Very Odd

I think its a decent game, now that i've 3 three seasons with it, i don't think i will buy it again, it's really not worth the money, there is no realism to it, first season i won the Europa League, Capital One Cup, and finished 5th with Everton. season 2 and 3 are seeing my team lose like 7-2, 6-0 etc, every part of the key highlights are the team i am playing scoring, i see nothing from my side, i think the bubble has burst to be honest or maybe i am now to old for this, but i really think its just a cash in job for anyone involved..

*sigh* It's your tactics ;)

I'm currently in 2019. Managed both Aalesund and Corinthians.

With Aalesund i finished 3rd, then 2nd and finally won the league in my 3rd season. 4th season saw me claim a league and cup double before I moved to Brazil.

With Corinthians I won the National First Division the first season and in my second season I have already won the Sao Paulo state championship and the Copa Libertadores, and I am on course to win the league as well.

I'm not even that good, there are tons of players out there with similar accomplishments and there are loads that does way better.

I'm not blindly defending the game, there are loads of thing that needs improving, (Player interactions and manager history for one) but tactics/ME is IMO the best part of FM. It reflects real football tactics quite well, and if you put in a little effort it will reward you.

My first advice to you is to watch more of the game. Key highlights is not a good way to see what's happening on the pitch. I would switch to extended at the very least. Furthermore I would go to the tactics and traning forum and post my tactics there to see of anyone can help you figure out why your tactic is failing. I did that when I could not get invested in a save on FM14 and it really helped me improve my game. The result was one of the best saves I have ever had. And it has helped me get into FM15 in record time.

Since about FM09 I started struggeling to get invested in saves after release. I would try different saves until February/March before I finally found something that interested me. This time I am enjoying it more then ever. Took me about two weeks to get into a save.

Truth is that FM will in most cases reflect the effort you put into it. Minimal effort will usually result in minimal results. More effort will usually yield better results.

As the previous posters have pointed out you are the manager and are responsible for all the inputs for your team into a match.

As has been seen many times on the forum over the years the opposition AI teams have adjusted their tactics whilst you seem to have done little with yours. Tactics (including team talks, media comments, player management etc) are ever changing and you need to adapt to continue to get the best out of your team. You should be able to identify why yours aren't working and make the relevant changes to improve your results.

Blaming the game for your faults will do nothing to improve your experience or help you to enjoy the game.

The bottom line is that the ME doesn't know or care who provides the inputs (Human or AI), it simply takes them from two teams and calculates what happens on the field. If you getting beat then the AI teams are providing better inputs into the ME and you have access to exactly the same options.

After playing less time with FM 2014 than any other CM/FM game to date, i am finding this years version a lot more easy/understandable than in other years, the thing is, this year i started to have more atention to what the game tells me than i did before, i try to have the best squad harmony possible, it goes a long way, and the ratings that the scouts give to the players are really more important than i thought, in FM 14 even with loads of money i could't win to save my life, but this year i even manage to make a profit with PSG (i made some 200 millions euros in sales) while buying a great team, i am just more careful with every part of the game because the time to buy players, pick tactics and just go on pressing the spacebar is really over, it's just a question of trying to understand the game, playing it like it still is how it was before will take you nowhere, and yes, sometimes you just have to move on from a team who isn't working and try your luck in some other team, i have to say that i have had a huge sucess in Portugal and France, done good in Italy but i was there just half a season before PSG offered me the job, and have failed miserably in England, it happens...

first season i won the Europa League, Capital One Cup, and finished 5th with Everton.

Didn't moan then...

season 2 and 3 are seeing my team lose like 7-2, 6-0 etc, every part of the key highlights are the team i am playing scoring, i see nothing from my side

..moans now.

Case closed m'laud.

Don't take this to heart lads, jesus, i'm just wondering what is going on, i'm now season 3, and played 5 lost 5, with a very decent team, weird thats all...

You said it yourself, you won stuff. Now your team's reputation is bigger and teams treat you differently, setting up against your lads differently too. If you didn't adapt your tactics, you get screwed.

Archived