Now impossible to deal with agents in FM2015.

The feature in FM2014 where you could gently encourage a player to dispense with the services of an irritating agent was excellent.

That seems to have been removed in FM2015.

I'm trying to sign up one of my youth players to a long term contract, but the agent in question is making it impossible.

And he represents 3 of my players.

Have rejected his suggested contract because of the extortionate agent fees he wanted to charge.

I now can't make progress with any of the 3 youth players in question.

As things stand, I am set to lose them, which is massively annoying.

Why has the wonderful feature that enabled you to boss the agents a little bit been removed in FM2015?

I can see this just going back to the bad old days of not being able to sign or retain players because the agent wants a million in his pocket for the deal!

But if I'm an agent, and a team's looking to sign my client to a long-term deal it tells me 1) obviously the team thinks he's a keeper 2) I'd better get the best contract possible for him because they want to wrap him up for several years and 3) I should be compensated for all those years he's going to be a significant part of the club's plans.

I find it way more aggravating when you sign a player to a 4 year contract, a big club takes a passing interest, and the agent immediately runs in with a "we want to re-negotiate" demand 6 months in.

Also, the feature to ask your player to sack his agent hasn't been removed.

Oh, really?

When does it become available, because this one agent is being a complete b*ll-ache, but I don't seem to be able to talk to my player about it.

Could you let me know when / where to find it?

I find it way more aggravating when you sign a player to a 4 year contract, a big club takes a passing interest, and the agent immediately runs in with a "we want to re-negotiate" demand 6 months in.

Yeah, that's really annoying, but I guess akin to real life. I just say no every time, even if the player deserves it.

Then I offer a contract when I feel like, not when the agent tells me to! I'm stubborn like that!

Oh, really?

When does it become available, because this one agent is being a complete b*ll-ache, but I don't seem to be able to talk to my player about it.

Could you let me know when / where to find it?

It'll be an event based interaction and you'll get the option in the message in your inbox, like the one where the agent wants an improved contract for his client after he had a good game.

It'll be an event based interaction and you'll get the option in the message in your inbox, like the one where the agent wants an improved contract for his client after he had a good game.

OK. Thanks.

I'll wait and see if it becomes available, but at the moment this guy is just blocking access to one of my players.

Not even a first team player either - one of my under 21's!

I'll wait and see if it becomes available, but at the moment this guy is just blocking access to one of my players.

Blocking access meaning he doesn't want to negotiate/deal with you anymore?

Blocking access meaning he doesn't want to negotiate/deal with you anymore?

Exactly. In fact, I had it wrong. It's two different agents, with two of my players each:

Newcastle

Graham Hunter, agent for Remie Streete and Rolando Aarons.

Jack Wallace, agent for Paul Dummett and Sammy Ameobi.

They're both idiots of the highest order!

Giving it all that 'I'm going to wait for you to make an offer...substantial payment" rubbish, even though it's young players we're on about.

Winds me right up, that. (I know, I know, it's just a game!)

Exactly. In fact, I had it wrong. It's two different agents, with two of my players each:

Giving it all that 'I'm going to wait for you to make an offer...substantial payment" rubbish, even though it's young players we're on about.

Oh, see, that's the negotiating tactic I really hate - "Make US an offer, and then we'll pile on with a bunch of silly demands." I look at their current deal, give them about a 30% bump with some incentives for making the first team and then see what they counter with. If it's silly, I cut it to midway between my offer and their demands and if they go back to their original demands I just step away and start looking to sell them at a moderate mark-up on value. If no one bites, then I can ascertain what their real value is, and really start working their agent.

They've started to dislike you then. My guess would be that it's because of negotiations that broke down. Have you had many negotiations that ended without a deal being made?

Yes, they've both started to dislike me because I won't pay £100,000+ agent fees to give a new contract to one of my club's young players.

Still can't see any option coming up that allows me to discuss this directly with the player in question.

I'll see how it goes through January in the game...

Yes, they've both started to dislike me because I won't pay £100,000+ agent fees to give a new contract to one of my club's young players.

Still can't see any option coming up that allows me to discuss this directly with the player in question.

I'll see how it goes through January in the game...

This option should only come up when they're asking for a new contract if the player has performed well in a game etc.

AFAIK, it won't come up just because the agent dislikes you. Maybe it should be an option though? You could raise it in the bugs forum and see what SI say about it. You might need to upload your save. Failing that, suggest it in the Wishlist thread. :thup:

To be honest, I felt getting players to sack their agents was too easy and unrealistic in FM14. I don't like agents, but we're not exactly supposed to.

No point in having them in if you can use cheesy player interactions to subvert them ~75% of the time you want to sign a new contract.

Well i think you have two options here pay the agent or let the player go, i do think you should be able to convince the player to sign a contract seprate from the agent like when a player isn't interested in signing for you it lets you speak to direct to the player.

• 2 weeks later...

Really irritating now.

Since when are agents able to 'lock' their fees, so I can't speak to one of my players without agreeing to their exorbitant demands?

Not even possible to negotiate the agents fee down a bit.

So I'm going to end up losing my players.

Trying to resign Davide Santon at Newcastle.

His agent is demanding £725,000, and has 'locked' his fee.

There's no way to suggest, as there used to be, to the player that his agent isn't acting in his best interests.

So I'm stuck not being able to offer my own player a new contract.

So just like real life then. :)

Really, though?

I don't think agents have quite THAT much power, to wander into a football club and start throwing their weight around like that.

You've surely got to be able to negotiate their fees, not just be dictated to.

I don't buy that as like 'real life'.

Really, though?

I don't think agents have quite THAT much power, to wander into a football club and start throwing their weight around like that.

You've surely got to be able to negotiate their fees, not just be dictated to.

I don't buy that as like 'real life'.

Some agents are like that and lock certain parts down. Others are much more willing to negotiate.

A great addition would be the possibility to tell a player why we don't/won't offer him a contract, letting him the choice to get rid of his agent. In a way, I think it's better than the choice we already have to tell him "you should get rid of your agent" (In fact, these two ways to sack an agent are complementary).

Because yes, those agents are really annoying (To be polite). And if they are the same IRL, err... Don't let them approach me, I could be dangerous ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there a single real life example of a club asking a player to sack their agent? Is it even legal, given the cut agents take if it was that easy to dump them just before signing a new deal, all players would do it.

Oh yes, there is. Not publicly, but this happens behind closed doors.. at least in Brazil, this is very common.

Archived