Marino.

Okay, I'll test out the Champions' League thing. Thanks very much :)

Makes sense. There are settings in the editor to change the economy of nations so it could be that if I change something like that I can make Singapore more like Europe. But in future editions I think I'll follow your advice and go with Andorra/San Marino.

Small update: I was able to stay on at Marseille even though the board was bitterly disappointed. My contract ran out and they refused to give me a new one, but i was not sacked. So instead, I continued to work in thus limbo situation without a contract and suddenly once the leagues updated in July (I was promoted) the board was happy with me. I should add that Marseille was taken over by a tycoon before I joined them so expectations and pressure was always likely to be high. I am now in Division 1 fighting for promotion to the top tier. One potential problem, which I am not sure if it is due to the tycoon or the mod, every season I am expected to win my league and also in the season preview tab of each league, I am always the favourite. Again, I will have to try this mod with a club with less ambitious owners to know if this is due to the reputation etc of the mod.

The game mechanics work surprisingly well. Transfers are a bit on the low side as clubs in 3rd and 4th and even 5th tier division ask for silly money for their stars. And these players are not desperate to move. Firmino is still at Hoffenheim in the 4th Divison (5th tier) after 4 seasons, valued at 28M pounds and happy. Some mechanics that evolve with time are just lovely, for example the 7 foreigner rule make Marseille, PSG and Lyon (three clubs who all do very well in this mod) really fight for the top French talents. It is great to prepare your team for each season knowing you have to look for primarily French talents. I have been splashing the cash to bring in Pogba in January 2017, which was when I was in the 2nd divison (third tier) for 100M pounds. I also now have signed a 31-year old Benzema on a free transfer as well as big money purchases of Moussa Sissoko and Kurt Zouma. It reminds me a bit of the old days when Italian clubs could only have three foreigners and Milan had the three Dutchmen and Inter the three Germans. I guess the downside is that it is harder for clubs from smaller nations to be competitive as good talent from their nation is scarce.

For me, running the game on a powerful laptop, the game is getting very slow in 2018/2019. I am now planning to switch off some leagues (the lower tiers) in the summer of 2019. I hope this will not destroy the balance of the game.

Thanks! Really interesting! I've also experienced what seem to me like high expectations following promotion. After getting promoted to Div 7 in my second season at Home Utd, the board wanted me to challenge for the title. It seems, after half a year, that my team is capable of doing that so they may have just been being realistic given the improvements in the squad. I wasn't the favourite though (you mean in the Season Preview, right?) I was predicted to finish 6th.

You're bang on that some of the most fun aspects of the game, for me also, come from the foreigner limit. I ended up spending my entire transfer budget (7.5m) on a reasonably good player just because he was Singaporean. There are real tough battles going on to buy the best of the top nations. It isn't just a battle of who has the most money to buy the best players in the world. It will be interesting to see how the newgens balance out over time and if it becomes easier for smaller nations to be competitive. Certainly in the long term clubs should be able to develop their own youth players so if you are managing a club from Tuvalu with noone at the start, that will change over time.

Funny detail: Doria, my talented Brazilian central defender in the summer of 2020 has now been at Marseille for 1825 days which counts as 1825 days in France and subsequently is enough for French citizenship. This is something very valuable in this mod, as you can understand. But instead of the normal "awaiting paperwork" it says "cannot speak basic French".

I assume this is due to the team being based in Singapore :-)

Not to worry though, I added French via the in-game editor. Just a blip.

Funny detail: Doria, my talented Brazilian central defender in the summer of 2020 has now been at Marseille for 1825 days which counts as 1825 days in France and subsequently is enough for French citizenship. This is something very valuable in this mod, as you can understand. But instead of the normal "awaiting paperwork" it says "cannot speak basic French".

I assume this is due to the team being based in Singapore :-)

Not to worry though, I added French via the in-game editor. Just a blip.

Hmm... interesting. I'll keep an eye on players in my game. Not sure that it's a bad thing, necessarily, as I do want to make it reasonably difficult for players to gain nationality. Problem is this might bias English-speaking clubs and it's not very fair if you are waiting for a player to gain nationality and they can't because of language problems.

• 2 months later...

I've started work on an FM16 version.

Features/changes:

Now based in Andorra. Having a European base should make things easier/more realistic in various ways.

Bigger: I'm expanding the league to include many more teams and more sub-divisions for each stage.

A separate file without the foreigner limits.

Enabling all other European divisions so that a Champions League can run and you can run, say, the EPL alongside the World League.

Any other issues/requests?

Hi chucklechuck,

First, excuse my bad English, i am a French guy, and write English is difficult for me (goggle is my friend)

Great job this FIFA World League Update :)

For me, it just lacks something, namely an additional competition.

In fact I love the Champions League because it's the "Saint Graal" for a coach to win this competition.

So if you remove the real champion's league, trying to recreate it in your update on creating a new cut that oppose such all teams having completed the 1st and 2nd a place of each division.

The ultimate would be to also add a Europa League which opposed all teams having completed 3rd and 4th of each division.

Good luck to you :)

Hi Pablo,

My plan was to have the Champions League run as normal but no world league teams will compete. Instead, the new FIFA World League Cup will be the "Saint Graal".

I'm not sure what you mean by recreating it with 1st and 2nd of each division? Do you mean each division of the World League?

Re,

Champion's League = the 1st and 2nd a place of each World League division

Europa League = 3rd and 4th of each World League division.

I think I did that in the 2014 version but I didn't like it. It no longer makes sense to me as I'm not sure what is the point of those teams competing? Would you have the first two teams from the EPL, Championship, Div 1, Div 2 play each other?

I'm happy to help if you want to create it yourself. You can use my file and modify it. But I think I won't do it for this version. Hope you'll still want to play this version! :)

Archived